PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one...

Salsa80
01-17-2012, 08:32 PM
...that's already nervous? I woke up Monday morning and all I could think about was Sunday at 6:30. It's a mixture of excitement and nervousness. I am more nervous about this game than GB because it's clear that we could bring the Lombardi Trophy back to NY. Anyone else getting these feelings?

egyptian420
01-17-2012, 09:08 PM
I think we're all anxious to some degree, but I'm more excited than anxious. The thought of our season potentially ending is devastating but the thought of us going to the Superbowl is much more happily overwhelming....I'm thinking more about that.

Pksoze
01-17-2012, 09:10 PM
No we're playing with House money ever since we beat Dallas. I will be very nervous if we do win this game however.

bLuereverie
01-17-2012, 09:21 PM
I think the further you go into the postseason, the greater letdown of a loss would be. I carry the same sensation of confidence against GB, but am conscious that a loss now would sting more than last week. I am not taking to the old sentiment of "this season is a success as is".

Pop it Ahmad
01-17-2012, 09:55 PM
I think the further you go into the postseason, the greater letdown of a loss would be. I carry the same sensation of confidence against GB, but am conscious that a loss now would sting more than last week. I am not taking to the old sentiment of "this season is a success as is".

I agree completely. Getting to the championship is great! But we've been down this road before with this current team.

But getting to the Super Bowl, win or lose, is a success in itself.

fightngiant
01-17-2012, 10:03 PM
Man, I am excited its more than halfway through January and our season is still alive, nothing beats it!

Idkaname
01-17-2012, 10:05 PM

I agree completely. Getting to the championship is great! But we've been down this road before with this current team.

But getting to the Super Bowl, win or lose, is a success in itself.

Losing a superbowl is the ultimate failure...I'd rather not make the playoffs then lose the superbowl that would be the ultimate embarresment(again -_-)

repeatchamps
01-17-2012, 10:06 PM
Part of mefeels they most definitely overachieved and this is gravy. However, now thatthey are here in this particular game, the NFC Title game, I must say that I am now saying to myself they cannot lose this game for the simple reason that no Giants team has lost an NFC Title game in the Super Bowl era. I could not live it down if they lost this game especially since it is against the 49ers who lead the Giants-49ers all time playoff rivalry 4-3. We owe them one big time for 2002 and 1993 also. They have failed to get past the 49ers the last two timesthey faced each other inthe playoffs (both in SF). I am hoping that third time is a charm (though this is the fourth straight time they have faced each other in SF in the playoffs). I would have a very hard time dealing with a loss in this game.

Maurice55
01-17-2012, 10:06 PM
You're not the only one. I've been losing alot of sleep in the past couple days thinking about sunday. This week can't pass fast enough,

mattpl908
01-17-2012, 10:16 PM
Im with you on this one...Im worried about this upcoming matchup..playing on the west coast, bad weather, # 1 D, their qb is hot...one of the advantages that i see is that the 49ers are taking us lightly and looking over to the sb