PDA

View Full Version : Sign of a truly dedicated fan

lnp12
01-17-2012, 08:34 PM
So I'm a high school senior, and in the midst of this whole football season I've been applying to colleges. Most of my schools are conducting their interviews now and apparently Sunday is a popular day for such things. I just had canceled my Princeton interview because it was scheduled for this Sunday at 5:45. I'm pretty sure my mom is seriously considering ending our cable subscription just so I can't watch the game. However, my dad sees nothing wrong with my decision. In fact, he supports me wholeheartedly ;)

Moral of the story: Giants > everything else. Go Big Blue!!!

KidA
01-17-2012, 08:41 PM
Well, I guess you want to know what everyone thinks.

Sorry to say it but you should tape the game and go to the interview.

That is, unless you are be able to reschedule. If that's the case then good call!

DragonSoul
01-17-2012, 08:42 PM
So I'm a high school senior, and in the midst of this whole football season I've been applying to colleges. Most of my schools are conducting their interviews now and apparently Sunday is a popular day for such things. I just had canceled my Princeton interview because it was scheduled for this Sunday at 5:45. I'm pretty sure my mom is seriously considering ending our cable subscription just so I can't watch the game. However, my dad sees nothing wrong with my decision. In fact, he supports me wholeheartedly ;)

Go 4 the interview (even though its Princeton) and just dvr the game and do not listen to the radio. You might be home easily before the half.

smashndash715
01-17-2012, 08:43 PM

ive missed so many family events due to giants game...some people get it some people dont..but i bleed blue and i can appreciate your choice

BornLegend
01-17-2012, 08:44 PM
I'm sorry but your priorities should be #1 in your life. Football is entertainment, school is gonna determine how many zeros you plan on putting in your bank account. They have things called DVR's. Congrats by the way.

brad
01-17-2012, 08:49 PM
I'm sorry but your priorities should be #1 in your life. Football is entertainment, school is gonna determine how many zeros you plan on putting in your bank account. They have things called DVR's. Congrats by the way.

what he said

lnp12
01-17-2012, 08:56 PM
Oh I probably should of said this originally, I'm rescheduling it haha. I had to come up with some believable excuse other than, "I have to watch the Giants play" but it all worked out; we're meeting on a Tuesday. No football to worry about then!

KidA
01-17-2012, 08:58 PM
Think about it this way:

If you live an average lifespan you have about 60 seasons of Giants football ahead of you. Go to college, get a job, and find a good career so you can sit around and watch the games on your big screen TV.

Otherwise you might find yourself pulling double-shifts on Sunday at some ****hole job you hate.

EDIT: Just saw your previous post. Good call! You had us all worried there for a minute! Enjoy the game!

Pop it Ahmad
01-17-2012, 08:58 PM
Oh I probably should of said this originally, I'm rescheduling it haha. I had to come up with some believable excuse other than, "I have to watch the Giants play" but it all worked out; we're meeting on a Tuesday. No football to worry about then!

Ok if you're rescheduling it, then it's cool! BTW Congrats on getting the interview at Princeton.

lnp12
01-17-2012, 09:03 PM

Ok if you're rescheduling it, then it's cool! BTW Congrats on getting the interview at Princeton.

Thanks :) Another reason I didn't want the it to be this Sunday is because I'm going to be nervous enough about the interview, I didn't need to add the nervousness of not knowing what's going on with the game!

lnp12
01-17-2012, 09:03 PM

Thanks :) Another reason I didn't want the it to be this Sunday is because I'm going to be nervous enough about the interview, I didn't need to add the nervousness of not knowing what's going on with the game!

giantsandyanks1
01-17-2012, 09:05 PM
Well i will be conducting that interview on Tuesday young man and i say don't bother coming in because you have been accepted this was all a test and you passed with flying colors
GO BIG BLUE

DartLax 36
01-17-2012, 09:55 PM
Princeton can go to hell. Big green or bust.

fizzlestick
01-17-2012, 10:08 PM
What a stupid time for an interview, not just for interfering with the Giants but on a Sunday? And that late?

NYfanatic
01-17-2012, 10:12 PM
I am cancelling work sunday even though it ends at 6:00pm. I cant go to work the day of the game. It is just that I cant focus the day of the NFC champ game. Too excited!

JJC7301
01-17-2012, 10:13 PM
You are definitely a great fan, but get your butt to Princeton. I DVR'd the GB game and have watched it 4 times over the past two nights.

And IF the Giants lose, you'll REALLY be kicking yourself in the *** for not going. Get to Princeton, focus on business, and become the youngest Giants GM in franchise history. ;)

lnp12
01-17-2012, 10:16 PM
Well i will be conducting that interview on Tuesday young man and i say don't bother coming in because you have been accepted this was all a test and you passed with flying colors
GO BIG BLUE

Hahahaha if only! (btw I'm a girl)

lnp12
01-17-2012, 10:18 PM
You are definitely a great fan, but get your butt to Princeton. I DVR'd the GB game and have watched it 4 times over the past two nights.

And IF the Giants lose, you'll REALLY be kicking yourself in the *** for not going. Get to Princeton, focus on business, and become the youngest Giants GM in franchise history. ;)

Don't worry, I rescheduled the interview. Also, I don't have DVR which was the biggest reason I rescheduled. No worries!

JJC7301
01-17-2012, 10:18 PM
GO BIG BLUE

Hahahaha if only! (btw I'm a girl)

Ahhhh too funny!

lnp12
01-17-2012, 10:19 PM
I am cancelling work sunday even though it ends at 6:00pm. I cant go to work the day of the game. It is just that I cant focus the day of the NFC champ game. Too excited!

Exactly! This was what I was trying to explain to my mom, that I wouldn't be focused on the interview AT ALL.

JJC7301
01-17-2012, 10:20 PM

Don't worry, I rescheduled the interview. Also, I don't have DVR which was the biggest reason I rescheduled. No worries!

School is cool! We don't take stupid people on the Giants boards, young man. We have enough 49er trolls to fill out the stupid quota.

THE_New_York_Giants
01-17-2012, 10:20 PM

I'm a college professor. I've cancelled class after Sunday and Monday night games because it usually takes me a few hours to get over the rush. If you need a letter of recommendation, I can get a fellow Giants fan one ;)

lnp12
01-17-2012, 10:27 PM

School is cool! We don't take stupid people on the Giants boards, young<font size="5"> woman</font>. We have enough 49er trolls to fill out the stupid quota.

Haha yeah, school's just kinda important nowadays. And again, I'm a girl...lol I was serious

JJC7301
01-17-2012, 10:33 PM

School is cool! We don't take stupid people on the Giants boards, young<font size="5"> woman</font>. We have enough 49er trolls to fill out the stupid quota.

Haha yeah, school's just kinda important nowadays. And again, I'm a girl...lol I was serious

Sorry miss, but that's even better. After Princeton, you can wind up being the first female GM of the NY football Giants.

NYG4ME
01-17-2012, 10:37 PM

You sir, are going places in life.. Not because of Princeton because you rescheduled. Nicely done.

Ruttiger711
01-17-2012, 10:46 PM
The interviewer was probably hoping you would cancel :) - the interviewer you want anyway.

lnp12
01-17-2012, 10:51 PM

Sorry miss, but that's even better. After Princeton, you can wind up being the first female GM of the NY football Giants.

Haha yeah no worries. My dad actually says that all the time, because apparently when I was a kid I said my dream was to be the first female president...he says first female GM is close enough (pretty sure he just wants free season tickets).

giantsandyanks1
01-18-2012, 10:41 PM
girl,boy it doesn't matter your a giant fan so just show up Tuesday so we can fill out all the required forms

JJC7301
01-18-2012, 11:10 PM

Haha yeah no worries. My dad actually says that all the time, because apparently when I was a kid I said my dream was to be the first female president...he says first female GM is close enough (pretty sure he just wants free season tickets).

Ha! Good dad!

nygfan7387
01-18-2012, 11:34 PM
Sometimes things take precedent before the football season..But sacrifice can also be for the better. You know I missed half of the Giants games this year...I don't want to get too much into it, but lets just say I participated and played a major part in local story that made global news...Unfortunately I missed quite a few games this year, but I don't regret doing so because I did something in my life that mattered more than watching a football game. I made a difference. But none the less, just because you sacrifice a few Sundays does not make you a bad fan, compared to some people have nothing to their lives and rest their laurels on what someone else does in a series of meaningless football games (as far as the grand scheme of things go) You are young, you can make a difference and go out and do positive things, and if it has to come at the expense of watching your favorite football team for a few weeks, trust me, in the end it will be worth it.

PS there have been three seasons since I have been New York Giants fan (going back to 1994 when I was 7) when I willingly missed a football game. 2000, 2007, and 2011...Let's hope the run continues

GiantWarfare
01-18-2012, 11:56 PM

Relieved to hear it was rescheduled instead of you not actually going...

That would've been quite unwise to say the least...lol

But I understand your passion...thats great to hear!!!

Anyways, here's to a Giants win Sunday and to you being the first female Giants GM as previously stated

Rock on sister!