PDA

View Full Version : IS Eli a top 20 QB in the NFL?

Hooligans
09-24-2011, 05:53 PM
Answer: NO! Now we all know why the players didn't put Eli in the top 100 players of 2010.....he doesn't deserve to be in the top 100....he stinks, and his passes are constantly off target and seem to usually find a member of the other team anymore. Time for the Giants to prepare for a new QB, with a first round pick in the 2012 draft, since they should be a top 10 pick after this lost season.

lawl
09-24-2011, 05:55 PM
If this isn't an obvious trolling, then I don't know what is.

britishblue2
09-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Answer: NO! Now we all know why the players didn't put Eli in the top 100 players of 2010.....he doesn't deserve to be in the top 100....he stinks, and his passes are constantly off target and seem to usually find a member of the other team anymore. Time for the Giants to prepare for a new QB, with a first round pick in the 2012 draft, since they should be a top 10 pick after this lost season. Wow what a positive post.

Go support the Eagles

GiantWarfare
09-24-2011, 05:56 PM
@ OP: Umm...ok?

GameTime
09-24-2011, 05:57 PM
Answer: NO! Now we all know why the players didn't put Eli in the top 100 players of 2010.....he doesn't deserve to be in the top 100....he stinks, and his passes are constantly off target and seem to usually find a member of the other team anymore. Time for the Giants to prepare for a new QB, with a first round pick in the 2012 draft, since they should be a top 10 pick after this lost season.</P>

you are the funniest ****ing ******* I have ever seen on these boards.....</P>

you make me laugh..........</P>

gmen0820
09-24-2011, 06:03 PM
+1

TheEnigma
09-24-2011, 06:09 PM
I don't know about being THAT bad but if he continues to play at the level he is, he certainly won't be in the top 10 and might not even crack the top 15.

The following QB's are in progress of passing him - Stafford, Bradford, Ryan, Flacco, Freeman, and even Fitzpatrick. There's a slight chance Sanchez could too but I doubt it.

tt24
09-24-2011, 06:24 PM
rex grossman, is that you??

BurnerNYG
09-24-2011, 06:25 PM
I don't know about being THAT bad but if he continues to play at the level he is, he certainly won't be in the top 10 and might not even crack the top 15.

The following QB's are in progress of passing him - Stafford, Bradford, Ryan, Flacco, Freeman, and even Fitzpatrick. There's a slight chance Sanchez could too but I doubt it.You forgot about Newton and Dalton the rookies. Lol...

BurnerNYG
09-24-2011, 06:32 PM
I'm j/k but taking shots at Eli is so much fun. :-D

Roosevelt
09-24-2011, 06:33 PM
Answer: NO! Now we all know why the players didn't put Eli in the top 100 players of 2010.....he doesn't deserve to be in the top 100....he stinks, and his passes are constantly off target and seem to usually find a member of the other team anymore. Time for the Giants to prepare for a new QB, with a first round pick in the 2012 draft, since they should be a top 10 pick after this lost season.

Your moniker fits you.

TheEnigma
09-24-2011, 06:35 PM

The following QB's are in progress of passing him - Stafford, Bradford, Ryan, Flacco, Freeman, and even Fitzpatrick. There's a slight chance Sanchez could too but I doubt it.You forgot about Newton and Dalton the rookies. Lol... Gotta wait till we see how Newton plays against defenses when they finally figure him out. I could see him eclipsing Eli by 2013 though if Eli continues to play how he has.

Marvelousmik
09-24-2011, 06:37 PM
You know. the sad thing about this thread is.. Everything the OP stated about eli is a fact..

I was about to blast him and say "TROLL", but then i read it over and said to myself. Eh.. He didnt say anything inaccurate. Only time will tell though.

BurnerNYG
09-24-2011, 06:41 PM

The following QB's are in progress of passing him - Stafford, Bradford, Ryan, Flacco, Freeman, and even Fitzpatrick. There's a slight chance Sanchez could too but I doubt it.You forgot about Newton and Dalton the rookies. Lol... Gotta wait till we see how Newton plays against defenses when they finally figure him out. I could see him eclipsing Eli by 2013 though if Eli continues to play how he has.I think Newton is the real deal and what's gonna make him more dangerous when teams starts adjusting to his game is his scrambling abilities. His pocket awareness as a rookie is off the charts.

I watched both games and the kid actually sits in the pocket and goes through his reads and progressions like a seasoned vet. Once he gets past his red zone woes... WATCH OUT!

bengalee28
09-24-2011, 06:42 PM
Get off the board. You didn't make any kind of an argument to support your point. Just a bunch of nonsense. Get off the board.

BurnerNYG
09-24-2011, 06:43 PM
You know. the sad thing about this thread is..************** Everything the OP stated about eli is a fact..

I was about to blast him and say "TROLL", but then i read it over and said to myself. Eh.. He didnt say anything inaccurate. Only time will tell though.
It's a damn shame when Giant fans start agreeing with trolls, right? Smh...

Chaosist
09-24-2011, 06:44 PM
</P>

And the sad thing is the mods just don't give a **** anymore and let this trash continue.</P>

GMAN2
09-24-2011, 06:46 PM
You know. the sad thing about this thread is..************** Everything the OP stated about eli is a fact..

What I find to be sad is we have a good QB, good enough to win more games than lose - including a SB, and people just rip him up and down because he isn't an all time QB. Given the QBs we have had since I have been watching (70s) I'm just fine with Eli. Lots of bad decisions last year, no question. But he did throw 30TDs and over 4000 yards with a lot of injuries on his side of the ball.

TheEnigma
09-24-2011, 06:48 PM

The following QB's are in progress of passing him - Stafford, Bradford, Ryan, Flacco, Freeman, and even Fitzpatrick. There's a slight chance Sanchez could too but I doubt it.You forgot about Newton and Dalton the rookies. Lol... Gotta wait till we see how Newton plays against defenses when they finally figure him out. I could see him eclipsing Eli by 2013 though if Eli continues to play how he has.I think Newton is the real deal and what's gonna make him more dangerous when teams starts adjusting to his game is his scrambling abilities. His pocket awareness as a rookie is off the charts.

I watched both games and the kid actually sits in the pocket and goes through his reads and progressions like a seasoned vet. Once he gets past his red zone woes... WATCH OUT!The kid could either turn out to be VY 2.0 or could be the next Vick but with about 50lbs more weight. I'm just glad he's not in our division! The issue I have and always will with Eli is that he's a #1 pick. If he was an undrafted QB like Romo, I'd be perfectly happy with Eli right now.

Drusyc
09-24-2011, 06:48 PM
You know. the sad thing about this thread is.. Everything the OP stated about eli is a fact..

"Everything"? He gave you one sentence.

his passes are constantly off target and seem to usually find a member of the other team anymore.

Yes, he is a top 20 QB. 13 in QBR

byron
09-24-2011, 06:50 PM
</P>

And the sad thing is the mods just don't give a **** anymore and let this trash continue.</P>

most of the mods are trolls</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

I just kidding</P>

BurnerNYG
09-24-2011, 06:53 PM

I watched both games and the kid actually sits in the pocket and goes through his reads and progressions like a seasoned vet. Once he gets past his red zone woes... WATCH OUT!The kid could either turn out to be VY 2.0 or could be the next Vick but with about 50lbs more weight. I'm just glad he's not in our division! The issue I have and always will with Eli is that he's a #1 pick. If he was an undrafted QB like Romo, I'd be perfectly happy with Eli right now.I'm thinking more like Warren Moon. As far as Eli, I agree... I thought when we won that Superbowl, he turned the corner. Granted he threw for a lot of yds in the last 2 seasons but most of those yds were catch up yds, dump offs to the backs and Manningham running for 92 yd TD's.

Hooligans
09-24-2011, 07:07 PM

The following QB's are in progress of passing him - Stafford, Bradford, Ryan, Flacco, Freeman, and even Fitzpatrick. There's a slight chance Sanchez could too but I doubt it.

Sanchez already has passed him, as have Cam Newton, Kevin Kolb, Colt McCoy, Andy Dalton and Kyle Orton. At this point, Eli is another Danny Kanell.

Hooligans
09-24-2011, 07:07 PM

Sanchez already has passed him, as have Cam Newton, Kevin Kolb, Colt McCoy, Andy Dalton and Kyle Orton. At this point, Eli is another Danny Kanell.

Marvelousmik
09-24-2011, 07:18 PM

It's a damn shame when Giant fans start agreeing with trolls, right? Smh...

smh

YATittle1962
09-24-2011, 07:24 PM

^ spoken with the true intelligence of an eagles fan

britishblue2
09-24-2011, 07:30 PM

^ spoken with the true intelligence of an eagles fan indeed.

Eagles fans are that stupid they couldnt start a pissup in a brewery.

VegasGmen
09-24-2011, 07:58 PM

Are you Giggles' little brother? We seem to get a few every year.

Die-Hard
09-24-2011, 08:02 PM
</p>

And the sad thing is the mods just don't give a **** anymore and let this trash continue.</p>

Opinions that don't jibe with yours are trash, and the people who post them are trolls

Do I have that correct? Thats what it sounds like to me. Grow up, guys. Not everyone is in love with Eli Manning, including me. Frankly, I'm ready for them to draft his replacement, because I think we've seen all we're going to see from him in terms of good play and improvement. Does that make me a troll?

This board is for ALL opinions, not just the ones you agree with. If you can't handle that, find another board to post on.

TheEnigma
09-24-2011, 08:09 PM
</p>

And the sad thing is the mods just don't give a **** anymore and let this trash continue.</p>

Opinions that don't jibe with yours are trash, and the people who post them are trolls

Do I have that correct? Thats what it sounds like to me. Grow up, guys. Not everyone is in love with Eli Manning, including me. Frankly, I'm ready for them to draft his replacement, because I think we've seen all we're going to see from him in terms of good play and improvement. Does that make me a troll?

This board is for ALL opinions, not just the ones you agree with. If you can't handle that, find another board to post on.
I think this whole Eli deal is a major issue on these boards. I've never seen fans rush to defend another player as much in my entire life. You'd swear this board was more Ole Miss fans than New York Giant ones.

Ultimately, I'd love for Eli to play at that 2008-2009 level he was at and I'd be content. We don't have that anymore though and now he's a younger version of Kitna pretty much.

What we need to do is draft another QB next year in the 2nd to 4th round range who won't expect the job to just be handed to him and will fight Eli for it. We need someone to push Eli because right now, he's really the only one on this team guaranteed a job.

I hope that Eli proves me wrong this Sunday and for the rest of the year but until he plays better, I'm going to keep saying he's not as great as the rest of this fanbase thinks he is.

Chaosist
09-24-2011, 08:11 PM
</P>

</P>

No, and not unsurprisingly, you don't have that correct. It's just that the mods used to keep the countless anti-Eli threads to a minimum and kept the thread highjacking down, which is something that has seemingly been abandoned. The mental patients have seemingly began to run the asylum.</P>

Also, there is a diffference between having an actual discussion about Eli and 90% of the crap that's been posted here the past couple of months. Honestly, it's the reason I haven't been around too much lately. It's 15 threads on the front page about the same tired topics by the same tired posters saying the same tired things.</P>

Oneused to be able to come here an actually talk football with reasonably intelligent people. Now it seems there are more trolls than honest posters.</P>

lawl
09-24-2011, 08:13 PM
</p>

I'm one of the most known "Eli haters" on this forum.

Hate to break your heart, but Hooligans is not a Giants fan and it's not hard to figure out. At all.

This board is not for "ALL" opinions as you surely know this a privately owned forum and freedom of speech is nonexistent here.

A troll agrees with you, congratulations, still doesn't mean he isn't a troll.

Chaosist
09-24-2011, 08:18 PM
</P>

Hate to break your heart, but Hooligans is not a Giants fan and it's not hard to figure out. At all.

This board is not for "ALL" opinions as you surely know this a privately owned forum and freedom of speech is nonexistent here.

</P>

I was actually going to edit my post above with something to the effect of, "If lawl is calling somone out for being an Eli troll, then you know it really is a troll." </P>

lol</P>

SweetZombieJesus
09-24-2011, 08:20 PM
You are not a top 20 troll

Hooligans
09-24-2011, 08:24 PM
</P>

</P>

I was actually going to edit my post above with something to the effect of, "If lawl is calling somone out for being an Eli troll, then you know it really is a troll." </P>

lol</P>

No, you are wrong and I am a longtime, diehard Giant fan and that is why I want Eli gone, because as long as he stays the Giants will NEVER be in the running for a Super Bowl again. In 2007, Eli did his best "Brad Johnson" and managed a strong defensive and rushing team very, very well.....but he is a below average passer, and has now turned into the biggest turnover machine in the NFL. Eli had his moment and we should thank him........and send him on his way.

VegasGmen
09-24-2011, 08:33 PM
</p>

Good post lawl...right on! To me a troll is someone (generally from another teams fanbase) who posts outrageous statements for the sole purpose of creating a controversy. This is Holligans aka Giggles.

mcillo
09-24-2011, 08:36 PM
Die-hard`s thread hit the " nail on the head ". Have you ever seen a discussion progress when somebody speaks ill of Eli`s performance ? The Eli trolls come out in droves to bash and banish anyone who takes a stand vs. Eli. When Harooni came back after a long vacation, a number of people were telling him to GTFO - repeatedly. Why , because of his take on EM. So, it cuts both ways.

byron
09-24-2011, 08:47 PM
</P>

</P>

No, and not unsurprisingly, you don't have that correct. It's just that the mods used to keep the countless anti-Eli threads to a minimum and kept the thread highjacking down, which is something that has seemingly been abandoned. The mental patients have seemingly began to run the asylum.</P>

Also, there is a diffference between having an actual discussion about Eli and 90% of the crap that's been posted here the past couple of months. Honestly, it's the reason I haven't been around too much lately. It's 15 threads on the front page about the same tired topics by the same tired posters saying the same tired things.</P>

Oneused to be able to come here an actually talk football with reasonably intelligent people. Now it seems there are more trolls than honest posters.</P>

I agree with everything you say here Chaosist...It seems thatthese Eli trolls like beating a dead horsewhich is alarmingreally and obsessive it seems to me ...misery loves company as they say andperhaps isskewingtheir judgement....I'm beyond the bull**** let them whine it funny at this point to me ...Hang in there man would hate to see you leave the board..I knew you hadn't been around much just ignore them or make fun of them... and they hate being called trolls....they claim they are DH G-fans who just like to piss and moan...probably true...lol</P>

I'll probably get banned but the modsused to take care of these boards a littlebetter....That being said I have no problem with the mods in fact I'm friendly with many of them...</P>

AllTuckedUp
09-24-2011, 09:37 PM
OP thinks McCoy>Eli. Stop right there.

BurnerNYG
09-24-2011, 09:39 PM
</P>

</P>

One*used to be able to come here an actually talk football with reasonably intelligent people. Now it seems there are more trolls than honest posters.</P>

I agree with everything you say here Chaosist...It seems that*these Eli trolls like beating a dead horse*which is alarming*really and obsessive it seems to me ...misery loves company as they say and*perhaps is*skewing*their judgement*....I'm beyond the bull**** let them whine it funny at this point to me ...Hang in there man would hate to see you leave the board..I knew you hadn't been around much just ignore them or make fun of them... and they hate being called trolls....they claim they are DH G-fans who just like to piss and moan...probably true...lol</P>

I'll probably get banned but the mods*used to take care of these boards a little*better....That being said I have no problem with the mods in fact I'm friendly with many of them...</P>I'm not arguing with you but quite frankly, I think some of the mods are growing tired of Eli's inconsistencies themselves. Just my humble opinion.

Chaosist
09-24-2011, 09:43 PM
</P>

</P>

I agree with everything you say here Chaosist...It seems thatthese Eli trolls like beating a dead horsewhich is alarmingreally and obsessive it seems to me ...misery loves company as they say andperhaps isskewingtheir judgement....I'm beyond the bull**** let them whine it funny at this point to me ...Hang in there man would hate to see you leave the board..I knew you hadn't been around much just ignore them or make fun of them... and they hate being called trolls....they claim they are DH G-fans who just like to piss and moan...probably true...lol</P>

I'll probably get banned but the modsused to take care of these boards a littlebetter....That being said I have no problem with the mods in fact I'm friendly with many of them...</P>

I'm not arguing with you but quite frankly, I think some of the mods are growing tired of Eli's inconsistencies themselves. Just my humble opinion.</P>

And their personal opinions of Eli should have nothing to do with what is considered trolling, thread hi-jacking, and repeatedly posting multiple threads on the same topic.</P>

gumby742
09-24-2011, 10:14 PM
</p>

Good post lawl...right on! To me a troll is someone (generally from another teams fanbase) who posts outrageous statements for the sole purpose of creating a controversy. This is Holligans aka Giggles.

Giggles was brilliant. Hooligans isn't Giggles.

byron
09-24-2011, 10:18 PM
</P>

</P>

I'll probably get banned but the modsused to take care of these boards a littlebetter....That being said I have no problem with the mods in fact I'm friendly with many of them...</P>I'm not arguing with you but quite frankly, I think some of the mods are growing tired of Eli's inconsistencies themselves. Just my humble opinion.Yeah well that was kinda my point it my be skewing their judgement a bit and they really should try and be neutral as it pertains to what gets posted whats trolling, hijacking, etc....Chaosist's above post explains that better than I ....it all good man....

gumby742
09-24-2011, 10:23 PM
</P>

</P>

One*used to be able to come here an actually talk football with reasonably intelligent people. Now it seems there are more trolls than honest posters.</P>

You forget how many Eli threads were flying around pre post season 2007. This board being littered with Eli posts is nothing new.

byron
09-24-2011, 10:24 PM
</P>

Good post lawl...right on! To me a troll is someone (generally from another teams fanbase) who posts outrageous statements for the sole purpose of creating a controversy. This is Holligans aka Giggles. Giggles was brilliant. Hooligans isn't Giggles. I didn't mind Giggles at all his plan of attack certainly was brilliant...that disrespect toward the mods is what got him in the end...oh well...How about bb62!?!...I missthat guy...oh well.. the mods deserve or respect they work hard and for free...I have not problems with any of them...

byron
09-24-2011, 10:26 PM
</P>

</P>

Oneused to be able to come here an actually talk football with reasonably intelligent people. Now it seems there are more trolls than honest posters.</P> You forget how many Eli threads were flying around pre post season 2007. This board being littered with Eli posts is nothing new. At some point back thenthey got it under controlor at least tryed....bans for highjacking and such...just saying

Chaosist
09-24-2011, 10:37 PM
</P>

</P>

You forget how many Eli threads were flying around pre post season 2007. This board being littered with Eli posts is nothing new.</P>

Yes, and if memory serves me right, back then the mods said enough is enough; stop hi-jacking threads, stop trolling, and if you are going to bash Eli do it in one of theongoing threads as opposed to starting a new one. I also believe that they singled out izbo1, Manningbowl, and Giggles (I think).</P>

That is what is not happening now. Instead they allow the proliferation of very obvious trolling threads, such as this one (come on, even lawl called it out as a troll), and make no attempt to keep the number of threads to a bearable level (one that doesn't almost completely take over the front page).</P>

Gmen32
09-24-2011, 11:42 PM
Eli Manning is the greatest QB that ever lived. If you disagree than you're a complete idiot.

Eli is a better QB than Tom Brady, Drew Breese, Payton Manning, Rothlisberger, Aaron Rodgers, Joe Montana, Phil Simms and Johnny Unitas combined!

Hey why not? Ridiculous threads about Eli seem to be all these boards are about these days.

Roosevelt
09-24-2011, 11:43 PM
</p>

</p>

No, and not unsurprisingly, you don't have that correct. It's just that the mods used to keep the countless anti-Eli threads to a minimum and kept the thread highjacking down, which is something that has seemingly been abandoned. The mental patients have seemingly began to run the asylum.</p>

Also, there is a diffference between having an actual discussion about Eli and 90% of the crap that's been posted here the past couple of months. Honestly, it's the reason I haven't been around too much lately. It's 15 threads on the front page about the same tired topics by the same tired posters saying the same tired things.</p>

Oneused to be able to come here an actually talk football with reasonably intelligent people. Now it seems there are more trolls than honest posters.</p>

You forget how many Eli threads were flying around pre post season 2007. This board being littered with Eli posts is nothing new.</p>

Yes, and if memory serves me right, back then the mods said enough is enough; stop hi-jacking threads, stop trolling, and if you are going to bash Eli do it in one of theongoing threads as opposed to starting a new one. I also believe that they singled out izbo1, Manningbowl, and Giggles (I think).</p>

That is what is not happening now. Instead they allow the proliferation of very obvious trolling threads, such as this one (come on, even lawl called it out as a troll), and make no attempt to keep the number of threads to a bearable level (one that doesn't almost completely take over the front page).</p>

Dude, you need to chill. Why not debate your position instead of whining about it?

Die-Hard
09-25-2011, 12:13 AM
</p>

</p>

No, and not unsurprisingly, you don't have that correct. It's just that the mods used to keep the countless anti-Eli threads to a minimum and kept the thread highjacking down, which is something that has seemingly been abandoned. The mental patients have seemingly began to run the asylum.</p>

Also, there is a diffference between having an actual discussion about Eli and 90% of the crap that's been posted here the past couple of months. Honestly, it's the reason I haven't been around too much lately. It's 15 threads on the front page about the same tired topics by the same tired posters saying the same tired things.</p>

Oneused to be able to come here an actually talk football with reasonably intelligent people. Now it seems there are more trolls than honest posters.</p>

You forget how many Eli threads were flying around pre post season 2007. This board being littered with Eli posts is nothing new.</p>

Yes, and if memory serves me right, back then the mods said enough is enough; stop hi-jacking threads, stop trolling, and if you are going to bash Eli do it in one of theongoing threads as opposed to starting a new one. I also believe that they singled out izbo1, Manningbowl, and Giggles (I think).</p>

That is what is not happening now. Instead they allow the proliferation of very obvious trolling threads, such as this one (come on, even lawl called it out as a troll), and make no attempt to keep the number of threads to a bearable level (one that doesn't almost completely take over the front page).</p>

Ok, so you want us to really clamp down on everything. You want this board to have some kind of prison mentality, rather than just letting people create discussions and speak their opinions openly? Am I reading that correctly, or am I, "not unsurprisingly", wrong again?

Instead of just ignoring those threads that you don't have any interest in, you'd rather complain about them, and call out the people who are trying their best to keep some semblence of order around here.

It's somewhat ironic that you've been suspended multiple times for getting out of line, and you're complaining about other people NOT getting removed for NOT getting out of line, but simply having differing opinions than yours. Ok, fine. You want it ugly? Thats what you'll get.

You're gone. A victim of an arbitrary lifetime ban. Now you won't have to deal with the threads you were incapable of ignoring on your own.

Best of luck!