PDA

View Full Version : Gmen by 21+

swordfish
01-17-2012, 09:20 PM
Not even worried about this game, trust me this game will be over by halftime, we gifted them the last time we played them, two big defensive breakdowns gifted them 2 TDs, after Boley went out with injury, and their offense is a dink and dunk affair, without their run game "which we will control" and us playing sound mistake free ball, its going to be over quick. I also told my friends days before the GB game that we would lay the wood on them and just beat the crap out of them, our GMen are in nasty mode, offense and defense, SF should not be expecting any gifts this time around. NO also lost due to gifts, and their defense was as horrid as GB's, the first VD TD was a complete miss by the free safety, for anyone that is worried, just watch the NO game.

TheCatchIII
01-17-2012, 09:26 PM
Damn it! Guess there is no reason to even watch anymore [:(]

ebick
01-17-2012, 09:30 PM
Well, I hope the Giants take it extremely seriously or they will lose. But I do hope it's over early with the Giants winning big.......not sure how much my heart can take.....</P>

swordfish
01-17-2012, 09:39 PM
Relax, there is going to be some serious wood being laid Sunday, and it will be the GMen doing the lumber work, their spirit will be broken early and often, not even concerned, like I said, we gave them 2 gift TDs the first game, same way GB beat us the first game, this team does not make the same mistakes twice vs the same opponent, those will be cleaned up, and with the way our defense is playing, I just can not see Smith beating us, if Rogers the video game QB with all those records and explosive offense got it handed to him, what makes everyone think that SF will have any chance, the dink and dunk game end Sunday, and no free passes for VD. Not even worried.

Scarfacee71
01-17-2012, 09:57 PM
The most epic homer in me cant even agree with that. Their defense is too good and the field/weather is gonna suck.

JJC7301
01-17-2012, 10:00 PM
It's gonna be tough -- they had a very good regular season and have been consistent the entire year. They have been solid from week one through the NO game. I just believe in our team.

swordfish
01-17-2012, 10:05 PM
The most epic homer in me cant even agree with that. Their defense is too good and the field/weather is gonna suck.I am far from a homer, love my GMen yes, but the tape does not lie, eliminate the turovers, stop their running game, and with our front 4, its going to be a long day for Smith and the Niners, time to give some respect to our defense, which has been playing lights out, hell, even Prince was fantastic last week. Like Rolle said, we are not going to be denied, there is no fear in this team, our offense practices every day against our def.se, I say that is some good practice, people SF will be exposed Sunday, book it.

Zaggs
01-17-2012, 10:10 PM
Depends on the weather. If its good the Giants should put up at least 27 points since thats what they should have scored last time (MARIO!!!!!). But I still see the Giants winning so long as it doesn't come down to the refs.

wyogiant77
01-17-2012, 10:11 PM
Anyone else concerned with Blackmon receiving punts back there with the way their special teams attack the ball? I am kind of leery of him anyway alot of the time.

Gman86
01-17-2012, 10:13 PM
Anyone else concerned with Blackmon receiving punts back there with the way their special teams attack the ball? I am kind of leery of him anyway alot of the time.

Safe to say we all are nervous anytime we line up to catch a punt. Hixon was probably only recent guy that didnt make me nervous.

GameTime
01-17-2012, 10:13 PM
Not even worried about this game, trust me this game will be over by halftime, we gifted them the last time we played them, two big defensive breakdowns gifted them 2 TDs, after Boley went out with injury, and their offense is a dink and dunk affair, without their run game "which we will control" and us playing sound mistake free ball, its going to be over quick. I also told my friends days before the GB game that we would lay the wood on them and just beat the crap out of them, our GMen are in nasty mode, offense and defense, SF should not be expecting any gifts this time around. NO also lost due to gifts, and their defense was as horrid as GB's, the first VD TD was a complete miss by the free safety, for anyone that is worried, just watch the NO game.</P>

like your enthusiasm but no way they win by 21.....</P>

This is going to be a close hard faught game played tight to the vest with the occasional big play being successful. </P>

GameTime
01-17-2012, 10:16 PM
The most epic homer in me cant even agree with that. Their defense is too good and the field/weather is gonna suck.I am far from a homer, love my GMen yes, but the tape does not lie, eliminate the turovers, stop their running game, and with our front 4, its going to be a long day for Smith and the Niners, time to give some respect to our defense, which has been playing lights out, hell, even Prince was fantastic last week. Like Rolle said, we are not going to be denied, there is no fear in this team, our offense practices every day against our def.se, I say that is some good practice, people SF will be exposed Sunday, book it.</P>

what about the Niners defesne do think is going to be so easily beatable??</P>

They are starting 5 guys in the pro bowl from their defense alone. Not saying the Giants cant win but not as easy as you make it seem.</P>

whakka
01-17-2012, 10:24 PM
imo, the niners looked like they were peaking emotionally against the aints. i think they are satisfied with getting to the nfcc in their hearts. the giants want superbowl hardware, and the niners are one of the 2 teams left in the way.

swordfish
01-17-2012, 10:27 PM
Everyone is giving SF 2 much respect, we can move the ball on anyone, we already did it to to them, its not like they shut us down, to the contrary, we shot oyrselfs in the foot, we gave them 2 gift TDs people, that will not happen again, and Bradshaw did not play last game, and Bolley missed the second half, reason for defensive breakdowns and gift TDs, this Giants team fears no one, they just we to GB and layed the wood to a 15-1 team on their legendary home field, what makes everyone think Smith will do any better than Rogers come Sunday, that dink and dink crap is ending Sunday.

miked1958
01-17-2012, 10:29 PM
I agree with him. Check out the Sig for the score

GiantSinceBirth78
01-17-2012, 10:30 PM
Well, I hope the Giants take it extremely seriously or they will lose.* But I do hope it's over early with the Giants winning big.......not sure how much my heart can take.....</P>second that

Giantsin04
01-17-2012, 10:35 PM
I'm All In on this thread. Our defense, right now, is every bit as good as theirs. And that's their strength.

bearbryant
01-17-2012, 10:59 PM
The most epic homer in me cant even agree with that. Their defense is too good and the field/weather is gonna suck.I am far from a homer, love my GMen yes, but the tape does not lie, eliminate the turovers, stop their running game, and with our front 4, its going to be a long day for Smith and the Niners, time to give some respect to our defense, which has been playing lights out, hell, even Prince was fantastic last week. Like Rolle said, we are not going to be denied, there is no fear in this team, our offense practices every day against our def.se, I say that is some good practice, people SF will be exposed Sunday, book it.</P>

what about the Niners defesne do think is going to be so easily beatable??</P>

They are starting 5 guys in the pro bowl from their defense alone. Not saying the Giants cant win but not as easy as you make it seem.</P>

</P>

I'll give you this. The 9ers went farther than most thought they would. I attribute that mainly to the coaching staff and a couple of guys they picked up. As good as some of the individual players are on the 9ers the one thing they are missing is team and thats what will beat them... a much better team! The New York Football Giants are going after what they came to play for... A CHAMPIONSHIP!!! Go Giants!!!</P>

Joe_morris
01-18-2012, 02:25 AM
Pretty much how I see it...

Diamondring
01-18-2012, 02:30 AM
Damn it!* Guess there is no reason to even watch anymore [:(]
Yes it is. To see how the Giants will do it and see if they can do it.

AldonSmith
01-18-2012, 02:37 AM
Niners lost 3 games this year with a combined total of 15 points. Yet, somehow, we're gonna lose to the Giants by 21+

okaaaay

Fastphilly
01-18-2012, 02:58 AM
Niners lost 3 games this year with a combined total of 15 points. Yet, somehow, we're gonna lose to the Giants by 21+

okaaaay

Great post!!

There is no way the Giants win by 21 if they win at all...Your not facing some shoddy GB defence or Matty Ice that melts every year in the post season..This defence has ended other teams winning streaks all year including yours back when you were 6-2 and fresh off a Patriot win the week before..How did that turn out? Oh, and just to let you know Gore was out of the game last time so you'll meet him on Sunday......I find it funny how you say your team is hot when in week 15 you got trounced by the pathetic Redskins in a game YOU HAD TO HAVE...

Harooni
01-18-2012, 03:21 AM
wow . pretty ****y bunch. i think we are forgetting that we are going from the worst Defense in the nfl to the best.

of course i hope it is an easy win, but i won't count on it or expect it.

BklynBlue
01-18-2012, 07:21 AM
Not even worried about this game, trust me this game will be over by halftime, we gifted them the last time we played them, two big defensive breakdowns gifted them 2 TDs, after Boley went out with injury, and their offense is a dink and dunk affair, without their run game "which we will control" and us playing sound mistake free ball, its going to be over quick. I also told my friends days before the GB game that we would lay the wood on them and just beat the crap out of them, our GMen are in nasty mode, offense and defense, SF should not be expecting any gifts this time around. NO also lost due to gifts, and their defense was as horrid as GB's, the first VD TD was a complete miss by the free safety, for anyone that is worried, just watch the NO game.

Cant see that with the inclimate weather being predicted. That SF def. is a lot better than some of us are giving them credit for.

shotcalla39
01-18-2012, 07:36 AM
Yea I think we blow em out too.. I thought the giants had a good chance of blowing out GB too.... We have played 4 playoff games and are on a roll.... I don't think anybody beating us now

nycsportzfan
01-18-2012, 07:55 AM
Everyone is giving SF 2 much respect, we can move the ball on anyone, we already did it to to them, its not like they shut us down, to the contrary, we shot oyrselfs in the foot, we gave them 2 gift TDs people, that will not happen again, and Bradshaw did not play last game, and Bolley missed the second half, reason for defensive breakdowns and gift TDs, this Giants team fears no one, they just we to GB and layed the wood to a 15-1 team on their legendary home field, what makes everyone think Smith will do any better than Rogers come Sunday, that dink and dink crap is ending Sunday. U usually give teams that all ready beat u respect ...lol I like your confidence but it dosen't seem to be much going on in the way of actually "thinking" about your perdiction.. The 9ers are really good and all ready beat us in there house .. There D is outstanding and there offense is better then Averege.. They could easily beat us as easily as we could beat them.. This game is truly as tough to call as it gets

nycsportzfan
01-18-2012, 07:58 AM

okaaaay

Great post!!

There is no way the Giants win by 21 if they win at all...Your not facing some shoddy GB defence or Matty Ice that melts every year in the post season..This defence has ended other teams winning streaks all year including yours back when you were 6-2 and fresh off a Patriot win the week before..How did that turn out? Oh, and just to let you know Gore was out of the game last time so you'll meet him on Sunday......I find it funny how you say your team is hot when in week 15 you got trounced by the pathetic Redskins in a game YOU HAD TO HAVE... uhh Gore wasen't out he just got shut down!(6carry 0yrd 1catch 8yrd) He was hurting at the time is what it was but regardless were pretty good against the run.. Giants are certainly gonna take this game in my opinion but i do realize the 9ers are good and i could be wrong.. I woulden't gurantee it or anything

Marvelousmik
01-18-2012, 08:22 AM

i hope our players arent as stupid as you. i cant stand to see people underestimate other teams. especially a team that just went toe to toe in a shootout with the saints and won. A team that only lost about 3 games all season. a team that beat us already. As long as our players play hard and understand this is a tough game we will have a good chance of winning.

Mercury
01-18-2012, 08:31 AM
The Giants better be ready for a hard-hitting heavy-weight match. The SF defense set the tone last week with the hit on P. Thomas. I think he not only lost the ball, but was KOed by it. Our offense better hold on to the ball tight and be ready to dish it out as hard as they are going to have to take it.

Our defense it playing great lately, and I expect them to continue to dominate.

Joe_morris
01-18-2012, 11:33 AM
First of all, the 49ers beat a team with no OSI, no Bradshaw, an injured Tuck, Mike Boley was injured before halftime, and we had no Chase Blackburn. Furthermore, this defense's communciation was horrible then, and there were lots of blown coverages. Aaron Rodgers even commented on how the Giants have closed up most of those holes since.

The Niners did not impress me one bit. They needed an onside kick recovery to grab the momentum. Alex smith was throwing jump balls and wobblers, Really?? This dude had one game winning throw and nice run and now these dudes are great? GTFOH!

Eli started shredding their D in the fourth, and basically should've had 14 points to tie the game if not for a missed holding call. Got news for you guys, Ed Hoculi's officiating crew will be MUCH better.

And if you think these guys are gonna hit JACOBS or Bradshaw like Pierre Thomas, you are CRAZY. Jacobs and Bradshaw BULLY dudes in the second level. Now whether they can get to the second level, I admit, is another story.

Look, San Fran is a good team, with a great D, and are well coached. Harbaugh concerns me because he is creative, and willing to take risks to give his team the advantage. Niners front 7 is great but they have NO answer for our recievers!

miked1958
01-18-2012, 11:36 AM
Depends on the weather. If its good the Giants should put up at least 27 points since thats what they should have scored last time (MARIO!!!!!). But I still see the Giants winning so long as it doesn't come down to the refs.
</P>

Well it seems like it always comes down to the refs with us. Last SF game right at the end Ballard was held and mugged right before Elis 4th down pass was batted down. I think it may have been on third down. If that hold is called like it should of been we would have gotten a fresh set of downs and first and goal. Eli Ties that game</P>

galaxy10
01-18-2012, 11:43 AM
</p>

Well it seems like it always comes down to the refs with us. Last SF game right at the end Ballard was held and mugged right before Elis 4th down pass was batted down. I think it may have been on third down. If that hold is called like it should of been we would have gotten a fresh set of downs and first and goal. Eli Ties that game</p>

Yes there was a clear and obvious hold on Ballard that should have been called. Yes it impacted the outcome. I hope this game does not hinge on the officiating. But I think that the game will be a lot closer, I predict the G-Men by 7. Go Giants

burier
01-18-2012, 11:46 AM
I think the Giants will control the game throughout. I think The 9ers will keep it basically close with no real shot at winning.

We're giving them too much credit because we're giving the Saints too much credit. The Saints were never a legit contender.

Also some of us have some fear about the fact that they beat us last time we played.

However our defense sucked back then

Also there was a lot of BS in that game that won't be repeated.

FIrst of all they came out throwing the football when we just KNEW they were gonna try and run on us. We never really adjusted.

Thats not gonna fly this time.

Second of all. They stole a possession with an onside kick.

That's definately not gonna fly this time.

If you really think about it the 49ers don't even have a fair shot in this game and would have faired better with the pack.

galaxy10
01-18-2012, 11:57 AM
I think the Giants will control the game throughout. I think The 9ers will keep it basically close with no real shot at winning.

We're giving them too much credit because we're giving the Saints too much credit. The Saints were never a legit contender.

Also some of us have some fear about the fact that they beat us last time we played.

FIrst of all they came out throwing the football when we just KNEW they were gonna try and run on us. We never really adjusted.

If you really think about it the 49ers don't even have a fair shot in this game and would have faired better with the pack.

I hope you are right. would love to keep my blood pressure down for a change

Fastphilly
01-18-2012, 12:21 PM

The Saints were never a legit contender? c'mon man. The Saints won 9 straight before last weekend and destroyed YOUR team. You mentioned you keyed on the run in that game with the 49ers even though their starting RB (Gore) was pulled early in the game due to injury.....HUGE coaching blunder on your part. We stole a possesion with an onside kick and you are 100% certain that you would have scored on that drive against the #1 defence....I understand this is a Giants board but lets be realistic here.

SFPainTrain
01-18-2012, 12:52 PM
the OP is clearly delusional if he thinks the Giants will blow the Niners out by halftime. cmon man! do you even watch football? there is a reason the Niners are hosting the NFCCG.

burier
01-18-2012, 01:01 PM

The Saints were never a legit contender? c'mon man. The Saints won 9 straight before last weekend and destroyed YOUR team. You mentioned you keyed on the run in that game with the 49ers even though their starting RB (Gore) was pulled early in the game due to injury.....HUGE coaching blunder on your part. We stole a possesion with an onside kick and you are 100% certain that you would have scored on that drive against the #1 defence....I understand this is a Giants board but lets be realistic here.

First of all the Saints destroyed us in THEIR place. But they failed to earn homefield advantage in the playoffs thus eliminating any shot at contending for a Superbowl.

As far as the coaching...the coaching has been suspect all season no argument there. But in two games against teams on par or better than the 49ers the Giants were able to outperform the opponent in all phases. offense defense special teams and coaching.

I'm not 100 percent certain that we would have scored on that onside kick but I'm certain that we would have posessed the ball. And if we're in possession of the ball the 9ers are not. This the 9ers would be unable to score. Pretty simple stuff. The onside kick not only took a chance to score from the Giants it also gave the 49ers an extra chance to score.

Fastphilly
01-18-2012, 01:13 PM

First of all the Saints destroyed us in THEIR place. But they failed to earn homefield advantage in the playoffs thus eliminating any shot at contending for a Superbowl.

As far as the coaching...the coaching has been suspect all season no argument there. But in two games against teams on par or better than the 49ers the Giants were able to outperform the opponent in all phases. offense defense special teams and coaching.

I'm not 100 percent certain that we would have scored on that onside kick but I'm certain that we would have posessed the ball. And if we're in possession of the ball the 9ers are not. This the 9ers would be unable to score. Pretty simple stuff. The onside kick not only took a chance to score from the Giants it also gave the 49ers an extra chance to score.

So just because the Saints lost homefield advantage they lost any hope of being in a Superbowl? Thats obsurd. OK they havn't won on the road in post season, but that alone is a stretch to say that completely eliminated their chances...There is a first time for everything, just like this whole "experience in the post-season" garbage I hear.

REDx85xGOLD
01-19-2012, 07:34 PM
Winning by 21 points? That's so funny, I hope the Giants players are as clueless as the OP of this thread to think the 49ers will lose more than 3 tds when the most they've lost all season was by 10 points to the Ravens.

Voldamort
01-19-2012, 07:36 PM
I like this Ross Tucker said the Giants would win by10-14 pts...

REDx85xGOLD
01-19-2012, 07:38 PM

And Harry Potter is real

ebick
01-19-2012, 08:08 PM

And Harry Potter is real
</P>

(Tom Brady chucking in response to Plaxico's prediction) "We only score 17?" Well.....to be fair, Plax was wrong.</P>

Just make sure you man up and show up here Sunday night, RG.</P>

EliTE
01-19-2012, 08:49 PM
if the giants play their best game on both sides of the ball and the 9ers don't, the giants could easily win by more than 21. with that said if both teams play their best it will be a close game. giants winning a blowout would not surprise me but most likely it's a competitive game but the giants close it out and win by 2 or 3 scores.

GMENAGAIN
01-19-2012, 08:55 PM
Not even worried about this game, trust me this game will be over by halftime, we gifted them the last time we played them, two big defensive breakdowns gifted them 2 TDs, after Boley went out with injury, and their offense is a dink and dunk affair, without their run game "which we will control" and us playing sound mistake free ball, its going to be over quick. I also told my friends days before the GB game that we would lay the wood on them and just beat the crap out of them, our GMen are in nasty mode, offense and defense, SF should not be expecting any gifts this time around. NO also lost due to gifts, and their defense was as horrid as GB's, the first VD TD was a complete miss by the free safety, for anyone that is worried, just watch the NO game.</P>

If you are not worried about this game then you are not very smart . . . . </P>

JayDAche
01-19-2012, 09:23 PM

okaaaay

Great post!!

There is no way the Giants win by 21 if they win at all...Your not facing some shoddy GB defence or Matty Ice that melts every year in the post season..This defence has ended other teams winning streaks all year including yours back when you were 6-2 and fresh off a Patriot win the week before..How did that turn out? Oh, and just to let you know Gore was out of the game last time so you'll meet him on Sunday......I find it funny how you say your team is hot when in week 15 you got trounced by the pathetic Redskins in a game YOU HAD TO HAVE...* uhh Gore wasen't out** he just got shut down!(6carry 0yrd 1catch 8yrd)*** He was hurting at the time is what it was** but regardless* were pretty good against the run..** Giants are certainly gonna take this game* in my opinion** but i do realize the 9ers are good and i could be wrong.. I woulden't gurantee it or anything

That's where you are wrong.
Gore touched the ball 6 times, then sat out the remainder of the game.

He wasn't even supposed to be activated for that game as he was nursing a high ankle sprain, but... it was the 6-2 Giants at the time.

So he stayed active, with Hunter taking the start in case he was needed. The ended up pulling him after 6 carries.

Hunter 6 Attempts for 40 Yards
Smith 6 Attempts for 27 yards

Compared to
Jacobs 18 Attempts for 55 yards
Ware 9 attempts for 34 yards

Hunter and Smith had more yards per carry then Jacobs and Ware.

Harooni
01-19-2012, 10:02 PM

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o285/ildageo/homer_computer.gif

Harooni
01-20-2012, 02:33 PM
the OP is clearly delusional if he thinks the Giants will blow the Niners out by halftime. cmon man! do you even watch football? there is a reason the Niners are hosting the NFCCG.

yes I apologize for my fellow fans. they get carried away. however i do think If the Giants bring the A game we can win.