PDA

View Full Version : Kiwi

lawl
01-17-2012, 09:29 PM
I feel as though he's not getting as many snaps as he should. Especially when it comes to rushing the passer. Am I wrong?</P>

Thoughts?</P>

bLuereverie
01-17-2012, 09:35 PM
There wasn't much need for him last week. He's obviously not going to find much time against a team that spreads it out and occasionally runs. He was in last week on pass rushing more than run defense. That should change completely this week.

giantsfan420
01-17-2012, 09:39 PM
whats this? lawl actually STARTING a thread?!

well i cant miss the opportunity to chime in. I agree with u. i kept on waiting for the nascar package and tolly kept on getting the snaps over kiwi and it was obvious passing downs. maybe kiwi played coverage and i just missed his number.

there were only a few times i noticed him on the dl rushing the passer.

lawl
01-17-2012, 09:41 PM
There wasn't much need for him last week. He's obviously not going to find much time against a team that spreads it out and occasionally runs. He was in last week on pass rushing more than run defense. That should change completely this week.</P>

Yea good point, but he hardly ever gets the opportunity to put his hand in the dirt and get after the QB either. Even if its like 7-10 snaps a game thats 7-10 plays that jpp or tuck gets to rest. Hell I even recall seeing Tollefson out there rushing from the DT position. I would think that Kiwi would be more effective than tolly, no?</P>

</P>

lawl
01-17-2012, 09:42 PM
whats this? lawl actually STARTING a thread?! well i cant miss the opportunity to chime in. I agree with u. i kept on waiting for the nascar package and tolly kept on getting the snaps over kiwi and it was obvious passing downs. maybe kiwi played coverage and i just missed his number. there were only a few times i noticed him on the dl rushing the passer.</P>

It definitely is a rarity</P>

bLuereverie
01-17-2012, 09:48 PM
There wasn't much need for him last week. He's obviously not going to find much time against a team that spreads it out and occasionally runs. He was in last week on pass rushing more than run defense. That should change completely this week.</P>

Yea good point, but he hardly ever gets the opportunity to put his hand in the dirt and get after the QB either. Even if its like 7-10 snaps a game thats 7-10 plays that jpp or tuck gets to rest. Hell I even recall seeing Tollefson out there rushing from the DT position. I would think that Kiwi would be more effective than tolly, no?</P>

*</P>

Ahh the embarrassment of riches. All those DEs are hungry.

slipknottin
01-17-2012, 10:19 PM
he just hasent been as good a pass rusher this season as he was in years previous.

On the other hand, hes become a really good strong side linebacker.

JJC7301
01-17-2012, 10:25 PM
he just hasent been as good a pass rusher this season as he was in years previous.

On the other hand, hes become a really good strong side linebacker.
+1. Yeah he has. I was all for putting back at DE earlier this season with the Osi and Tuck injuries, but he's shown a lot more this season. I always felt bad for him because with all the injuries and moving back and forth to DE, it felt like he could never really find his stride. Looks like he, and the entire LB corp have.

THE_New_York_Giants
01-17-2012, 10:27 PM
He'll be out a lot on Sunday

lawl
01-17-2012, 10:30 PM
he just hasent been as good a pass rusher this season as he was in years previous. On the other hand, hes become a really good strong side linebacker. +1. Yeah he has. I was all for putting back at DE earlier this season with the Osi and Tuck injuries, but he's shown a lot more this season. I always felt bad for him because with all the injuries and moving back and forth to DE, it felt like he could never really find his stride. Looks like he, and the entire LB corp have.</P>

Yea, I always kind of felt bad for him too because he still hasn't had the opportunity to cash in on a big contract. Now that he's playing linebacker his pay day will still be rather low given his pass rushing from previous years. Kiwi was one of those guys that you wanted to see get paid. Akin to a Boss or a Cruz and Nicks. Just a true professional.</P>

</P>

bearbryant
01-17-2012, 10:36 PM
I noticed that they were not using him in any of the pkgs. I was surprised, even when they dropped 8 back. I thought he might have gotten hurt at first. He did a great job against the falcons: turner &amp; Co. So it got down to do you want Kiwi in a dime, guess not.But I was surprised to see them with tolly ininstead of kiwi.I'm sure we'll be seeing him this Sunday with Gore and Co.

elitime
01-17-2012, 10:47 PM
Kiwi played 22 of the 77 snaps agaisnt greenbay. Lot of nickel and dime packages. Tuck was holding his own and osi had a monster game. Kiwi can't cover. they were playing Grant and rolle up with KP deep. They will do the same VS the niners. it works. Rolle plays like a backer anyway. To think of it they played the same D VS the niners the first time. they play that D because with Veron running under routes they have an under and over man...almost like man to man but with a short zone. They will try to keep Veron in check. he is the X factor. We can stop Gore. And we will get to alex. The team with the bid play will win.