PDA

View Full Version : Devin Thomas Another Speed GEM on our WR corps

CRUZ12BLUE80
01-17-2012, 10:07 PM
If you rewatch the hail mary pass devin thomas runs so fast he out beats MM, Cruz and Nicks(though he made the catch) to the end zone. Blazing fast, is he still our gunner on ST's? If MM doesn't resign i think Cruz, Nicks, Devin Thomas may come cheaper and has big play. upside if targeted more by manning.

chizz
01-17-2012, 10:11 PM
yea i think if given a chance he could make plays.

JJC7301
01-17-2012, 10:15 PM
Where did Devin Thomas come from? Did we pick him up from another team?

THE_New_York_Giants
01-17-2012, 10:16 PM
He was drafted pretty high by the foreskins, destroyed us one game, got cut, played a game for Carolina, got cut, and we picked him up

bLuereverie
01-17-2012, 10:18 PM

Devin Thomas was the early second round pick from Washington. He and first round bust Michael Clayton were both picked up last year when all the receivers were hurt.

GIANTSACK
01-17-2012, 11:01 PM
If you rewatch the hail mary pass devin thomas runs so fast he out beats MM, Cruz and Nicks(though he made the catch) to the end zone. Blazing fast, is he still our gunner on ST's? If MM doesn't resign i think Cruz, Nicks, Devin Thomas may come cheaper and has big play. upside if targeted more by manning.*

I think the hail mary was intended to go to nicks while cruz paces himself at a slower speed to keep his db Back enough not to interfere with nicks jump ball. They use thomas speed to get to the Back endzone to confuse the saftey.... But yeah.. Thomas was a burner with great size coming out of college

nybeatmaker
01-17-2012, 11:07 PM
Hmmm, I think Jernnigan may be the fastest of them all........but he's also the most slippery fingers of them all lol

elitime
01-17-2012, 11:17 PM
Unless Cruz,Nicks,or Manningham dont play you will not see Thomas making big plays. He had chances, granted he didnt have a great QB to throw to him but if we cut him tomorrow I wouldnt even notice. Now watch...He'll make some huge play for us this week...HaHa...your welcome fans...HaHa!!!

JJC7301
01-17-2012, 11:25 PM
Hmmm, I think Jernnigan may be the fastest of them all........but he's also the most slippery fingers of them all lol

Hasn't JJ been much better since preseason? He's been handling a lot of the kick returns, I believe.

THE_New_York_Giants
01-17-2012, 11:29 PM

Hasn't JJ been much better since preseason? He's been handling a lot of the kick returns, I believe.
Our return game has sucked since Hixon tore his ACL last year. He came back and it was a little better, but since he got hurt, we've sucked at returning the ball, So much so that every time the ball is punted to us, I worry about the guy muffing it or fumbling it. That's where we are going to lose.

titwio
01-18-2012, 12:00 AM
If you rewatch the hail mary pass devin thomas runs so fast he out beats MM, Cruz and Nicks(though he made the catch) to the end zone. Blazing fast, is he still our gunner on ST's? If MM doesn't resign i think Cruz, Nicks, Devin Thomas may come cheaper and has big play. upside if targeted more by manning.*

Just saying but if you watch the hail mary play Hakeem and Cruz were clearly not running full speed. Cruz was the underneath guy along with Mario to catch the tipped pass and Thomas was the deep guy. It was Thomas's job to get to the back of the end zone. Only Thomas and Mario had to sprint....Mario cutting all the way across the field.

Not that Thomas isn't fast cause he is but I was just clearing that up. I actually watched the break down of that play today and they explained the job assignments.

Here's the play and you'll notice Nicks and Cruz running half speed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZnF5Iymrs8

nybeatmaker
01-18-2012, 02:03 AM
Yeah but I think he buckles under duress (example a punt return or pass up the middle) basically anytime he feels he might be hit as soon as he touches the ball. But don't get me wrong I think he'll be a pretty good receiver in the future.

calzonesays
01-18-2012, 04:08 AM
don't forget about Ramses Barden! not a speed demon obviously given his size but I think he ran a 4.5 40..could be wrong. Lotta talent at the WR position..it's a good problem to have

bLuereverie
01-18-2012, 06:34 AM
don't forget about Ramses Barden!* not a speed demon obviously given his size but I think he ran a 4.5 40..could be wrong.* Lotta talent at the WR position..it's a good problem to have

Barden's name shoulda been left at the podium. Straight line speed means nothing if you don't even have the bare minimum quickness on a route to break from a 9 year old.

Who caught the Hail Mary? Size isn't the end all in the endzone. He won't see time, especially since he's not even a viable STer. At least Sinorice caught 3 TDs.

foosball
01-18-2012, 06:46 AM
Yeah too bad he sucks.

egyptian420
01-18-2012, 06:57 AM
Yeah too bad he sucks.

He had a great season with the Redskins in 09...I think he could start on some teams if given the opportunity but there is no way he's beating out Nicks, Cruz, or MM for a top 3 spot.

bLuereverie
01-18-2012, 06:59 AM
I think I'd put Hixon after his second ACL surgery above Devin in the receiving depth chart. But man has he been invaluable on STs.

jomo
01-18-2012, 07:00 AM
Hasn't JJ been much better since preseason? He's been handling a lot of the kick returns, I believe.Yes, he has at least been on the field more which means the coaches have more confidence in him.

G-Stan
01-18-2012, 10:18 AM
but if we cut him tomorrow I wouldnt even notice.

Kruunch
01-18-2012, 10:19 AM

Problem is that he has the hands of a parapalegic.

jomo
01-18-2012, 10:21 AM
If you rewatch the hail mary pass devin thomas runs so fast he out beats MM, Cruz and Nicks(though he made the catch) to the end zone. Blazing fast, is he still our gunner on ST's? If MM doesn't resign i think Cruz, Nicks, Devin Thomas may come cheaper and has big play. upside if targeted more by manning.
Problem is that he has the hands of a parapalegic.Put your hands over your head and get low to the ground, prepare to take incoming artillary fire lol. [;)]

jomo
01-18-2012, 10:48 AM
Problem is that he has the hands of a parapalegic.Put your hands over your head and get low to the ground, prepare to take incoming artillary fire lol. [;)]Surprised the infantry has held off this long. They may be in a generous mood during the playoffs.

CRUZ12BLUE80
01-18-2012, 10:53 AM
Hixon was going to have an amazing season, till he got injured in that pass in the end zone. PR, KR he was one of reese's under radar pick ups from denver. But Thomas was making some nice receptions when given the opportunity in the preseason and has had some cruz nicks numbers at MSU. 13 catches 157 yards games. He even had a nice right sideline catch against the falcons. Given the opportunity he can shine, would like to see a deep out thrown his way

Kase-1
01-18-2012, 11:00 AM
Its true, DT is a GREAT STer but he isnt catching many passes cause he runs lazy and soft routes. Watch him run a route vs Cruz or Nicks, its totally different, id compare his route running more to Super Mario's