PDA

View Full Version : What positions do we target in the first two rounds next year?

allentown PA
09-26-2011, 09:37 PM
I keep going back and fourth with WR or DE...Idk...what do u guys think and why?

lawl
09-26-2011, 10:16 PM
DE in the first, TE in the second.</P>

</P>

This is of course without any knowledge of projected talent pool.</P>

</P>

Justification:</P>

DE- Osi in my estimation will be traded in the offseason, meaning after the 2012 season, both Tuck and Kiwi become FAs. Too much turnover at the position to not have another body.</P>

TE- I don't think anything need be said.</P>

allentown PA
09-26-2011, 11:11 PM
DE in the first, TE in the second.</P>

*</P>

This is of course without any knowledge of projected talent pool.</P>

*</P>

Justification:</P>

DE- Osi in my estimation will be traded in the offseason, meaning after the 2012 season, both Tuck and Kiwi become FAs. Too much turnover at the position to not have another body.</P>

TE- I don't think anything need be said.</P>

good point about osi and the turnover, I didnt even think of that...and DE is a position the giants value greatly......and I would love TE in the second, from everything I've heard there are no TE's worth a 1st round pick.

NYGJayPro81
09-26-2011, 11:22 PM
RT in the first round...McKenzie is on the downside of his career

TE in the second round...obvious reasons

Or vice versa

Axels15
09-26-2011, 11:25 PM
I'm sticking with CB

gfanblue
09-26-2011, 11:32 PM
QB. And tackle/guard.

gmen0820
09-26-2011, 11:34 PM
DE and CB.

We move on from T2 and have to draft another corner and sign someone. You need four good corners in my opinion.

DE for the same reasons Lawl mentioned above.

gfanblue
09-26-2011, 11:40 PM
I thought DB/CB too

allentown PA
09-26-2011, 11:45 PM
interior lineman in the second wouldn't be terrible.

Antwuan
09-26-2011, 11:52 PM
I keep going back and fourth with WR or DE...Idk...what do u guys think and why?</P>

I really don't think we need to draft a WR. I think we are pretty muchset at WR with Nicks, Manningham, Cruz. </P>

Giants needs from my view: TE, DT, CB, LB</P>

myles2424
09-27-2011, 05:38 AM
Cb/DT & LB.....
TT off of IR & a FA....Webster will be getting close to 30 & making big $$$...prince,we don't know yet, & we've seen how bad our DB depth looks (besides eagles game)...
DT, canty is overpaid,Joseph we don't know what were dealing with yet, & Austin will be off of IR & 2 years out of football....
LB, kiwi is a DE, we need a legit full-time SLB....& goff straight off IR and average at best even when healthy, Jones we don't know what we have in him either..

thegreatone
09-27-2011, 08:34 AM
1.BPA
2.BPA

cause that's what we do

nycsportzfan
09-27-2011, 08:49 AM
1.BPA
2.BPA

cause that's what we do pretty <span class="st">much but also with a hint of what we need When we got KP for instance Safety was a need as well and sa</span><span class="st">me can be said with JPP as OSI is and was injury prone and no spring chicken and tuck is not super young albeit not super old either and nothing behind the</span><span class="st">m and the Nicks draft WR was a </span><span class="st">must

I think it'll be a </span><span class="st">mix of BPA and need and i'll lean toward Oline or Secondary if u put a gun to </span><span class="st">my head and in RD 2 I'd say TE if Dwayne Allen is available and if hes not then i'd say Dline or Oline if we didn't go oline in RD 1 So basically i'd say Oline/Secondary/Dline is the area that sticks out with a outside chance of WR depending on how the rest of the yr goes Especially if so</span><span class="st">meone like Ryan Broyles or Sanu drops to us in RD 2
</span>

GMENAGAIN
09-27-2011, 08:54 AM
1.BPA 2.BPA cause that's what we do pretty <SPAN class=st>much but also with a hint of what we need When we got KP for instance Safety was a need as well and sa</SPAN><SPAN class=st>me can be said with JPP as OSI is and was injury prone and no spring chicken and tuck is not super young albeit not super old either and nothing behind the</SPAN><SPAN class=st>m and the Nicks draft WR was a </SPAN><SPAN class=st>must

I think it'll be a </SPAN><SPAN class=st>mix of BPA and need and i'll lean toward Oline or Secondary if u put a gun to </SPAN><SPAN class=st>my head and in RD 2 I'd say TE if Dwayne Allen is available and if hes not then i'd say Dline or Oline if we didn't go oline in RD 1 So basically i'd say Oline/Secondary/Dline is the area that sticks out with a outside chance of WR depending on how the rest of the yr goes Especially if so</SPAN><SPAN class=st>meone like Ryan Broyles or Sanu drops to us in RD 2
</SPAN></P>

+!</P>

The Giants definitely factor need into the equation but I don't think that they go into a draft targeting certain positions in the first two rounds. That's a good way to have a bad draft . . . . .</P>

thegreatone
09-27-2011, 10:36 AM
1.BPA
2.BPA

cause that's what we do pretty <span class="st">much but also with a hint of what we need** When we got KP for instance* Safety was a need as well and sa</span><span class="st">me can be said with JPP as OSI is and was injury prone and no spring chicken and tuck is not super young albeit not super old either and nothing behind the</span><span class="st">m and the Nicks draft* WR was a </span><span class="st">must

*I think it'll be a </span><span class="st">mix of BPA and need and i'll lean toward Oline or Secondary if u put a gun to </span><span class="st">my head and in RD 2*** I'd say TE if Dwayne Allen is available and if hes not then i'd say Dline or Oline if we didn't go oline in RD 1** So basically i'd say* Oline/Secondary/Dline is the area that sticks out with a outside chance of WR depending on how the rest of the yr goes* Especially if so</span><span class="st">meone like Ryan Broyles or Sanu drops to us in RD 2
</span>true but I highly doubt they'd pass on a Jeffery or Floyd regardless of how our wr corps does. Not saying they'll be there just saying while your right about need bein a factor I think bpa has been their main focus or else we would have taken a lbr within the last 3 years early

Raptor22
09-27-2011, 12:42 PM
1.BPA
2.BPA

cause that's what we do pretty <span class="st">much but also with a hint of what we need When we got KP for instance Safety was a need as well and sa</span><span class="st">me can be said with JPP as OSI is and was injury prone and no spring chicken and tuck is not super young albeit not super old either and nothing behind the</span><span class="st">m and the Nicks draft WR was a </span><span class="st">must

I think it'll be a </span><span class="st">mix of BPA and need and i'll lean toward Oline or Secondary if u put a gun to </span><span class="st">my head and in RD 2 I'd say TE if Dwayne Allen is available and if hes not then i'd say Dline or Oline if we didn't go oline in RD 1 So basically i'd say Oline/Secondary/Dline is the area that sticks out with a outside chance of WR depending on how the rest of the yr goes Especially if so</span><span class="st">meone like Ryan Broyles or Sanu drops to us in RD 2
</span>

I've been saying that every NFL team's number 1 need is talent. Go BPA and it will fill a need eventually.

JPP was an absolute luxury pick that they never expected to fall to 15, but you could justify it with "osi and Kiwi might both wind up leaving"... but at the time, it was a luxury.

Fast forward to right after week 3, and Osi is dinged up and may wind up missing a week or two, and Kiwi goes down for the year. Osi plays out of his mind, but DE suddenly becomes a need, and having a player like JPP at 4th on your depth chart is a good problem to have.

Who knows who will fall or why. If the Giants are picking in the 20's, They might have Travis Lewis and Burfict to pick between, and maybe have to pick between Dwayne Allen and Janoris Jenkins in the 2nd...

BPA all the way

BlueSanta
09-27-2011, 02:56 PM
1.BPA
2.BPA

</span>

I've been saying that every NFL team's number 1 need is talent. Go BPA and it will fill a need eventually.

JPP was an absolute luxury pick that they never expected to fall to 15, but you could justify it with "osi and Kiwi might both wind up leaving"... but at the time, it was a luxury.

Fast forward to right after week 3, and Osi is dinged up and may wind up missing a week or two, and Kiwi goes down for the year. Osi plays out of his mind, but DE suddenly becomes a need, and having a player like JPP at 4th on your depth chart is a good problem to have.

Who knows who will fall or why. If the Giants are picking in the 20's, They might have Travis Lewis and Burfict to pick between, and maybe have to pick between Dwayne Allen and Janoris Jenkins in the 2nd...

BPA all the way

I agree we will pick almost entirely BPA(maybe slight need factored in.)

However, that also makes boring conversation for threads.

Maybe the best way to title this topic would be "what do you think our biggest need will be going into the draft" because otherwise , your going to have 100 people respond "BPA' then brag about being right come draft day. Its not exactly prophetic, even if it is right. Its akin to saying we will have Blue and red in our uniform next year. We all know its going to happen.

Speaking of need, I still think RB is going to be a big need next year. BJ turns 30 this offseason and both he and AB have already been playing in this league and taken enough pounding to say they are on the downside. Its safe to say we are 1-2 years from needing a new starting RB and Scott, despite a couple nice preseason run vs extreme backups isnt proven yet. However, I doubt we go RB in round 1.

smashndash715
09-27-2011, 03:07 PM
im a notre dame fan and i think their is alot of players that would fit good with what we need..i dont know how many of you follow college ball..but malcom floyd would be an absolute beast reciever for us especially in the redzone...manti teo plays lb and is one of the best in the country..some solid oline men also..i like the way our lbs are playings right now especially williams and boley but i still feel like we can use that one impact LB so ill say teo

smashndash715
09-27-2011, 03:08 PM
im a notre dame fan and i think their is alot of players that would fit good with what we need..i dont know how many of you follow college ball..but malcom floyd would be an absolute beast reciever for us especially in the redzone...manti teo plays lb and is one of the best in the country..some solid oline men also..i like the way our lbs are playings right now especially williams and boley but i still feel like we can use that one impact LB so ill say teo

and i meant micheal floyd not malcom lol

NYGJayPro81
09-27-2011, 03:11 PM

I'm a Michigan fan but I've liked Floyd since he was a freshman when Golden Tate was there and I would love to have Manti Te'o on the Giants

GMenNY21
09-27-2011, 03:11 PM
I'd personally go CB on the first & Guard/tackle or DE in the second

smashndash715
09-27-2011, 03:13 PM

I'm a Michigan fan but I've liked Floyd since he was a freshman when Golden Tate was there and I would love to have Manti Te'o on the Giants

congrats on the win this year..denard robinson hurt my heart with that one against us lol..yea i love teo..i like burfict from arizona state also but people say hes dirty i just think he plays real hard and hes passionate

Axels15
09-27-2011, 03:30 PM
DE and CB.

We move on from T2 and have to draft another corner and sign someone. You need four good corners in my opinion.

DE for the same reasons Lawl mentioned above.

I disagree we move on from T2, but I suppose we'll see

NYGJayPro81
09-27-2011, 03:47 PM

congrats on the win this year..denard robinson hurt my heart with that one against us lol..yea i love teo..i like burfict from arizona state also but people say hes dirty i just think he plays real hard and hes passionate

Thanks...I haven't seen Burfict play, but I like Paul Vassallo from Arizona

flimflam
10-03-2011, 12:51 AM
BPA for Pick 1 and 2 from these positions: TE, RT, LB,WR, S

We could use a stud TE.

A RT to speel Kareem would be nice for the future.

Hell, we all know we could use a monster at linebacker preferably a Mike and this years draft is full of them: Dontae Hightower, Luke Keuchly, mantiTe'O, and Vontaze Burflict.

We are pretty decent at WR and S, however.... If the is a stud WR available I don't see JR passing him up if he is the BPA. As for safety, we have Rolle, but this is probably Grant's last year, and Kenny just isn't Kenny. There is a reason JR drafted Chad Jones. Maybe we find a game changing S in this years draft.

nycsportzfan
10-03-2011, 03:54 AM
1.BPA
2.BPA

</span>

BPA all the way
nah we had a idea it could be JPP with the pick as it was published in numerous draft sites and papers that Coughlin had gone down to see em at S FLa Proday plus we had him up here and with us all ready signing Antrel Rolle it kinda took any chance of Earl Thomas off the board and JPP has the highest UPside and there really wasen't another guy other then Iupati who was a G and chances were slim we'd go G that early I actually was one of very few who believed in JPP and his ability and that he wouldent be horrible after really studying any little bit of film and readings i could find on him

I wasen't so worried about him needing alot of time like other raw players because of how quickly he adapted to football in general and right away he was good at S FLA and we knew his motor ran high and he was a hustle player who worked hard

I agree with your BPA theory as long as its not a total non need which in the NFL how often is that really true anyway??lol Things turn into needs quicklylol I could see Dwayne Allen in the mid twenties right now after WK 4 and are 3-1 start Hopefully we play well down the stretch but it will be tough so lets see if we drop or stay in the twenties area and as a playoff team
Needless to say I hope were picking dead last in RD 1 LOL

myles2424
10-04-2011, 05:09 AM
The more I look at things, LB & CB seem to have alot of value in the 1st of 2012....BPA & filling a need, I can see use picking either....SLB is being filled by a DE.....and CB, TT fresh off IR, Webster is going to be making big $$$, and we don't know what we have yet with prince..

thegreatone
10-04-2011, 08:37 AM
1.BPA
2.BPA

</span>

BPA all the way

Maybe the best way to title this topic would be "what do you think our biggest need will be going into the draft" because otherwise , your going to have 100 people respond "BPA' then brag about being right come draft day. Its not exactly prophetic, even if it is right. Its akin to saying we will have Blue and red in our uniform next year. We all know its going to happen.

Speaking of need, I still think RB is going to be a big need next year. BJ turns 30 this offseason and both he and AB have already been playing in this league and taken enough pounding to say they are on the downside. Its safe to say we are 1-2 years from needing a new starting RB and Scott, despite a couple nice preseason run vs extreme backups isnt proven yet. However, I doubt we go RB in round 1.
idc about being prophetic i care about informing the op how our FO operates which is bpa(1) and need (2). i think nyc made a valid point that if its a player of need and he is near the bpa they target him. so with those 2 factors i will go out on a limb and say if we are picking low

1.te(a lot of great te's in this draft)
2.oline (unless diehl picks it up this kid is gone and baas hasnt impressed)

if we are picking low, reverse. cb is also a strong consideration

GiantPride27
10-07-2011, 12:43 PM
I keep going back and fourth with WR or DE...Idk...what do u guys think and why?

offensive line and TE maybe DL just based on the fact that we are the giants lol but we have some yound guys coming back on the DL next year like Austin and JPP takes over full time starter opposite of tuck regaurdless is osi is still here or not

Harlem2va
10-07-2011, 01:00 PM
Finally another Gaint fan who think the Offensive Line and TE should be our top priority. A big receiver would be next but at least 6"4/6"5 to help Nicks, Manningham and Cruz.

craigjr007
10-07-2011, 03:13 PM
lamichael james if he goes to the draft

BlueSanta
10-07-2011, 09:18 PM
1.BPA
2.BPA

</span>

BPA all the way

idc about being prophetic i care about informing the op how our FO operates which is bpa(1) and need (2). i think nyc made a valid point that if its a player of need and he is near the bpa they target him. so with those 2 factors i will go out on a limb and say if we are picking low

So why even post at all? BPA is ALWAYS the answer with the Giants.

This is a discussion about needs, saying "BPA" is correct and pointless to say. People want to discuss needs and players, let them.

thegreatone
10-08-2011, 08:04 PM
1.BPA
2.BPA

</span>

BPA all the way

So why even post at all? BPA is ALWAYS the answer with the Giants.

This is a discussion about needs, saying "BPA" is correct and pointless to say. People want to discuss needs and players, let them.
wtf? where did i not let anybody discuss anything? if thats what ppl want to discuss then fine i have no problem with that. he asked what positions do we target in the first 2 rounds. well we dont TARGET any positions that i know of so i answered correctly. then after your last post i decided to play by your rules and said te and oline, maybe CB but evidently that wasnt good enough answer either.

allentown PA
10-17-2011, 09:00 PM
I think the way this season is going Left Tackle may become a target in the first...also can never rule out DE

myles2424
10-18-2011, 04:21 AM
Oline,LB,WR,CB are possible positions of need & would also be BPA.....I don't think there's any rbs other than richardson.....don't think any Safeties or TEs will go in the 1st....there could be a few DTs or DEs...

BlueBlooded1979
10-18-2011, 05:47 AM
1. OL, preferably tackle. They wanted Solder until NE scooped him up at 18. Beatty is decent but Mack is getting up there. Finding a true LT that can protect Eli's blindside for the remainder of his career would be great.

2 CB. TT is not guaranteed to return due to his contract and his injury. Even if he does he may not be at full speed. If he isn't he can move to S since they use a lot of 3 safety looks. Ross is playing well enough but he is in a contract year as well. With teams like GB, NE, NO and even BUF spreading things out and chucking it all over the lot having a lot of cover guys is a good thing.

nycsportzfan
10-18-2011, 07:30 AM
1. OL, preferably tackle. They wanted Solder until NE scooped him up at 18. Beatty is decent but Mack is getting up there. Finding a true LT that can protect Eli's blindside for the remainder of his career would be great.

2 CB. TT is not guaranteed to return due to his contract and his injury. Even if he does he may not be at full speed. If he isn't he can move to S since they use a lot of 3 safety looks. Ross is playing well enough but he is in a contract year as well. With teams like GB, NE, NO and even BUF spreading things out and chucking it all over the lot having a lot of cover guys is a good thing. I gotta Feeling James Brewer is gonna land one of the starting Tackle jobs down the line I definetly think a GUARD is needed or a Center with Baas going back to GUARD Depending on where we pick in RD 1 It would not surprise me on bit to see mike brewster C ohio st or David Decastro G Stanford as the selection As long as were at least in the 20's Tackle would not surprise me if say a guy like matt reynolds T BYU was on the board in say RD 2 because of the Value but i just have a feeling its the Interior of the Oline we will focus on more then anything Beatty is getting better by the week and we got big Brewer doing what beatty did which is learn and then take a job over We could use a Tackle for the Bench though

giantsfan39
10-19-2011, 12:31 PM
I would trade Osi for a second. And draft an OT, OG, TE.

little blue
10-19-2011, 12:57 PM
WHEN YOUR PICKIN 32ND WHO CARES.

Harlem2va
12-12-2011, 02:26 PM
I'm was called out for my answer in a previous posted, but I still think our biggest need is Offensive Line help and Secondary.</P>

We have young LBers and don't need more rookies, maybe a veteran or see what happens to our injured players Geoff /Stintum. Terrel Thomas might take a year to fully recover. We are with receivers if Manningham leaves, Barden is ready.</P>

We can find other pieces in the later rounds 3rd - 7th!!</P>

Spizi
12-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Uh after watching the Giants this whole season I think its safe to say that not only the first 2 rounds, but the whole draft should be defense.

Once Tuck comes back healthy next year and we draft a linebacker, we will be set a DE with JPP Tuck, and Kiwi. We also need a safety, CBs, and a DT.

Round 1- Zach Brown LB, UNC
Round 2- Mark Barron S, Bama
Round 3- Cliff Harris CB, Oregon
Round 4- Isaiah Pead RB, Cinci

Add Carl Nicks in FA to solidify the online and you have a drastically better team next year.

wolfie
12-12-2011, 03:47 PM
About having the 32nd pick....Your lips to God's ears.</P>

If it was mentioned, I missed it, but what about a stud RB. Everyone has been screaming that Jacobs must go, (not me) and Bradshaw, God lovem, is running on two badly damaged feet.I know we Ware and Scott, but is that enough?</P>

allentown PA
12-12-2011, 10:19 PM
wouldnt mind getting trent richardson in the 1st...depends where we pick though...think we could use Oline help as well.

nycsportzfan
12-12-2011, 10:34 PM
Uh after watching the Giants this whole season I think its safe to say that not only the first 2 rounds, but the whole draft should be defense.

Once Tuck comes back healthy next year and we draft a linebacker, we will be set a DE with JPP Tuck, and Kiwi. We also need a safety, CBs, and a DT.

Round 1- Zach Brown LB, UNC
Round 2- Mark Barron S, Bama
Round 3- Cliff Harris CB, Oregon
Round 4- Isaiah Pead RB, Cinci

Add Carl Nicks in FA to solidify the online and you have a drastically better team next year. I was just thinking about Cliff Harris and how he'd help with the SPeed aspect that our Secondary seems to lack I'd love to see Zach Brown as the pick as well because again Overall team speed I don't know about Barron though Hes not my favorite player at the positon and seems a bit overrated I'd rather a guy like markelle martin or maybe we can wait and get Delano Howell in RD 4

Redeyejedi
12-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Uh after watching the Giants this whole season I think its safe to say that not only the first 2 rounds, but the whole draft should be defense. Once Tuck comes back healthy next year and we draft a linebacker, we will be set a DE with JPP Tuck, and Kiwi. We also need a safety, CBs, and a DT. Round 1- Zach Brown LB, UNC Round 2- Mark Barron S, Bama Round 3- Cliff Harris CB, Oregon Round 4- Isaiah Pead RB, Cinci Add Carl Nicks in FA to solidify the online and you have a drastically better team next year. I was just thinking about Cliff Harris and how he'd help with the SPeed aspect that our Secondary seems to lack I'd love to see Zach Brown as the pick as well because again Overall team speed I don't know about Barron though Hes not my favorite player at the positon and seems a bit overrated I'd rather a guy like markelle martin or maybe we can wait and get Delano Howell in RD 4
Barrons tape is better this year. Last year he had a lot of trouble in coverage but this year not so much. Still I know what your saying. Your almost better going with the quicker hipped safety like Martin with how teams throw the ball

Spizi
12-12-2011, 11:20 PM
Uh after watching the Giants this whole season I think its safe to say that not only the first 2 rounds, but the whole draft should be defense. Once Tuck comes back healthy next year and we draft a linebacker, we will be set a DE with JPP Tuck, and Kiwi. We also need a safety, CBs, and a DT. Round 1- Zach Brown LB, UNC Round 2- Mark Barron S, Bama Round 3- Cliff Harris CB, Oregon Round 4- Isaiah Pead RB, Cinci Add Carl Nicks in FA to solidify the online and you have a drastically better team next year. I was just thinking about Cliff Harris and how he'd help with the SPeed aspect that our Secondary seems to lack*** I'd love to see Zach Brown as the pick as well because again Overall team speed*** I don't know about Barron though** Hes not my favorite player at the positon and seems a bit overrated*** I'd rather a guy like markelle martin or maybe* we can wait and get Delano Howell in RD 4
Barrons tape is better this year. Last year he had a lot of trouble in coverage but this year not so much. Still I know what your saying. Your almost better going with the quicker hipped safety like Martin with how teams throw the ball

True. Honestly though the more I think about it If Richardson is there in the first we have to take him don't we? If our running game continues to look anything like it did the first 11 weeks I would have to say yes.

When you play bama you're sole focus is to stop Trent and no one has really been able to do that. He's the kind of back that can make something out of nothing and is truly a complete back.

BlueSanta
12-13-2011, 04:05 AM
Uh after watching the Giants this whole season I think its safe to say that not only the first 2 rounds, but the whole draft should be defense. Once Tuck comes back healthy next year and we draft a linebacker, we will be set a DE with JPP Tuck, and Kiwi. We also need a safety, CBs, and a DT. Round 1- Zach Brown LB, UNC Round 2- Mark Barron S, Bama Round 3- Cliff Harris CB, Oregon Round 4- Isaiah Pead RB, Cinci Add Carl Nicks in FA to solidify the online and you have a drastically better team next year. I was just thinking about Cliff Harris and how he'd help with the SPeed aspect that our Secondary seems to lack I'd love to see Zach Brown as the pick as well because again Overall team speed I don't know about Barron though Hes not my favorite player at the positon and seems a bit overrated I'd rather a guy like markelle martin or maybe we can wait and get Delano Howell in RD 4

True. Honestly though the more I think about it If Richardson is there in the first we have to take him don't we? If our running game continues to look anything like it did the first 11 weeks I would have to say yes.

When you play bama you're sole focus is to stop Trent and no one has really been able to do that. He's the kind of back that can make something out of nothing and is truly a complete back.

I love trent, I really do. But, I dunno if it is a smart pick for us to go RB 1st. We have more holes to fill than past years not only because we have a lot of starters going to free agency this year but guys coming off injury will be question marks on top of some aging guys. Therefor, I think Runningback, which is a deep class this year, is something we can address in mid round 2-4 and still get a quality guy who will help immediately.

RB aside, we still have glaring needs along the Oline, DBs, DT, LB and TE.

Oline is self explanatory. It is thin and aging.

Dbs beause we have 2 Cbs going to free agency and several guys coming off season ending injuries.

DT because we lack depth, Marvin Austin hasnt played football in 2 years and is coming off an injury. Bernard is likely only even playing this year because we got so thin we had to resign him. He is likely done after this year.

LB is still a point of weakness. Goff is coming off injury and the young guys have worked hard but Im not sure yet they have what it takes to be more than special teamers.

TE because Pascoe just isnt a good TE. We need depth to along with Ballard.

Spizi
12-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Uh after watching the Giants this whole season I think its safe to say that not only the first 2 rounds, but the whole draft should be defense. Once Tuck comes back healthy next year and we draft a linebacker, we will be set a DE with JPP Tuck, and Kiwi. We also need a safety, CBs, and a DT. Round 1- Zach Brown LB, UNC Round 2- Mark Barron S, Bama Round 3- Cliff Harris CB, Oregon Round 4- Isaiah Pead RB, Cinci Add Carl Nicks in FA to solidify the online and you have a drastically better team next year. I was just thinking about Cliff Harris and how he'd help with the SPeed aspect that our Secondary seems to lack*** I'd love to see Zach Brown as the pick as well because again Overall team speed*** I don't know about Barron though** Hes not my favorite player at the positon and seems a bit overrated*** I'd rather a guy like markelle martin or maybe* we can wait and get Delano Howell in RD 4

I love trent, I really do. But, I dunno if it is a smart pick for us to go RB 1st. We have more holes to fill than past years not only because we have a lot of starters going to free agency this year but guys coming off injury will be question marks on top of some aging guys. Therefor, I think Runningback, which is a deep class this year, is something we can address in mid round 2-4 and still get a quality guy who will help immediately.

RB aside, we still have glaring needs along the Oline, DBs, DT, LB and TE.

Oline is self explanatory. It is thin and aging.

Dbs beause we have 2 Cbs going to free agency and several guys coming off season ending injuries.

DT because we lack depth, Marvin Austin hasnt played football in 2 years and is coming off an injury. Bernard is likely only even playing this year because we got so thin we had to resign him. He is likely done after this year.

LB is still a point of weakness. Goff is coming off injury and the young guys have worked hard but Im not sure yet they have what it takes to be more than special teamers.

TE because Pascoe just isnt a good TE. We need depth to along with Ballard.

Yea i agree with you. We do have a lot of weaknesses but If Trent was there I think we might take him. He's a top 5 talent in the draft and we should be picking in the high teens. Most likely we won't have to worry about this because he should be long gone.

rainierjef
12-13-2011, 07:06 PM
Call me crazy but i would like to address WR, and RB as nicks is great he's slightly injury prone imho although his injuries don't keep him out long its the fact that their lingering that bothers me and with the way eli has elevated his game why not give him more weapons and competetition for the other Wide outs to improve. </P>

And RB cause lets be honest bradshaw is a beast but his run still is damaging to his feet and how long is he going to last running the way he is, Jacobs is great when the line is available to block im not sold on ware yet. we need an every down back i wish we were in position to get richardson but i know hes like a top 10 talent and we wont be picking anywhere near top 10 </P>

Spizi
12-13-2011, 07:52 PM
Call me crazy but i would like to address WR, and RB as nicks is great he's slightly injury prone imho although his injuries don't keep him out long its the fact that their lingering that bothers me and with the way eli has elevated his game why not give him more weapons and competetition for the other Wide outs to improve. </P>

And RB cause lets be honest bradshaw is a beast but his run still is damaging to his feet and how long is he going to last running the way he is, Jacobs is great when the line is available to block im not sold on ware yet. we need an every down back i wish we were in position to get richardson but i know hes like a top 10 talent and we wont be picking anywhere near top 10 </P>

I'm all for adding more offensive weapons because you can never have enough but it's obvious that our needs are on the defensive side of the ball. We have a top 5 passing offense and a bottom 5 rushing offense. That is why I would take a runningback before I would take a wr.

myles2424
12-14-2011, 04:08 AM

And RB cause lets be honest bradshaw is a beast but his run still is damaging to his feet and how long is he going to last running the way he is, Jacobs is great when the line is available to block im not sold on ware yet. we need an every down back i wish we were in position to get richardson but i know hes like a top 10 talent and we wont be picking anywhere near top 10 </P>Assuming we addres our LB problem I'm %100 with you....nowadays you got to have at least 4 good WRs...nicks is injury prone,H.A.M can be very inconsistent & what if we found ourselves losing him unexpected like boss??....Cruz has been great,but I think we'd all agree it'll take another season t be %100 sold, around the league every year we see guys put up monster years and then disappear.....the fact that Jernigan hasn't seen the field isn't promising,Barden I'm not sold on.......
RB, Bradshaw & Jacobs are hurt every year, and Jacobs replacement needs to be thought of now, he's going to be 30 & making alot of $$$

lawl
12-14-2011, 05:17 AM
As of right now our starting RT next year is who? Brewer?

tonyt830
12-14-2011, 08:35 AM
Well depending on what happens in free agency, I think O-line and LB, specifically Sam backer, should be targeted in the first 2 rds.

But I think CB should be looked at (Ross and Thomas are FAs and Thomas is coming off his 2nd ACL surgery on the same knee)

With our RB situations(Bradshaw's ankle/foot issues and Jacobs possibly not being a Giant next year) I would not mind seeing someone like Ball or Polk as a Giant next year.

Ballard has exceeded expectations in my opinion, but I would like another compliment at TE for the Giants---the Beckum experiment is not working out.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-17-2011, 08:16 PM

</P>

draft as many weapons as you want, but if eli aint getting protected, no one gets the ball! we dnt need to spend a 1st rd pick on WR or rb. We have way more needs..</P>

deekay7685
12-17-2011, 11:30 PM
i would love a top RB and OL.
Lamar Miller and Peter Konz if we can get them.
We can sign a FA TE like Olsen or Fasano and make Ballard a backup.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-18-2011, 02:59 AM
i would love a top RB and OL. Lamar Miller and Peter Konz if we can get them. We can sign a FA TE like Olsen or Fasano and make Ballard a backup.</P>

1) Fasano isnt a FA until 2013</P>

2) Question...Why would you bench a younger Ballard whois younger andis having a better year thenOlsen? And most likely will want a payday after this year..</P>

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=1&amp;statisticPositionCategory=T IGHT_END&amp;season=2011&amp;seasonType=REG</P>

</P>

Redeyejedi
12-18-2011, 12:00 PM
Besides QB U can justify anything.

Center-Baas sux

LG -Diehl sux

OT-Beatty injury prone Mckenzie FA

WR- Manningham FA,Barden hasnt done enough with his snaps

TE-Ballard is Ok but another guy is needed

RB-Jacobs sux,Bradshaw injury prone and slow

CB
Webster is a starter but makes to much money.
Amukumara- has been terrible but Im willing to give him a pass but it doesnt look good

Thomas is a FA and coming off a really bad injury

Ross -FA and is worth keeping if they can pay him what he is a 4th corner

Safety

Phillips- Better then I expected this season but not above being upgraded

Rolle-Average safety making ridiculous money.Supposedly a team leader.Maybe its why this team lacks leadership because thats a guy leading him.Id cut his ***

Grant-Finished.Only a box safety back up

DT

Linval- First season starting takes on Double teams well isnt on the level of Coefield though.Willing to wait on him

Canty-Overrated overpaid cut him

Austin-Has now not played in 2 years.I actually will be amazed if he isnt a bust

DE

Osi-needs to be traded

Tuck-Always playing hurt

JPP-Stud best 4-3 end in Football by next season

Tolly-Solid depth

LB

WLB- Boley ,Williams,Paysinger- Good group I think

SOLB-Kiwi should be playing defensive end and will be again I believe after Osi is shipped out

MLB-Goff- Hopefully comes back strong, Greg Jones-I wasnt sold on Jones at draft time I think its obvious why he fell, Herzlich-played better then Jones

eli2cruz
12-27-2011, 05:15 PM
My opinion of what we need we should do in the draft.

1st OL
2nd LB
3rd RB
Rest of draft Best player available

deekay7685
12-28-2011, 02:16 PM
needs:

OL
RB
TE
SLB

For depth: