PDA

View Full Version : the fumble review-what everyones missing-on field change

pica01
01-17-2012, 10:50 PM
Everyone agrees that this was a fumble.What no one is discussing is the ruling on the field.There was no whistle at any time.that means the original ruling on the field was fumble.we all then went to commercial.the refs huddled and someone said to Leavy,crew chief,he was down.Now,to me,the obvious response is,why didn't you make that call and blow it dead if you saw the runner down.I can't change this call after the fact if you never blew it dead.Now you say he was down?sorry,we go with the call on the field.Instead,Leavy changes the original call on the field for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON .the NFL backed this call based on the call on the field.Well,since NOONE BLEW A WHISTLE THE CALL WAS FUMBLE.You would think that when the refs huddled and someone said he was down that the response would be,ok,30 million people just went to commercial and when they come back you want me to tell them that you saw the runner down but didn't call it and change the call on the the field.Didn't blow it dead.Which with a clear recovery replay can correct.I want to know which official prompted the call change on the field.I suspect it has to be Leavy himself.Any crew chief would have to laugh in that huddle at someone saying down by contact but i didn't call it.Every bad call was made by Leavy,not his crew.Absent any whistle,what crew chief would possibly change the call on the field.Think about it.We've all seen fumbles blown dead.How many fumbles have you've seen recovered,returned 20 yards with NO WHISTLE like that changed to down by contact?

BlueJayC
01-17-2012, 11:15 PM
You're 1000% right......had the same debate with my friend.....they let the play go which means the ruling was a fumble and there was no evidence to overturn that initial call.....somehwere in there they changed the on field call.......with no whistle how do you do that?!?!?!?!?

ebick
01-17-2012, 11:17 PM
I don't think anyone here is missing that. We all know the whole thing was crapola.

miked1958
01-17-2012, 11:17 PM
Everyone agrees that this was a fumble.What no one is discussing is the ruling on the field.There was no whistle at any time.that means the original ruling on the field was fumble.we all then went to commercial.the refs huddled and someone said to Leavy,crew chief,he was down.Now,to me,the obvious response is,why didn't you make that call and blow it dead if you saw the runner down.I can't change this call after the fact if you never blew it dead.Now you say he was down?sorry,we go with the call on the field.Instead,Leavy changes the original call on the field for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON .the NFL backed this call based on the call on the field.Well,since NOONE BLEW A WHISTLE THE CALL WAS FUMBLE.You would think that when the refs huddled and someone said he was down that the response would be,ok,30 million people just went to commercial and when they come back you want me to tell them that you saw the runner down but didn't call it and change the call on the the field.Didn't blow it dead.Which with a clear recovery replay can correct.I want to know which official prompted the call change on the field.I suspect it has to be Leavy himself.Any crew chief would have to laugh in that huddle at someone saying down by contact but i didn't call it.Every bad call was made by Leavy,not his crew.Absent any whistle,what crew chief would possibly change the call on the field.Think about it.We've all seen fumbles blown dead.How many fumbles have you've seen recovered,returned 20 yards with NO WHISTLE like that changed to down by contact?
That right there proves he was trying to help green bay out

Spizi
01-17-2012, 11:19 PM

this is what I've been saying all along. The call on the field was a fumble so we would have won the challenge since it was "non conclusive". it shouldnt have been overruled

Ruttiger711
01-17-2012, 11:31 PM
No one's missed it. This is what gives this play that extra "stink" .... At the very least the refs screwed us out of a challenge and you make the Giants tentative to challenge again ( the Ware play possibly)

pica01
01-17-2012, 11:46 PM
really-no ones missed it?everyones talking about the review where the call on the field stands.NOONE is talking about the original call on the field.

ebick
01-17-2012, 11:54 PM
because it's just so unfathomable.......ok so you changed it on the field.....once you go look at it again it will be clear to you and we will get the ball back and just be screwed on the additional yardage.........so be it..........wait...........what?!??!?!?!?