PDA

View Full Version : Give me your reasons why the Giants will win...put some thought into Gmen fans!!!!!

elitime
01-17-2012, 11:02 PM
I dont really know why they will win, but as a fan of this team and an ex FB player I can honestly say that some times a team just plays on a high, and they ride it. Tip balls go your way, a fumble that bounces perfectly, a blown coverage, or a close your eyes pass that some how gets caught. Sometimes we cant explain it in football terms. sometimes a team and I hate to say it but they just play like they BELIEVE more than the other team.

DandyDon
01-17-2012, 11:25 PM
1) Gints are on a bigtime roll.

2) Eli, Nicks Cruz, Manningham (together among the best receiving core in the league IMHO).

3) Tuck, Osi, JPP, Boley.

4) Rolle and Grant

No team in the final 4 has mad skilz on both sides of the ball that we have, and the momentum that we have.

Nobody wants to play the Gints right now - no matter what they say.

elitime
01-17-2012, 11:31 PM
Give it up for Tom C. He has once again brought this team together. With all the injuries we had, he has done an awesome job. If he wins the SB do we say Move over Parcells, thanks for the memories?

blueomaha
01-17-2012, 11:39 PM
we will win....

JMFP2
01-17-2012, 11:42 PM
I'm not going to give any predictions, because I don't want to put the whammy on the team.</P>

For the Green Bay Game, my questionwas this: How much better is the Packers Offense than the Giant Defense? and then the flip side was also important: How much better is the Giants Offense than the Packers Defense? It turned out that the Giants offense had a much wider margin on the Packer Defense than the Packers Offense had on the Giants Defense. In fact, judging by the score, the Giants Offense and Defense both overwhelmed the Packers.</P>

I think you can apply the same sort of question again:</P>

Can the 49ers Defense shut down the Giants Offense?</P>

Can the Giants Defense shut down the 49ers Offense?</P>

I'm not going to take anything away from Alex Smith....he has definitely improved this season.</P>

But the Giants have gone through some good teams to get here: they the Jets, Dallas (twice), the Falcons, and now the Packers. Each opponent was tougher than the last.</P>

The Saints, outdoors and on the road, managed to hang 32 points on the 49ers, and this was even after multiple turnovers.</P>

The Packers, at home and rested, were pretty much throttled by the Giants defense....the referees gifted them 2 TDs, otherwise it would have been more like 37-6.</P>

Eli Manning has played great in huge games......Alex Smith is untested.</P>

Again, I'm not taking anything away from the 49ers. But I think the Giants have a good shot in this one, if they play with the same intensity as they have shown over the past 4 weeks, and protect the ball.</P>

flimflam
01-17-2012, 11:57 PM
<font size="3">DandyDon gave some great points. I will chime in with some others.

Jim Harbuaugh has given some great speeches to his 49ers - his "Mighty Men," and "Who's got it better than us?" stuff. You know what? It fueled a Cinderella regular season from a huge turn around season. That steams runs out.

The Giants are on a roll, and we are talking hitting on all cylinders on a roll. The offense is Cruzing, the D is playing with a passion and precision not seen in 3 years. Specials Teams, which was a wreck, is playing incredible.

The Giants are more experiences in the playoffs. Not only are the Giants confident, they are relaxed.

Coughlin, et al are more experienced too, and will be able to game plan better.

Eli has a clear edge over Alex Smith. Alex Smith's nerves will get rattled by the Giants pass rush, and for being on a huge stage for the first time. For Easy E, its "aww schucks" I have been here before. For Alex Smith, it is "Holy ****, I better perform, omg. Wth? Everything depends on me." Think Aaron Rodgers, MR ICeman looked out of sync? Mr Smith will be pooping little doddies when he sees MR Pierre-Paul, Mr Kiawinuka, Mr Tuck, Mr Boley, Mr. Canty, Mr Bernard, Mr Joseph, Mr Tollefson, MR Williams, and Mr Umenyiora running him down.

The Giants will rely on their running game, and Ahmad Bradshaw and Brandon Jacobs will have MONSTER GAMES in the INCLEMENT WEATHER and the BIG BLUE RUSHING ATTACK will amass 150+ rushing yards making the vaunted 49ers defense look down right ordinary.

The Giants defense will neutralize Frank Gore and the 49er rushing attack. Expect less than 100 yards from Mr Gore, forcing 40 attempts from Alex Smith.

Unlike other foes, the Giants have some linebackers with speed and athleticism to actually contain their TE, Vernon Davis. Jaicquian Williams and Michael Boley will antagonize Vernon Davis and limit him to less than 70 yards total on Sunday.

The Giants secondary is playing intensely physical and will impose their will on the San Francisco receivers. The Saints turned the ball over 5 times to the 49ers last weekend. INstead, it will be the 49ers turning the ball over 5 times to the Giants. I expect to see the secondary striping and ball hawking the 49ers who are supposedly the turnover creating team. This Sunday it will be us who wins the turnover battle.

The Giants will score not only on offense but get a touchdown or two from Special Teams or a defensive score.

We are on THE REVENGE TOUR and Sunday is our day of revenge for losing to the 49ers in week 10.

We are a much healthier team now than in week 10 when we faced the 49ers. The 49ers might be different as they have gained experience during the season, but we also gained experience to build on our past playoff experiences. the 49ers cannot match the experiences in the playoffs that we have on our roster or coaching staff, and we are hot and health. These are ingredients to bring the head in the clouds 49ers back to earth.

The Giants want revenge for the 2022 debacle.

The Giants are too hot, too confident, too experienced, and too well coached, and will simply impose their will on the talented and well coached 49ers because they are inexperienced in the playoffs, will be too nervous, and too sloppy to overcome Big Blue.

<font size="5">Final score: <font color="blue" size="5">NY Giants</font> 38, SF 49ers 15.</font>

Lambeau12
01-17-2012, 11:59 PM
I have always liked the Giants as a GB fan. Nothing but love and respect for your team. Hope you win it all. God bless.

NYGGotThis
01-18-2012, 12:00 AM
Giants really started to put their defense together and Manning improved as soon as they lost to the Redskins. After losing, they could not take it no more. They got the winning mentality in their heads and have improved dramatically. I used to think there was no hope for them but now they same better than they were in 07. Giants are going to beat the 49ers with the same skill they had when they beaten the Cowboys, the Falcons, and the Packers with. If they can stop Gore and Steve Smith, then the game is won by the Giants. Giants still need to improve their running game and improve special teams. We cannot afford to miss field goals. But the Giants are going to be in the Superbowl with the Patriots or the Ravens (hopefully the Patriots) and pull out a win. [&lt;:o)]

nybeatmaker
01-18-2012, 12:08 AM
Because they play for the best city in the world....New York City...Concrete jungle were dreams are made of, there's absolutely nothing you can't do. Down in NY, these streets will certainly make you feel brand new and of course the lights will inspire you.......LETS HERE IT FOR NY NY NEW YORK

MikeIsaGiant
01-18-2012, 12:15 AM
The hottest team right now are the giants, I hope the 49ers aren't a brick in the wall.

Our defense is finally stepping up

flimflam
01-18-2012, 12:18 AM
I have always liked the Giants as a GB fan. Nothing but love and respect for your team. Hope you win it all. God bless.

Thanks man! Much respect to the Packers as well.

whakka
01-18-2012, 12:19 AM
i think the giants have several advantages.

1) eli vs. smith. while smith is improved, eli is proven to be a big game clutch monster

2) coughlin vs harbaugh experienced coaching gets advantage

3) nyg d-line vs sf o-line alex smith led the league with 44 sacks taken, if they try to run like atlanta did, there will be a lot of punting (i doubt harbaugh is as much an idiot as the atl coach, trying to go for it on our ~20 rofl what a joke). if they get behind and start having to throw to stay in the game, its gonna get painful for smith. i expect the giants plan will be to stop gore first and make smith beat the giants with his arm. and i think that our #3 receiver is better than crabtree, i think the stage is just too big for him.

4) said it before, but i think that the niners peaked in that game. HOPEFULLY. i think that emotionally, it would be like us beating the cowboys in week 14, big emotional win final seconds- very acute point and time difference between win and loss, then just deflating in the next game (skins week 15).

harrycarson
01-18-2012, 12:42 AM
The 49ers will try what they did last game and pass on early downs with misdirection to counter our relentless pass rush. They will do this to keep our D-ends honest so we do not T-off...This worked last time and I could see this still working to an extent. These guys will also utitlize the screens and over the middle crossing routes, again they play smart offensively as they want to max out on field position like everyone for their defense. However, in this game at some point Alex Smith will again have to prove that he can thread the needle and perform like Eli under pressure. He will have to side step the rush and make god decisions on the run. Something about him tells me he cannot do this consistently. He is a game manager to me with some mobility. However in the end I really cannot see their defense shutting our relentless offense down or even limiting it. We will force the 49ers out of their realm and make them throw exclusively and in the end Alex Smith will be knocked off the pedistle and be viewed again as just an ok QB. He will be labeled as unfit to win the big game much like Romo. </P>

There is only 1 eli, and no FREAKING WAY IS ALEX SMITH AND THE NINERS BEATING THE GMEN SUNDAY SO GET REAL FELLAS&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;JUST AINT HAPPENIN!!!!</P>

peytonkrug
01-18-2012, 11:24 AM
Giants will win why</P>

1. Chemistry, they seem like a cohesive unit.</P>

2. They have played tough the last8 games, (not washington), and are peaking.</P>

3. Much like the 90's Huskers, they wear down opponents. By the 4th quarter they are physically imposing their will. As long as we can keep it close, its ours.</P>

4. Alex Smith will get sacked/hurried all game.</P>

</P>

RonJon
01-18-2012, 11:33 AM
Some differences from that first game as well. Chase Blackburn was not with the team then. Rookie Greg Jones was schooled badly by Vernon Davis and Kendell Hunter on two plays that resulted in 49er TDs. Also, Boley and Ross both missed the 2nd half of that game after being injured. Bradshaw also did not pya in that first game. For the Niners, Braylon Edwards is gone and Tedd Ginn Jr was limping noticably the other day so he may not be 100%, which will hurt their passing game

burier
01-18-2012, 11:36 AM
Lets look at the QB.

Alex Smith is finally getting some deserved praise but its his first time in a game of this magnitude and now He's actually expected to make elite throws and against the best pass rush in the playoffs.

Eli on the other hand has been there and that. Even if the 9ers can get a rush on Eli Eli is not phased. When in doubt bet on the Better Quarterback.

1) Pressure factor is in our favor.

The Giants play their best football on the road. We've already beaten the Pats and Greenbay on the road.

2) The Roadwarriors negate home field advantage.

the 49ers beat us in the regular season which is bad omen. The band is back together for the Revenge Tour Volume two.

3) History is on our side.

The 49ers had to come up with a bunch of Miracle plays to beat the Saints..THE SAINTS who never wanted anything to do with the playoffs in the first place. They were satisfied with Brees's little passing record.

Drew actually tried to Deep-6 the Saints himself against the Lions but the Lions D refused to catch a ball. The Giants aren't going to be sloppy with the ball.

4) The 49ers are overrated and the Giants are simply better.

galaxy10
01-18-2012, 11:50 AM
"Lets look at the QB." This will be the difference in the game.

freeoscar
I can go through matchups and players, but my gut is that this SF team has maxed out. You don't go from nowhere to the SB in one year.

OX1
RUSHING..............

In the past 4 games: (since our re-invention)

SF gave up 81 yards per game average, got 111 yards and 3 rushing TD's.

Played Pitt, Sea, Stl, and the Saints, 1 real and 1 playoff type game (2 games against scrubs)

NY gave up 80.5 yards per game average and got 96 yards per game and 4 rushing TD's.

We played Jets, Boys, Falcons and GB, 2 real and 2 playoff type games

They are a hair worse than their season average giving up yards,
lately, while we are 50% better (we were 123 for the year).

Last game, we got 89 yards rushing on them, 12 more than their season average, what happened??
They only got 67, on a run defense that at the time was like 22th in the league?? Yeah, gore was out, so what, we were supposedly dismal in the run. Problem for them is we have gotten MUCH better since then.

Providence
01-18-2012, 11:55 AM
i think the giants have several advantages.

1) eli vs. smith.*** while smith is improved, eli is proven to be a big game clutch monster

2) coughlin vs harbaugh**** experienced coaching gets advantage

3) nyg d-line vs sf o-line**** alex smith led the league with 44 sacks taken, if they try to run like atlanta did, there will be a lot of punting (i doubt harbaugh is as much an idiot as the atl coach, trying to go for it on our ~20 rofl what a joke). if they get behind and start having to throw to stay in the game, its gonna get painful for smith. i expect the giants plan will be to stop gore first and make smith beat the giants with his arm. and i think that our #3 receiver is better than crabtree, i think the stage is just too big for him.

4) said it before, but i think that the niners peaked in that game. HOPEFULLY. i think that emotionally, it would be like us beating the cowboys in week 14, big emotional win final seconds- very acute point and time difference between win and loss, then just deflating in the next game (skins week 15).

FYI, that play in your signature drew a big flag that cost us a lot, not sure we want to celebrate that. That's just my two cents though, take it or leave it.

blueomaha
01-18-2012, 01:55 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong...The NYG have never lost a nfc championship game in the sb era......stay blue.....

SackingMyths
01-18-2012, 02:07 PM
1- It REALLY looked like the Saints win was SF's Superbowl.

2- No Osi the last game and a severely limited Tuck, with less breathers as a result. This is the equivalent of SF not having Aldon Smith and a severely banged up Justin Smith. It matters plenty.

3- No Bradshaw last game. DJ Ware forced to play lots of snaps against the consensus best Rush D.

4- Boley and Blackburn; less confusion and less reliance upon rookie LBers (Jacquain and G Jones) who were severely schemed against.

5- A muddy field hampers one of SF's biggest strenghs and advantages- their ability to kick and ability to return.

CTLadyBlue
01-18-2012, 02:12 PM
One word - and, I know Francesa likes to use this, but it's true - cohesiveness.

The Giants are firing on all cylinders in all phases of position. The only thing that I wish was more punishing was the running game, but Eli has so many weapons that we don't have to rely on the run to set up the pass - more like the other way around.

I also think the 14 vets leftover from '07, the experience and, as great a job as Harbaugh did turning the Niners around, TC has been in this position more times than him. Niners may like Harbaugh, but the Giants players LOVE Coughlin. They will go to war for this guy. They put themselves on the line to save his job whereas this was the Niners first year of Harbaugh's three year 'plan'. Not saying they're gonna come out soft - I just think the Giants are going to fight harder.

Whoever's standing at the end (hopefully not in mud) wins

bklyn1028
01-18-2012, 02:44 PM
So I can win the pool at work!

JJC7301
01-18-2012, 02:47 PM
I'm not going to give any predictions, because I don't want to put the whammy on the team.</P>

For the Green Bay Game, my questionwas this: How much better is the Packers Offense than the Giant Defense? and then the flip side was also important: How much better is the Giants Offense than the Packers Defense? It turned out that the Giants offense had a much wider margin on the Packer Defense than the Packers Offense had on the Giants Defense. In fact, judging by the score, the Giants Offense and Defense both overwhelmed the Packers.</P>

I think you can apply the same sort of question again:</P>

Can the 49ers Defense shut down the Giants Offense?</P>

Can the Giants Defense shut down the 49ers Offense?</P>

I'm not going to take anything away from Alex Smith....he has definitely improved this season.</P>

But the Giants have gone through some good teams to get here: they the Jets, Dallas (twice), the Falcons, and now the Packers. Each opponent was tougher than the last.</P>

The Saints, outdoors and on the road, managed to hang 32 points on the 49ers, and this was even after multiple turnovers.</P>

The Packers, at home and rested, were pretty much throttled by the Giants defense....the referees gifted them 2 TDs, otherwise it would have been more like 37-6.</P>

Eli Manning has played great in huge games......Alex Smith is untested.</P>

Again, I'm not taking anything away from the 49ers. But I think the Giants have a good shot in this one, if they play with the same intensity as they have shown over the past 4 weeks, and protect the ball.</P>

</P>

+1. Perfectly said, and above all -- protect the ball.</P>

BigBluePoint
01-18-2012, 04:09 PM
My Giants gnome is still working his magic in our backyard. As he goes, we go.
Yeah, that and Eli is playing, BY FAR, the best he ever has!!! To me, he's throwing the ball 150% better than last year. It's like he got an arm transplant or something. Now, we just have to hope the bad weather forecasted for Sunday does ground our air game. Or visa versa.

ElisStomach
01-18-2012, 04:13 PM
the way the giants win is if the 49er's don't show up.

NYDestroyer
01-18-2012, 04:16 PM
Protect Eli Manning
Don't turn the ball over
Pressure Alex Smith and play giants football and they will win.

Roosevelt
01-18-2012, 04:20 PM
Experience and leadership to play a full 60 minutes.

We also have a lot of playmakers.

gmen0820
01-18-2012, 04:21 PM
Because we are the hottest team in it. That's who wins. GB was the best in the playoffs, league, whatever, all year, and we beat them. I don't think it'll be too pretty though.

VegasGmen
01-18-2012, 04:28 PM
Because I will be wearing the same clothing, sitting in front of the same tv and doing everything the same that I have for the last 4 weeks. Plus someone on these boards has a gnome buried! ;)

TrueBlue@NYC
01-18-2012, 04:31 PM
I think the Giants will win b/c we simply have more ways of winning than the 49ers do.I think it's going to come down to which team is going to make that one big play that pulls them away from the opponent and the Giants simply have more ways of doing that on offense than the 49ers. </P>

I also trust Eli in the big moment more than Alex Smith, who was phenominal last week. I just don't see Smith being able to make the plays on our defense the same way he was able to do against NO. </P>

chuckedafter5yards
01-18-2012, 05:35 PM
2 primary reasons the Giants win:
1) They are not that good against the pass
2) Smith can run but is a poor scrambler, once the rush gets close to him he starts to look around.

The turnover battle, the Saints had 3 turnovers in the 1st quarter. That completely changed the game- if the Giants have 3 turnovers in the 1st quarter then
a) my family will be defeaned by my yelling
b) the 49ers might win
BUT I don't see the Giants turning over the ball the way the Saints did, the ball security was terrible.