PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Giant fans from a Packer fan

Lambeau12
01-18-2012, 12:20 AM
Hey guys first off wanted to congratulate you on the victory over us. Hats off to you guys. This loss is the most heartbreaking in a long time. I notice some of you kicking us while were down. Please take it easy on us. Your the better team and we didnt deserve to be in the playoffs. Dont worry about us next year cause you should handle us yet again next season. You guys will have a great team for years to come. We have alot of work to do as we might not recover from this game. I can see us having a bad season next year.

elitime
01-18-2012, 12:24 AM
Thanks Bud, you show great class. You still have Rogers enough said.

JMFP2
01-18-2012, 12:25 AM
Hey guys first off wanted to congratulate you on the victory over us. Hats off to you guys. This loss is the most heartbreaking in a long time. I notice some of you kicking us while were down. Please take it easy on us. Your the better team and we didnt deserve to be in the playoffs. Dont worry about us next year cause you should handle us yet again next season. You guys will have a great team for years to come. We have alot of work to do as we might not recover from this game. I can see us having a bad season next year.</P>

Thanks for the congrats.</P>

You guys have a great team, starting with Rodgers, who I think is still the best player in the NFL.</P>

The Packers are a great organization, and the many Packer fans I know are all great people....best of luck to you guys next season.</P>

GOBIGBLUE52
01-18-2012, 12:26 AM
Hey guys first off wanted to congratulate you on the victory over us. Hats off to you guys. This loss is the most heartbreaking in a long time. I notice some of you kicking us while were down. Please take it easy on us. Your the better team and we didnt deserve to be in the playoffs. Dont worry about us next year cause you should handle us yet again next season. You guys will have a great team for years to come. We have alot of work to do as we might not recover from this game. I can see us having a bad season next year.

Sorry to hear some guys are being scum about it, support your team's victorys, don't be a sore winner. I went to the Giants/Packers game at Lambeau last year and after I left following a blowout some of you guys actually apologized (although honestly, although I appreciate the kindness, I hate the pity ****, just tell me my team sucks) before chanting "The Bears still suck!"

You guys definitely deserved to be in the playoffs, you were 15-1 for a reason, but to win a championship you have to be good on both sides of the ball. And well...defense wasn't there.

I know sort of how you're feeling, after we lost to the ****ing Eagles at home in the playoffs after winning the super bowl and then getting HFA with a 12-4 record the next year. It stings. But with Rodgers at QB I don't see the packers being a "bad" team for a long time. Next year's meeting will be a good one.

embeshAtYa
01-18-2012, 12:27 AM
yeah didn deserve playoffs.

nybeatmaker
01-18-2012, 12:27 AM
why that is mighty generous of you....thanks...and yes the Giants are a great team however Greenbay did deserve to be in the playoffs. They were the #1 team going 15-1 which is no easy thing to do.

jjj45
01-18-2012, 12:28 AM
Thanks. Maybe its good the Pack got knocked down a peg. It'll make them go back to being the lovable underdogish small town team that I've always admired. Plus it will get rid of a lot of those jerky bandwagoners and only the true fans as yourself will remain.

Being humbled builds character, and the Packers should rebound in the coming years.

Again thank you for being such a great sport. It means a lot.

Sorry for my sig pic ;)

Lambeau12
01-18-2012, 12:34 AM
I think we will miss the playoffs next year. 8-8. When we lost to you guys the last time the next year we finished 6-10. The entire team looked awful and the rest of our division is getting better with the Bears getting Cutler and Forte back and the Lions will be good. I hate to say this but that was our last shot.

JJC7301
01-18-2012, 12:43 AM
I think we will miss the playoffs next year. 8-8. When we lost to you guys the last time the next year we finished 6-10. The entire team looked awful and the rest of our division is getting better with the Bears getting Cutler and Forte back and the Lions will be good. I hate to say this but that was our last shot.
Nah, GB will be back next year -- you're too talented not to.

By the way, Giants board members who just got back from the game are saying that you Packer fans are the best, classiest, and nicest. Nothing but great things about your fans and GB itself. Sorry if any Giant fans are being ungracious winners -- probably the younger fans. I don't think the majority of Giant fans had anything against GB -- we just wanted to play the best.

I wish that I could say the same for SF fans. We can't get on their boards and NO fans (and other stories in the media) who went to their game in SF are saying that SF fans are a bunch of thugs who grope women and intimidate children with their security looking the other way.

JMFP2
01-18-2012, 12:50 AM
I think we will miss the playoffs next year. 8-8. When we lost to you guys the last time the next year we finished 6-10. The entire team looked awful and the rest of our division is getting better with the Bears getting Cutler and Forte back and the Lions will be good. I hate to say this but that was our last shot.</P>

As long as you have Rodgers, you have a shot at another Super Bowl....that dude is flat out sick, but for whatever reason, last week wasn't his best game. That will happen....which is why a championship team really needs a solid defense. You guys were #5 last year (I think).....that's a huge reason you were able to get hot and make a run.</P>

But, it's very, very difficult to repeat.</P>

The Giants looked like they were on their way to a repeat, and then the whole Plaxico shooting occurred, and the Giants strollednto the playoffs and got knocked off just like the Packers did.</P>

When you are the defending champ, and 15-1, at some point you believe everything people are writing about you. I really hope the Giants stay hungry, and dont' get overconfident against the 49ers.</P>

I'm sure the Pack will tighten up on defense. I expect them and the Eagles to make noise next year.</P>

Lambeau12
01-18-2012, 12:56 AM
I dont want to sound like a whiner but there was a couple Giant fans yelling in your face baby! The loss hurt even worse when someone pushes the victory in your face. You guys on the other hand are classy. Im going to pull for you guys the rest of the way. It pays to be gracious in defeat.

DandyDon
01-18-2012, 01:01 AM
I think we will miss the playoffs next year. 8-8. When we lost to you guys the last time the next year we finished 6-10. The entire team looked awful and the rest of our division is getting better with the Bears getting Cutler and Forte back and the Lions will be good. I hate to say this but that was our last shot.</P>

As long as you have Rodgers, you have a shot at another Super Bowl....that dude is flat out sick, but for whatever reason, last week wasn't his best game.* That will happen....which is why a championship team really needs a solid defense.* You guys were #5 last year (I think).....that's a huge reason you were able to get hot and make a run.</P>

The Giants looked like they were on their way to a repeat, and then the whole Plaxico shooting occurred, and the Giants strolled*nto the playoffs and got knocked off just like the Packers did.*</P>

When you are the defending champ, and 15-1, at some point you believe everything people are writing about you.* I really hope the Giants stay hungry, and dont' get overconfident against the 49ers.</P>

I'm sure the Pack will tighten up on defense.* I expect them and the Eagles to make noise next year.</P>

Everyone who watched the game knows GB didnt give us their best effort.

But the Gints gave their best.

IMO playoffs are about momentum. I think Rodgers not playing for 3 weeks made a big difference.

SackingMyths
01-18-2012, 01:03 AM
This is what I'm talking about. Classy guy, and the guy from SF stirring up trouble could take a page from your book.

I'm sure it's of little consolation to you now, but as long as you've got Rodgers, you'll always compete.

Your FO isn't dumb (a la Rex/Mr. T), by any stretch, when it comes to assessing key personel deficiencies and you're sitting on a veritable gold mine with Matt Flynn, of the 520 yards and 5 TD fame. You should get a kings ransom on the trade market if you play your cards right.

Good luck next season and do stop back!

GOBIGBLUE52
01-18-2012, 01:10 AM
I dont want to sound like a whiner but there was a couple Giant fans yelling in your face baby! The loss hurt even worse when someone pushes the victory in your face. You guys on the other hand are classy. Im going to pull for you guys the rest of the way. It pays to be gracious in defeat.

No, it's understandable. No fanbase is perfect. You'll get a few of those anywhere, especially if beer is involved. I was embarassed as a giant fan last year when I went to Lambeau and two giant fans two rows behind me were being ***ses and got in an argument with a Packer fan who didn't appreciate them swearing in front of his kid who looked about 6. And it wasn't even an argument, it was the packer fan respectfully asking them to stop and the giant fans telling him to **** off. And it was a packer home game &lt;_&lt;

Lambeau12
01-18-2012, 01:15 AM
We got humbled in this one. You guys hammered us in our own backyard. I admit losing to you guys isnt that bad cause at least we lost to a classy team.

JMFP2
01-18-2012, 01:18 AM

As long as you have Rodgers, you have a shot at another Super Bowl....that dude is flat out sick, but for whatever reason, last week wasn't his best game. That will happen....which is why a championship team really needs a solid defense. You guys were #5 last year (I think).....that's a huge reason you were able to get hot and make a run.</P>

The Giants looked like they were on their way to a repeat, and then the whole Plaxico shooting occurred, and the Giants strollednto the playoffs and got knocked off just like the Packers did.</P>

When you are the defending champ, and 15-1, at some point you believe everything people are writing about you. I really hope the Giants stay hungry, and dont' get overconfident against the 49ers.</P>

I'm sure the Pack will tighten up on defense. I expect them and the Eagles to make noise next year.</P>

Everyone who watched the game knows GB didnt give us their best effort. But the Gints gave their best. IMO playoffs are about momentum. I think Rodgers not playing for 3 weeks made a big difference.</P>

Totally.</P>

Some teams can take advantage of a bye, but other teams get out of sync.</P>

JMFP2
01-18-2012, 01:20 AM
We got humbled in this one. You guys hammered us in our own backyard. I admit losing to you guys isnt that bad cause at least we lost to a classy team.</P>

Last season, after the dreaded Eagles loss, the Giants stumbled into Green Bay and got killed......momentum and confidence are huge parts of the game.</P>

Lambeau12
01-18-2012, 01:26 AM
Unfortunately though you guys have knocked us out of the playoffs in Lambeau twice. No bitterness though. Giants deserved to win this game by 50 points. I knew I didnt want to see you guys again after week 13 and now you know why.

JMFP2
01-18-2012, 01:28 AM
Unfortunately though you guys have knocked us out of the playoffs in Lambeau twice. No bitterness though. Giants deserved to win this game by 50 points. I knew I didnt want to see you guys again after week 13 and now you know why.</P>

I'm sure you guys will patch up the defense and make another hard run at it.</P>

Lambeau12
01-18-2012, 01:39 AM
I dont know man. Capers is leaving for a HC job with Oakland I think. I dont see us ever beating you guys. Only way we win a super bowl is if we dont have to go through you guys.

jomo
01-18-2012, 01:48 AM
We got humbled in this one. You guys hammered us in our own backyard. I admit losing to you guys isnt that bad cause at least we lost to a classy team.</P>

Last season, after the dreaded Eagles loss, the Giants stumbled into Green Bay and got killed......momentum and confidence are huge parts of the game.</P>This is so true. What I remembered about last year's game was that we played pretty well coming off that emotional loss to the eagles but were no match for the Pack that day. Our gamein Lambeau fieldlast yearwas where they had their turnaround moment. I said that day, this team will be dangerous in the playoffs and sure enought.

GiantWarfare
01-18-2012, 02:09 AM

Dang bro, why so hard on your team? lol...

GB def DESERVED to be in the playoffs, because they earned it by going 15-1 in the regular season.

They just got beat by a team on a mission. Our team couldnt be denied that day.

Rodgers & Co will recover and be right back in title contention next year.

Anyways, good luck to you cheeseheads in said future, plenty of respect to the green and gold.

Lambeau12
01-18-2012, 02:35 AM
Sorry for being negative. This loss hurts so much dont know what to do with myself. It feels similar to what you guys felt after you lost to the Eagles last year when you blew that lead.

SweetZombieJesus
01-18-2012, 02:41 AM
We know what it's like to be the defending champs and blow the #1 seed at home, happened to us in 2008 (and worse in humiliating fashion to a hated division rival). It hurts... It send us into a tailslide, too -- 8-8 the next year, and then 10-6 but missed the playoffs the year after that...

But I think your team will be a conference power for years to come.

jjj45
01-18-2012, 02:47 AM
Sorry for being negative. This loss hurts so much dont know what to do with myself. It feels similar to what you guys felt after you lost to the Eagles last year when you blew that lead.uhh.........NO

sorry but nothing comes close to that loss for us. This one probably hurts a lot for you guys but the horror that happened that day at the meadowlands will probably never happen again.

Lambeau12
01-18-2012, 02:56 AM
Hey guys just dont whoop us next year like you did last Sunday. If there is one team that has our number its the Giants.

JMFP2
01-18-2012, 02:59 AM
I dont know man. Capers is leaving for a HC job with Oakland I think. I dont see us ever beating you guys. Only way we win a super bowl is if we dont have to go through you guys.</P>

Every year is a different deal. Green Bay would be a much improved defense with one more pass rusher to bookend Matthews.</P>

Plus Nick Collins makes a huge difference.</P>

Lambeau12
01-18-2012, 03:01 AM
JMF Collins has a neck injury that I think will end his career. I hope not though. Losing him really killed our defense and losing Cullen Jenkins and Barnett to free agency hurt alot.

GCGiant
01-18-2012, 07:48 AM
The Pack has a great team and unless they lose a lot of players to FA they will continue to be good. They did, however, get a little to over-confident and were starting to look like arrogant jerks.

The thing that I think is so strange is how well Eli handles Lambeau during the winter being he's a kid born in NO, LA.

brad
01-18-2012, 07:53 AM

probably going a little far say that GB didn't belong in the playoffs, nothing could be further from the truth. GB is a great team and will remain a great team for many years! Look forward to playing them again next year, a classy team with classy fans.

jhamburg
01-18-2012, 08:14 AM

You guys get to have maybe the best QB in the league for another 8-10 years, things could be worse.

Then again, so do we [b]

Lambeau12
01-18-2012, 12:28 PM
We play next year in the meadowlands at your house. The Pack seems to play alot better there then at home against you guys. Still you guys beat us when it counts. I am rooting for you guys to go all the way.

galaxy10
01-18-2012, 12:37 PM
We play next year in the meadowlands at your house. The Pack seems to play alot better there then at home against you guys. Still you guys beat us when it counts. I am rooting for you guys to go all the way.

Thanx for your support. I do not agree that you guys will go 8 and 8 next year. You will have some trouble keeping all of your guys though, as does every team. You guys are a solid and talented team. You will be good for years to come. Count on it.

G-Man67
01-18-2012, 12:47 PM
yeah you guys might take a step back next year and go 13-3 :) ... not feeling too bad ... it's very hard to repeat ... thanks for the congrats!

Lambeau12
01-18-2012, 12:50 PM
Also thanks for being gracious winners. Much appreciated.

buffyblue
01-18-2012, 01:03 PM
You guys have a good front office over there and they will adjust and you will have a contender for the next few seasons.

It is probable that NY Giants and Green Bay Packers will meet again in the playoffs. If they do and it is in Giants Stadium you just send me a message if you want to go and I will make sure you and yours have a great time visiting us. You have a classy team with classy hometown fans.

I bELIeve.

Spedracer
01-18-2012, 01:04 PM
Way to be a man and eat crow publicly...per se.

Playing as a team is key, and the guys in Packers secondary that were during last years run just didn't have it this time. Peprah, Shields, and especially Woodson.

burier
01-18-2012, 01:11 PM

I mean....???

Ok pretty much your team is pretty good. 15-1 right?

You have a top 5 quarterback and good recivers. You've got some good plays on defense. You prolly don't want to hear it now but the sky is not falling.

Roger and Eli are going to be a very heated rivalry for the next several years so that's going to be exciting. Eli takes round 1. We'll see what happens next.

JJC7301
01-18-2012, 03:17 PM
We know what it's like to be the defending champs and blow the #1 seed at home, happened to us in 2008 (and worse in humiliating fashion to a hated division rival). It hurts... It send us into a tailslide, too -- 8-8 the next year, and then 10-6 but missed the playoffs the year after that...

But I think your team will be a conference power for years to come.
</P>

Yeah, that hurt. Winning the SB and having the best year and record in the conference. Even after losing Strahan, Osi, Shockey, and Plax. And to loseto the Eagles at home with home field all the way through.</P>

Trust us -- we <U>know</U> how you feel. </P>

JJC7301
01-18-2012, 03:18 PM
Way to be a man and eat crow publicly...per se. Playing as a team is key, and the guys in Packers secondary that were during last years run just didn't have it this time. Peprah, Shields, and especially Woodson.</P>

You need a # 1 RB, too. Ryan Grant has never been that great. Just my opinion. He's the type of runner that will only beat poor / average defenses, but they could use a real top talent RB.</P>

We'll see how the playoffs wrap up for us. We may need a new # 1 RB as well.</P>