PDA

View Full Version : My experience at Candlestick as a Giants fan.

FresnoGiant
01-18-2012, 12:01 AM
After reading the post by a Saints fan on their experience, I'm not sure what to think. Don't know if I believe it or if that stuff could have really all happened.

Earlier this season I posted after going to the Giants/9ers game in SF. Had a great experience myself. Group of five of us and three were giants fans. There were literally thousands of Gmen fans there and we had no problems. Save for one drunk guy behind us. He was more annoying than anything though.

We trash-talked as is common at any live sporting event. But never at any point did we feel like we were in danger. Even while tailgating we had no problems.

Been to three Giants games at the Stick and all went off without any problems. Please don't think that you will experience what the previous poster described. We will be there this Sunday again and I hope as many fans as last time can turn out and support our team.

GO GIANTS.

frantlj
01-18-2012, 01:15 AM
I, too, am a NYG fan in the Bay Area (one hour north of SF) and was at that game as well. I could not believe all the Giants fans at the game and it was one of the best experiences I've ever had at a game (with the exception of the final score). I was saddened to read about the Saints fan experience and can only hope they increase their security for this week. The stadium is a pit in a very bad neighborhood but I have never felt unsafe at any time at the several Giants/Niners games I've attended over the years. I can't believe that too many gang bangers will pay the going price for a ticket this week. I have lived in both New York City and San Francisco and both are world class cities I have felt fortunate to be a resident of. The Giants/Niners have a rich playoff history between each other and I'm looking forward to another great game this Sunday!

GO GIANTS!!!!!

TheCatchIII
01-18-2012, 01:40 AM
As much as I'd love for you Giant fans to stay home on Sunday, the Stick is fine.

The cost of tickets, traffic and parking though....that's a *****.....

So...stay home...PLEASE!!!!

Diamondring
01-18-2012, 01:51 AM
Sometimes, we shouldn't go by what one person said because there could have been other fans fans like him or her with different experience

loaded30
01-18-2012, 01:55 AM
Sometimes, we shouldn't go by what one person said because there could have been other fans fans like him or her with different experienceYou have to remember that its a huge stadium. Sections must be different in that respect.

GMENAGAIN
01-18-2012, 07:34 AM
I think the thread by the "saints fan" is completely bogus . . . there is no way all of that stuff happened . . . .