PDA

View Full Version : Giants and the Smack Talk

KillaRich
01-18-2012, 02:36 AM
I really think they need to chill out...the occasional shot or 2 of confidence was ok...but they are starting to get to the jets level of arrogance and that really pisses me off....cmon guys just play the game then talk </P>

GO GIANTS!</P>

calzonesays
01-18-2012, 04:04 AM
they have all the right to. they are peaking at the right time and the defense has been on fire. they are actually backing up their talk as opposed to the Jets who always seem to end up eating their words (kinda like their coach eats cheeseburgers)

swordfish
01-18-2012, 06:36 AM
Where do you see smack talk, they are praising the heck out of the 49ers, now on the other hand our team "VD" did not pray to play the 49ers, as Rolle said, it does not matter who we play, we fear no one, this game is going to be over quick by half time, GMen by 21+. Book it.

CTLadyBlue
01-18-2012, 06:47 AM
I really think they need to chill out...the occasional shot or 2 of confidence was ok...but they are starting to get to the jets level of arrogance and that really pisses me off....cmon guys just play the game then talk </P>

GO GIANTS!</P>

Apples and oranges, dude. You can't compare Rex 'Big Mouth' Ryan proclaiming in July that the Jets are gonna win the Superbowl this year to the Giants feeling confident after demolishing the defending champs.

And no one on the team is dissing the 49ers or predicting victory. That Rolle comment in the papers yesterday was blown WAY out of proportion. If you read his quote on the back page of The Post (or Daily News) he said, "IN OUR MINDS, We Can't Be Beat' Meaning.....they're feeling as if they can't be beat right now - not coming out and stating that the 49ers are definitely not going to beat them.

bLuereverie
01-18-2012, 06:51 AM
Rex talks in preseason.
Giants talk in postseason.

The most audacious was Boley. I find absolutely nothing wrong with Antrel's latest statements.

"We wouldn't say we're unstoppable but our mindset is extreme at this point and we're not going to be denied," Rolle continued. "That's our mindset. In our minds, we can't be beat."

If Rolle believes he is manbearpig in his mind and it helps him play lights out, then by all means let him believe that.

jomo
01-18-2012, 07:22 AM

GO GIANTS!</P>I haven't seen the smack talk. They have nothing but praise for the Niners. Disrespecting the oponent is what I consider smack talk (and the Jets led by their loud mouth big bellied coach specialize in that). They have shown overt confidence in themselves which is a little different than the past but this is a different group than the past. I worry about this talking to the media becoming a distraction or going over the top as well but so far I am OK with it.

buddy33
01-18-2012, 07:48 AM
So what have they said that would be considered smack talk?