PDA

View Full Version : Is Da'Rel Scott playing this week? Beckum is my new star of the future- those 2

BParcells777
01-18-2012, 10:26 AM
I've back low draft players in the past like Victor Cruz and Chase Blackburn and gotten laughed off this board (and Sportswrath too).

Believe me when I tell you these 2 guys are going to be awesome going down the road.

miked1958
01-18-2012, 10:30 AM
I've back low draft players in the past like Victor Cruz and Chase Blackburn and gotten laughed off this board (and Sportswrath too).

Believe me when I tell you these 2 guys are going to be awesome going down the road.

I doubt Scott will be active if Ware, BJ and AB are all healthy. However. Coaches may choose to Sit Beckum if they feel it will be mostly a Running Affair due to the Weather and just have D.Scott Dressed just in case. ...

jhamburg
01-18-2012, 10:31 AM
I have a soft spot for guys like Chase but if you think he's a superstar I'll still laugh you off the board now.

Sundown
01-18-2012, 10:32 AM
I really hope Herz can play. We need all the big LB available for run stuffing

Kruunch
01-18-2012, 10:42 AM

I don't believe either Cruz or Blackburn were drafted.

Beckum is turning out to be a bust as a TE imo ... too slow and big for a WR and too small and soft for the blocking duties of a real TE.

Basically he's a lumpy receiver who's easy to cover.

Scott is too new to rate yet and I also hope he materializes (he has a lot of upside). Unfortunately you just never know till you know.

Great article on Blackburn's story this year: http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/null/2012/01/5040938/giants-bring-back-chase-blackburn-ohio-schoolteacher-fix-their-lineback

BlueSanta
01-18-2012, 10:45 AM
Only way Scott sees the field is if there are multiple injuries.

He has a fumble problem. He has 5 carries on the season, he put the ball on the ground 2 of those 5 times.

No way he touches the ball. TC wont stand for turnovers.

BParcells777
01-18-2012, 10:50 AM

Beckum is turning out to be a bust as a TE imo ... too slow and big for a WR and too small and soft for the blocking duties of a real TE.

Scott is too new to rate yet and I also hope he materializes (he has a lot of upside). Unfortunately you just never know till you know.

Great article on Blackburn's story this year: http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/null/2012/01/5040938/giants-bring-back-chase-blackburn-ohio-schoolteacher-fix-their-lineback

I like hearing that........Blackburn had the same tags, and Cruz was declared a one game wonder
I see differently than you do......no Blackburn is not a Superstar but since he was plugged in our season turned around......he stiffened the middle considerably. If he is allowed to continue in the starting lineup next year he could eventually make all pro alternate perhaps....you need guys like Chase with brains and brutal tactics....think a slightly slower Urlacher.....although at Urlachers age they might be equal now.

As for Beckum he has good hands and his moves for YAC are Cruz like

giantsfan420
01-18-2012, 10:55 AM

I like hearing that........Blackburn had the same tags, and Cruz was declared a one game wonder
I see differently than you do......no Blackburn is not a Superstar but since he was plugged in our season turned around......he stiffened the middle considerably.* If he is allowed to continue in the starting lineup next year he could eventually make all pro alternate perhaps....you need guys like Chase with brains and brutal tactics....think a slightly slower Urlacher.....although at Urlachers age they might be equal now.

wow did u really just say blackburn and urlacher are equal??lmfao. no offense man, but i never knew of some one so clueless who thinks so much of himself. is it some sort of joke or like role u play for kicks? is that why people call u "jak"?

BParcells777
01-18-2012, 10:59 AM

I see differently than you do......no Blackburn is not a Superstar but since he was plugged in our season turned around......he stiffened the middle considerably. If he is allowed to continue in the starting lineup next year he could eventually make all pro alternate perhaps....you need guys like Chase with brains and brutal tactics....think a slightly slower Urlacher.....although at Urlachers age they might be equal now.

wow did u really just say blackburn and urlacher are equal??lmfao. no offense man, but i never knew of some one so clueless who thinks so much of himself. is it some sort of joke or like role u play for kicks? is that why people call u "jak"?

You heard it here.........Urlacher is getting pretty long in the tooth and sitting on the couch.......Blackburn is MLBer of the next SB Champions....I'm not talking about Urlacher 7 yrs ago.....I'm talking about the present day edition

giantsfan420
01-18-2012, 11:07 AM

I see differently than you do......no Blackburn is not a Superstar but since he was plugged in our season turned around......he stiffened the middle considerably.* If he is allowed to continue in the starting lineup next year he could eventually make all pro alternate perhaps....you need guys like Chase with brains and brutal tactics....think a slightly slower Urlacher.....although at Urlachers age they might be equal now.

You heard it here.........Urlacher is getting pretty long in the tooth and sitting on the couch.......Blackburn is MLBer of the next SB Champions....I'm not talking about Urlacher 7 yrs ago.....I'm talking about the present day edition

again, no offense, but what i hear from u i generally believe the opposite to be true. u've made so many predictions this season it aint even funny.

one week we're def. super bowl champs, then next week its time to get rid of the staff...when u make so many predictions ur gonna get a few right. again no offense intended. still find it hilarious u say blackburn and urlacher are equals. im happy with blackburns play, but my god man...are u canadian?

jhamburg
01-18-2012, 11:07 AM

Have to agree with you there. Urlacher will be out of the league one way or the other very soon. Guys with his age and injury history do not last long. There's probably 30 ILBs I would take over him right now.

Kruunch
01-18-2012, 11:13 AM

Beckum has one catch in his NFL CAREER with substantial YAC (his TD catch this year). Not exactly something I'd pin my hopes on.

Blackburn is our Rudy ... awesome ST guy and a great LB coming off the bench. He's not a full time starter and our defense coming back around had a crap ton more to do with Boley and Osi coming back then us re-signing Blackburn. I love Blackburn's motor and attitude ... but he's not a starting LB of the future (although I'd keep him around just for ST and depth personally). Oh and Urlacher (now) could run backwards faster then Blackburn can run forwards (one of the big knocks on Blackburn ... his speed).

jomo
01-18-2012, 11:19 AM

Were you high on just Cruz and Blackburn or were guys like Sinorice Moss and Anthony Mix and all those mediocre LB's also on your list? Trying to figure out whether you are a true genius or just smart [:D].</P>

Da'Rel I'm good with.</P>

Are you talking about Beckum or Blackburn? I've got one yes and one no there.</P>

</P>

BParcells777
01-18-2012, 11:28 AM
White LBers are generally dis-respected on here....I get it

Without Blackburn we would be sitting there with Brian Urlacher on the couch

I heard David Deihl on his Sirius show last night talking about how Blackburn has toughened the D and gets people in position to make plays

Sorry but I do respect David's opinion over yours LOL

jhamburg
01-18-2012, 11:32 AM
White LBers are generally dis-respected on here....I get it>

LOL, you should be in the troll HOF Jack...

JMFP2
01-18-2012, 11:34 AM
Only way Scott sees the field is if there are multiple injuries.

He has a fumble problem. He has 5 carries on the season, he put the ball on the ground 2 of those 5 times.

No way he touches the ball. TC wont stand for turnovers.

Agreed...I was high on this kid's potential; I still am. But after seeing him handle the ball, no way can I see Coughlin trusting him in the NFCCG against a team the needs to create turnovers like the 49ers.

BParcells777
01-18-2012, 11:37 AM
White LBers are generally dis-respected on here....I get it&gt;

will I be sitting beside you? why if Blackburn is so slow is he always the 1st guy downfield to make the bone crushing tackle on kick offs? Is he using a disguised Seguey with military cloacking technology?

The reason is he sees the whole field and takes the path most likely to be the same one as the runners

jhamburg
01-18-2012, 11:39 AM
White LBers are generally dis-respected on here....I get it>

will I be sitting beside you?** why if Blackburn is so slow is he always the 1st guy downfield to make the bone crushing tackle on kick offs?* Is he using a disguised Seguey with military cloacking technology?

The reason is he sees the whole field and takes the path most likely to be the same one as the runners

Like I said, I like Chase, I'm thrilled that he's back on the team. He's just flat out not as good as somebody like Boley though. Race has nothing to do with it and you know it.

BParcells777
01-18-2012, 11:43 AM
Boley is an outside LBer......WTF are we talking about here

Would Baas then make a better QB than Eli??? LOL

jhamburg
01-18-2012, 11:46 AM

Would Baas then make a better QB than Eli???* LOL

Right, because linemen and QBs have as much in common as linebackers do with other linebackers...

BParcells777
01-18-2012, 11:49 AM

Would Baas then make a better QB than Eli??? LOL

Right, because linemen and QBs have as much in common as linebackers do with other linebackers...

I would not want little Michael Boley as my MLBer......you have to be a beast to play MLBer effectively

G-Man67
01-18-2012, 12:11 PM
gotta love Blackburn ... classic overachiever ... and he was great on STs for us, however, I doubt anyone is thinking that he should be our starting MLB next year ... as far as Scott, he's had fumbling issues and the weather is going to make it even harder to hold the ball, so I don't see him being dressed for the game

Beckum has had a few catches as of late, but he has been with us a few years and hasn't been a big contributor on O or STs, so the jury is still out on him ... I think TE is an area that we try hard to upgrade in the offseason