PDA

View Full Version : Bad weather will favor the Giants

JMFP2
01-18-2012, 10:39 AM
I keep hearing all this talk about the rain making this a running game.

Bull****.

If the weather is bad, it plays to Eli's strengths.....he's got a Tom Brady quality to him in that he handles bad weather well.

If you look at Brady and the Patriots, when the weather sucks, they air it out.....defenders lose a step of reaction time, whereas receivers know where the play is going.

For an example, last season the Patriots just killed the Bears, at Chicago, in a snow storm.

Bottom line is the Giants have more offensive weapons than the 49ers, and the edge goes to the offense, and to the QB that has the confidence to make the throws.

jomo
01-18-2012, 10:45 AM
Parcells says that bad weather favors the better team and that team is the New York Football GIANTS!!

JMFP2
01-18-2012, 10:50 AM
Parcells says that bad weather favors the better team and that team is the New York Football GIANTS!!

Bad weather ups the pressure on the QB.

I like that matchup.

jomo
01-18-2012, 10:51 AM
Parcells says that bad weather favors the better team and that team is the New York Football GIANTS!! Bad weather ups the pressure on the QB. I like that matchup.It does and I like that, don't you? [;)]</P>

Everyone says it will slow down our receivers as if it won't slow down the defensive backs lol.</P>

Joe Morrison
01-18-2012, 10:55 AM
Parcells says that bad weather favors the better team and that team is the New York Football GIANTS!! Bad weather ups the pressure on the QB. I like that matchup.It does and I like that, don't you? [;)]</P>

Everyone says it will slow down our receivers as if it won't slow down the defensive backs lol.</P>

</P>

You have it right, the offense has a big advantage on a slick, snowy or icy field, the recievers know where they are going and the Dbacks are going to slip up more time than the recievers, let it rain, Eli will have a field day.</P>

JMFP2
01-18-2012, 10:55 AM

Agreed.....the last thing I'd want to do is have to cover Victor Cruz on a muddy field.

lttaylor56
01-18-2012, 10:58 AM

Agreed.....the last thing I'd want to do is have to cover Victor Cruz on a muddy field.We saw Victor Cruz last night at a signing. He said that he injured his calf when he was under that pile in GB recovering the fumble. I'm sure he'll be fine, just saying.

jomo
01-18-2012, 10:59 AM

Everyone says it will slow down our receivers as if it won't slow down the defensive backs lol.</P> Agreed.....the last thing I'd want to do is have to cover Victor Cruz on a muddy field.One slip = TD. That is alot of pressure on the defense. I think their response has to be to soften up the coverage and contain our receivers. Playing us in press coverage all over the place will work nicely in our favor! Go Blue!![B]

galaxy10
01-18-2012, 11:02 AM
Parcells says that bad weather favors the better team and that team is the New York Football GIANTS!! Bad weather ups the pressure on the QB. I like that matchup.It does and I like that, don't you? [;)]</p>

Everyone says it will slow down our receivers as if it won't slow down the defensive backs lol.</p>

Agreed.....the last thing I'd want to do is have to cover Victor Cruz on a muddy field.

I have been thinking the same thing. I think the weather will favor the game outcome with the differrential in the QB play which clearly favors the G-Men. Eli plays well in bad weather. Not sure how our receivers will do however. If the field is really bad, I think I would adjust accordingly and not play much man to man defense or just use a more hybrid defense of some zone and man to man. I hope Fewell comes to play. G-Men win +7 my prediction

JMFP2
01-18-2012, 11:08 AM
Parcells says that bad weather favors the better team and that team is the New York Football GIANTS!! Bad weather ups the pressure on the QB. I like that matchup.It does and I like that, don't you? [;)]</p>

Everyone says it will slow down our receivers as if it won't slow down the defensive backs lol.</p>

I have been thinking the same thing.* I think the weather will favor the game outcome with the differrential in the QB play which clearly favors the G-Men. Eli plays well in bad weather.* Not sure how our receivers will do however. If the field is really bad, I think I would adjust accordingly and not play much man to man defense or just use a more hybrid defense of some zone and man to man. I hope Fewell comes to play.* G-Men win** +7* my prediction

One thing people always praise Eli on is preparation. You know he's preparing for a crappy surface.

Granted, this is the 49ers home field, so they will understand the surface better than anyone....but I still think bad weather separates the great QBs from the good ones.

RoanokeFan
01-18-2012, 11:08 AM

+1

VegasGmen
01-18-2012, 11:10 AM
With the slick conditions I'm just worried of the timing between Eli and the recievers especially on crossing routes. The wr's won't be running at top spped in and out of cuts. Maybe it will become more of a vertical game with alot of slants. I do believe we will have an advantage with our skill players.

buddy33
01-18-2012, 11:12 AM
If it rains as hard as they say it might both teams will just have to deal with it. I don't see the home team having an advantage. With the way it's supposed to rain both teams will be playing on a field they are not used to seeing.

G-Man67
01-18-2012, 11:15 AM
i don't agree that bad weather helps the Giants or even that it helps the better team

bad weather introduces more variables into the equation ... there will certainly be turnovers and the team that wins that battle will probably win the game

finally, i think there is an advantage to being the home team in bad weather ... momentum will be even more important and the crowd can feed any momentum

having said that ... let's WIN baby!!!! ... come on, these opportunities are so rare, we gotta do whatever we gotta do to win it!!!

firstgamein49
01-18-2012, 11:34 AM
Didn't it rain most of the 1st half against the Falcons? We did ok then.

MikeIsaGiant
01-18-2012, 11:36 AM
It's still wednesday, I don't believe they know the weather outcomes this quickly

miked1958
01-18-2012, 11:38 AM

Agreed.....the last thing I'd want to do is have to cover Victor Cruz on a muddy field.</P>

you know i didnt look at it this way guys. I am feeling a little better now about our chances on a sloppy field</P>

BigBlue D
01-18-2012, 11:41 AM
I heard Bayless saying that the weather will effect the "big play" teams the most, but I don't agree. I think Cruz and Nicks have great hands and Eli has great pocket presence and accuracy in bad weather..

More than anything, I think it will effect both D Lines in pressuring the QB (not having that foot hold in the grass and trying to explode off the edge). With that said I think the Giants fare better in this one, but it will be a close one. LETS GO BLUE!

G-Man67
01-18-2012, 11:44 AM
Didn't it rain most of the 1st half against the Falcons? We did ok then.

right, but the field was fine and the rain was lite and the wind wasn't bad

several days straight of rain on a grass field that sits below sea level is going to create a total mud bowl and traction will be seriously affected

plus, the wind could come into play and that affects QBs more than anything ... any non-perfect spiral will be blown off course and while Eli has a very strong arm ... he isn't known for perfect spirals ... then if he can't plant like normal due the the traction, well you get it ... i mean look at GB, they claimed their timing was a little off ... bad conditions can seriously affect timing

the empire
01-18-2012, 11:58 AM
Hey morons please tell me how bad weather and playing conditions benefits the visiting team that's not used to it? Especially against a defense that's one of the best at creating turn overs..sounds like fumble mania for the giants..do I really have to explain why new England does good in the snow? Also where was this top offense when we beat you guys the first time? Did the giants have turnover then in great weather conditions?I predict this will be a blow out..niners will win by a hefty amount of points.

RonJon
01-18-2012, 11:59 AM
Updated weather forecast now calls for intermittent showers rahter than steady rain and 60% chance of precipitation rather than 70% chance. Stay tuned

BigBlue D
01-18-2012, 12:01 PM
Hey morons please tell me how bad weather and playing conditions benefits the visiting team that's not used to it?

I didn't know it snows in the bay area..? And I didn't know rain was exclusive to that area either. How can the 9ers benefit from weather when both teams are constantly exposed to the rain? It seems to me that the Giants are exposed to more of the elements than your 9ers. Explain that one..

buddy33
01-18-2012, 12:02 PM
Actually the Patriots should have lost in the snow to the Raiders had it not been for the tuck rule.

The kind of weather they are talking about will not favor the home team either unless you te me they played like that this year and even then, it's not common so I don't see the home team being able to play better on a sloppy field.

richieward
01-18-2012, 12:07 PM
Let it rain- we are battle tested!! Hope we can get that running game going sooner than later! Go GMEN!!

JMGGIANTS
01-18-2012, 12:08 PM
Hey morons please tell me how bad weather and playing conditions benefits the visiting team that's not used to it? Especially against a defense that's one of the best at creating turn overs..sounds like fumble mania for the giants..do I really have to explain why new England does good in the snow? Also where was this top offense when we beat you guys the first time? Did the giants have turnover then in great weather conditions?I predict this will be a blow out..niners will win by a hefty amount of points.</P>

It is just outright rude that you would address our fan base as Hey morons? You are acting like the moron because anyone should know that it doesn't have much to do with who is home team or not. For example if one team is much faster than the other the poor field conditions nuetralizes the speed like in you D'Line...get it?</P>

So you think creating turnovers is going to be the same on a muddy disgraceful field like in Candlestick Park? Ithink not butI do know thatyour team is the only NFL team still playing on a freaking 50 yr. old baseball field. </P>

A blowout, just like the first game LOL. Eli is miles better than Alex Smith who didn't throw for one 300 yrd game. Then our WR's are much better than yours...Vernon Smith is your only threat. Crabtree drops balls like hot potatoes.</P>

BTW the sloppy conditions will hurt the guy you depend on the most, your kicker so good luck. You did a fine job of making yourself look like a very unknowledgable fan.</P>

pino
01-18-2012, 12:12 PM
Since both teams have to deal with bad weather, I agree it's going to be the better team that wins.

Both teams know how to play D, and both teams have power running backs, but at some point you have to throw the ball. That's where I think the Giants stand out, rain or no rain.

buddy33
01-18-2012, 12:47 PM
At some point they will have to throw and if Eli has problems then you can be sure Smith will too.

JJC7301
01-18-2012, 12:53 PM
I keep hearing all this talk about the rain making this a running game. Bull****. If the weather is bad, it plays to Eli's strengths.....he's got a Tom Brady quality to him in that he handles bad weather well. If you look at Brady and the Patriots, when the weather sucks, they air it out.....defenders lose a step of reaction time, whereas receivers know where the play is going. For an example, last season the Patriots just killed the Bears, at Chicago, in a snow storm. Bottom line is the Giants have more offensive weapons than the 49ers, and the edge goes to the offense, and to the QB that has the confidence to make the throws.</P>

I hope you're right because as this week goes by, I'm getting more and more uncertain about things but I still feel good about our chances overall.</P>

JJC7301
01-18-2012, 01:01 PM
Hey morons please tell me how bad weather and playing conditions benefits the visiting team that's not used to it? Especially against a defense that's one of the best at creating turn overs..sounds like fumble mania for the giants..do I really have to explain why new England does good in the snow? Also where was this top offense when we beat you guys the first time? Did the giants have turnover then in great weather conditions?I predict this will be a blow out..niners will win by a hefty amount of points.</P>

Well, good for you. Your team did beat us in the middle of the season; they had a 13-3 regular season record; they were VERY consistent on both sides of the ball; they are probably the most physical team in the NFC if not the entire NFL; very good coach; and a QB that has finally developed into a solid starter; you went 4-1 against eventual playoff teams during your schedule (including us); you just won a historic game against the much feared N.O. Saints; AND you have home field advantage.</P>

I love my team's chances, but this is all on your team. It's the 49ers to lose, so you'd better hope they don't lose it. After everything that you accomplished this year, what a tragic ending it would be to SF's season. <FONT color=#ff0000>The Giants? They're just the gang-that-can't-shoot-straight that just got lucky and whose bumbling QB stayed away from INTs long enough to actually win a few meaningless games. This year's 49ers are real warriors like I haven't seen since the '85 Bears -- you're just completely dominating, so it's all yours to lose. Good luck!</FONT></P>

the empire
01-18-2012, 01:01 PM
No it doesn't snow in san Francisco never said it did. Or did I say rain is exclusive to our area but I did state playing conditions so unless giants stadium is at sea level with a bay and only 100 yards away from it where even on nice days the ground is muddy and soggy than like I said how will the conditions benefit a visiting team not used to it? Explain.
And to the other guy yeah I said hey morons I call it how I see it,you took offense so I guess that's your own insecurities. Never said the meeting this year was a blow out but this one will be

GameTime
01-18-2012, 01:08 PM

It great when opposing trollers come on here and call the home town fans morons because they think their team will win...</P>

Thats says all that needs to be said about you "empire"......Thinking the Giants will win... then I guess I am a moron.</P>

Guess that just makes you a ****head.......</P>

BigBlue D
01-18-2012, 01:33 PM
No it doesn't snow in san Francisco never said it did. Or did I say rain is exclusive to our area but I did state playing conditions so unless giants stadium is at sea level with a bay and only 100 yards away from it where even on nice days the ground is muddy and soggy than like I said how will the conditions benefit a visiting team not used to it? Explain.
And to the other guy yeah I said hey morons I call it how I see it,you took offense so I guess that's your own insecurities. Never said the meeting this year was a blow out but this one will be

Its actually above sea level: Source from 49ers website (http://www.49ers.com/stadium/facts-trivia.html)
"The field is 13.75' above sea-level, refuting the myth that the playing surface is under sea-level."

Maybe you should educate yourself on your team before shooting your mouth.

If you think a little mud is going to impact the Giants without effecting the 9ers as well you're on something or just idiotic. They will both have the same depth of spikes, same player gloves, same jersey fabrics. So how do they have the advantage?

You're a fool. Go back to your broken down message board and leave the intelligent talk to those who are capable.

leetchy2
01-18-2012, 02:04 PM
FWIW, I'm a meteorologist and have been looking at the computer models for this upcoming weekend in San Fran. While there is a large batch of rain arriving Thursday night and continuing into Saturday, it looks like the rain is gone by Saturday evening and that Sunday should turn out OK. Right now the probability of precipitation during Sunday's game is only about 15%, and it looks like the wind will diminish during Sunday as well to under 10 mph by game time.

So I think if they cover the field the rest of this week, playing conditions may be just fine for Sunday's game.

the empire
01-18-2012, 02:11 PM

Its actually above sea level: Source from 49ers website (http://www.49ers.com/stadium/facts-trivia.html)
"The field is 13.75' above sea-level, refuting the myth that the playing surface is under sea-level."

Maybe you should educate yourself on your team before shooting your mouth.

If you think a little mud is going to impact the Giants without effecting the 9ers as well you're on something or just idiotic. They will both have the same depth of spikes, same player gloves, same jersey fabrics. So how do they have the advantage?

You're a fool. Go back to your broken down message board and leave the intelligent talk to those who are capable.

so candlestick never floods because its so high above sea level and because everybody has on the same gear than that means they can instantly adapt to those conditions of playing there. i mean who cares that one team plays there once a year most of the time if that and the other has all their homegames there. you are right no advantages for the niners,matter of fact to go with the topic of this particular forum the giants have the advantage because of the weather.

please shoot yourself sir

the empire
01-18-2012, 02:13 PM

Well, good for you.* Your team did beat us in the middle of the season; they had a 13-3 regular season record; they were VERY consistent on both sides of the ball; they are probably the most physical team in the NFC if not the entire NFL; very good coach; and a QB that has finally developed into a solid starter; you went 4-1 against eventual playoff teams during your schedule (including us); you just won a historic game against the much feared N.O. Saints; AND you have home field advantage.</P>

I love my team's chances, but this is all on your team.* It's the 49ers to lose, so you'd better hope they don't lose it.* After everything that you accomplished this year, what a tragic ending it would be to SF's season.* <FONT color=#ff0000>The Giants?* They're just the gang-that-can't-shoot-straight that just got lucky and whose bumbling QB stayed away from INTs long enough to actually win a few meaningless games.* This year's 49ers are real warriors like I haven't seen since the '85 Bears -- you're just completely dominating, so it's all yours to lose.* Good luck!</FONT></P>

and that was an outstanding game you guys had against the packers. even with those key bad calls made against you guys and you still prevailed by a nice score difference. its great 2 underdogs have made it to this point to face eachother...good luck aswell

DragonSoul
01-18-2012, 02:17 PM
I keep hearing all this talk about the rain making this a running game.

Bull****.

If the weather is bad, it plays to Eli's strengths.....he's got a Tom Brady quality to him in that he handles bad weather well.

If you look at Brady and the Patriots, when the weather sucks, they air it out.....defenders lose a step of reaction time, whereas receivers know where the play is going.

For an example, last season the Patriots just killed the Bears, at Chicago, in a snow storm.

Bottom line is the Giants have more offensive weapons than the 49ers, and the edge goes to the offense, and to the QB that has the confidence to make the throws.If its fairly windy it could be a problem

Denaliman316
01-18-2012, 02:31 PM
Last week in Lambeau they put warm water into field before the game. Then it the wind froze the field so it became slick. Miami off all teams beat Buffalo in the snow and Carolina beat Jacksonville in a mudslide game.

leetchy2
01-18-2012, 02:51 PM
The rain and wind will be gone by Saturday night. Sunday's game conditions should be fine.

derekunion28
01-19-2012, 06:22 PM
derekunion28 also on twitter

Voldamort
01-19-2012, 06:54 PM
ENOUGH WITH THE WEATHER ELI AND THE GIANTS ARE GOING TO PLAY GREAT AND WIN! 28-17

billbird2111
01-19-2012, 07:26 PM

Actually, you're not listening. If you really do get the kind of weather that Candlemistake Park can deliver, neither QB will be effective. Not Eli. Not Alex Smith.

Did you know that the winds at Candlemistake park are famous for blowing pitchers off the pitcher's mound? They can and they have. Google it. It happened during an All-Star game of all things.

Do any of you wonder why we call our own home Candlemistake Park? Get it? Because someone made a BIG mistake by putting it in a wind tunnel.

Fierce winds turn bullet passes into fluttering fluffballs. I've seen touch passes blown 20 yards into a backfield. If the wind is blowing like it's forecast to blow? You'll see Eli and Alex underthrow a bunch of receivers during one quarter of play -- then overthrow them during the next quarter of play when teams switch sides.

Understand? It doesn't matter who covers Victor Cruz. If the winds are blowing as hard as they can blow, a ball won't get within 20 yards of Victor Cruz or any other receiver for that matter (Giants or 49ers).

This is all going to come down to the running game. Both the Giants and 49ers have excellent running games.

But the 49ers have a better run defense. That will be our edge in a close and sloppy game.