PDA

View Full Version : 4 Games / 80 for 125 / 64% COMP / 8 TD's / 2 INT's / 105.6 QB Rating

RobCarpenter
10-02-2011, 11:35 PM
<FONT color=#ff0000>This guy is justterrible, can we get rid of him already? LMAO</FONT>

TuckYou
10-02-2011, 11:36 PM
Dont jinx him!

BigBlueIsNumber1
10-02-2011, 11:37 PM
Forgot the most important stat of all with Eli. Win Win Win!!!!

BigBlueIsNumber1
10-02-2011, 11:37 PM

Diamondring
10-02-2011, 11:39 PM
<FONT color=#ff0000>This guy is justterrible, can we get rid of him already? LMAO</FONT><FONT color=#ff0000>He has bad mechanics and declining skills.</FONT>

RobCarpenter
Btw, Rivers has 5 TD's with 6 INT's and Big Ben has 3 TD's with 5 INT's.</P>

bELIeve_in_Giants
I hope he can stay in the top 5 or close to it just to counteract all of that ridicule he got in the preseason for his comments.

Diamondring
He keeps on playing smart ball and we will win. Can't win if he is playing bad.

RobCarpenter
10-02-2011, 11:40 PM
<FONT color=#ff0000>This guy is justterrible, can we get rid of him already? LMAO</FONT><FONT color=#ff0000>He has bad mechanics and declining skills.</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>...and he doesn't throw a pretty spiral!</FONT></P>

Axels15
10-02-2011, 11:41 PM
Dont jinx him!

+1

ELI SUCKS!

TuckYou
10-02-2011, 11:41 PM
<FONT color=#ff0000>This guy is justterrible, can we get rid of him already? LMAO</FONT><FONT color=#ff0000>He has bad mechanics and declining skills.</FONT></P>

</P>

Actually that last one shouldnt be in red.</P>

DragonSoul
10-02-2011, 11:42 PM
I hope he can stay in the top 5 or close to it just to counteract all of that ridicule he got in the preseason for his comments.Wont matter. Haters are gonna hate. Simple as that. Once you realize that, everything else is easier.

giantsfan420
10-02-2011, 11:43 PM
<FONT color=#ff0000>This guy is just*terrible, can we get rid of him already?* LMAO</FONT><FONT color=#ff0000>He has bad mechanics and declining skills.</FONT></P>

</P>

could have fooled me, he was throwing accurate, well thrown passes. that td to nicks was a beautiful spiral, lmao, is this really happening? am i having to defend the spiral he throws too? lol i have to think ur just kidding around

RobCarpenter
10-02-2011, 11:46 PM

</P>

</P>

Na, it's red to point our how superficial and ridiculous of a concern that is.</P>

</P>

Diamondring
10-02-2011, 11:47 PM

</P>

Actually that last one shouldnt be in red.</P> could have fooled me, he was throwing accurate, well thrown passes. that td to nicks was a beautiful spiral, lmao, is this really happening? am i having to defend the spiral he throws too? lol i have to think ur just kidding aroundYeah he forgot to put it in red.

myles2424
10-02-2011, 11:48 PM
Right when I was getting comfortable with the idea of throwing away our whole season to ensure we have the 1st overall pick, so we can get Luck because Eli is such a P-O-S....He goes &amp; plays like this.......Oh well...</P>

bELIeve_in_Giants
10-02-2011, 11:58 PM
Someone remind me - does the 8 TD's include the rushing one in week one?

BurnerNYG
10-02-2011, 11:59 PM
Right when I was getting comfortable with the idea of throwing away our whole season to ensure we have the 1st overall pick, so we can get Luck because Eli is such a P-O-S....He goes & plays like this.......Oh well...</P>Hahahaha. I can see this is gonna go on all yr.

Dline99
10-03-2011, 12:02 AM
<FONT color=#ff0000>This guy is justterrible, can we get rid of him already? LMAO</FONT></P>

</P>

3erd highest rated QB in the league!!!</P>

DragonSoul
10-03-2011, 12:13 AM
Someone remind me - does the 8 TD's include the rushing one in week one?no.

DragonSoul
10-03-2011, 12:13 AM
<font color="#ff0000">This guy is justterrible, can we get rid of him already? LMAO</font></p>

</p>

3erd highest rated QB in the league!!!</p>most worthless stat

Harooni
10-03-2011, 07:42 AM
Eli is looking good and protecting the ball much better this season.
My only concern is its still early in the season

Eli has had many seasons where he starts off great and then trails as the year goes on the weather gets colder and we start playing more div games.

2009 - first 5 games 10 td's 2 ints (He looked great that first quarter of the season)

2008- first 4 games 6 td's 1 ints

2007- decent start 5 games 9 tds 6 ints

2006 -4 games 9tds 5 ints looked good the first start of that season.

I think Eli is a good QB that might play better in a warmer climate perhaps.

TuckYou
10-03-2011, 08:01 AM
No doubt, Eli is hitting his stride right now. Hope he stays hot!

TuckYou
10-03-2011, 08:03 AM

Eli has had many seasons where he starts off great and then trails as the year goes on the weather gets colder and we start playing more div games.

2009 - first 5 games 10 td's 2 ints (He looked great that first quarter of the season)

</P>

Interesting, it is like the Giants record through those seasons, great starts, poor finishes. Again I will point out, CONSISTANCY! He must have it, the team must have it, to be successful.</P>

But I will blow up your last point. Green Bay, 2008, NFC Championship game, -20 degrees. Eli played lights out.</P>

Harooni
10-03-2011, 08:09 AM

</p>

Interesting, it is like the Giants record through those seasons, great starts, poor finishes. Again I will point out, CONSISTANCY! He must have it, the team must have it, to be successful.</p>

But I will blow up your last point. Green Bay, 2008, NFC Championship game, -20 degrees. Eli played lights out.</p>
yeah it wasnt so much a point as a guess. he had a good game there in the cold. but for some reason tends to slide as the season goes on. other than cold weather and more div games, i cant guess as to why.

RobCarpenter
10-03-2011, 08:39 AM

</P>

If that were true, imagine what his stats would be playing in San Diego with its best weather of all NFL team sites. </P>

In reality, I think almost all QB's would prefer warmer, calmer weather to throw in. Cold weather teams need to be able to run the ball well. </P>

Harooni
10-03-2011, 08:44 AM
</p>

If that were true, imagine what his stats would be playing in San Diego with its best weather of all NFL team sites. </p>

In reality, I think almost all QB's would prefer warmer, calmer weather to throw in. Cold weather teams need to be able to run the ball well. </p>

I think so he would have had better numbers in a warmer place , maybe even as a Saint like his dad played for.

If you look at Simms Dec numbers he played well ,some QB's might like the cold better. Being that Manning is from the south ,maybe he doesnt like it so much . im not sure the real reason ,im just speculating.

Dline99
10-03-2011, 08:59 AM
<FONT color=#ff0000>This guy is justterrible, can we get rid of him already? LMAO</FONT></P>

</P>

3erd highest rated QB in the league!!!</P>

most worthless stat
</P>

Maybe but he is still listed as 3erd, behinbd Brady and Rodgers.</P>

12th Highest completion percentage with 64 percent completed</P>

11th Most yards thrown for</P>

Tied at 2nd least INT's thrown</P>

Tied for 6th in TD throws</P>

4th Highest average yards per attempt</P>

4th In throws over 20 yards</P>

Tied for 2nd in throws over 40 yards</P>

Those are not all worthless stats</P>

</P>

</P>

Redeyejedi
10-03-2011, 09:05 AM

</P>

Yeah he always plays well in September. 3 of those 6 picks last year in Sept were completly on the receivers. I wonder how much better Eli would look around the NFL if they put a roof on this stadium. </P>

miked1958
10-03-2011, 09:23 AM
not to bad a stat line through 4games. but lets not forget that 6 of the 8td passes came in the last 2games and none of the INTs. He was 43/63 for 575 yards with 6tds and no picks over last 2games. so his last 2games were by far and away better then his first 2 games. lets hope this trend continues.</P>

also remember he was very close to having 3td passes yesterday. the first ballard one being called back and marked back at the 1 and then BJ took it in. </P>

RobCarpenter
10-03-2011, 07:49 PM
</P>

If that were true, imagine what his stats would be playing in San Diego with its best weather of all NFL team sites. </P>

In reality, I think almost all QB's would prefer warmer, calmer weather to throw in. Cold weather teams need to be able to run the ball well. </P>

I think so he would have had better numbers in a warmer place , maybe even as a Saint like his dad played for.

If you look at Simms Dec numbers he played well ,some QB's might like the cold better. Being that Manning is from the south ,maybe he doesnt like it so much . im not sure the real reason ,im just speculating.

</P>

I was only half-serious with my previous comment. Eli has played well in cold weather, see the Green Bay game. My comment was to point out that Rivers gets to play at least half his games every year in the best outdoor weather Stadium in the league...and that every QB would prefer nice, calm weather.</P>

Simms comparison ain't worth a damn.Simms Giants teamswere led by their Defense and a running game. Simms job was typically to not lose the game. That is significantly different than what the current Giants askof Eli. </P>

</P>

BigBlue9280
10-03-2011, 08:09 PM
As long as Eli can avoid that 3-4 interception game, knock on wood because he had a butt load of those last season, I think the Giants will be in a position to win in most games this season.

giantsfan420
10-03-2011, 08:14 PM

2009 - first 5 games* 10 td's* 2 ints* (He looked great that first quarter of the season)

2007-* decent start* 5 games 9 tds 6 ints

2006 -4 games* 9tds 5 ints * looked good the first start of that season.

2009 he was excellent. 2008 he was excellent. for the entire season (barring a game or two of course)
2007 was up and down until the playoffs, he was excellent then.
so from 2007 playoff until last yr, he has been an underrared, excellent qb. and really, i think some one went thru each pick and upwards of 14 picks could have or shold have ended up as incompletions, but they werent and 25 ints is way too much. but the rest of his play was excellent.

he's played at this level for most of his career. its just protecting the ball. if he can protect the ball whle still provide the offense leadership and points, this team wil make the playoffs and then some. im not worried if its only 4 games so far, from the playoffs in 07 til today, he has played at this level, but protecting the ball seems to be very important this yr.

i think the giants have had the highest win % since eli became the starter, wins and wins only count right? well then that should be all one needs when assessing how eli has played since he became starter

Morehead State
10-03-2011, 08:21 PM

<FONT size=4>3 and 1. </FONT></P>

Thats the stat that matters. The rest is pointless blather.</P>

RobCarpenter
10-03-2011, 08:50 PM

</P>

Ms, didn't think I'd see you posting unless...we go on a losing streak.</P>

We were 10-6 last year and based on your non-stop negative offseason posts, I would have thought that the sky was falling....or were you just trying to teach us what "pointless blather" looks like. LMAO!</P>

</P>

</P>

Morehead State
10-03-2011, 08:57 PM

</P>

We were 10-6 last year and based on your non-stop negative offseason posts, I would have thought that the sky was falling....or were you just trying to teach us what "pointless blather" looks like. LMAO!</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Last year, Eli did not put us in the best position to win games. Too many turnovers. So far this year he has protected the ball and has generally put us in a position to win games. Thats what I expect.</P>

I don't care about stats of any player. I care about winning football games. But thats me. You all can carry on about whatever you want.</P>

</P>

And you are the "evil" Rob Carpenter....right?</P>

I like the other one.</P>

RobCarpenter
10-03-2011, 09:09 PM

</P>

</P>

Last year, Eli did not put us in the best position to win games. Too many turnovers. So far this year he has protected the ball and has generally put us in a position to win games. Thats what I expect.</P>

I don't care about stats of any player. I care about winning football games. But thats me. You all can carry on about whatever you want.</P>

</P>

Nice try about the wins. Based on your (over)reaction to a 10-6 season, you would be a absolutely miserable Giants fan if you've been watching for 40+ years.</P>

...and btw,I never had a doubt that you were the evil Ms.</P>

</P>

Morehead State
10-03-2011, 09:13 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

Nice try about the wins. Based on your (over)reaction to a 10-6 season, you would be a absolutely miserable Giants fan if you've been watching for 40+ years.</P>

</P>

</P>

We won one game against a winning team, and that was against a crappy Bears team who had O line problems that game.</P>

We had the third easiest schedule in the NFL last year. I do not consider that a good season at all.</P>

Nor would Eli, I'm sure. evidentally it was OK with you.</P>

I expect my QB to protect the football. History has shown clearly with our playoff run in 07 that we can do great things when he does.</P>

Do you disagree?</P>

giantsfan420
10-03-2011, 09:16 PM
<FONT color=#ff0000>This guy is just*terrible, can we get rid of him already?* LMAO</FONT></P>

Thats the stat that matters.* The rest is pointless blather.</P>

</P>

Ms, didn't think I'd see you posting unless...we go on a losing streak.**</P>

We were 10-6 last year and based on your non-stop negative offseason posts, *I would have thought that the sky was falling....or were you just trying to teach us what "pointless blather" looks like.* LMAO!</P>

</P>

Last year, Eli did not put us in the best position to win games.* Too many turnovers.* So far this year he has protected the ball and has generally put us in a position to win games.* Thats what I expect.</P>

I don't care about stats of any player. I care about winning football games.* But thats me.* You all can carry on about whatever you want.</P>

</P>

Nice try about the wins.* Based on your (over)reaction to a 10-6 season, you would be a absolutely miserable Giants fan if you've been watching for 40+ years.</P>

...and btw,*I never had a doubt that you were the evil Ms.</P>

*</P>

</P>

We won one game against a winning team, and that was against a crappy Bears team who had O line problems that game.</P>

We had the third easiest schedule in the NFL last year.* I do not consider that a good season at all.</P>

Nor would Eli, I'm sure.* evidentally it was OK with you.</P>

I expect my QB to protect the football.* History has shown clearly with our playoff run in 07 that we can do great things when he does.</P>

Do you disagree?</P>

see, the thing is, no one can disagree with the qb protecting the ball is good. what i at least disagree with u on, is the amount of blame you lay at the feet of eli, the constant "ben is better" which is fine but u would throw it in eli's fans faces when he wasnt playing so great, and that when eli struggles and the team loses, you come across as putting a ton of blame on him for the loss, but when we win and he plays a big part of it, you go to the classic "im a fan of the giants, the team won, why should i give anymore credit to eli than another player" when you absolutely do that when we lose.
thats all. besides that u got a fresh perspective on things

Morehead State
10-03-2011, 09:24 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

We had the third easiest schedule in the NFL last year. I do not consider that a good season at all.</P>

Nor would Eli, I'm sure. evidentally it was OK with you.</P>

I expect my QB to protect the football. History has shown clearly with our playoff run in 07 that we can do great things when he does.</P>

Do you disagree?</P>

see, the thing is, no one can disagree with the qb protecting the ball is good. what i at least disagree with u on, is the amount of blame you lay at the feet of eli, the constant "ben is better" which is fine but u would throw it in eli's fans faces when he wasnt playing so great, and that when eli struggles and the team loses, you come across as putting a ton of blame on him for the loss, but when we win and he plays a big part of it, you go to the classic "im a fan of the giants, the team won, why should i give anymore credit to eli than another player" when you absolutely do that when we lose. thats all. besides that u got a fresh perspective on things</P>

Do I think Ben is in generalbetter than Eli? Yes. Do I think Eli is playing better than Ben right now? Yes.</P>

You guys get caught up in this sideshow discussion of this guy vs. that guy. Eli is my QB. I expect him to do what he can to give us the best chance to win football games. I don't think he did that last year. So I was down on him big time. Really for the first time. So far this season, I see the guy I saw from the playoff run of 07 thru early 09. I like that guy. I like a guy who protects the ball. Its what I expect. The guy who gets the ball to the playmakers and doesn't chuck it into coverage. You may notice that he's taking more sacks this season. Last year some of those would have been picks.</P>

You guys can put whatever spin you want about my view of Eli. But as long as he makes good decisions on the field, I have no problem with him.</P>

And I give great credit to Eli for his play in the last 2 weeks. He has been an important part of those wins.</P>

gumby742
10-03-2011, 09:35 PM
Haha. Robbie you ole manchild you.

You think you're rubbing anything in anyone's face? I'll bet you everyone on this board is thrilled Eli is playing so well the last couple games.

I know I am. But 2 straight games of great play is .. well ..2 games. Eli hasn't done back to back good games many times in his career so hopefully this continues.

JMFP2
10-03-2011, 09:37 PM
Btw, Rivers has 5 TD's with 6 INT's and Big Ben has 3 TD's with 5 INT's.</P>

</P>

</P>

Rivers TDs are so much more awesome than Eli's, though.</P>

gumby742
10-03-2011, 09:37 PM
Right when I was getting comfortable with the idea of throwing away our whole season to ensure we have the 1st overall pick, so we can get Luck because Eli is such a P-O-S....He goes & plays like this.......Oh well...</P>Hahahaha. I can see this is gonna go on all yr.

And what WILL drive me crazy is if we start out hot, then suck the rest of the year (like we normally do), we'll miss out on the playoffs and still end up with a crappy draft pick.

Mr. Clutch
10-03-2011, 09:39 PM
Eli's played amazing in my eyes. I've loved Eli since we drafted him and only once really doubted him, after the Minnesota game.

myles2424
10-03-2011, 10:38 PM

And what WILL drive me crazy is if we start out hot, then suck the rest of the year (like we normally do), we'll miss out on the playoffs and still end up with a crappy draft pick. agreed, id rather hit speed bumps & finish strong, rather than start good & fall apart towards the end like we have the past years...

giantman8493
10-03-2011, 10:51 PM

2009 - first 5 games* 10 td's* 2 ints* (He looked great that first quarter of the season)

2007-* decent start* 5 games 9 tds 6 ints

2006 -4 games* 9tds 5 ints * looked good the first start of that season.

</P>

If that were true, imagine what his stats would be playing in San Diego with its best weather of all NFL team sites.*** </P>

In reality, I think almost all QB's would prefer warmer, calmer weather to throw in.* Cold weather teams need to be able to run the ball well. </P>Green Bay throws well.

Morehead State
10-03-2011, 10:59 PM

</P>

Green Bay throws well.</P>

And Tom Brady ain't too bad either.</P>

RobCarpenter
10-04-2011, 08:20 AM

</P>

</P>

Ms, repeat after me: "We have a pretty good QB. I root for the QB wearing Blue!" </P>

Trust me, it won't kill you stop focusing on whta you don't have and to root for our guy.</P>

Morehead State
10-04-2011, 08:22 AM

</P>

</P>

Ms, repeat after me: "We have a pretty good QB. I root for the QB wearing Blue!" </P>

Trust me, it won't kill you stop focusing on whta you don't have and to root for our guy.</P>

</P>

I've said it 1000 times. Actually I think we have a very good QB.</P>

I get killed for not saying he's a future hall of famer.</P>

illmaticzeke
10-04-2011, 11:45 AM
I'm with you Morehead....Im as big a fan of Eli as anyone else and I like him *** our QB but to make sarcastic posts after 4 games (which by the way I know exactly why the post was made and who was the primary targets for it) is ignorant. Everybody that follows Giants football knows Eli comes with many flaws. Hell, Id say if it weren't for the beast wee have in NICKS, Eli would look much more mediocre.

Nicks is a saviour to Eli right now. But i Will say this, Eli is putting himself together a good year thus far and I will take it, but don't discredit all the great plays his weapons have made around him. Alot of his throws have been ducks in the wind that Nicks just seems to catch all the time. Ill take Eli as our QB, always have and always will, but don't be so ignorant into thinking he is something more then what he is. Hindsight is 20/.20 ...just as good as Eli is performing now, he is the type of QB that can just as easy start throwing picks and making bad decisions..Thank God as for now, he seems to be on top of his game for the most part and I appreciate that. Let's hope it lasts.

But again, I give most of the credit to NICKS. He is a cushion for Eli. Eli just throws ducks up there and Nicks unbeleivably just seems to catch everything. Nicks will be a top 5 WR in the league of all time one day barring he stays healthy. Eli needs to be thankful of all the weapons he has around him because he sure as hell has plenty.

Look at Cam Newton in Carolina, dude is playing lights out at Qb but that team just can't find a way to win. Newton is playing just as well as Eli if not better and is a rookie with no support. Just saying.

Giantz4Life
10-04-2011, 11:54 AM
Look at Cam Newton in Carolina, dude is playing lights out at Qb but that team just can't find a way to win. Newton is playing just as well as Eli if not better and is a rookie with no support. Just saying.

Yea Steve Smith really sucks

illmaticzeke
10-04-2011, 12:02 PM

Sarcasm I see, I seen that one coming a mile away. I'll give you Steve Smith. We *** fans all know about Steve Smith so it's not like I'm naive. Im completely aware of who Steve Smith is and what he brings to the football field come game time but other then that, you have no argument.

hnicks2010
10-04-2011, 12:07 PM
I'm with you Morehead....Im as big a fan of Eli as anyone else and I* like him *** our QB but to make sarcastic posts after 4 games (which by the way I know exactly why the post was made and who was the primary targets for it) is ignorant.* Everybody that follows Giants football knows Eli comes with many flaws.* Hell, Id say if it weren't for the beast wee have in NICKS, Eli would look much more mediocre.

Nicks is a saviour to Eli right now.* But i Will say this, Eli is putting himself together a good year thus far and I will take it, but don't discredit all the great plays his weapons have made around him.* Alot of his throws have been ducks in the wind that Nicks just seems to catch all the time.* Ill take Eli as our QB, always have and always will, but don't be so ignorant into thinking he is something more then what he is.* Hindsight is 20/.20 ...just as good as Eli is performing now, he is the type of QB that can just as easy start throwing picks and making bad decisions..Thank God as for now, he seems to be on top of his game for the most part and I appreciate that.* Let's hope it lasts.

But again, I give most of the credit to NICKS.* He is a cushion for Eli.* Eli just throws ducks up there and Nicks unbeleivably just seems to catch everything.* Nicks will be a top 5 WR in the league of all time one day barring he stays healthy.* Eli needs to be thankful of all the weapons he has around him because he sure as hell has plenty.

Look at Cam Newton in Carolina,* dude is playing lights out at Qb but that team just can't find a way to win.* Newton is playing just as well as Eli if not better and is a rookie with no support.* Just saying.

Monumental waste of time reading this...

You could have just said "Eli's not good without talent around him". Which is a stupid thing to say.

hnicks2010
10-04-2011, 12:08 PM
Look at Cam Newton in Carolina,* dude is playing lights out at Qb but that team just can't find a way to win.* Newton is playing just as well as Eli if not better and is a rookie with no support.* Just saying.

Sarcasm I see,* I seen that one coming a mile away.* I'll give you Steve Smith.* We *** fans all know about Steve Smith so it's not like I'm naive.* Im completely aware of who Steve Smith is and what he brings to the football field come game time but other then that, you have no argument.

lol. wow

dezzzR
10-04-2011, 12:20 PM

</p>

If that were true, imagine what his stats would be playing in San Diego with its best weather of all NFL team sites. </p>

In reality, I think almost all QB's would prefer warmer, calmer weather to throw in. Cold weather teams need to be able to run the ball well. </p>

Green Bay throws well.</p>

And Tom Brady ain't too bad either.</p>

</p>

Ms, repeat after me: "We have a pretty good QB. I root for the QB wearing Blue!" </p>

Trust me, it won't kill you stop focusing on whta you don't have and to root for our guy.</p>

</p>

I've said it 1000 times. Actually I think we have a very good QB.</p>

I get killed for not saying he's a future hall of famer.</p>you get killed because even when eli has a great day, its "elis good, <font size="6"><u>BUT........</u></font>"

BurnerNYG
10-04-2011, 12:21 PM
I'm with you Morehead....Im as big a fan of Eli as anyone else and I* like him *** our QB but to make sarcastic posts after 4 games (which by the way I know exactly why the post was made and who was the primary targets for it) is ignorant.* Everybody that follows Giants football knows Eli comes with many flaws.* Hell, Id say if it weren't for the beast wee have in NICKS, Eli would look much more mediocre.

Nicks is a saviour to Eli right now.* But i Will say this, Eli is putting himself together a good year thus far and I will take it, but don't discredit all the great plays his weapons have made around him.* Alot of his throws have been ducks in the wind that Nicks just seems to catch all the time.* Ill take Eli as our QB, always have and always will, but don't be so ignorant into thinking he is something more then what he is.* Hindsight is 20/.20 ...just as good as Eli is performing now, he is the type of QB that can just as easy start throwing picks and making bad decisions..Thank God as for now, he seems to be on top of his game for the most part and I appreciate that.* Let's hope it lasts.

But again, I give most of the credit to NICKS.* He is a cushion for Eli.* Eli just throws ducks up there and Nicks unbeleivably just seems to catch everything.* Nicks will be a top 5 WR in the league of all time one day barring he stays healthy.* Eli needs to be thankful of all the weapons he has around him because he sure as hell has plenty.

Cam has plenty of weapons on the offensive side of the ball, it's the defense and special teams that's killing Carolina. Also, Newton is playing better than a lot of QB's in the league right now... Carolina fans must be ecstatic.

Giantz4Life
10-04-2011, 12:26 PM

Sarcasm I see, I seen that one coming a mile away. I'll give you Steve Smith. We *** fans all know about Steve Smith so it's not like I'm naive. Im completely aware of who Steve Smith is and what he brings to the football field come game time but other then that, you have no argument.

What about Greg Olsen? It'd be nice for Eli to have a receiving tight-end of his caliber to depend on.

No receivers open? There's a very good receiving RB in Jon Stewart waiting for the check down.

Not saying they're All-World over there in Carolina, but you downplay their talent on offense.

Not saying you're bashing Eli, but Eli is a winner. 3-1 this year.
Cam is 1-3.

I'll take Winners for $500 please.

NY_Eli
10-04-2011, 12:38 PM
It took long enough, but the giants finally have the best Manning in the NFL.

JJC7301
10-04-2011, 03:04 PM

Can we trade him for "Sanchise?"</P>

RobCarpenter
10-04-2011, 08:11 PM
I'm with you Morehead....Im as big a fan of Eli as anyone else and I like him *** our QB but to make sarcastic posts after 4 games (which by the way I know exactly why the post was made and who was the primary targets for it) is ignorant. Everybody that follows Giants football knows Eli comes with many flaws. Hell, Id say if it weren't for the beast wee have in NICKS, Eli would look much more mediocre.

Nicks is a saviour to Eli right now. But i Will say this, Eli is putting himself together a good year thus far and I will take it, but don't discredit all the great plays his weapons have made around him. Alot of his throws have been ducks in the wind that Nicks just seems to catch all the time. Ill take Eli as our QB, always have and always will, but don't be so ignorant into thinking he is something more then what he is. Hindsight is 20/.20 ...just as good as Eli is performing now, he is the type of QB that can just as easy start throwing picks and making bad decisions..Thank God as for now, he seems to be on top of his game for the most part and I appreciate that. Let's hope it lasts.

But again, I give most of the credit to NICKS. He is a cushion for Eli. Eli just throws ducks up there and Nicks unbeleivably just seems to catch everything. Nicks will be a top 5 WR in the league of all time one day barring he stays healthy. Eli needs to be thankful of all the weapons he has around him because he sure as hell has plenty.

</P>

</P>

What a joke, get a clue pal. </P>

RobCarpenter
10-04-2011, 08:14 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

I've said it 1000 times. Actually I think we have a very good QB.</P>

I get killed for not saying he's a future hall of famer.</P>

</P>

Don't back-peddle Ms. You have been a routine, frequent, very harsh critic of Eli.You have continuously whined and (overly) complained. You routinely try to point out thatourguy just isn't as good as some other team's guy...without considering his body of work. I have significantly disagreed with your pessimistic and short-sightedness view. Don't back-peddle, stick to your guns...even if they look very poor now...and past years....you are what you are.</P>

</P>

Gmen2005
10-04-2011, 08:18 PM
Not too shabby in the fourth quarter either

https://twitter.com/#!/AlbertBreer/status/121366041531129858 (https://twitter.com/#%21/AlbertBreer/status/121366041531129858)

How about this -- 4 QBs have 4th quarter passer ratings over 115.0:
Manning (139.5), Rivers (129.2), Stafford (120.1), Fitzpatrick (117.5).

RobCarpenter
10-04-2011, 08:21 PM
Not too shabby in the fourth quarter either

https://twitter.com/#!/AlbertBreer/status/121366041531129858 (https://twitter.com/#%21/AlbertBreer/status/121366041531129858)

How about this -- 4 QBs have 4th quarter passer ratings over 115.0: Manning (139.5), Rivers (129.2), Stafford (120.1), Fitzpatrick (117.5).
</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>No way. You're suggesting that Eli palys well in the 4th Quarter (and possibly as well when he isusing a 2-minute offense). No freaking way!</FONT></P>