PDA

View Full Version : Ball security, run defense, & Jacobs is key to winning.

NYBlue10
01-18-2012, 12:02 PM
I don't think Eli even has to have a great game to win vs. 49ers, all he has to do is make smart decisions and protect the ball, which he has become a master of doing.

Due to the weather seemingly being a possible factor, the key is ball security, we simply don't want to give 49ers any gifts in the game, as long as we tie or win the turnover battle, it should be ok.

Gotta stop the 49er rushing attack at all cost and make Alex Smith throw the ball, Alex Smith may be decent but he still ain't Aaron Rodgers.

Lastly, Jacobs gotta show up this time and run with authority, yeah he got a late TD in garbage time vs GB but he didn't run as hard as he could, he can't do that vs. this physical 49er defense and expect to gain any significant yards on the ground.

I think 49ers is a nice team, but I just don't see Alex Smith outplaying Eli for one, and our pass rush will make Alex Smith's life miserable, and Giants simply have too much firepower for 49ers to handle.

Of all the years of being a Giants fan since the 80's, I have never seen a better set of WRs than the Giants have right now, Nicks and Cruz combo is like two #1 caliber receivers, and Mario is really a #2 receiver caliber in #3 role. When those 3 play at the same time, no defense will stop them, and haven't. Sprinkle in Ballard who is a baller of his own right as a receiving TE, they truly are unstoppable.

The only way the 49ers will make a game out of it is if we commit more turnovers, and Frank Gore gives a performance of his career on the ground, either of which I don't see happening because Giants don't turn over the ball much, and I love the way our defense is playing right now.

Kase-1
01-18-2012, 12:08 PM
I think their gameplan is gonna be similar to how we planned for the packers. Ground game needs to be successful for them to keep Eazy E off the field. Even if it does rain, I have MUCH MUCH more faith in Eli over Alex Smith

Ill take our offense vs their D, and our D vs their offense.... The biggest disparity between the 2 teams IMO is return ability in the ST game

JMGGIANTS
01-18-2012, 12:08 PM
and if the field is muddy and in terrible shape it will help our O-Line big time because the 49ers line is very quick/agile and it will slow them down.</P>

Yes I agree about our WR's. I remember not having bonafide WR's for years when we really stunk it up in the 70's.</P>

I don't see a problem with Jacobs running hard. He has been running hard for the last 4 games.</P>

Spytheweb
01-18-2012, 12:35 PM
I think Bradshaw is. They already had a look at BJ, they have not seen Bradshaw yet. The Bears MLB Urlacher asks Bradshaw, why do you run so angry?

JJC7301
01-18-2012, 03:12 PM
I think Bradshaw is. They already had a look at BJ, they have not seen Bradshaw yet. The Bears MLB Urlacher asks Bradshaw, why do you run so angry?
</P>

+1. If one of our RBs has a good game, it's going to be AB.</P>

bklyn1028
01-18-2012, 03:19 PM
Jacobs is a beast IF he stops thinking he's fleet-footed. He's a north-south runner period. He has to understand when he pounds the line, defenses get worn down. There is only so much you can take from a guy his size.