PDA

View Full Version : No 1 thinks Alex Smith can beat us...

AllTuckedUp
01-18-2012, 02:04 PM
Similar to how no one used to believe in Eli. This guy always had the potential but now finally has the stability and good coaching he needed. I'm just warning everyone to not count him out. He's good. When you have a defense and special teams like he does you don't even need to do too much anyway.

TrueBlue07
01-18-2012, 02:06 PM
I think a lot of the over confidence has to do with the QBs we've beaten in 07 & this year. Clearly Smith is not any where nearly as accomplished as those QBs were/are. I don't agree with this thinking but I get the feeling this is the issue.

Smith is a first round pick who clearly has talent. For SF Smith doesn't need to win the game, he just needs to not lose it. That's what we need to keep in mind

JMGGIANTS
01-18-2012, 02:09 PM
yep Smith is another Trent Dilfer...just don't lose the game. Let our D win the game and with 9ers it's also let Akers win the game.

GameTime
01-18-2012, 02:11 PM
The Giants D and Smith can def beat the Giants....</P>

</P>

JimC
01-18-2012, 02:12 PM
Similar to how no one used to believe in Eli. This guy always had the potential but now finally has the stability and good coaching he needed. I'm just warning everyone to not count him out. He's good. When you have a defense and special teams like he does you don't even need to do too much anyway.

Are you forgetting that this team has beat us already with this QB? I think everyone knows that he is capable of beating us again.

JJC7301
01-18-2012, 02:12 PM
yep Smith is another Trent Dilfer...just don't lose the game. Let our D win the game and with 9ers it's also let Akers win the game.</P>

In this year alone Smith has played better than Dilfer ever did. Give Smith credit -- after 7 years he is finally a quality NFL QB. SF wasn't exactly smart having 7 different OC over that period of time. I'm sure that that didn't help his development.</P>

If we win this game, I really don't think it's going to be because of poor play by Alex Smith. I think he'll do fine.</P>

stormblue
01-18-2012, 02:15 PM
yep Smith is another Trent Dilfer...just don't lose the game.* Let our D win the game and with 9ers it's also let Akers win the game.

and Dilfer kicked our assbucket.

Weygand
01-18-2012, 02:16 PM

*</P>

LOL...I see what you did there...

stormblue
01-18-2012, 02:17 PM

*</P>

i had to read that 3 times before it sunk in LOL
great call.

NYG216
01-18-2012, 02:17 PM
Our secondary has the ability to make Rex Grossman look like Drew Brees... so I don't think they can take any QB lightly.

Fastphilly
01-18-2012, 02:19 PM
yep Smith is another Trent Dilfer...just don't lose the game.* Let our D win the game and with 9ers it's also let Akers win the game.

The Ravens D kicked your assbucket...Dilfer was along for the ride.

JMGGIANTS
01-18-2012, 02:21 PM
oh when was that? I missed it. You can't be talking about the 2000 SB. Dilfer had 12 completions for 153 yard.

JMGGIANTS
01-18-2012, 02:25 PM

</P>

</P>

I guess you didn't realize the "let our D win the game" is the Ravens or 49ers speaking.</P>

NOTE: Sorry...I see you weren't replying to me. LOL</P>

SFPainTrain
01-18-2012, 02:26 PM
6 4th qtr comebacks for Alex Smith this season. he's no Trent Dilfer. lol.

TheCatchIII
01-18-2012, 02:28 PM

It takes a long time for people to believe their original thoughts about someone were wrong.

Anyone who watched Saturdays game should now know this guys is NOT just a "game manager"

The kid is making plays.

Desepx
01-18-2012, 02:29 PM
less than stellar qb's/backups seem to burn us the most.....

I think he can beat us.

It's going to be a battle.

u2good
01-18-2012, 02:31 PM
...and to think a couple of years ago, there was a debate about whether Alex Smith should be let go from the 49ers. I guess we Giants fans can relate to this...

On a similar note, does anyone notice how nobody is talking about Mike Singletary, 49ers coach from just last year? Compared to Harbaugh he must've been a disaster for that team.

DJloves
01-18-2012, 02:35 PM
07 Eli > 11 Smith

Weygand
01-18-2012, 02:38 PM

It takes a long time for people to believe their original thoughts about someone were wrong.

Anyone who watched Saturdays game should now know this guys is NOT just a "game manager"

The kid is making plays.

Very true...2 years ago 9er fans were screaming for David Carr and cheering when Smith got hurt.

But I'm sure none of the 9er fans posting here were the ones doing that. I'm sure the ones here have always known that Smith was the goods.

michaelkhan3
01-18-2012, 06:08 PM
yep Smith is another Trent Dilfer...just don't lose the game. Let our D win the game and with 9ers it's also let Akers win the game.

The kid is making plays.

Yes he is better than he was when he was a bust but he still isn't a great QB and probably not even in the top half in the league. He had a good game against the saints but that Defense must be the 2nd worst in the league if the packers are the worst.

look@dafilm
01-18-2012, 09:06 PM
No one believed Smith could beat the Saints either. And for a while it looked like he didn't have to since the Saints had only 14 points well into the 4th quarter. 4 TDs later the Saints are sent packing. Smith will take the sack rather than throw a risky pass. He hasn't been intercepted in a long time and only threw 5 picks all year.

Read the sig.

TroyArcher
01-18-2012, 09:09 PM

The Ravens D kicked your assbucket...Dilfer was along for the ride.

And your QB threw up when your loser team actually had a chance to win a SB.

XxBigWhitxX
01-18-2012, 09:10 PM
**** Similar to how no one used to believe in Eli. This guy always had the potential but now finally has the stability and good coaching he needed. I'm just warning everyone to not count him out. He's good. When you have a defense and special teams like he does you don't even need to do too much anyway.
I would say Smith is more on the level of a Matt Ryan. More than a game manager, but not a guy you want to throw the ball 30 times a game.

TroyArcher
01-18-2012, 09:11 PM
6 4th qtr comebacks for Alex Smith this season. he's no Trent Dilfer. lol.

No he's not. Dilfer has a SB ring.

SFninersrule
01-18-2012, 09:29 PM
The first time you guys played us all I heard was we will stop your run game and make Alex Smith beat us with the pass. I heard from the Giants fans in the stadium that day as well as on the Niners message board and from many of your own players.

That day Alex Smith beat you with the passing, and if you guys want to make the same mistake twice go right ahead, but if I were you I would focus on stopping our run game and Vernon Davis. Then all you would need to worry about is scoring points off our fierce Defense.

nofiner9er
01-18-2012, 09:43 PM

The kid is making plays.

Very true...2 years ago 9er fans were screaming for David Carr and cheering when Smith got hurt.

But I'm sure none of the 9er fans posting here were the ones doing that. I'm sure the ones here have always known that Smith was the goods.

I definetly am not sold on the Alex bandwagon he has been on a leash for most of the season but they have been passing way more in the last couple. In years passed you could see his demeanor diminish and I have not seen this once this year. Im trying to get a chant going at the stick on elis first possesion.....We Want Carr,We Want Carr......

TheEnigma
01-18-2012, 09:45 PM
The first time you guys played us all I heard was we will stop your run game and make Alex Smith beat us with the pass.* I heard from the Giants fans in the stadium that day as well as on the Niners message board and from many of your own players.*

That day Alex Smith beat you with the passing, and if you guys want to make the same mistake twice go right ahead, but if I were you I would focus on stopping our run game and Vernon Davis.* Then all you would need to worry about is scoring points off our fierce Defense.
To counter back on Alex beating us, he had a much easier time once Michael Boley had to leave the game. It pretty much gave Vernon Davis free reigns for the middle of the field. With that said, I'm surprised at the lack of respect Alex Smith gets around here. He's improved very much and I could only imagine how bad Eli could be if he had 7 different OC's in 7 years.

TroyArcher
01-18-2012, 09:48 PM
The first time you guys played us all I heard was we will stop your run game and make Alex Smith beat us with the pass.* I heard from the Giants fans in the stadium that day as well as on the Niners message board and from many of your own players.*

That day Alex Smith beat you with the passing, and if you guys want to make the same mistake twice go right ahead, but if I were you I would focus on stopping our run game and Vernon Davis.* Then all you would need to worry about is scoring points off our fierce Defense.

Your fierce defense did give up 32 points next week. That is double what the Giants have given up in two playoff games. Just saying.

TroyArcher
01-18-2012, 09:50 PM

To counter back on Alex beating us, he had a much easier time once Michael Boley had to leave the game. It pretty much gave Vernon Davis free reigns for the middle of the field. With that said, I'm surprised at the lack of respect Alex Smith gets around here. He's improved very much and I could only imagine how bad Eli could be if he had 7 different OC's in 7 years.

Smith has been a below average QB for most of his career. He has been a middle of the pack QB this year but did play well at the end of the Saints game. I thought he was not very good until the last 5 minutes of the game. He did win so can't take that away from him.

TheCatchIII
01-18-2012, 10:00 PM
The first time you guys played us all I heard was we will stop your run game and make Alex Smith beat us with the pass. I heard from the Giants fans in the stadium that day as well as on the Niners message board and from many of your own players.

That day Alex Smith beat you with the passing, and if you guys want to make the same mistake twice go right ahead, but if I were you I would focus on stopping our run game and Vernon Davis. Then all you would need to worry about is scoring points off our fierce Defense.

Your fierce defense did give up 32 points next week. That is double what the Giants have given up in two playoff games. Just saying.

Didn't your D give up 49 against the Saints?

Oh wait...I forgot. Reg season doesn't mean anything any more.....

TheEnigma
01-18-2012, 10:09 PM

Didn't your D give up 49 against the Saints?

Oh wait...I forgot.* Reg season doesn't mean anything any more.....

There's also a large difference in playing the Saints at your place vs. in their dome. The Saints only average 26 points a game on the road versus 40+ (don't recall the exact number) they get at home.

JMFP2
01-18-2012, 10:13 PM
</P>

</P>

I'm hearing alot of people talk about the 49ers winning.</P>

michaelkhan3
01-20-2012, 02:12 PM
With the 30th pick in the first round The San Fransisco 49ers Select Brandon Weeden, QB from Oklahoma State.