PDA

View Full Version : DE Rotation

rainierjef
01-18-2012, 02:05 PM
I saw that we were using Osi on the Left side against the right tackle and Jpp on the right side against the Left tackle. now i believe that JPP is versitile enough to be effective from both ends but as much as i like osi he doesn't get the same push he gets on the left side as he gets on the right side. now i know that sack fumble came while he was on the left side... i think? cant remmber. but i would feel better is osi gets more snaps from his natural side and let Jpp push the Right tackle back into Alex forcing him into Osi's ball swatting hands. just a thought, oes anyone else have better insight into how to better use this rotation during this game to be more effective sack/fumble/pressure wise

G-Man67
01-18-2012, 03:00 PM
Osi seems to prefer RDE

the nice thing is that we will line up Tuck, JPP, Tolley at DE or DT

and altho Kiwi has been playing mostly at LB ... he still occasionally gets to lineup at DT or DE

it's all good right now, you can never have enough pass rushers

rainierjef
01-18-2012, 03:20 PM
yeah i know, but why put osi at the LE spot when hes more effective at the RE spot?

G-Man67
01-18-2012, 03:23 PM
yeah i know, but why put osi at the LE spot when hes more effective at the RE spot?

maybe they liked the matchup for JPP or vice-versa ... our guys are pretty versatile, which is a good thing ... maybe someone that has re-watched several games this year would have a better insight

SweetZombieJesus
01-18-2012, 03:38 PM
Yeah I'm surprised Osi is playing so much LDE, but here's what I figure:

<ul> JPP is such a freak you gotta put him on the blind side against the left tackle, plus I think the word is out on letting Osi overpursue and pushing him out of a play...
right tackles will have prepared for Tuck not Osi Tuck got a lot of success in 2007 playing at D Tackle because guards just can't deal with him.[/list]

</p>

rainierjef
01-18-2012, 04:18 PM

giantsfan420
01-18-2012, 04:22 PM

hes been very effective at LE. he had a sack vs dallas from that spot, helped cause a sack vs atlanta, and vs GB he played more RE than LE although he did play both,

and besides, when we're running stunts, it doesnt matter which side osi lines up at as he will crash the middle as what happened on that force fumble vs GB.

he may be more effective as a RE, but the difference is negligible. jpp isnt as effective as LE as he is at RE too...so what do u do there/ JPP has been more dominant so i figure they'd want him at his most destructive spot instead of lining him up to help osi be slightly better.

giantsfan420
01-18-2012, 04:23 PM

hes been very effective at LE. he had a sack vs dallas from that spot, helped cause a sack vs atlanta, and vs GB he played more RE than LE although he did play both,

and besides, when we're running stunts, it doesnt matter which side osi lines up at as he will crash the middle as what happened on that force fumble vs GB.

he may be more effective as a RE, but the difference is negligible. jpp isnt as effective as LE as he is at RE too...so what do u do there/ JPP has been more dominant so i figure they'd want him at his most destructive spot instead of lining him up to help osi be slightly better.

also osi is a veteran and the giants may not want to put too much on JPP's plate just yet. let him play where he's been dominant and able to just play. dont want him thinking too much out there.

TrueBlue07
01-18-2012, 04:23 PM
It's pretty simple. JPP is having a huge year, he earned the right to stay where he is. He plays more snaps than O$i, so why mess with him by constantly moving him back and forth? But more importantly, your RDE is supposed to be the better of the two DE's at run stopping. We all know O$i doesn't do run stuffing.

timmytimm3
01-18-2012, 04:37 PM
I can't wait for this game!!!!