PDA

View Full Version : Now I remember why I stayed away in 07

burier
01-18-2012, 02:28 PM
I didn't come near the boards during the 07 run and I'm starting to remember why.

Giants fans are snivelling little girls who have very little if any confidence in their team.

"Oh the 49er so good. Alex Smith is so good"

I bet if Skip Bayless told you the Sky was menstrating you'd run outside and check.

No wait. First you'd make sure Steven A Smith agreed.

Get above the influence and don't believe the hype. You saw it with your own eyes.

The Giants are the best team in the playoffs. Don't ask me how it happened but that's what it is.

No amount of Mud or homefield advantage is going to change anything.

CTLadyBlue
01-18-2012, 02:30 PM
I didn't come near the boards during the 07 run and I'm starting to remember why.

Giants fans are snivelling little girls who have very little if any confidence in their team.

I bet if Skip Bayless told you the Sky was menstrating you'd run outside and check.

Get above the influence and don't believe the hype. You saw it with your own eyes.

The Giants are the best team in the playoffs. Don't ask my how it happened but that's what it is.

Hey....I'M a girl and take offense to that. J/K

Just being realistic and respectful of our opponent. I think we have a good shot at beating SF, but I'll never come out and say it's a 'lock' because SF looks just as good as us.

davecrazy
01-18-2012, 02:44 PM
Yes, we need more WHOOO HOOOO WE ARE NUMBER 1!!@!#!%#!% posts

If you don't have anything other then mindless blind faith in the superiority of this team then your just a ESPN puppet who can't think for himself...

ashleymarie
01-18-2012, 02:46 PM
The way our team is playing I'm believing we will go all the way and bring home the Lombardi.

MikeIsaGiant
01-18-2012, 02:47 PM
There is a reason why these 2 teams are in the NFC championship, both teams are good.

We have the freedom to say the 49ers are good because they are just that

burier
01-18-2012, 02:48 PM
The way our team is playing I'm believing we will go all the way and bring home the Lombardi.

That's the spirit

BigBlue D
01-18-2012, 02:54 PM
<font size="4">I think it's more about giving respect to your opponent and not taking them lightly, rather than not having confidence in the team. This is something all good business men (and women), players, fighters make a habit of doing.

I think that everyone on here has been saying that the Giants will win but it won't be an easy challenge. Read Sun Tzu or any other book based on warfare and the sentiment I am expressing here will be found in their ideologies as well.

Remember pride comes before the fall. Confidence with respect is healthy and beneficial, on the other side of the coin, over confidence with no respect will always end in failure. </font>

JJC7301
01-18-2012, 03:03 PM
I only started coming on the boards the night of the SB victory, I believe it was. I wish that I had been on before that. There are lots of different views. I don't know what you're talking about.

stormblue
01-18-2012, 03:06 PM
<font size="4">I think it's more about giving respect to your opponent and not taking them lightly, rather than not having confidence in the team. This is something all good business men (and women), players, fighters make a habit of doing.

I think that everyone on here has been saying that the Giants will win but it won't be an easy challenge. Read Sun Tzu or any other book based on warfare and the sentiment I am expressing here will be found in their ideologies as well.

Remember pride comes before the fall. Confidence with respect is healthy and beneficial, on the other side of the coin over confidence with no respect will always end in failure. </font>

well done.
we have always shown class and respect
for our opponents in the media.

we show our disrespect between the
sidelines where it matters.

new york giants football has never been a "rah-rah" culture.

we don't even have cheerleaders.

if they need that sissy-spit ' they can go to Dallas.

burier
01-18-2012, 03:12 PM

Remember pride comes before the fall. Confidence with respect is healthy and beneficial, on the other side of the coin, over confidence with no respect will always end in failure. </font>

The Art of War is a great book for people who are actually GOING TO WAR.

We're just fans. We're not going to be so pridefull that Giants are going to lose.

Now I personally am "Alittlesticious" so I normally try to keep the trash talk under wraps but thats out the window this time because just like in 07 I know we're going to win and there's no amount of bragging that I can do to effect the outcome that is already set in stone.

I'd bet my house on it.

TheCatchIII
01-18-2012, 03:16 PM

We're just fans. We're not going to be so pridefull that Giants are going to lose.

Now I personally am "Alittlesticious" so I normally try to keep the trash talk under wraps but thats out the window this time because just like in 07 I know we're going to win and there's no amount of bragging that I can do to effect the outcome that is already set in stone.

I'd bet my house on it.

So you find no enjoyment in actually talking about the details of the game?

Just put on your dress and grab your pom poms?

Sounds fun bro.

bearbryant
01-18-2012, 03:18 PM
After the final game in the regular season Giant nation new that if we got next to the patsies again the outcome would be different... And it was. It was such a great experience to watch a team go on the road and beat every team that was supposed to beat them. We were known as the " ROAD WARRIORS". Oh Man it was super. The best was when Strahan told the team " Think it and it will happen, One more score and we'll win a Super Bowl, the final score is going to be 17-14". Of course thats paraphrased but I can remember him walking up and down the sidelines telling everyone: " The final score is 17-14". Great Stuff

burier
01-18-2012, 03:25 PM

I'd bet my house on it.

So you find no enjoyment in actually talking about the details of the game?

Just put on your dress and grab your pom poms?

Sounds fun bro.

Guy Pom poms? Please.

Look around the message board. I've got pleanty to say about the details. But there's nothing in the details to change my mind.

Beats pretending a team that I know is not as good as my team might defeat my team

87Spider91
01-18-2012, 03:26 PM
HA! The jokes on you. I just looked outside and it's not menstruating.

BigBlue D
01-18-2012, 04:15 PM

I'd bet my house on it.

I have to respectfully disagree. The Art of War is a way of thinking or mentality. In this day and age it has less to do with GOING TO WAR and more to do with everyday action and strategy.

I can see the validity in your statement that "we're just fans", but in the same respect I believe as fans we're an extension of the organization and should act in such a manner. Think about the reputation some teams have due to their fans, the Raiders and Eagles come to mind.

As for you knowing we will win, you're free to express your opinion and you're also correct in assuming that no amount of bragging will effect the outcome, but it is about self preservation and respect; acting as champion and not a chump.

I am just as confident as you but I'm not bolstering or making "bets". Because eventually you will be wrong about whatever it may be at the time and you will be running to save face.

There's such a thing as quiet confidence and it is the most effective means of success, ask Eli or Payton.

gumby742
01-18-2012, 04:20 PM

The Giants are the best team in the playoffs. Don't ask me how it happened but that's what it is.

And all those times when people would say that certain fans were class acts and showed respect, well, you wouldn't fall under the class act and respectful category.

But every fans base is going to have those bad apples. I only bring it up because I remember you saying, "class act'.

Best team in the playoffs? Not even close. Hottest? Probably. The niners had the best record in the league. Give them credit.

burier
01-18-2012, 04:22 PM

I'd bet my house on it.

I have to respectfully disagree. The Art of War is a way of thinking or mentality. In this day and age it has less to do with GOING TO WAR and more to do with everyday action and strategy.

I can see the validity in your statement that "we're just fans", but in the same respect I believe as fans we're an extension of the organization and should act in such a manner. Think about the reputation some teams have due to their fans, the Raiders and Eagles come to mind.

As for you knowing we will win, you're free to express your opinion and you're also correct in assuming that no amount of bragging will effect the outcome, but it is about self preservation and respect; acting as champion and not a chump.

I am just as confident as you but I'm not bolstering or making "bets". Because eventually you will be wrong about whatever it may be at the time and you will be running to save face.

There's such a thing as quiet confidence and it is the most effective means of success, ask Eli or Payton.

I'll give you the way of life concept on the Art of War.

I think you misread me though. I'm not saying go find as many 9ers fans as you can and tell them that they're going to lose.

If I knew any niners fans I'd probably talk the 9ers up a little to his/her face.

But we're all family here. Its ok to tell the truth.

"This is a safe place"

BigBlue D
01-18-2012, 04:24 PM
I'll give you the way of life concept on the Art of War.

I think you misread me though. I'm not saying go find as many 9ers fans as you can and tell them that they're going to lose.

If I knew any niners fans I'd probably talk the 9ers up a little to his/her face.

But we're all family here. Its ok to tell the truth.

"This is a safe place"

But

Fair enough, well said. [B] Cheers! and GO BLUE!!

TrueBlue@NYC
01-18-2012, 04:33 PM
The truth is that the 49ers are a very good team and should be looked at as being just as talented as this team. I really don't understand how someone could call this game a lock when the 49ers beat us earlier this year AND just got done beatinga Saints team that had won 9 games in a row, the last few of which very convincingly. </P>

I have confidence that the Giants CAN win this game. However, I don't possible see how it could be called a lock. </P>

BlueJayC
01-18-2012, 05:28 PM
It really doesn't matter which team is better.....what really matters is what Giants team shows up......the Giants team that just trounced the 15-1 Packers AWAYat Lambeau or the Giants team that got trounced by the awful Redskinsat HOME in Week 15......</P>

The Niners have been fairly consistent all year......the Giants until recently have not.......</P>

burier
01-19-2012, 11:28 AM

And all those times when people would say that certain fans were class acts and showed respect, well, you wouldn't fall under the class act and respectful category.

But every fans base is going to have those bad apples. I only bring it up because I remember you saying, "class act'.

Best team in the playoffs? Not even close. Hottest? Probably. The niners had the best record in the league. Give them credit.

(I thought we already covered "Hot". Were you a D student?)

First of all I think the term "class act" is over-used so I don't contribute. So your memory has failed you once again.

Second of all this has nothing to do with class. I'm talking about Giants fans having confidence in their team. Whats more class than that? I've yet to bad mouth any 49er or any team other than the Patriots for that matter.

Third of all. We've gone back and forth before and it always ends poorly for you. You're either very thick or very insane.

Fourth of all you once again prove to be a highly confused, highly mislead, Highly overmatched factless waste of life.

Gianthunter
01-19-2012, 11:36 AM
I didn't come near the boards during the 07 run and I'm starting to remember why. Giants fans are snivelling little girls who have very little if any confidence in their team. "Oh the 49er so good. Alex Smith is so good" I bet if Skip Bayless told you the Sky was menstrating you'd run outside and check. No wait. First you'd make sure Steven A Smith agreed. Get above the influence and don't believe the hype. You saw it with your own eyes. The Giants are the best team in the playoffs. Don't ask me how it happened but that's what it is. No amount of Mud or homefield advantage is going to change anything.If you didn't come near the boards in 07. How do you know what went on?[8-|]

PhilaGiant83
01-19-2012, 11:38 AM
I stayed away from this place most of the year. Good lord its a zoo in this piece. I am not getting to excited or overly dramatic about this situation. Why? I just know we are going to do something special. I wish my dad could see this happen since he is laying in a hospital bed in ICU. Man he'd tell me the memories of the 86, and 90 playoff games vs SF.

MattMeyerBud
01-19-2012, 11:40 AM

so wait, ur doing something different than what u did in 07?

If we lose, its on you

burier
01-19-2012, 11:47 AM
I didn't come near the boards during the 07 run and I'm starting to remember why. Giants fans are snivelling little girls who have very little if any confidence in their team. "Oh the 49er so good. Alex Smith is so good" I bet if Skip Bayless told you the Sky was menstrating you'd run outside and check. No wait. First you'd make sure Steven A Smith agreed. Get above the influence and don't believe the hype. You saw it with your own eyes. The Giants are the best team in the playoffs. Don't ask me how it happened but that's what it is. No amount of Mud or homefield advantage is going to change anything.If you didn't come near the boards in 07. How do you know what went on?[8-|]

I didn't until now. I'm guessing since the situations are so similar the behavior would also be simliar. I could definately be wrong.

burier
01-19-2012, 11:48 AM

If we lose, its on you

HA! So true. Good thing we're gonna win huh?

MattMeyerBud
01-19-2012, 11:50 AM

If we lose, its on you

49ers are a good team adn the NFL is any given sunday. I mean they have a top defense in the league and they have some decent underrated weapons. Alex Smith seems to be in the process of turning a corner in his career. While I do think we should win, I think its far from a foregone conclusion

burier
01-19-2012, 11:57 AM

If we lose, its on you

49ers are a good team adn the NFL is any given sunday. I mean they have a top defense in the league and they have some decent underrated weapons. Alex Smith seems to be in the process of turning a corner in his career. While I do think we should win, I think its far from a foregone conclusion

Your concerns are valid but I submit to you that in 2007 a pretty good argument could be made for the 4 teams we beat in that playoff run as well.

The only reason I make the comparison is because I've got the same feeling in the pit of my stomach. It lets me know beyond a shadow of doubt that theGiants won't be going home sunday.

MattMeyerBud
01-19-2012, 12:12 PM

If we lose, its on you

Your concerns are valid but I submit to you that in 2007 a pretty good argument could be made for the 4 teams we beat in that playoff run as well.

The only reason I make the comparison is because I've got the same feeling in the pit of my stomach. It lets me know beyond a shadow of doubt that theGiants won't be going home sunday.

absolutely, but even in 07 there was no locks

except for Dallas, cuz well, they have Tony romo

Gianthunter
01-19-2012, 12:41 PM
I didn't come near the boards during the 07 run and I'm starting to remember why. Giants fans are snivelling little girls who have very little if any confidence in their team. "Oh the 49er so good. Alex Smith is so good" I bet if Skip Bayless told you the Sky was menstrating you'd run outside and check. No wait. First you'd make sure Steven A Smith agreed. Get above the influence and don't believe the hype. You saw it with your own eyes. The Giants are the best team in the playoffs. Don't ask me how it happened but that's what it is. No amount of Mud or homefield advantage is going to change anything.If you didn't come near the boards in 07. How do you know what went on?[8-|] I didn't until now. I'm guessing since the situations are so similar the behavior would also be simliar. I could definately be wrong.On the whole not as bad. More trolls than [:'(] babies this year. Although the tempt destiny schtick got really old really fast back then.