PDA

View Full Version : Did Canty fake his injury to give our D a little extra rest

G-Man67
01-18-2012, 02:39 PM
now if he did, hats off to him ... whatever advantage you can gain ... i know we kinda messed up earlier in the year when 2 guys faked it at the same time :)

and not that 2 wrongs make a right, but the way we were getting screwed on calls Sunday ... i dare anyone outside of Giants land to say booo about it!!!!

GameTime
01-18-2012, 02:51 PM
now if he did, hats off to him ... whatever advantage you can gain ... i know we kinda messed up earlier in the year when 2 guys faked it at the same time :)

and not that 2 wrongs make a right, but the way we were getting screwed on calls Sunday ... i dare anyone outside of Giants land to say booo about it!!!!

hope not because that would be bull****.....

</P>

JJC7301
01-18-2012, 02:52 PM

hope not because that would be bull****.....

</P>

</P>

+1. I hope he didn't do that, and I highly doubt he did.</P>

TrueBlue07
01-18-2012, 02:54 PM
I was wondering that myself. At the time he looked to be in serious pain, after the game there was no word on it, at all. All I heard was he was fine, didn't need an MRI. I asked a few beat writers on twitter and they had nothing on it.

buddy33
01-18-2012, 02:55 PM
He said he wasn't faking.

G-Man67
01-18-2012, 03:17 PM
He said he wasn't faking.

well duh, of course, he can't admit to it ... but it was a miraculous recovery and he is a savvy veteran ... im not saying Coughlin or Fewell is over on the sidelines giving the play dead signal, but Canty may have done it on his own, so I wanted to hear others opinions of if they thought about it

having said that, Ed Reed landed hard on his hip their playoff game and was writhing in pain only to return 2 plays later and it wasn't at a juncture in the game where his D would have needed extra time to rest

RoanokeFan
01-18-2012, 03:19 PM
When the NFL reverses those two terrible calls from last Sunday, I'll give a rat's *** if he faked that injury.

Spizi
01-18-2012, 03:28 PM
When the NFL reverses those two terrible calls from last Sunday, I'll give a rat's *** if he faked that injury.

Like x100000000000

RoanokeFan
01-18-2012, 03:32 PM

Like x100000000000

[;)]

lttaylor56
01-18-2012, 03:43 PM

Like x100000000000

[;)]
Amen

Pakman
01-18-2012, 04:06 PM

"ROANOKE FAN DON'T GIVE A ****"

G-Man67
01-18-2012, 04:19 PM

"ROANOKE FAN DON'T GIVE A ****"

ha, well either do i ... screw GB ... we got the shaft the whole game, but as we all viewed it, i immediately thought about the fact that he might be giving us extra rest by appearing to be injured, so i figured like-minded fans were probably thinking the same thing at first ... then we all worried he was injured, but now not even a blip on the injury report ... just makes anyone analytical scratch their head a bit ... obviously, it will never be known and Oak's sentiment is spot on, but it is interesting to see if others had the same question

G4L
01-18-2012, 04:35 PM
Wasn't he out the rest of the game? If he was faking it he would have been subbed back in ASAP.