PDA

View Full Version : 49 fans calling Alex smith mr. Clutch lol

DemandedAce
01-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Same fans who were calling for Troy smith to start last year, I hope they don't all hurt themselves falling off the bandwagon after this Sunday... :)

GMENAGAIN
01-18-2012, 03:11 PM
Sort of sounds like a lot of the fans on here who are now talking about what a great coach TC is . . . .

Weygand
01-18-2012, 03:13 PM
Same fans who were calling for Troy smith to start last year, I hope they don't all hurt themselves falling off the bandwagon after this Sunday... :)

They were straight up booing him when he took the field and orchestrated a comeback. 2 years ago the vast majority wanted to start the Carr

DemandedAce
01-18-2012, 03:13 PM

They were straight up booing him when he took the field and orchestrated a comeback. 2 years ago the vast majority wanted to start the Carr

Lol they all crack me up

SFPainTrain
01-18-2012, 03:18 PM
six 4th quarter comebacks for Alex Smith this season.

DragonSoul
01-18-2012, 03:21 PM
Same fans who were calling for Troy smith to start last year, I hope they don't all hurt themselves falling off the bandwagon after this Sunday... :)Guess Eli is Mr. Perfection then.

Wow and people were talking about Eli supporters here lmfao.

bklyn1028
01-18-2012, 03:22 PM
Good, bad, or indifferent, Alex Smith took his team to the NFC championship, you can't take that away from him. He did a complete 180 from years past when fans booed the crap outta him.

Gotta give him all the credit in the world. Played a helluva season. But in 4 days it will unfortunately for him come crashing down. I don't think he's going to have the same game he had against the Saints. The Giants are wayyyy too hungry to stop now.

DemandedAce
01-18-2012, 03:25 PM
Good, bad, or indifferent, Alex Smith took his team to the NFC championship, you can't take that away from him. He did a complete 180 from years past when fans booed the crap outta him.

Gotta give him all the credit in the world. Played a helluva season. But in 4 days it will unfortunately for him come crashing down. I don't think he's going to have the same game he had against the Saints. The Giants are wayyyy too hungry to stop now.

He's been a game manager nothing more. Don't get me wrong Sunday will be close but not because of smith. The defense has dominated for them giving them league high turnovers and smith doesn't generate near enough points to back up those turnovers.

bklyn1028
01-18-2012, 03:28 PM

He's been a game manager nothing more. Don't get me wrong Sunday will be close but not because of smith. The defense has dominated for them giving them league high turnovers and smith doesn't generate near enough points to back up those turnovers.

That's a great point. Defenses match up very evenly, but I don't think (I could be wrong), he'll survive a shoot-out with Eli, he doesn't have the .....what am I looking for......MOXIE, there....

TheCatchIII
01-18-2012, 03:30 PM

That's a great point. Defenses match up very evenly, but I don't think (I could be wrong), he'll survive a shoot-out with Eli, he doesn't have the .....what am I looking for......MOXIE, there....

He survived a shoot-out with Brees ;)

SFPainTrain
01-18-2012, 03:30 PM

game manager, lol! you guys just talk out the side of your necks here. you obviously haven't seen Alex play this season. you can't judge a player on stats alone.

CTLadyBlue
01-18-2012, 03:35 PM
Sort of sounds like a lot of the fans on here who are now talking about what a great coach TC is . . . .* *

I never NOT thought TC was a great coach. Even during a collapse, I'd take him over The Chin or Chucky any day

DemandedAce
01-18-2012, 03:36 PM

He survived a shoot-out with Brees ;)

I'm insulted you would compare our defense to that of the Aints

bklyn1028

game manager, lol! you guys just talk out the side of your necks here. you obviously haven't seen Alex play this season. you can't judge a player on stats alone.

See, when I got feisty like that, the 49ers mod wanted to BAN me.....lol
Alex Smith had a very very good year period. He hasn't shown this kind of play making ability until this year. Yes he is doing something right to be where he is, but stats don't win games, BALLS do, and he just ain't got em.

I think he'll crumble under the pressure from the Giants D line, just my opinion, I could be very wrong, but not likely.

DemandedAce

Seeing him miss wide open receivers on a routine basis speaks for itself lol

Weygand
01-18-2012, 03:39 PM

What other objective standard can we measure him by? Can we judge him on the performance of the offense in the red zone? I live in the Bay Area and I see a lot of 9er games. He's done pretty well, but he gets a lot of help from the defense and the offense working Frank Gore like a rented mule.

JJC7301
01-18-2012, 03:57 PM
I have no interest in giving Smith the Eli treatment. That was a great and yes, clutch, game he played against NO. The guy has been solid all year. He's got a great coach behind him.

bLuereverie
01-18-2012, 04:03 PM
You mean the same SF fans that were calling for the current Giants backup last season?

Weygand
01-18-2012, 04:10 PM
You mean the same SF fans that were calling for the current Giants backup last season?

Now now, I am sure he wasn't one of those. I'm sure he was part of the .00000000000000001% who thought Smith was getting short shrifted by the 9ers front office with their lack of decent offensive coaching.

gumby742
01-18-2012, 04:11 PM

Outside of this year, Eli's had the same problem. But really now, let's look at ourselves in the mirror.

Not saying I agree or disagree, but up until this year, fans and media were laughing at us for thinking Eli was elite.

M0rbid
01-18-2012, 04:13 PM
*chuckle* Clutch?

giantsfan420
01-18-2012, 04:33 PM

Outside of this year, Eli's had the same problem. But really now, let's look at ourselves in the mirror.

Not saying I agree or disagree, but up until this year, fans and media were laughing at us for thinking Eli was elite.

u keep saying this but a ton of objective, fans of diff teams, all were giving eli a ton more praise than u were up until this year.

do u weigh what cowboys, skins, and eagles fans say heavily? bc those are the only fan bases i can say have laughed at people wondering if eli was elite or had the capability to be elite.

and just bc one is laughed at for a view doesnt make that view wrong. i could care less if some one laughed at me for my stance on eli...guess what...I WAS RIGHT. those people who laughed, mainly a few espn analysts u feel represent fans worldwide, all have egg on there face. simple as that.

yea yea i know, u simply cannot understand the whole 25 int thing last year as i suspect other fans to do as well...but there is simply no denying eli is a huge winner who has had amazing years prior to this one.

in 08, a lot of people were saying eli was just one level under eltie, 09, a lot of people started to call him elite outside of the giants fan base. 2010 was a setback for some, just like the 22 ints brees had was a setback for some. u think anyone cared when they were laughed at for saying brees is elite? bc guess what there are plenty of atlanta, carolina, and tampa fans who prob dont feel brees is elite.

but again, doesnt really matter bc i can say without any hesitation that I was 100% right in my assessment of eli manningand thats a helluva lot better than just going with a more popular stance for fear of being laughed at or wrong

Weygand
01-18-2012, 04:36 PM

u keep saying this but a ton of objective, fans of diff teams, all were giving eli a ton more praise than u were up until this year.

do u weigh what cowboys, skins, and eagles fans say heavily? bc those are the only fan bases i can say have laughed at people wondering if eli was elite or had the capability to be elite.

and just bc one is laughed at for a view doesnt make that view wrong. i could care less if some one laughed at me for my stance on eli...guess what...I WAS RIGHT. those people who laughed, mainly a few espn analysts u feel represent fans worldwide, all have egg on there face. simple as that.

yea yea i know, u simply cannot understand the whole 25 int thing last year as i suspect other fans to do as well...but there is simply no denying eli is a huge winner who has had amazing years prior to this one.

in 08, a lot of people were saying eli was just one level under eltie, 09, a lot of people started to call him elite outside of the giants fan base. 2010 was a setback for some, just like the 22 ints brees had was a setback for some. u think anyone cared when they were laughed at for saying brees is elite? bc guess what there are plenty of atlanta, carolina, and tampa fans who prob dont feel brees is elite.

but again, doesnt really matter bc i can say without any hesitation that I was 100% right in my assessment of eli manningand thats a helluva lot better than just going with a more popular stance for fear of being laughed at or wrong

Nice post

gumby742
01-18-2012, 04:39 PM

If Eli was truly that good prior to this season, there wouldn't have been a huge uproar over Eli saying he was on the same level as Brady. You're crazy if you think that most people agreed with him.

There isn't about right or wrong. It's about giving a QB his due for playing well. Alex Smith played well. He has a bunch of comebacks this year apparently. I just find it funny that the same people thinking those Smith homers are nuts are probably the same ones defending Eli all these years. You'd think they would have learned a thing or two about respect.

JMGGIANTS
01-18-2012, 04:42 PM
Good, bad, or indifferent, Alex Smith took his team to the NFC championship, you can't take that away from him. He did a complete 180 from years past when fans booed the crap outta him. Gotta give him all the credit in the world. Played a helluva season. But in 4 days it will unfortunately for him come crashing down. I don't think he's going to have the same game he had against the Saints. The Giants are wayyyy too hungry to stop now. He's been a game manager nothing more. Don't get me wrong Sunday will be close but not because of smith. The defense has dominated for them giving them league high turnovers and smith doesn't generate near enough points to back up those turnovers.

</P>

Yes his 29th ranked passing game took you guys to the promised land...LOL. Smith led no team to the playoffs he went along for the rideled bydefense and David Akers.</P>

Itlan
01-18-2012, 04:47 PM

Not saying I agree or disagree, but up until this year, fans and media were laughing at us for thinking Eli was elite.Eli was missing wide open receivers in 08, 09 and 10? Are you ******ed? Cause that's absolutely not true at all.

2010 he had interceptions go off the hands of his receivers, and that's the only thing that one could fault Eli for last year. He was incredible in 08 until Plax went down, and was a stud in 09. You're insane.

Weygand
01-18-2012, 04:48 PM

If Eli was truly that good prior to this season, there wouldn't have been a huge uproar over Eli saying he was on the same level as Brady. You're crazy if you think that most people agreed with him.

There isn't about right or wrong. It's about giving a QB his due for playing well. Alex Smith played well. He has a bunch of comebacks this year apparently. I just find it funny that the same people thinking those Smith homers are nuts are probably the same ones defending Eli all these years. You'd think they would have learned a thing or two about respect.

Actually, if you took a poll of the remote fans here in the Bay Area in '08/'09/'10, most of us thought Smith was pretty decent but wasn't getting the support; certainly moreso than 9er fans who HATED Smith...and I mean HATED him. The 9ers have gotten a lot of high draft picks and already had some playmakers so if you didn't have an ax to grind, you could see the guy could play.

To be sure.....9er fans who are fellating Smith this year were berating him the past 3 seasons.