View Full Version : Terrell Thomas running again

SackingMyths
01-18-2012, 03:30 PM
"Once the seasonís over, itís all about me hopefully re-signing with the
Giants and moving forward," he said. Thomas turned 27 earlier this
month. He may have to settle for a one-year, prove-it deal on the open
market.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/01/as_giants_make_postseason_run.html

I'd like to think TT learned that this can go badly trying to rush back and demanding $$$ elsewhere (*cough...SS12...*cough*), instead of taking the Kiwi route.

JJC7301
01-18-2012, 03:33 PM
"Once the seasonís over, itís all about me hopefully re-signing with the Giants and moving forward," he said. Thomas turned 27 earlier this month. He may have to settle for a one-year, prove-it deal on the open market.

I'd like to think TT learned that this can go badly trying to rush back and demanding $$$ elsewhere (*cough...SS12...*cough*), instead of taking the Kiwi route.

</P>

+1. It'll be tempting not to take the higher pay day because he may never be the same player again, but he'd be better served staying with the organization / system he knows while working his way back from injury.</P>

DragonSoul
01-18-2012, 03:34 PM
"Once the seasonís over, itís all about me hopefully re-signing with the
Giants and moving forward," he said. Thomas turned 27 earlier this
month. He may have to settle for a one-year, prove-it deal on the open
market.

who is SS12

But on a serious note, if we lose T2 I won't be overly upset. But if he signs for a reasonable price I would be fine for it. If he asks for too much, I rather spend it else where.

NYG4ME
01-18-2012, 03:38 PM
If we get him back for a reasonable price, I'm down. Leading Tackler last year.

fansince69
01-18-2012, 03:41 PM

It is NEVER a good thing when your corner back is the leading tackler...means he either is letting his guy catch a lot of balls and then makes the tackle....or it means that too many runs are getting to the secondary...sometimes you have to look at stats carefully

TrueBlue07
01-18-2012, 03:44 PM

It is NEVER a good thing when your corner back is the leading tackler...means he either is letting his guy catch a lot of balls and then makes the tackle....or it means that too many runs are getting to the secondary...sometimes you have to look at stats carefully

He was great at flying to the ball and was a huge asset in stopping the run. Leading us in tackles last year said more about our D, than his lack of cover skills. You honestly think a CB could be so bad he would lead a team in tackles strictly because of the passes he cannot defend? Ross would lead our team in tackles then.

IF T2 is healthy, and the price is reasonable I'd give him another shot but after 2 surgeries my hopes are not very high. He said earlier this week he wants to be back here, but we all heard Steve Smith tell the same story.

fansince69
01-18-2012, 03:49 PM

He was great at flying to the ball and was a huge asset in stopping the run. Leading us in tackles last year said more about our D, than his lack of cover skills. You honestly think a CB could be so bad he would lead a team in tackles strictly because of the passes he cannot defend? Ross would lead our team in tackles then.

IF T2 is healthy, and the price is reasonable I'd give him another shot but after 2 surgeries my hopes are not very high. He said earlier this week he wants to be back here, but we all heard Steve Smith tell the same story.

I NEVER said he was bad or that I wouldn't want him back...I said when your corner back is your leading tackler it is NOT a good thing...A linebacker should always lead the team in tackles....as far as Ross leading...he would actually have to MAKE the tackle after the completion....I wish you guys would learn to read what is written

TrueBlue07
01-18-2012, 03:53 PM

I NEVER said he was bad or that I wouldn't want him back...I said when your corner back is your leading tackler it is NOT a good thing...A linebacker should always lead the team in tackles....as far as Ross leading...he would actually have to MAKE the tackle after the completion....I wish you guys would learn to read what is written

LOL, seriously? Someone said they would take him back, and he was our leading tackler and you said, to quote "It is NEVER a good thing when your corner back is the leading
tackler...means he either is letting his guy catch a lot of balls and
then makes the tackle....or it means that too many runs are getting to
the secondary...sometimes you have to look at stats carefully"

So you can't see why that can be taken as a shot at T2? Present your thoughts a little more clearly and people won't mistake what you say.

fansince69
01-18-2012, 04:02 PM

LOL, seriously? Someone said they would take him back, and he was our leading tackler and you said, to quote "It is NEVER a good thing when your corner back is the leading
tackler...means he either is letting his guy catch a lot of balls and
then makes the tackle....or it means that too many runs are getting to
the secondary...sometimes you have to look at stats carefully"

So you can't see why that can be taken as a shot at T2? Present your thoughts a little more clearly and people won't mistake what you say.

The MAIN point was..That a corner back being your leading tackler is not a good thing....wanting him back based on that is not a good reason...DO I want him back at a good price? sure!!...but not for that reason...I apologize if you don't agree or see the logic...but I can't lay it out any more simple for you.....Have a great day...but I am done with this

TrueBlue07
01-18-2012, 04:12 PM
I agree it's not a good thing for the defense as a whole, but like I said a lot of his tackles were because of his assistance in the run game. It's not a stat you over look. If we all agree he is a very good CB, so he is not getting beat often, then having a lot of tackles in this instance IS a good thing for him.

ErnieReese
01-18-2012, 04:15 PM
"Once the seasonís over, itís all about me hopefully re-signing with the Giants and moving forward," he said. Thomas turned 27 earlier this month. He may have to settle for a one-year, prove-it deal on the open market.

</P>

+1.* It'll be tempting not to take the higher pay day because he may never be the same player again, but he'd be better served staying with the organization / system he knows while working his way back from injury.</P>

I agree. I don't think he'll be the same player anymore. Not sure how it'll affect his game.

gmen0820
01-18-2012, 04:25 PM
He would not be T2 again until probably the last quarter of the 2012 season. I'd take him back, I think we can all agree it is about getting hot at the right time, and that last quarter is when it counts.

miked1958
01-19-2012, 01:59 AM
Glad he is getting better

slipknottin
01-19-2012, 02:01 AM
T2 was the best run support CB in the NFL.

I think he would have been used much more in that nickel LB/S/CB role this season, where he would have had a huge impact.

Hopefully he is back with the giants next season, and hopefully he is back healthy.

FDNY Fitzy
01-19-2012, 02:20 AM
Okay so when we lost him this preseason the season was "over" with most of you folks but now he is only a target real cheap.

JMFP2
01-19-2012, 02:23 AM
Can't even imagine how kick *** this defense would be if T2 were on the field.

NWKEffectElement
01-19-2012, 02:54 AM
T2 was the best run support CB in the NFL.

I think he would have been used much more in that nickel LB/S/CB role this season, where he would have had a huge impact.

Hopefully he is back with the giants next season, and hopefully he is back healthy.

I was about to type the same type of statement. A Charles Woodson type role would be perfect for him.

I would love to hear what Goff is up to also.

Kruunch
01-19-2012, 09:10 AM
He would not be T2 again until probably the last quarter of the 2012 season. I'd take him back, I think we can all agree it is about getting hot at the right time, and that last quarter is when it counts.

Bingo.