PDA

View Full Version : Steve Smith, Kevin Boss and Plaxico Burress.

SkippyNyG87
10-17-2011, 02:40 AM
Everyone b***ch and moaned bout the FO not retaining them or offering them better contracts/matching their contracts. I applaud our FO for having confidence on the guys we have here.

S.Smith 5 rec 63 yards 0 TDs
Burress 13 rec 202 yards 2 TDs

Nicks 32 rec 508 yards 3 TDs
Cruz 21 rec 398 yards 3 TDs
Rio 18 rec 227 yards 0 TDs*

And we needed Plax and Smith??*

Boss 6 rec 114 yards 0 TDs

Ballard *10 rec 192 yards 2 TDs

And we needed Boss??

Good job FO!!! Good job Reese for bELIeving In these guys. And great job Cruz, Nicks, Rio and Ballard!!!!

Marvelousmik
10-17-2011, 02:57 AM
you need to update those stats but i agree with your point. especially since i always felt steve smith and boss were very overrated to begin with

TroyArcher
10-17-2011, 03:12 AM
you need to update those stats but i agree with your point. especially since i always felt steve smith and boss were very overrated to begin with
</P>

</P>

Steve Smith when healthy is one of the best posession receivers in the league (with the right QB). It looks like he will not flourish in Philly. Bad move Steve.</P>

SkippyNyG87
10-17-2011, 03:50 AM
you need to update those stats but i agree with your point. especially since i always felt steve smith and boss were very overrated* to begin with

Update who's stats??

Rusty192
10-17-2011, 05:25 AM
It's funny how as fans we all get in a uproar about the FO decisions. Incredulously doubting the choices made and how we could have done better, when in the end we know jack ****.

I'm glad we have Reese and Co. are running the team instead of the GMB.

SkippyNyG87
10-17-2011, 06:36 AM
It's funny how as fans we all get in a uproar about the FO decisions. Incredulously doubting the choices made and how we could have done better, when in the end we know jack ****.

I agree!!!

PrideofNY
10-17-2011, 07:07 AM
Kevin Boss had a touchdown today.

JimC
10-17-2011, 07:14 AM

Well said!!!!! [:D]

Captain Chaos
10-17-2011, 07:52 AM
Its a nice point; however, its early in the season. There are lots of games left and Smith will only get better as he assimilates into the Eagles system. Boss was hurt earlier and missed a couple of games and will become more important to the Raiders. The nice thing is that our receiving corps is productive and I hope they remain that way.

Mod_C
10-17-2011, 08:09 AM
</p>

</p>

Steve Smith when healthy is one of the best posession receivers in the league (with the right QB). It looks like he will not flourish in Philly. Bad move Steve.</p>

The question to ask is did Smith and/or his agent really not realize Smith would not be the go to guy in Philadelphia? I have always felt they went after Smith to keep him away from the Giants. No matter, we have players who are producing.

bELIeve_in_Giants
10-17-2011, 08:10 AM
I believe that Boss scored a TD yesterday on a fake punt play.

Pakman
10-17-2011, 09:58 AM
I believe that Boss scored a TD yesterday on a fake punt play.

It was on a fake kick, so I don't really consider that a real "stat" but you can't take away from it I guess.

Steve Smith going to the Eagles was the best "move" that the F.O. Made this season. I'm just going to say it

2011 & Beyond Cruz > 2011 & Beyond Steve Smith

Thanks Steve!!

Marvelousmik
10-17-2011, 10:05 AM

Update who's stats??

boss and ballad.

Marvelousmik
10-17-2011, 10:06 AM
</p>

</p>

Steve Smith when healthy is one of the best posession receivers in the league (with the right QB). It looks like he will not flourish in Philly. Bad move Steve.</p>

he played so bad last year though. he dropped a lot of passes and he looked slow (before the injuries)

shotcalla39
10-17-2011, 09:45 PM
you need to update those stats but i agree with your point. especially since i always felt steve smith and boss were very overrated* to begin with
</p>

*</p>

Steve Smith when healthy is one of the best posession receivers in the league (with the right QB).* It looks like he will not flourish in Philly.* Bad move Steve.</p>

he played so bad last year though. he dropped a lot of passes and he looked slow (before the injuries)

ill take steve smith back next year in a heartbeat.. i think he'll be a giant again next year for sure

Overdrive92
10-17-2011, 09:47 PM
Cruz really has 21 receptions? Wow, doesn't feel like that many.

joeybagadonutz23
10-17-2011, 10:33 PM
This is as much a reflection on Eli as it is on that list of players.

NYGiant92
10-17-2011, 10:42 PM
LMAO Boss scored on a free play today. It was a field gay fake.

NYGiant92
10-17-2011, 10:42 PM
LMAO Boss scored on a free play today. It was a field gay fake.

goal*

NYfanatic
10-17-2011, 10:44 PM
Reeses only faults were O-line and secondary
- we need some more Oline depth or new LG
- we need some depth at CB or S

krygny
10-18-2011, 07:13 AM

And it's not just the veterans we let go compared to the up 'n' coming youngsters, but the depth we have. Everybody pissed and moaned about Reese not signing any FAs. WHO?!! This off-season was a weak free-agent class.

The Eagles went for high-end skill positions but they're thin across the board. We have hardly anyone who's going to the Pro Bowl, but with our backups, we have been able to keep it respectable, despite a ludicrous number of injuries. If the Eagles or Cowboys were to have half the injuries we've had, their season would be over.

chasjay
10-18-2011, 07:45 AM
</p>

</p>

The question to ask is did Smith and/or his agent really not realize Smith would not be the go to guy in Philadelphia? I have always felt they went after Smith to keep him away from the Giants. No matter, we have players who are producing.

I don't know about the Eagles' motives, but I really believe Smith bought the spin and thought Philly was a better shot at another SB. If so, I want him to be very, very wrong.

yoeddy
10-18-2011, 07:55 AM
- we need some more Oline depth or* new LG

We have depth in the secondary, which is why we are able to hold up with injuries to TT, Witherspoon, etc...

Diamondring
10-18-2011, 08:12 AM
- we need some more Oline depth or new LG
If our players stop getting hurt every year that we have to replace them with the same position, he may be able to concentrate on the things we need.

Redeyejedi
10-18-2011, 08:18 AM
Steve Smith should of been on the PUP. Rushing back like that could of ruined his career or at least set him back a couple years. Boss was way to expensive cant fault reese or the Giants for that 1. Plax is having the kind of year i figured he would have. Never wanted him back

Redeyejedi
10-18-2011, 08:21 AM
Really did u say that when he was setting the Giants record for receptions

yoeddy
10-18-2011, 08:24 AM
Steve Smith should of been on the PUP. Rushing back like that could of ruined his career or at least set him back a couple years. Boss was way to expensive cant fault reese or the Giants for that 1. Plax is having the kind of year i figured he would have. Never wanted him back

Also, Vick is not the tpe of QB who will get the most out of Smith...

little blue
10-18-2011, 08:25 AM
AHRIGHT, AHRIGHT, AHRIGHT...............U GON LEARN TAHDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!

gumby742
10-18-2011, 08:31 AM
Really did u say that when he was setting the Giants record for receptions</P>

I did and I know a bunch of others did also. Although, it was more along the lines of we shouldn't resign Steve Smith because he was obviously looking for Greg Jennings (and what Sidney Rice eventually got) type money. I'd rather have either of those guys over Smith. Smith also brings much less to the table than those 2.</P>

Gav_devils#56
10-18-2011, 08:55 AM

That would be a seriously ugly arse team. Probably include 3 linemen and big name cuts from other teams like Randy Moss. Eli would probabaly have been cut or at least benched at some point as well

LT_was_good
10-18-2011, 09:42 AM
Really did u say that when he was setting the Giants record for receptions

Yeah Smith was definitely not overrated prior to his injury. He may have overrated his own value post-injury. Boss wasn't overrated, either. He was a decent TE, but got paid like a good TE. Now we have another decent TE who looks like he may be better than Boss, and is being paid like an undrafted rookie.

RoanokeFan
10-18-2011, 09:46 AM

Well said.

cowboysblow
10-18-2011, 01:15 PM
Speaking of guys we all b**ched and moaned when they were allowed to work, let's add Barry Cofield. (Never understood it, the guy was never anything more than an average DT).

Through 5 games with the Redskins? He's got 5 tackles, one sack.