PDA

View Full Version : Did Mike Francessa make any prediction yet for NY vs SF?

bflo23
01-18-2012, 04:24 PM
All last week, he kept on doubting the Giants and kept on saying "When the smoke clears, Aaron Rodgers and the Packers will be left standing and will move on.".... And of course when the Giants won, Francessa went into Francessa mode to protect his pick and kind of downplayed the Giants win with his "Rodgers was off, too much time off for Packers, WRs dropped passes, who cares about the bad calls against the Giants, etc."

I wonder what his pick will be for this game. I wouldn't be surprised if he picked the 49ers.

BigBlue D
01-18-2012, 04:26 PM
I heard him pick the 9ers yesterday. I can't stand his arrogance with callers.

G-Man67
01-18-2012, 04:32 PM
i've listened to the guy since the mid 90s, but he really made me sick the other day not even knowing that the call on the field on the fumble play was changed well after the play had ended

then probably feeling foolish he tried to downplay the significance of a call on the field ... seriously ... how often do we hear the indusputable video evidence crap and why does Coughlin have to risk a challenge on a play that originally was ruled correctly for the Giants

finally, if the call on the field remained fumble ... either the Pack would not have challenged since it was soooo obviously a fumble or Leavy would not have been able to justify reversing the call

anyway, we've been down the road already ...

Pakman
01-18-2012, 04:34 PM
He said that he wouldn't be surprised if anyof the 4 teams won the superbowl

TrueBlue@NYC
01-18-2012, 04:37 PM
Some of what Francessca says makes sense, but his demeanor with the callers is really appalling. </P>

First, if the caller is disagreeing with him on something, he will immediately cut off the caller, and go on as if he made some point that the caller couldn't respond to. Meanwhile, it's only b/c he cut the guy off. </P>

And alot of times he cuts off callers before they even finish they're question and dismisses them. </P>

bflo23
01-18-2012, 04:38 PM

I knew it. He has been going on and on with the great 49ers defense and even Kim Jones is babbling about the 49ers defense. He is definitely arrogant and thinks he knows it all. He was ripping callers because giant fans had an issue with those 2 bogus Packers calls (jennings fumble and osi flag).... "Who cares about the bad calls because the Giants still won?"... "If the calls went the Giants way, nobody would be complaining."..... Fans want the correct calls and he doesn't understand that.

If the Giants should get by the 49ers and Pats beat Ravens, I wonder who Francessa would pick? He went on and on with the Packers, on and on with the 49ers and will be on and on with the Patriots (if they were to meet).

SIMMS5611
01-18-2012, 04:40 PM
I've had my fill of Mike. He's a total egomaniac, constantly talks over, interrupts, or just hangs up on callers. He's more of a Parcells lover than a Giant fan, although I think he'd rather be talking Yankees or horseracing, anyway. The Jets have plenty of Rah-Rah guys on WFAN. Who cares if I want a blatantly Pro-Giant broadcaster? They are the NEW YORK Giants, so you'd imagine there'd be one homer broadcaster...</P>

Oh well, at least it's better on SiriusXM NFL 88...I like listening to Bob Papa on there.</P>

Can only take so much Francessa.</P>

bflo23
01-18-2012, 04:42 PM
i've listened to the guy since the mid 90s, but he really made me sick the other day not even knowing that the call on the field on the fumble play was changed well after the play had ended

then probably feeling foolish he tried to downplay the significance of a call on the field ... seriously ... how often do we hear the indusputable video evidence crap and why does Coughlin have to risk a challenge on a play that originally was ruled correctly for the Giants</p>

finally, if the call on the field remained fumble ... either the Pack would not have challenged since it was soooo obviously a fumble or Leavy would not have been able to justify reversing the call</p>

anyway, we've been down the road already ...</p>

Yea. I heard that. He said the officials ruled the jennings play a fumble and he didn't realize that the officials changed it to down. When he finally realized that Coughlin had to challenge it, he said "It doesn't matter what the officials called it. The ref got the call wrong after looking at the replay."
</p>

Morehead State
01-18-2012, 04:43 PM
All last week, he kept on doubting the Giants and kept on saying "When the smoke clears, Aaron Rodgers and the Packers will be left standing and will move on.".... And of course when the Giants won, Francessa went into Francessa mode to protect his pick and kind of downplayed the Giants win with his "Rodgers was off, too much time off for Packers, WRs dropped passes, who cares about the bad calls against the Giants, etc."

I wonder what his pick will be for this game. I wouldn't be surprised if he picked the 49ers.

</P>

So in your mind, he's a baffoon because he picked a 15-1 team vs. a 10-7 team at home.</P>

He is certainly a dope, but not because he picked the Packers.</P>

BigBlue D
01-18-2012, 04:45 PM
Oh well, at least it's better on SiriusXM NFL 88...I like listening to Bob Papa on there.</p>

Can only take so much Francessa.</p>

I'm jealous, I need to get serious about Sirius. All I hear are good things.

BigBlue D
01-18-2012, 04:47 PM

I knew it. He has been going on and on with the great 49ers defense and even Kim Jones is babbling about the 49ers defense. He is definitely arrogant and thinks he knows it all. He was ripping callers because giant fans had an issue with those 2 bogus Packers calls (jennings fumble and osi flag).... "Who cares about the bad calls because the Giants still won?"... "If the calls went the Giants way, nobody would be complaining."..... Fans want the correct calls and he doesn't understand that.

If the Giants should get by the 49ers and Pats beat Ravens, I wonder who Francessa would pick? He went on and on with the Packers, on and on with the 49ers and will be on and on with the Patriots (if they were to meet).

He would probably jump to the Giants ship at that point, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he picked the Pats in that hypothetical situation.

bflo23
01-18-2012, 04:48 PM
Listening to him now... He is talking about what the Packers didn't do. He never talks about what the Giants did. "Why didn't the Packers tackle Bradshaw and let him get out bounds before the 1st half ended?".... "Why did Packers receivers drop the ball?".... "Why did Rodgers miss open receivers?"

Maybe he has something against the Giants and Jets because the players and coaches refuse to go on his show. Remember how much Strahan disliked him. Coughlin can't stand him either.

bflo23
01-18-2012, 04:50 PM
So in your mind, he's a baffoon because he picked a 15-1 team vs. a 10-7 team at home.</p>

He is certainly a dope, but not because he picked the Packers.</p>

Read the thread carefully.... He is a baffoon because he is a know it all with callers and when he is wrong, he won't admit it or would makes excuses.

BigBlue D
01-18-2012, 04:50 PM
Listening to him now... He is talking about what the Packers didn't do. He never talks about what the Giants did. "Why didn't the Packers tackle Bradshaw and let him get out bounds before the 1st half ended?".... "Why did Packers receivers drop the ball?".... "Why did Rodgers miss open receivers?"

Maybe he has something against the Giants and Jets because the players and coaches refuse to go on his show. Remember how much Strahan disliked him. Coughlin can't stand him either.

LOL You're probably right, earlier he was talking about how he invited Rex to come on the show 3 times since the season ended and he never got a response.

BigBlue D
01-18-2012, 04:51 PM

LOL You're probably right, earlier he was talking about how he invited Rex to come on the show 3 times since the season ended and he never got a response.

GOBIGBLUE52
01-18-2012, 04:51 PM
"Mike, I have a question about the Mets?"
"We're not talking about the Mets now, it's January. No mets, it's January. Simple. Matt from Uniondale you're on the fan"
"Hey Mike, I have a question about Derek Jeter's contract?"
"Ok, go ahead."

G-Man67
01-18-2012, 04:52 PM
Yea. I heard that. He said the officials ruled the jennings play a fumble and he didn't realize that the officials changed it to down. When he finally realized that Coughlin had to challenge it, he said "It doesn't matter what the officials called it. The ref got the call wrong after looking at the replay."
</p>

right and not to keep kicking this dead horses butt .. .he then ends all discussion of the call before he takes his 1st break ... meanwhile i've heard days upon days of silly Yankee drama talk in the offseason ... why can't we talk about getting screwed over, which he agreed we did!!!! ... and his game analysis was ... I'VE NEVER SEEN RODGERS PLAY THAT BAD, the Giants were lucky to have played a shell of the real Packers team ... PL ... EASE!!! ... i get that enraging a fan base is part of the deal ... but it should have been a day where Giants fans could enjoy a great victory any way we chose including talking about bad calls!!!!

SackingMyths
01-18-2012, 04:58 PM
Oh well, at least it's better on SiriusXM NFL 88...I like listening to Bob Papa on there.</p>

Can only take so much Francessa.</p>

I'm jealous, I need to get serious about Sirius. All I hear are good things.

You won't regret it. Unbiased, intelligent analysis with no agenda.

NFLRadio &gt; Wfan &gt; 1050Espn radio and the dreadful Michael Kay

BigBlue D
01-18-2012, 04:59 PM
Now he just said it's an even game, it can go either way. So who knows lol.

burier
01-18-2012, 05:01 PM
Some of what Francessca says makes sense, but his demeanor with the callers is really appalling. </P>

First, if the caller is disagreeing with him on something, he will immediately cut off the caller, and go on as if he made some point that the caller couldn't respond to. Meanwhile, it's only b/c he cut the guy off. </P>

And alot of times he cuts off callers before they even finish they're question and dismisses them. </P>

Yeah but that's par for the course with any type of talk radio. If you're not so pathetic that you'd wait on hold for a half hour just to agree with the host you're not gonna get to say your peice.

Giantz4Life
01-18-2012, 05:19 PM
It's really annoying to listen to Francesa just interrupt callers and then go off on a rant while he completely ignores the caller and eventually disconnects them.

Caller: "Hi Mike, two part question. "

Francesa: "I'm just going to answer the first part of your question, rant about that for a minute, and then cut you off without acknowledging your second part of the question."

Whoever said he is an egomaniac is spot-on. The guy loves hearing himself talk.

EZ_E
01-18-2012, 05:28 PM
"Mike, I have a question about the Mets?"
"We're not talking about the Mets now, it's January. No mets, it's January. Simple. Matt from Uniondale you're on the fan"
"Hey Mike, I have a question about Derek Jeter's contract?"
"Ok, go ahead."

LOL, too funny. I can totally hear him saying that.

CTLadyBlue
01-18-2012, 06:28 PM

Wouldn't want it any other way. Please. Pick against us. I beg you!

jomo
01-18-2012, 06:33 PM

Wouldn't want it any other way. Please. Pick against us. I beg you!It only matters if someone you respect picks against the Gmen. [;)]

fansince69
01-18-2012, 08:06 PM
His final cal was in a game with no turnovers...the giants win....meaning he thinks the Giants are the better team but turnovers( which can never be predicted)could change that....also I have heard him say several times this week that Greenbay played badly cause the Giant defense caused it.

but yes he is rude and arrogant

JayDAche
01-18-2012, 08:09 PM
If it makes ya'll feel any better,

Jason La Can******bag

Jamie Dukes

Have picked us to lose just about every game this year.

After we beat Tampa 48-7, Canfora proceeded to put Tampa ahead of us in the power rankings lol.

Half of these people are fools anyway.

Voldamort
01-18-2012, 08:14 PM
Does anybody care what the fat kid say's really??????

JJC7301
01-18-2012, 11:37 PM
Predicting SF is not exactly a stretch. That's a damn solid, fired up team over there. And picking Rodgers at home isn't a stretch either.

giantfanatic
01-18-2012, 11:42 PM
I listen to Mike alot. I like him generally, although he drove me and many fans crazy yesterday with his insisting that Osi did hit Rodgers in the head. If anything it was a glancing blow. He does not ever admit wrong or give the caller credit.

In fairness, he gets calls from lots of morons.
25 years of taking those calls - kind of makes you understand a bit of the push back.

The best stuff I heard since the game was when Ernie Acorsi was on mad dog radio. Now tha was a good interview. Went back over the Eli pick and the decision not to include Osi in the trade and his glowing support for Jerry Reese.

+3

wrekkincrew
01-19-2012, 12:33 AM
Mike Francessa is a joke and irrelevant. I don't watch him, wont watch him, and don't care what his prediction is. Here's my irrelevant prediction.
Giants 34
49ers 10

SIMMS5611
01-19-2012, 02:34 PM
Currently, he's once again talking down the Giants...."Giants got a GIFT they're not playing the Saints this week"...etc, etc....</P>

Don't really care for him....</P>

yatitle
01-19-2012, 02:41 PM
The only prediction Fatty will make that is 100% certain to come through is that he will be eating like a horse on Sunday.

jomo
01-19-2012, 02:42 PM
Why would anyone care??

freeoscar
01-19-2012, 02:48 PM
I think he was fair in the recap of the game - he gave the giants credit, but also apportioned some blame to the packers for their mistakes - which is 100% accurate. They did miss plays they hadn't all year, and had a massive breakdown on the hail Mary and the play leading up to it.
he did totally f-up the fumble scenario, and in typical fashion didn't just come out and admit he was wrong, but gave a mealy mouthed backout excuse.
my main issue with him is how he publicly berates the off the air guys - its classless and speaks (negatively) about his character. The true measure of a man is how he behaves when he has power over someone, and Francesca fails that test all the time.

TroyArcher
01-19-2012, 02:52 PM
I heard him say he is leaning towards both underdogs. That is with the points. He is alot less knowledgeable then most on this board and I don't really care who he picks.

AntB
01-19-2012, 02:53 PM
I don't think he's back from the donut shop yet.

DragonSoul
01-19-2012, 02:58 PM

then probably feeling foolish he tried to downplay the significance of a call on the field ... seriously ... how often do we hear the indusputable video evidence crap and why does Coughlin have to risk a challenge on a play that originally was ruled correctly for the Giants

finally, if the call on the field remained fumble ... either the Pack would not have challenged since it was soooo obviously a fumble or Leavy would not have been able to justify reversing the call

anyway, we've been down the road already ...I started to listen in the mid 90s as well when I would work as a driver. Man I cannot believe how bad most of them are.

Whats worse is how there are nearly NO Giant fan hosts.

There are a few good ones - Always liked Joe Beningo (seems to always be fair with the Giants), Tony Page (Bucs fan, but also right down the middle, he actually picked us to win vs GB and now SF), and Summers seems to be pretty fair. The moose seemed ok, but started to listen to him again, and man is he way off.

CTLadyBlue
01-19-2012, 03:09 PM
Currently, he's once again talking down the Giants...."Giants got a GIFT they're not playing the Saints this week"...etc, etc....</P>

Don't really care for him....</P>

Concurrently, The Niners got a gift that they don't have to go into possible sub-zero temperatures this weekend

Roswell777
01-19-2012, 03:24 PM
Exactly. Both teams are happy to be facing each other on Sunday.

Roswell777
01-19-2012, 03:24 PM
Exactly. Both teams are happy to be facing each other on Sunday.

DragonSoul
01-19-2012, 03:31 PM
Exactly. Both teams are happy to be facing each other on Sunday.I use to live near Sheepshead bay. Had a friend that use to live there, named Eli, or Eloosha.

Mighty 1ne
01-19-2012, 03:43 PM
are there any good GMen podcasts (or just good NY sports in general) on itunes I should subscribe to?

I don't have Sirius so : (

DragonSoul
01-19-2012, 03:47 PM
are there any good GMen podcasts (or just good NY sports in general) on itunes I should subscribe to?

I don't have Sirius so : (Maybe I should start one with my analysis lol. I am rocking it the last couple years :)

bflo23
01-19-2012, 03:53 PM
I started to listen in the mid 90s as well when I would work as a driver. Man I cannot believe how bad most of them are.

Whats worse is how there are nearly NO Giant fan hosts.

There are a few good ones - Always liked Joe Beningo (seems to always be fair with the Giants), Tony Page (Bucs fan, but also right down the middle, he actually picked us to win vs GB and now SF), and Summers seems to be pretty fair. The moose seemed ok, but started to listen to him again, and man is he way off.

Even though Beningo is a jet fan, I always thought he was the best, most knowledgeable and was courteous to callers. With Francessa, it is his way or no way.

JJC7301
01-19-2012, 04:02 PM
I started to listen in the mid 90s as well when I would work as a driver. Man I cannot believe how bad most of them are. Whats worse is how there are nearly NO Giant fan hosts. There are a few good ones - Always liked Joe Beningo (seems to always be fair with the Giants), Tony Page (Bucs fan, but also right down the middle, he actually picked us to win vs GB and now SF), and Summers seems to be pretty fair. The moose seemed ok, but started to listen to him again, and man is he way off.

Even though Beningo is a jet fan, I always thought he was the best, most knowledgeable and was courteous to callers. With Francessa, it is his way or no way.
</P>

Beningo's the best. And I like Summers a lot too.</P>

BParcells777
01-19-2012, 06:09 PM
He like most NY Sports writers hates the Giants and loves the Jets.......I guess they do not like to win

Even if he picks us he will be praying we lose

My cousin once went up to him, shook his hand and thanked him for his picks, he had made a fortune betting against him LOL Mike gave him a puss and pulled his hand away

nhpgiantsfan
01-19-2012, 06:19 PM
He just said "Thinks it will be a real close game but, gun to his head, he picks Giants by a field goal."

GMENAGAIN
01-19-2012, 06:21 PM
He like most NY Sports writers hates the Giants and loves the Jets.......I guess they do not like to win

Even if he picks us he will be praying we lose

My cousin once went up to him, shook his hand and thanked him for his picks, he had made a fortune betting against him LOL Mike gave him a puss and pulled his hand away
</P>

If you have ever listened to him you would know that he does not like the Jets.</P>

Have you ever been right about anything Jak?</P>

ngirard85'
01-19-2012, 06:41 PM
He just said "Thinks it will be a real close game but, gun to his head, he picks Giants by a field goal."

I can attest to this, listening as well.