PDA

View Full Version : Just chill with the Eli crap already

Roosevelt
10-17-2011, 11:40 AM
Are some of you really that desperate to hear praise for Eli? It seems every 3 or 4 threads there is some looking for some sort of confirmation of his play.

Eli is playing great ball right now. EVERYONE can see it.

And EVERY Giants fan hopes it continues all season.

BUT, we know our team has struggled down the stretch more times than not so let's allow those a little slack if they are feeling a little skepticism as we watch this season unfold.

But realize this. If Eli takes us through the entire season and into the playoffs at this level no one can say he hasn't arrived and everyone will be looking forward to see what we can do next year.

So can we just chill with the Eli crap?

hnicks2010
10-17-2011, 11:42 AM
don't complain about unnecessary threads and then make one.

JMFP2
10-17-2011, 11:43 AM
Are some of you really that desperate to hear praise for Eli? It seems every 3 or 4 threads there is some looking for some sort of confirmation of his play.

BUT, we know our team has struggled down the stretch more times than not so let's allow those a little slack if they are feeling a little skepticism as we watch this season unfold.

But realize this. If Eli takes us through the entire season and into the playoffs at this level no one can say he hasn't arrived and everyone will be looking forward to see what we can do next year.

</P>

I understand your thoughts on this, but if Eli gets us into the playoffs, I doubt it will change the minds of the Eli haters out there. </P>

After all, Eli is a Super Bowl MVP, and some people talk about him likehe's Ryan Leaf, which brings the Eli supporters out to defend him....wash, rinse, repeat.</P>

pjam84
...as you create a new post about eli.

giantsfan420
somethiing tells me if eli has a bad game, u wold be the first person riling **** up, as yo have done in the past.

so now that eli's play is leaving no stone unturned to make sure there is no way to rag on him, we should suddenly chill?

so now its, according to ur posts, "no one can rag on anyone besides eli" and "we can't be happy and post how awesome eli has been playing"

something tells me you don't make the rules around here. i am all for people posting whatever they like, it leads to debates.

if u dont want to debate giants issues, maybe ur in the wrong place.

just my honest opinion

NY_Eli
10-17-2011, 11:45 AM
Someone should just make a sticky 'Discuss Eli Manning' thread. That way there won't be a billion threads that all devolve into the same 4-5 people discussing the exact same things over and over.

TuckYou
10-17-2011, 11:45 AM

</P>

I understand your thoughts on this, but if Eli gets us into the playoffs, I doubt it will change the minds of the Eli haters out there. </P>

After all, Eli is a Super Bowl MVP, and some people talk about him likehe's Ryan Leaf, which brings the Eli supporters out to defend him....wash, rinse, repeat.</P>

</P>

Or the Eli lovers.... God I hate these gay *** terms. No one here who is a Giants fan Hates Eli. I dont hate him. I think he is a nice guy. Heis justisnt ELITE.End of story. Eli lover boy. lol</P>

hnicks2010
10-17-2011, 11:46 AM
somethiing tells me if eli has a bad game, u wold be the first person riling **** up, as yo have done in the past.

so now that eli's play is leaving no stone unturned to make sure there is no way to rag on him, we should suddenly chill?

so now its, according to ur posts, "no one can rag on anyone besides eli" and "we can't be happy and post how awesome eli has been playing"

something tells me you don't make the rules around here. i am all for people posting whatever they like, it leads to debates.

just my honest opinion

I honestly feel as though a few people on this MB would actually be HAPPIER with a game that Eli underperformed in, just so they have something to talk about on this MB. I know it can't actually be that way, but I ALWAYS get that vibe here.

burier
10-17-2011, 11:53 AM
As said Eli won a SB MVP. He already outplayed Garcia, Romo, Favre and Brady in the Playoffs and SB. He already Qbed the greatest upset in SB history so I think its safe to assume that no matter what kinda of season he has he'll still get hate and then the consistency talk will just switch from "I wish he'd play better in November and December" to "He's inconsistent until he does it multiple seasons in a row"

There will always be something to complain about because its not his play that was ever the problem..Its a number of other reasons that will never change.

Morehead State
10-17-2011, 11:54 AM
don't complain about unnecessary threads and then make one.</P>

This thread is VERY necessary.</P>

Can we please enjoy a win for God's sake?</P>

The whole "You Eli haters don't give Eli enough credit" crap is nonsense. No one hates Eli. When he plays well as he is now, he will get plenty of credit from me.</P>

But youEli defendersjust can't leave it there. It has to be over the top which starts stupid arguments.</P>

It has to be "What does Eli have to do to say he's elite" and "Eli is the Tom Brady of the NFC".</P>

It always has to be over the top. It never stops.</P>

</P>

giantsfan420
10-17-2011, 11:56 AM

*Can we please enjoy a win for God's sake?</P>

The whole "You Eli haters don't give Eli enough credit" crap is nonsense.** No one hates Eli.* When he plays well as he is now, he will get plenty of credit from me.</P>

But you*Eli defenders*just can't leave it there.* It has to be over the top which starts stupid arguments.</P>

It has to be "What does Eli have to do to say he's elite" and "Eli is the Tom Brady of the NFC".</P>

It always has to be over the top.* It never stops.</P>

*</P>

so people making posts saying eli is playing elite is not them enjoying the win? lmfao.

i think the only people who aren't enjoying the win are u and rosie bc eli is getting a ton of well deserve praise.

i dont know if u rnt enjoying the win, but ur post seems to indicate that bc of the praise eli is getting, you can't enjoy the win...lmfao

BeatYale
The forum is full of people who aren't all there mentally. The elevator doesn't go to the top floor where the light bulb is.

I bet you're one of them btw. Crying after any loss labeling the season as a bust because of one game.

You need to relax man, same as those people you're pointing a finger at right now.

hnicks2010

*Can we please enjoy a win for God's sake?</P>

The whole "You Eli haters don't give Eli enough credit" crap is nonsense.** No one hates Eli.* When he plays well as he is now, he will get plenty of credit from me.</P>

But you*Eli defenders*just can't leave it there.* It has to be over the top which starts stupid arguments.</P>

It always has to be over the top.* It never stops.</P>

*</P>

How is a thread telling people to stop celebrating Eli's success enjoying a win? People saying that Eli is great, perhaps elite ARE enjoying the game. They're just more hyped about good play than you are.

Get the sand out of your vagina and enjoy a game and Eli's good play. And if you see someone saying "ELI IS ELITE :DDD" let it happen, as misguided as you think they may be. This thread is completely useless and it was extremely hypocritical to even post it.

Roosevelt
10-17-2011, 11:57 AM

</p>

I understand your thoughts on this, but if Eli gets us into the playoffs, I doubt it will change the minds of the Eli haters out there. </p>

After all, Eli is a Super Bowl MVP, and some people talk about him likehe's Ryan Leaf, which brings the Eli supporters out to defend him....wash, rinse, repeat.</p>

Eli is a SP winning MVP that had a down &amp; up year in 2007 and has continued (until now) to be up &amp; down.

Consistency is key. If he is consistent this year I believe he will earn the respect that a number of his fans so desperately crave.

Morehead State
I would submit that 90% of the arguments here about Eli start with some guy who calls people Eli haters and talks about how Eli is an "elite" QB.</P>

They always start with the Eli defenders taking it way to far.</P>

Roosevelt

Yeah, with a different point.

Roosevelt
10-17-2011, 11:58 AM
don't complain about unnecessary threads and then make one.

Really don't mind if you sit this one out.

hnicks2010
10-17-2011, 12:00 PM
Are some of you really that desperate to hear praise for Eli?* It seems every 3 or 4 threads there is some looking for some sort of confirmation of his play.

Eli is playing great ball right now.* EVERYONE can see it.

But realize this.* If Eli takes us through the entire season and into the playoffs at this level no one can say he hasn't arrived and everyone will be looking forward to see what we can do next year.

So can we just chill with the Eli crap?*
</p>

I understand your thoughts on this, but if Eli gets us into the playoffs, I doubt it will change the minds of the Eli haters out there.* </p>

After all, Eli is a Super Bowl MVP, and some people talk about him like*he's Ryan Leaf, which brings the Eli supporters out to defend him....wash, rinse, repeat.</p>

Eli is a SP winning MVP that had a down & up year in 2007 and has continued (until now) to be up & down.

Consistency is key.* If he is consistent this year I believe he will earn the respect that a number of his fans so desperately crave.*

Yet, you still attribute "up and down" solely to Eli. And if you aren't doing that purposefully, you come off that way. Can't you fathom that maybe, just maybe, Eli's "ups and downs" that lead to his "inconsistencies" didn't originate from inconsistent QB play?

no way.

hnicks2010
10-17-2011, 12:00 PM

Yeah, with a different point.

That ends in the same result. Get a clue.

Morehead State
10-17-2011, 12:01 PM

</P>

Eli is a SP winning MVP that had a down &amp; up year in 2007 and has continued (until now) to be up &amp; down.

Consistency is key. If he is consistent this year I believe he will earn the respect that a number of his fans so desperately crave.
</P>

I'm with you 100% Rosie. I couldn't be happier that Eli is playing well because its helping our team win games. And Giants wins are what matters.</P>

If he plays well I'm going to say so because its a Giants MB and thats what its for.</P>

If he plays crappy I'm going to say so because its a Giants MB and thats what its for.</P>

LT_was_good
10-17-2011, 12:01 PM
I would submit that 90% of the arguments here about Eli start with some guy who calls people Eli haters and talks about how Eli is an "elite" QB.</p>

They always start with the Eli defenders taking it way to far.</p>

I think some posters have taken the "I told you Eli was good" notion a bit too far this year. It may simply be a reaction to some of the over-the-top threads during the off-season, such as "trade to get Andrew Luck" or "start Carr." The extreme on either end is rarely pretty.

hnicks2010
10-17-2011, 12:02 PM
I would submit that 90% of the arguments here about Eli start with some guy who calls people Eli haters and talks about how Eli is an "elite" QB.</P>

Okay, and if it bothers you so, ignore it. Let them enjoy it. Why bring others down to "reality" when they could be happy and woefully ignorant enough to believe Eli to be a top 5 Elite QB in the league.

Why strip them of that?

byron
10-17-2011, 12:04 PM

hey Rosey good try but some around here just won't stop with it...it will continue till the day Eli is done as a giant imo....I try not to read the stuff anymore it just ruins wins and is a bit upsetting for me anyway to see the junk over and over...pretty much ruins the reading around here when there is so much of it...so I'll go back to avoiding them again....anyway good to hear from ya ...

Ruttiger711
10-17-2011, 12:04 PM

</P>

</P>

I dont think anyone can deny that the EXACT OPPOSITE happens after a loss. </P>

</P>

Morehead State
10-17-2011, 12:05 PM

Okay, and if it bothers you so, ignore it. Let them enjoy it. Why bring others down to "reality" when they could be happy and woefully ignorant enough to believe Eli to be a top 5 Elite QB in the league. Why strip them of that?</P>

I won't do that. </P>

Most of the "Eli is Great" posts are more "Eli is Great and anyone who thinks he isn't is a hater"</P>

I simply won't let it stand. That will never happen. When someone says something I disagree with, I will tell them so.</P>

Thats what a MB is for. </P>

Mod_C
10-17-2011, 12:06 PM
One man's treasure.....

No one would advocate "censorship" I am sure, right? The life of these boards is people communicating their thoughts. As long as that's done civilly, a challenge for some, no harm, no foul. We all have the right to read, or not, posts and threads and we should exercize those rights when appropriate.

In the meantime, HOW 'BOUT THEM GIANTS?

fourth&forever
10-17-2011, 12:09 PM
This MB can't spell bELlicose or bELligerent without 'ELI'.

Rosie's right. Its just constant war on this Eli/elite crap.

End the war. Bring our troops home now!

hnicks2010
10-17-2011, 12:09 PM

Okay, and if it bothers you so, ignore it. Let them enjoy it. Why bring others down to "reality" when they could be happy and woefully ignorant enough to believe Eli to be a top 5 Elite QB in the league. Why strip them of that?</P>

I won't do that.* </P>

Most of the "Eli is Great" posts are more "Eli is Great and anyone who thinks he isn't is a hater"</P>

I simply won't let it stand.* That will never happen.* When someone says something I disagree with, I will tell them so.</P>

Thats what a MB is for.* </P>

Okay, then don't ***** and complain when people make threads that acknowledge Eli's great play. Because I know for a fact that you'll be in the "Eli isn't that great" threads telling all the homers how it really is.

Why would you agree with someone telling others to stop making threads hyping a GIANTS player up on A GIANTS MESSAGE BOARD. It's wrong to think that "Eli is great"? Especially after how well he's been playing this season with the amount of unjustified hate and doubt he received prior to the start of the season.

What is wrong with you?

DEgiants89
10-17-2011, 12:10 PM

wait what are you complaining about? that ppl praise eli too much or that they don't?

BeatYale
10-17-2011, 12:11 PM

Okay, and if it bothers you so, ignore it. Let them enjoy it. Why bring others down to "reality" when they could be happy and woefully ignorant enough to believe Eli to be a top 5 Elite QB in the league.

Why strip them of that?

This is people simply taking all of this too seriously. Not just the people posting "I told you so!" topics, but the people who are admitting those topics bother them.

Some of these guys have a ridiculous amount of total posts on this forum, which means they have been around here for years. You'd think they would learn to relax by now and realize that you cannot police the content on this forum.

Roosevelt
10-17-2011, 12:12 PM

Really? Then you would have heard me ripping him after the Seahawks game. Go ask your friend RC what I said about Eli after that game.

Yes. If "eli's play is leaving no stone unturned to make sure there is no way to rag on him" as you say, then why do you need confirmation from anybody else?

Can't you see it for yourself?

so now its, according to ur posts, "no one can rag on anyone besides eli"

Who said you can't rag on anybody? I think there is plenty to be concerned about with our defense right now.

and "we can't be happy and post how awesome eli has been playing"

just my honest opinion

You're missing the point...again.

Of course you can be happy and post about how great Eli is playing. In fact we all you should be.

His play is obvious. I don't need anyone to tell me how well he's playing right now. I don't give a rats *** that he didn't throw a TD yesterday even though he deserves to have had.

We all know what's going on. And just I think it's pretty embarrassing that we have a bunch of "fans" that feel the need to confirm it.

Roosevelt
10-17-2011, 12:15 PM

just my honest opinion

I honestly feel as though a few people on this MB would actually be HAPPIER with a game that Eli underperformed in, just so they have something to talk about on this MB. I know it can't actually be that way, but I ALWAYS get that vibe here.

No way.

If someone is that much of a hater I don't even waste my time reading or responding to the thread.

hnicks2010
10-17-2011, 12:17 PM
"His play is obvious. I don't need anyone to tell me how well he's playing right now."

You don't think the homers say the same thing about when he has a bad game and every thread you see on this MB is "Eli is terrible. Start Carr" "This team is a 4-12 team" "At least we can get Luck now".

You are so ridiculous.

burier

Really?* Then you would have heard me ripping him after the Seahawks game.* Go ask your friend RC what I said about Eli after that game.

Yes.* If "eli's play is leaving no stone unturned to make sure there is no way to rag on him" as you say, then why do you need confirmation from anybody else?*

*so now its, according to ur posts, "no one can rag on anyone besides eli"

Who said you can't rag on anybody?* I think there is plenty to be concerned about with our defense right now.

*and "we can't be happy and post how awesome eli has been playing"

just my honest opinion

Of course you can be happy and post about how great Eli is playing.* In fact we all you should be.

His play is obvious.* I don't need anyone to tell me how well he's playing right now.* I don't give a rats *** that he didn't throw a TD yesterday even though he deserves to have had.*

We all know what's going on.* And just I think it's pretty embarrassing that we have a bunch of "fans" that feel the need to confirm it.

To Be fair Eli actually played well in the Seahawks game so there wasn't too much to rip other than 1 pic early in the game.

Roosevelt

</p>

I understand your thoughts on this, but if Eli gets us into the playoffs, I doubt it will change the minds of the Eli haters out there. </p>

After all, Eli is a Super Bowl MVP, and some people talk about him likehe's Ryan Leaf, which brings the Eli supporters out to defend him....wash, rinse, repeat.</p>

</p>

Or the Eli lovers.... God I hate these gay *** terms. No one here who is a Giants fan Hates Eli. I dont hate him. I think he is a nice guy. Heis justisnt ELITE.End of story. Eli lover boy. lol</p>

Except for a few throws yesterday he was looking pretty damned "elite" to me.

I don't think Eli has EVER thrown the ball this well in his life. He's in total charge and he's playing great.

hnicks2010
10-17-2011, 12:18 PM

just my honest opinion

No way.

If someone is that much of a hater I don't even waste my time reading or responding to the thread.*

Well it's hard to do that when "someone that much of a hater" is 75% of this MB after a bad loss. and the other 25% are the "homers" that are blind.

Roosevelt
10-17-2011, 12:19 PM

Really? Then you would have heard me ripping him after the Seahawks game. Go ask your friend RC what I said about Eli after that game.

Yes. If "eli's play is leaving no stone unturned to make sure there is no way to rag on him" as you say, then why do you need confirmation from anybody else?

so now its, according to ur posts, "no one can rag on anyone besides eli"

Who said you can't rag on anybody? I think there is plenty to be concerned about with our defense right now.

and "we can't be happy and post how awesome eli has been playing"

just my honest opinion

Of course you can be happy and post about how great Eli is playing. In fact we all you should be.

His play is obvious. I don't need anyone to tell me how well he's playing right now. I don't give a rats *** that he didn't throw a TD yesterday even though he deserves to have had.

We all know what's going on. And just I think it's pretty embarrassing that we have a bunch of "fans" that feel the need to confirm it.

To Be fair Eli actually played well in the Seahawks game so there wasn't too much to rip other than 1 pic early in the game.

Agreed. The only argument could be to protect the ball better. But like I said I thought he played well despite the loss.

bklyn1028
10-17-2011, 12:23 PM
You know, I sit here at work, and it's slow. So I come on here and read thaoughts from my fellow Giants fans. Most of you are living in NY, or NJ (sorry about that)..lol....some like me moved out of NY and live somewhere else (florida), and some live elsewhere (BB2), God save him for living in rainy England and loving the jints. And as I read, I just don't understand some of the bickering/bantering. Eli is great, Eli sucks, Eli lives off his brother's reputation, Eli is like Archie (although I always respected him when he played for the Saints). If someone says Eli is elite, so be it. If someone says he isn't...so be it. Debate it, but don't get your panties in a bunch, it's just opinions. Post about the wins / loses. Eli is no better or worse than any other quarterback in the league. My God, his brother throws interceptions, so does Brady. The kid plays with heart, and that is all that matters.
5 dollar......5 dollar.....(come one sing with me)....5 dollar footlong.....

zimonami
10-17-2011, 12:25 PM
Was Joe Montana elite? Absolutely.</P>

Was Phil Simms or Jeff Hostetler elite. Probably not. But, I don't care because Simms and Hoss both beat Montana on the way to the '86 and '90 SB's. </P>

Is Tom Brady elite? Absolutely.</P>

Is Eli Elite? Well, I don't care. Only time will tell. I only know that Eli beat Brady in a SB.</P>

Eli's our QB. Some days he's not as good as others. He's human, like Montana and Brady. </P>

I'm happy with Eli... he gives us a chance to win every time we suit up. That's all that matters.</P>

Roosevelt
10-17-2011, 12:25 PM
don't complain about unnecessary threads and then make one.</p>

This thread is VERY necessary.</p>

Can we please enjoy a win for God's sake?</p>

The whole "You Eli haters don't give Eli enough credit" crap is nonsense. No one hates Eli. When he plays well as he is now, he will get plenty of credit from me.</p>

But youEli defendersjust can't leave it there. It has to be over the top which starts stupid arguments.</p>

It has to be "What does Eli have to do to say he's elite" and "Eli is the Tom Brady of the NFC".</p>

It always has to be over the top. It never stops.</p>

</p>

Exactly.

giantsfan420
10-17-2011, 12:31 PM
your SERIOUS problem is, you think people posting eli is playing well/elite/whatever IS DIRECTED AT YOU.

i have yet to see, except from rob c who absolutely goes to far, anyone single u out when talking about eli.

you take eli playing well posts to heart, can't YOU see that?

anyone who would go "we all know eli is playing well, can we stop it with this crap" has serious issues understanding what this MB is for.

Read Mod-C's post in the second page, he is dead on accurate.

YOU DON'T LIKE IT, YOU DONT HAVE TO PARTAKE IN IT. you telling people to stop posting about eli is ridiculous

hnicks2010
10-17-2011, 12:31 PM
don't complain about unnecessary threads and then make one.</p>

This thread is VERY necessary.</p>

*Can we please enjoy a win for God's sake?</p>

The whole "You Eli haters don't give Eli enough credit" crap is nonsense.** No one hates Eli.* When he plays well as he is now, he will get plenty of credit from me.</p>

But you*Eli defenders*just can't leave it there.* It has to be over the top which starts stupid arguments.</p>

It has to be "What does Eli have to do to say he's elite" and "Eli is the Tom Brady of the NFC".</p>

It always has to be over the top.* It never stops.</p>

*</p>

Exactly.

Good, then enjoy it, and let others enjoy it. And delete this thread too, because clearly the enjoyment of this past victory was not in mind when creating it.

hnicks2010
10-17-2011, 12:32 PM
your SERIOUS problem is, you think people posting eli is playing well/elite/whatever IS DIRECTED AT YOU.

i have yet to see, except from rob c who absolutely goes to far, anyone single u out when talking about eli.

you take eli playing well posts to heart, can't YOU see that?

anyone who would go "we all know eli is playing well, can we stop it with this crap" has serious issues understanding what this MB is for.

Read Mod-C's post in the second page, he is dead on accurate.

YOU DON'T LIKE IT, YOU DONT HAVE TO PARTAKE IN IT. you telling people to stop posting about eli is ridiculous

+1

ajd121
10-17-2011, 12:38 PM
The Eli haters' lament...

bigblue58
10-17-2011, 12:43 PM
People only go out of their way to give Eli extra praise, because the lukewarm cudo's that the media and certain posters begrudgingly give him for playing good, never matches the vitriol they express when he's made mistakes!
If you read the NY Post today, you'd never know that Eli had a great day, because they never even mention it. By the same token, they go overboard writing about Tom Brady's "incredible" 4th qtr comeback, yet never mention how bad Brady played up until that last 21/2 minutes!
Let's just acknowledge that there are people on this board who can't stand when Eli is playing well. They want him to fail, so they can trash him!

hnicks2010
10-17-2011, 12:45 PM
They ****ty thing is that when Giants fan get tired of seeing the media piss all over Eli's efforts, and try to get some kind of escape from the bull they see everywhere else then come here... only to see the same bull being spat out all of this MB. Perhaps that's where all the "hater" angst comes from.

byron
10-17-2011, 12:46 PM
I guess for me I would like to see the bickering stop... but hey I'mpretty sure that's not going to happen...and I don't see bickering as adebate but more of a pissing match, much like what this thread has become....but like mod c has said one doesn't have to read it or participate...But I like many of the posters in this thread so I checked it out and here we are fighting over Eli or the perception of Eli....oh well....it was a nice win yesterday many of our players played well if not all......I'm out....sorry

ryan12
10-17-2011, 12:52 PM
You know, I sit here at work, and it's slow. So I come on here and read thaoughts from my fellow Giants fans. Most of you are living in NY, or NJ (sorry about that)..lol....some like me moved out of NY and live somewhere else (florida), and some live elsewhere (BB2), God save him for living in rainy England and loving the jints. And as I read, I just don't understand some of the bickering/bantering. Eli is great, Eli sucks, Eli lives off his brother's reputation, Eli is like Archie (although I always respected him when he played for the Saints). If someone says Eli is elite, so be it. If someone says he isn't...so be it. Debate it, but don't get your panties in a bunch, it's just opinions. Post about the wins / loses. Eli is no better or worse than any other quarterback in the league. My God, his brother throws interceptions, so does Brady. The kid plays with heart, and that is all that matters.
5 dollar......5 dollar.....(come one sing with me)....5 dollar footlong.....

perfect my thoughts as well

giantsfan420
10-17-2011, 12:55 PM
People only go out of their way to give Eli extra praise, because the lukewarm cudo's that the media and certain posters begrudgingly give him for playing good, never matches the vitriol they express when he's made mistakes!
If you read the NY Post today, you'd never know that Eli had a great day, because they never even mention it. By the same token, they go overboard writing about Tom Brady's "incredible" 4th qtr comeback, yet never mention how bad Brady played up until that last 21/2 minutes!
Let's just acknowledge that there are people on this board who can't stand when Eli is playing well. They want him to fail, so they can trash him!

excellent post imo

GameTime
10-17-2011, 12:59 PM

</P>

Homers want constant validation that Eli is a very good QB and those who dont like Eli want constant comparrisons to show why he had a good. The homers make excuses for why Eli has a bad game the haters makes excuses for why he has a good game. </P>

I like Eli and defend and critisize him....some times with in minutes of one another duringa game...lol.</P>

But all these threads on either side of the Eli fence get boring. Just like the TC , Gilbride, and Fewel threads...</P>

but thats what message boards breed......</P>

</P>

bigblue58
10-17-2011, 01:09 PM

excellent post imo

Thank you!

Morehead State
10-17-2011, 01:12 PM
your SERIOUS problem is, you think people posting eli is playing well/elite/whatever IS DIRECTED AT YOU. i have yet to see, except from rob c who absolutely goes to far, anyone single u out when talking about eli. you take eli playing well posts to heart, can't YOU see that? anyone who would go "we all know eli is playing well, can we stop it with this crap" has serious issues understanding what this MB is for. Read Mod-C's post in the second page, he is dead on accurate. YOU DON'T LIKE IT, YOU DONT HAVE TO PARTAKE IN IT. you telling people to stop posting about eli is ridiculous</P>

I don't think you understand my point. I have no problem with someone saying that Eli played well. I may or may not agree of course, and I will say so in either case.</P>

But those aren't the posts that bug me. Its the posts aimed at those who criticize Eli, or go after those who suggest that he needs to protect the ball better. These are not pro Eli posts or threads. they are posts or threads that go after critics of Eli.</P>

So yes, as a guy who has critcized Eli a lot since the end of last season, it is aimed at me, or at least guys who share my point of view.</P>

When someone starts a thread thats says, "what does Eli have to do forsome to say that he's elite", that is aimed at critics of Eli. Its not a simple statement that they think Eli is an elite QB.</P>

</P>

Morehead State
10-17-2011, 01:14 PM

</P>

Homers want constant validation that Eli is a very good QB and those who dont like Eli want constant comparrisons to show why he had a good. The homers make excuses for why Eli has a bad game the haters makes excuses for why he has a good game. </P>

I like Eli and defend and critisize him....some times with in minutes of one another duringa game...lol.</P>

But all these threads on either side of the Eli fence get boring. Just like the TC , Gilbride, and Fewel threads...</P>

but thats what message boards breed......</P>

</P>

</P>

There are no "haters". The premise of your point is wrong. We all root for, and like Eli. And with a few exceptions (a few crazies), we all think he's a good QB.</P>

bklyn1028
10-17-2011, 01:15 PM
I tell you what, I bet you Tom Brady can't do as good a Toyota commercial as Eli can....there....and where was Drew Brees when the "Football Cops" showed up...huh.....how about them apples.