PDA

View Full Version : Another missed call in 3 qtr which I noticed last night wtih re-watch.

sheepdip
01-18-2012, 04:39 PM
It was 3rd and 2 or something like near the start of the 3rd qt and we ran our normal shotgun formation with single back to the side . It was a delayed hand off and it went to Ware who looked like he easily got 3 yards but the ref pullled the ball about a yard and a half back even worst that in the Falcons game.
I dont know if anyone noticed this or not but you can see Ware's face looking at the ref in disgust.

This would have been a 1st down at midfield !!!! which could have lead to points yet we punted becuase of the stu pid Zebras again. I know the Osi hit and missed calls where mostly the topics of conversation but this little play should also be included.

I was peeed off when I saw this. The guy ran across the filed and spotted it way behind. I am still peed at the call.

Anyone else notice ?

NJ10
01-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Yeah i noticed that. The refs better make up for it and give us the benefit of the doubt against the 49ers and swing some calls our way for a change.

JMGGIANTS
01-18-2012, 04:45 PM
I will make sure to check it out tonight on NFL Network Replay</P>

sheepdip
01-18-2012, 04:50 PM
They may not show it as it is a condensed version. I hope so.

It was around the start of the 3d qt or at least with lots of time left on the clock in this qtr.
I have the game taped and was watching after the half time and noticed it. I rewind-ed it over and over and it was disturbing.

Robert21156
01-18-2012, 04:57 PM
It was 3rd and 2 or something like near the start of the 3rd qt and we ran our normal shotgun formation with single back to the side . It was a delayed hand off and it went to Ware who looked like he easily got 3 yards but the ref pullled the ball about a yard and a half back even worst that in the Falcons game.
I dont know if anyone noticed this or not but you can see Ware's face looking at the ref in disgust.

This would have been a 1st down at midfield !!!! which could have lead to points yet we punted becuase of the stu pid Zebras again. I know the Osi hit and missed calls where mostly the topics of conversation but this little play should also be included.

I was peeed off when I saw this. The guy ran across the filed and spotted it way behind. I am still peed at the call.

Anyone else notice ?
Oh yeah, my son and I screamed at the TV, actually we screamed at the ref. Don't know how the Gmen can get screwed CONTINUALLY like we have over the past 4 games (amazing we ended up winning all of them convincingly) by the refs. If one guy misses the spot by about a yard, wouldn't you think the ref from the other side of the field would come running in and get it right? Ware and the ball landed right on the yellow line, yet the spot was about a yard back. Everyone saw it, but minimal comments were made about it. Reminds you of the bad spot just one week prior in the Falcons game right before half which cost us a drive. Refs have been terrible for us lately, and these were not even judgement calls, just either poor eyesight or the often mentioned conspiracy.</P>

</P>

Ruttiger711
01-18-2012, 05:04 PM
They may not show it as it is a condensed version. I hope so.

It was around the start of the 3d qt or at least with lots of time left on the clock in this qtr.
I have the game taped and was watching after the half time and noticed it. I rewind-ed it over and over and it was disturbing.
</P>

To my surprise I've heard quite a few commentators writers etc talk about this as as part of the terrible officiating ... it didnt go unnoticed... it was definitely part of NFLN's replay package... and you can hear Deon saying "Terrible spot... Terrible spot..."</P>

But you're right - we needed 2 - he at LEAST got 2-1/2 where it was no question he got the first and they ran in and marked that ball a full yard short of where he landed... awful awful refs.</P>

uhhuhyup22
01-18-2012, 05:09 PM
I got in arguement about this one. </P>

Ware landed and the ball looked like it should be spotted past Fox's yellow line. We rewound the DVR over and over. The problem is that the wide camera angleshows Ware's back and not the ball.</P>

I blamed FOX for notshowing any other angle. Ifigured we would challenge andtwo seconds later we were punting. My buddy said theGiant's staff should have caughtit butthey rely on FOXto give them the different camera angles. I was pissed </P>

pino
01-18-2012, 05:12 PM
Yeah, it was a bad spot. I've heard several commentators notice this too. Pretty much the world knows that was horribly officiated. Everyone but NFL admits it.

bflo23
01-18-2012, 05:16 PM

Anyone else notice ?

I noticed it and called it right away. I thought it was an easy 1st down at the time but the official brought it back a yard. The NFL Network guys did a good job and were ripping the officials on that spot call in the highlights. 3 terrible calls against the Giants.

miked1958
01-18-2012, 07:44 PM

Anyone else notice ?

Yep. I mentioned this in two or three threads right after game. We could of got points there. Instead we punt and thy get a FG. So really u take the 3 horrible calls away from GB ( the Osi and fumble they got Tds off them) that's 17 points they lose and no telling what we score off the the extra possessions. Final could of been 37-3 or worse if not for Refs

TuckYou
01-18-2012, 07:51 PM
IMO, it was equally as bad as the Nicks bad spot call.

Drez
01-18-2012, 07:56 PM
It was a bad spot, but I don't think Ware had enough to get the first anyway.

miked1958
01-18-2012, 08:05 PM
It was a bad spot, but I don't think Ware had enough to get the first anyway.
Oh he did. Go back and rewatch it. He spun and fell backward over the marker. Half his body was over the line and half was not. But no knee ever touched and the ball was well past the marker. The referee moved the ball back almost a yard and a half from where he ended up. We get hosed on so many calls

hungrrrry
01-18-2012, 08:16 PM

Anyone else notice ?
nope that went well-noticed