PDA

View Full Version : REVENGE

redbeardxxv
01-18-2012, 05:51 PM
Ok, so this will be under the premise that we win in SF, which is absolutely NOT a given. But this thread would not work after the game.
So, would you prefer a Pats/Giants rematch, or a Ravens/Giants rematch?
I think I'd prefer to face the Ravens. We've beaten the Pats in the SB and once this year. The Ravens EMBARRASSED us in 2000. I'd LOVE to repay the favor, and this Offence can produce, even against their strong defense.
Which rematch would you prefer?

BigBlue D
01-18-2012, 05:57 PM
In this completely hypothetical situation, I would want the Ravens as well, for the same reasons you expressed. I remember that Super Bowl like it was yesterday.

MikeIsaGiant
01-18-2012, 05:58 PM
I want the Ravens, mostly because I am more scared of the Patriots.... I KNOW I KNOW, we beat them in the season..

But for some reason, after beating them in 07 and beating them this season, I feel like they can win this game.

I know law of averages isn't real, but I have that feeling.

Rudyy
01-18-2012, 05:58 PM
At first I wanted a Giants/Patriots rematch..but then I figured it would be so annoying because of the 2008 super bowl references over and over and over. I have a feeling Brady would be pissed and come out swinging like he did with the Broncos.

Cindy in INdy
01-18-2012, 06:04 PM
Ravens for me. Pats are done and out with the trash as far as I am concerned. The proverbial fork has done been stuck in them as far as My Gmen go.

DEgiants89
01-18-2012, 06:06 PM
agreed for revenge with the ravens. Although Ed Reed has a knack of shutting out those long balls. Either way I am anxious about our football game against the 49ers. Whoever comes in our way (pats/ravens/49ers)....let's stomp them out!

TrueBlue@NYC
01-18-2012, 06:07 PM
IF we can pull it out on sunday, I would rather face the Ravens just to make up for that 2000 SB thrashing. Also, I always root for seeing different teams in the SB and am tired of the Pats being there so much. </P>

Getting revenge on the Ravens for 2000 would heal a forgotten wound in the franchise although none of the players or coaches remain from that team. </P>

jomo
01-18-2012, 06:08 PM
Ok, so this will be under the premise that we win in SF, which is absolutely NOT a given. But this thread would not work after the game. So, would you prefer a Pats/Giants rematch, or a Ravens/Giants rematch? I think I'd prefer to face the Ravens. We've beaten the Pats in the SB and once this year. The Ravens EMBARRASSED us in 2000. I'd LOVE to repay the favor, and this Offence can produce, even against their strong defense. Which rematch would you prefer?Based on the strength of the matchup, I'd prefer the Ravens. They would be a big challenge but I think the Pats are better overall and have a HOF quarterback which always counts for alot.

redbeardxxv
01-18-2012, 06:36 PM
IF we can pull it out on sunday, I would rather face the Ravens just to make up for that 2000 SB thrashing. Also, I always root for seeing different teams in the SB and am tired of the Pats being there so much. </P>

Getting revenge on the Ravens for 2000 would heal a forgotten wound in the franchise although none of the players or coaches remain from that team. </P>

I bet Toomer and Strahan would be up for some pregame speeches if we end up against the Ravens... They both made it clear during our 07 run that they remember the loss well.

bflo23
01-18-2012, 06:44 PM
Ok, so this will be under the premise that we win in SF, which is absolutely NOT a given. But this thread would not work after the game.
So, would you prefer a Pats/Giants rematch, or a Ravens/Giants rematch?
I think I'd prefer to face the Ravens. We've beaten the Pats in the SB and once this year. The Ravens EMBARRASSED us in 2000. I'd LOVE to repay the favor, and this Offence can produce, even against their strong defense.
Which rematch would you prefer?

Pats/Giants rematch would be sweeter but more difficult. I can't stand the Patriots at all because of spygate cheating, Brady and Belicheck so a win again against them would be much sweeter. Giants would be destroying Brady and Belicheck's mystique as it already has taken a hit. Tougher road but a sweeter win.

Pats/Giants rematch would be getting revenge and be somewhat easier I believe. I don't have hatred that I have for the Cowboys and Patriots though. Easier road.

lilredk
01-18-2012, 06:47 PM
Here in Connecticut and if I had my druthers, I would prefer it to be the Pats since they always ruin my Sunday with the second game.....This way I can tear up my neighbors, even my wife ,who's a Jets fan, hates them since they always preempt her games....

miked1958
01-18-2012, 06:52 PM
I want the Ravens, mostly because I am more scared of the Patriots.... I KNOW I KNOW, we beat them in the season..

But for some reason, after beating them in 07 and beating them this season, I feel like they can win this game.

I know law of averages isn't real, but I have that feeling.
Well either way is fine. Revenge on the Ravens or beating the Pats again. By the way the Pats could end their season by losing to us, then winning 10 in a row and then losing to us again

jjj45
01-18-2012, 06:52 PM
The tenseness and anticipation of a Pats/Giants SB would kill me.

All the 'what ifs' the entire two weeks. the law of averages, since we beat them already. Brady would be pissed as hell and out for blood.

Heck we already beat them....it really wouldn't be that much of a deal if beat them again.

We had nothing to lose last time...........this time we have everything to lose.

If we lost the consequences would be horrible. I cant even imagine how disgusting that would feel.

I'd feel so much better about a BAL vs NYG SB. Can't stand that guy Suggs.

SweetZombieJesus
01-18-2012, 06:57 PM
Very little to gain in facing the Pats again. Sure, if we beat them then all the fluke talk can be flushed and we could have the satisfaction of beating an all-time great qb/coach combo not once but twice... But we already beat them in the biggest upset ever.

I want revenge for the Ravens, I want Ray Lewis' last playoff memory being a loss like they laid on us in 2000.

mattpl908
01-18-2012, 07:16 PM
quick fact....when bradshaw rushes for over 60 yards the giants are 21-4, fyi bradshaw didn't play against the 49ers earlier in the season

Firenugget
01-18-2012, 08:16 PM
Honestly I'd prefer the Ravens. I think we'd have a much tougher game vs the Pats. Also, if it is a revenge tour, it only makes sense.[:D]

Voldamort
01-18-2012, 08:19 PM
Is SWEET 28-17 GMEN!!!

redbeardxxv
01-19-2012, 02:42 AM
Honestly I'd prefer the Ravens. I think we'd have a much tougher game vs the Pats. Also, if it is a revenge tour, it only makes sense.[:D]

True... Revenge tour
1. GB
2. SF
3. SB revenge 12 years in the making. I'd like to see us right that wrong.