PDA

View Full Version : Be prepared for a trick play

eastbayblue
01-18-2012, 06:05 PM
Harbaugh is sneaky, last game he threw in an on sides kick on us and I guarantee he has something up his sleeve for this game. Fake punt, Field goal etc... On the other side do you think we can run a trick play just once this year, something to throw them off, a flea flicker, end around, double reverse, we really need to out coach them and take them by surprise.

ebick
01-18-2012, 06:15 PM
I keep wondering if that fake punt we saw in the pre-season is going to show up somewhere....

NYCDBS
01-18-2012, 06:25 PM
We don't run gimmick trick plays we hit people in the mouth ask Green Bay...

eastbayblue
01-18-2012, 06:26 PM
Understood, really I am more concerned about preventing them from being run on us.

Giants10Joe
01-18-2012, 06:27 PM
Trick plays aren't really Coughlin's style. He's fairly conservative when it comes to special teams. It's not the job of special teams to win the game, only to not lose it.

NoHuddle10
01-18-2012, 06:31 PM
I have a feeling Harbaugh will have a lot of trick plays and misdirection plays.

They are going to have to bring it all. Hold nothing back. Harbaugh knows this. He has a lot of tricks up his sleeve.

But knowing Coughlin, he will have the team ready for this. I am sure its being preached this week at practice.

C1010
01-18-2012, 06:33 PM
I keep wondering if that fake punt we saw in the pre-season is going to show up somewhere....

Would be cool to see it especially with the same result.

Vtgmenfan89
01-18-2012, 06:49 PM

It'd be given up in a second at this point, considering Scott is never out there at that position, at least that I've seen. Unless they ran it with someone else but it'd be unwise without his kind of speed or close to it, which we don't have outside of maybe Cruz (in the close to category)

loaded30
01-18-2012, 06:53 PM
Harbaugh is sneaky, last game he threw in an on sides kick on us and I guarantee he has something up his sleeve for this game. Fake punt, Field goal etc... On the other side do you think we can run a trick play just once this year, something to throw them off, a flea flicker, end around, double reverse, we really need to out coach them and take them by surprise.
forget about the reverse! their defense is way to fast. Flea flicker im down with. My opinion is to protect Eli and have him shred the secondary and use playaction</P>

</P>

chasjay
01-18-2012, 06:56 PM

When trick plays go bad, they can go horribly bad. I hope we can gain the advantage without digging too far into the bag of tricks - but I'd be as happy as the next guy if TC called one and our guys were successful with it.

I do expect that Harbaugh will try one or two - and I hope it's because he's desperate!

Gianthunter
01-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Couglin would never be down with called hail-mary at halftime.

ebick
01-18-2012, 07:07 PM
I keep wondering if that fake punt we saw in the pre-season is going to show up somewhere.... It'd be given up in a second at this point, considering Scott is never out there at that position, at least that I've seen. Unless they ran it with someone else but it'd be unwise without his kind of speed or close to it, which we don't have outside of maybe Cruz (in the close to category)</P>

You'd definately have to "prime the pump" and have Scott out there for all punts that game, not do it the first time he's out there.</P>

EliTE
01-18-2012, 07:57 PM
yea i remember watching the 9ers/Saints game and they tried a play, not sure what it's called but basically the running back runs towards the sideline and then throws the ball back to the QB.

9ers run all types of lame plays like that, it's not real football it's that college football crap. we need to be prepared for everything because i think they know they can't beat us straight up, probably why they resorted to the onside kick in the first game.

JayDAche
01-18-2012, 08:03 PM
yea i remember watching the 9ers/Saints game and they tried a play, not sure what it's called but basically the running back runs towards the sideline and then throws the ball back to the QB.

9ers run all types of lame plays like that, it's not real football it's that college football crap. we need to be prepared for everything because i think they know they can't beat us straight up, probably why they resorted to the onside kick in the first game.

Flea flicker almost... isn't it?...

But yeah... I haven't seen THAT many trick plays this season, and Harbaugh only seems to pull them out when he needs them.

EliTE
01-18-2012, 08:19 PM
a flea flicker is when the RB runs straight forward, then turns around and tosses the ball back to the QB who catches it in a normal passing position. the play the 9ers did was the RB ran towards the sideline about 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage while the QB sneaks to the opposite side of the field. the defense obviously chases the ball since they assume it's a running play and then the RB turns and throws it across the field to the QB.

not sure if the play was designed for smith to catch it and run or catch it and throw because smith dropped it so the play was dead right there. either way it's one of those lame plays that harbaugh has up his sleeve and will most likely attempt to use.

Down-lifer
01-18-2012, 08:36 PM
JPP will eat any trick play for his dinner!

JayDAche
01-18-2012, 08:42 PM
a flea flicker is when the RB runs straight forward, then turns around and tosses the ball back to the QB who catches it in a normal passing position. the play the 9ers did was the RB ran towards the sideline about 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage while the QB sneaks to the opposite side of the field. the defense obviously chases the ball since they assume it's a running play and then the RB turns and throws it across the field to the QB.

not sure if the play was designed for smith to catch it and run or catch it and throw because smith dropped it so the play was dead right there. either way it's one of those lame plays that harbaugh has up his sleeve and will most likely attempt to use.

It's the same basic play though haha, that's why I said it was almost like a flea flicker.