PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl parade NYC approx date?

TheIncredibleErk
01-18-2012, 06:22 PM
I recently moved to Florida and plan on flying up to NY to watch the superbowl with my family (of course once we beat the 49ers)

Well I had a question. I would like to plan my flights accordingly so I can also be in NY for the ticker tape parade if we win it all.

What day is the parade usually. If I remember correctly in '07 it was on the Tuesday after the superbowl

Thanks all input is appreciated as I will be booking my flight after a Giants victory this Sunday.

Go Giants!!!!

CTLadyBlue
01-18-2012, 06:26 PM
Isn't that putting the cart before the horse a bit? We have two more games to win before we worry about parades.

ashleymarie
01-18-2012, 06:41 PM
The SuperBowl is being played in Indy, if you are planning to attend. Good Luck. Wish my family could be there.

ebick
01-18-2012, 06:45 PM
hey, I'm all in, and confident, but aren't you, uh........</P>

http://realdealtalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Counting-chickens-B4-Hatched.jpg</P>

Scarfacee71
01-18-2012, 06:47 PM
Isn't that putting the cart before the horse a bit? We have two more games to win before we worry about parades.

I think its a fair question. If the Giants win he wants to plan a trip to watch the SuperBowl in NY with his friends/family I assume that he recently moved away from. He'd like to plan that trip so that if the Giants happen to win, he'd be able to stick around for the parade.

That said, I have no idea of the answer to your question OP.

ashleymarie
01-18-2012, 06:53 PM

http://realdealtalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Counting-chickens-B4-Hatched.jpg</P>

Perhaps some of us are counting our chickens before they hatch. I'm ALL IN. I BELIEVE! GO GIANTS!

NoHuddle10
01-18-2012, 06:55 PM
I want to know the answer as well.....

Definitely not trying to assume anything or jump the gun or count my chickens before the eggs hatch.

That said, I will be in NYC Feb 11-19th for work. I realllllly hope they win it all and I get to go celebrate the week after with all my friends and family back east.

Do they usually hold the parade the weekend after? Anybody know???

There should be some sort of IF in the thread title or disclaimer. This thread title is the only problem I see with the post. Makes it seem like its already planned and definite... I only wish....

TrueBlue2180
01-18-2012, 07:00 PM
I want to know the answer as well.....

Definitely not trying to assume anything or jump the gun or count my chickens before the eggs hatch.

That said, I will be in NYC Feb 11-19th for work. I realllllly hope they win it all and I get to go celebrate the week after with all my friends and family back east.

Do they usually hold the parade the weekend after? Anybody know???

There should be some sort of IF in the thread title or disclaimer. This thread title is the only problem I see with the post. Makes it seem like its already planned and definite... I only wish....

After Super Bowl 42 they held the parade during the work week. I believe it was the Tuesday or Wednesday after the Super Bowl.

None of the Yankee parades have been held on the weekend and the Giants parade was not held on the weekend.

TheIncredibleErk
01-18-2012, 07:28 PM
HahahahAhha you guys are really ridiculous. Yes i can look ahead to the superbowl. Yes I can count my hens. And so can all of you

What all of you seem to forget is that WE ARE NOT PLAYERS. We are fans. We don't have to take it one game at a time. And we are allowed to look past this weeks opponent because unlike the players WE DON'T HAVE TO HAVE OUR HEADS IN THE GAME as we are not playing we are merely WATCHING

So all u moose knuckles who have smart comments in reply to me....get a life

I asked a simple question and thanks for those of you who helped. Just wanted to see what some of you may remember from 07 so I can plan accordingly

JayDAche
01-18-2012, 07:29 PM

Haha, Definitely is.

TheIncredibleErk
01-18-2012, 07:33 PM
I think it's a simple reasonable question

After Sunday's game if we beat San Fran I'm gonna book tickets to NY for the superbowl and would like to book the flight so that if the Giants should win the superbowl I could have the opportunity to attend the parade

TheBookOfEli
01-18-2012, 07:34 PM
They usually have the parade 2 days after the superbowl, for any team i think. So it would be on Tuesday February 7th for any team that wins.

bmansfie
02-02-2012, 12:36 AM
I'm also flying back home to NY for game day to watch with family and friends and was hoping to attend the parade. A friend from NY says you need tickets to attend the parade. Can that be true? I can see the need for tickets for the seats, but if you just want to stand on the street along the route? Just the facts, thanks, if you know. Kindly spare me the elaborately staged photos with poultry embryo's (wish I had that much free time). Thanks... GO GIANTS!!!

myles2424
02-02-2012, 12:52 AM
I recently moved to Florida and plan on flying up to NY to watch the superbowl with my family (of course once we beat the 49ers)

Well I had a question. I would like to plan my flights accordingly so I can also be in NY for the ticker tape parade if we win it all.

What day is the parade usually. If I remember correctly in '07 it was on the Tuesday after the superbowl

Thanks all input is appreciated as I will be booking my flight after a Giants victory this Sunday.

Go Giants!!!! I recently moved to florida also & we planned a trip back this Friday with the same intentions.........were just more confident then everyone else.......lol

NYG4ME
02-02-2012, 01:37 AM
Keep in mind too they had a party after the parade in Giants Stadium. I would expect them to do the same as well.. If we win of course.

TheIncredibleErk
02-02-2012, 01:57 AM
No tickets at all. It's free. I think maybe u need tickets to sit in the city hall portion of the parade. Last superbowl I got there at like 7am an I had front row at any part of the parade I wanted.

elismom
02-02-2012, 09:21 AM

Go Giants!!!!

SHH

nygsb42champs
02-02-2012, 09:23 AM
The parade would be scheduled for tuesday the 7th.

jpalleria
02-05-2012, 01:14 AM
<font color="#000080">We went on a wed after the last super bowl win, it was crazy crowded but I am def doing it again regardless when it is.....Dont listen to these people who seem to think they know all and are above everyone else... A question deserves an answer not sarcasism GO <font color="#FF0000">G</font></font><font color="#FF0000">IANTS[:)]</font>

Giants10Joe
02-05-2012, 01:35 AM
Chris Canty said the parade would be on Tuesday.

jppmvp90
02-05-2012, 01:39 AM
<font color="#000080">We went on a wed after the last super bowl win, it was crazy crowded but I am def doing it again regardless when it is.....Dont listen to these people who seem to think they know all and are above everyone else... A question deserves an answer not sarcasism GO <font color="#FF0000">G</font></font><font color="#FF0000">IANTS[:)]</font>

parade was on tuesday in 07. i was there it was insane, my legs were cramped for hours couldnt move lol