PDA

View Full Version : Fewell Needs to release the beasts.

BeatTHEJETS
01-18-2012, 06:49 PM
I could understand why we had to stay back and have good coverage against rodgers some of the plays,
but against the niners, i wanna see us Blitz more than we ever did this game.
Alex Smith will have no chance, no matter how well he is playing.
We should'nt lay back and expect him to make a bad throw because he is a "okay qb".
I would love to see tuck more involved, and for fewell to just go all out and come after smith from all angles.
Especially if it is raining. lol.

sligoker
01-18-2012, 06:54 PM
Why blitz when you can get pressure on his with the front four? I mean an occasional blitz is fine, but do you have any idea how coaches love the fact that they can get pressure on a QB with just four down lineman. Its a dream!

BeatTHEJETS
01-18-2012, 06:57 PM
Why blitz when you can get pressure on his with the front four? I mean an occasional blitz is fine, but do you have any idea how coaches love the fact that they can get pressure on a QB with just four down lineman. Its a dream!

yeah but then like rodgers, Smith can easily take off. Rodgers had like 60 rushing yards. That really cant happen against A Smith.

Scarfacee71
01-18-2012, 06:58 PM

I agree with this. Plus, the Saints blitzed Alex Smith (because they cant get consistent pressure with 4 down like us) and he made them pay. I'd rather rush 4 and an occasional 5 with the man press we've been playing lately and make him pull the trigger in tight coverage if he doesn't want to get hit.

Scarfacee71
01-18-2012, 07:01 PM

yeah but then like rodgers, Smith can easily take off. Rodgers had like 60 rushing yards. That really cant happen against A Smith.

So you run more of a one high safety man press defense and have the extra box defender reroute davis then spy the QB.

Or instead of blitz peeling on a RB, sit back and if he picks up a free defender and stays in spy smith.

Or use more games to on the DLine and cause confusion about where the running lanes are.

There are adjustments that can be made, but theres no reason to blitz if you dont have to.

JJC7301
01-18-2012, 11:33 PM

I agree with this. Plus, the Saints blitzed Alex Smith (because they cant get consistent pressure with 4 down like us) and he made them pay. I'd rather rush 4 and an occasional 5 with the man press we've been playing lately and make him pull the trigger in tight coverage if he doesn't want to get hit.
+1.

REDx85xGOLD
01-18-2012, 11:37 PM
Alex Smith has over a 90 passer rating against the blitz, I do hope the Giants blitz and blitz often. They'd be dumb to if they didnt learn what Saints did wrong.

JMFP2
01-19-2012, 12:14 AM
I agree with this. Plus, the Saints blitzed Alex Smith (because they cant get consistent pressure with 4 down like us) and he made them pay. I'd rather rush 4 and an occasional 5 with the man press we've been playing lately and make him pull the trigger in tight coverage if he doesn't want to get hit.</P>

Agree....if the Giants can get pressure with a 4 man rush, their defense becomes extremely effective. They can give safety help over Vernon Davis.</P>

</P>

look@dafilm
01-19-2012, 12:29 AM
Yes, please blitz him. More than the Saints did actually. I mean, they would have won if they would have just blitzed more.