PDA

View Full Version : Fewell and KG have teams interested in them for coaching jobs.

DragonSoul
01-18-2012, 05:56 PM
If we lose Fewell I want Spags or another aggressive coach.

If KG is gone do we need and OC? If so who would you like/prefer? I want a OC that plays to our strengths and trys to be 50/50 - 60-40 pass/run.

scf424
01-18-2012, 05:58 PM
I'd think we would hire in-house for OC. Maybe Mike Sullivan?

BeatTHEJETS
01-18-2012, 05:58 PM
THATS AMAZING!
TAKE Gilbride..
please.

Scarfacee71
01-18-2012, 06:08 PM
I've NEVER been a fan of Gilbride. EVER

I'm still not his biggest fan, but I must say he's certainly improved recently. I'm at the point where I wouldn't mind if he stayed and I've ALWAYS wanted him gone.

I'm torn.. just sort of nervous because we know we'll have a relatively successful offense with him coaching but at the same time a more creative offensive coordinator could take the training wheels off the offense and turn it into something special with the talent we have. A bad offensive coordinator could run any offense into the ground.

The unknown would be scary but the potential would be scary good if Gilbride were to leave.

That said its not gonna happen, lol.

mattpl908
01-18-2012, 06:11 PM
I'd rather have kg go...dont have a problem with fewell..if fewell stays next season no matter what happens I think he'll stay to his gameplan that he had since we got on the hot streak...even he should realize that if it aint broke...dont fix it...my problem with kg is that sometimes hes just way too predictable with his playcalling

BlueBlooded1979
01-18-2012, 06:11 PM
I'd think we would hire in-house for OC. Maybe Mike Sullivan?

You are probably right. Eli has been in essentially one system since he came into the league. Ask him to change wouldn't do much good.

Maybe this is why Spags hasn't taken a job yet. He wants to see all of the openings and take the best one.

JMGGIANTS
01-18-2012, 06:47 PM
I'd rather have kg go...dont have a problem with fewell..if fewell stays next season no matter what happens I think he'll stay to his gameplan that he had since we got on the hot streak...even he should realize that if it aint broke...dont fix it...my problem with kg is that sometimes hes just way too predictable with his playcalling</P>

Wow, by far the past 2 years Fewell has undoubtedly been the underachiever, not KG.</P>

TuckYou
01-18-2012, 06:54 PM
If we win the superbowl I could care less. But Gilbride and Fewell are calling outstanding games rescently. KillDrive is now ThrillDrive and Perry has the Fuel.

Firenugget
01-18-2012, 07:22 PM
I'd rather have kg go...dont have a problem with fewell..if fewell stays next season no matter what happens I think he'll stay to his gameplan that he had since we got on the hot streak...even he should realize that if it aint broke...dont fix it...my problem with kg is that sometimes hes just way too predictable with his playcalling</p>

Wow, by far the past 2 years Fewell has undoubtedly been the underachiever, not KG.</p>

Yeah I could never understand this logic either...I mean I know KG has his moments where you say "...wth are you doing". But as a whole body of work he's done amazing here. This is the best offense we've EVER had.......EVER, hello......

JMGGIANTS
01-18-2012, 07:27 PM
Amen FireNugget. We Giant fans have never seen an offense beforelike we have seen under KG. Even under Parcells we were a defense first team. Then on offense it was mostly run and some passing. </P>

gsp3
01-18-2012, 07:38 PM
Hilarious. Give a year or two after KG is gone and all you Giant fans calling for his head now will be begging to bring him back.

You guys really don't know how good you have it under KG.

gumby742
01-18-2012, 09:57 PM
Not exactly worried. I wouldn't mind seeing fewell go.

JJC7301
01-18-2012, 10:02 PM
If we lose Fewell I want Spags or another aggressive coach.

If KG is gone do we need and OC? If so who would you like/prefer? I want a OC that plays to our strengths and trys to be 50/50 - 60-40 pass/run.
I really wish Spags would wait until the Giants season is over just in case Fewell does take a HC job. I don't want KG going either, but I'd prefer to keep it in-house with a promotion. I don't know if we have an assistant offensive coaches who would be ready to take over the reigns, I'd be down with that.

If not, maybe we could entice Martz to un-retire.

gmen0820
01-18-2012, 10:03 PM
They can both go.

Spags and Hue Jackson. And if Spags is gone, Kevin Greene, who is my absolute favorite defensive coordinator candidate in the league.

YATittle1962
THATS AMAZING!
TAKE Gilbride..
please.

foolish

JJC7301
I'd rather have kg go...dont have a problem with fewell..if fewell stays next season no matter what happens I think he'll stay to his gameplan that he had since we got on the hot streak...even he should realize that if it aint broke...dont fix it...my problem with kg is that sometimes hes just way too predictable with his playcalling</p>
+1. Plus, I love Eli but it was important for him to cut down on his own mistakes. He has, and we're a much better O for it.

Wow, by far the past 2 years Fewell has undoubtedly been the underachiever, not KG.</p>

Yeah I could never understand this logic either...I mean I know KG has his moments where you say "...wth are you doing". But as a whole body of work he's done amazing here. This is the best offense we've EVER had.......EVER, hello......