PDA

View Full Version : FOX Channel Ruins Giants Games

Red Dog
01-18-2012, 06:36 PM
Don't know when, but I really hope their contract to broadcast NFC games is soon up and another channel gets it. Troy and Joe, ugh, I turn off the sound so as to not listen to endless nonstop monotone chatter about nothing, and the pre-game show with Bradshaw is worn old enough already, "send in the clown, there's got to be clowns"
Please, I'm beggin' some other broadcast channel to outbid FOX. Also because FOX broadcasts in 720 (almost HD) with really lousy sound and not 1080HD like CBS and ESPN does, they're cheap and have more commercials than CBS

Record, turnoff sound, blow through the commercials (except whn Jery Jones is picking his nose on camera in his luxury booth)

mattpl908
01-18-2012, 06:37 PM
yeah id rather have the telemundo channel broadcast it

bLuereverie
01-18-2012, 06:38 PM
I understand Joe Buck.

But do people really hate Aikman? I honestly think he's a good broadcaster.

Firenugget
01-18-2012, 06:38 PM
Don't know when, but I really hope their contract to broadcast NFC games is soon up and another channel gets it. Troy and Joe, ugh, I turn off the sound so as to not listen to endless nonstop monotone chatter about nothing, and the pre-game show with Bradshaw is worn old enough already, "send in the clown, there's got to be clowns"
Please, I'm beggin' some other broadcast channel to outbid FOX. Also because FOX broadcasts in 720 (almost HD) with really lousy sound and not 1080HD like CBS and ESPN does, they're cheap and have more commercials than CBS

Record, turnoff sound, blow through the commercials (except whn Jery Jones is picking his nose on camera in his luxury booth)

I get 1080p...

Desepx
01-18-2012, 06:40 PM
commercials are brutal.

I like recording games and sitting down to watch them 30-40 minutes late. Why? as you said, the commercials suck and they kill me more than buck and aikman lol. One thing that sucks though is, can't keep up with the gameday thread here or be around anything that would tip me off to how the game is going until im caught up...usually around 4th quarter.

JMGGIANTS
01-18-2012, 06:40 PM
I understand Joe Buck. But do people really hate Aikman? I honestly think he's a good broadcaster.</P>

Aikman is darn good. Plays no bias and knows the game inside and out.</P>

JMGGIANTS
01-18-2012, 06:41 PM
Don't know when, but I really hope their contract to broadcast NFC games is soon up and another channel gets it. Troy and Joe, ugh, I turn off the sound so as to not listen to endless nonstop monotone chatter about nothing, and the pre-game show with Bradshaw is worn old enough already, "send in the clown, there's got to be clowns" Please, I'm beggin' some other broadcast channel to outbid FOX. Also because FOX broadcasts in 720 (almost HD) with really lousy sound and not 1080HD like CBS and ESPN does, they're cheap and have more commercials than CBS Record, turnoff sound, blow through the commercials (except whn Jery Jones is picking his nose on camera in his luxury booth)

I get 1080p...
</P>

So do I</P>

Firenugget
01-18-2012, 06:46 PM
Don't know when, but I really hope their contract to broadcast NFC games is soon up and another channel gets it. Troy and Joe, ugh, I turn off the sound so as to not listen to endless nonstop monotone chatter about nothing, and the pre-game show with Bradshaw is worn old enough already, "send in the clown, there's got to be clowns" Please, I'm beggin' some other broadcast channel to outbid FOX. Also because FOX broadcasts in 720 (almost HD) with really lousy sound and not 1080HD like CBS and ESPN does, they're cheap and have more commercials than CBS Record, turnoff sound, blow through the commercials (except whn Jery Jones is picking his nose on camera in his luxury booth)

I get 1080p...
</p>

So do I</p>

Also CBS pre game show sucks. [:D]

TuckYou
01-18-2012, 06:48 PM
I understand Joe Buck. But do people really hate Aikman? I honestly think he's a good broadcaster.</P>

Aikman is darn good.* Plays no bias and knows the game inside and out.</P>

You guys are crazy with this Aikman no bias crap. Rewatch the Falcons game. Aikman is horrible. And after t he beatdown we gave the Falcons, Aikman was doing the post game talk and sounded as if his mother died. He was getting mad people in the studio were asking him more questions about the Giants dominating. Looked like his dog died. He hates us.

Drez
01-18-2012, 06:48 PM
Don't know when, but I really hope their contract to broadcast NFC games is soon up and another channel gets it. Troy and Joe, ugh, I turn off the sound so as to not listen to endless nonstop monotone chatter about nothing, and the pre-game show with Bradshaw is worn old enough already, "send in the clown, there's got to be clowns" Please, I'm beggin' some other broadcast channel to outbid FOX. Also because FOX broadcasts in 720 (almost HD) with really lousy sound and not 1080HD like CBS and ESPN does, they're cheap and have more commercials than CBS Record, turnoff sound, blow through the commercials (except whn Jery Jones is picking his nose on camera in his luxury booth)</P>

Well, looks like you're going to have to wait another 10 years. </P>

Red Dog
01-18-2012, 06:49 PM
You can't get 1080 on FOX, it is 720, they broadcast no shows in 1080, sports or other shows. My TV is 1080HD but the broadcast has to be in 1080, FOX is not.WHen I change hannels my Sony produces a channel description bar across the top and states whether 1080 or 720
Aikman is knowledgeable but never and i say never shuts up so he wears on me watching. I watched the Ravens/Texans game and the guys in the CBS booth actually had silent moments without the non stop chatter, and there were less commercials, which was refreshing

Drez
01-18-2012, 06:52 PM

I get 1080p...
</P>

So do I</P>

</P>

No, you don't. No American broadcaster broadcasts on 1080p. Best you get is 1080i.</P>

bflo23
01-18-2012, 06:55 PM
Even though Aikman is a cowboy, he is actually good and unbias. He gives the giants plenty of compliments. Joe Buck is bias and a NY hater though.

Firenugget
01-18-2012, 06:57 PM

I get 1080p...
</p>

So do I</p>

</p>

No, you don't. No American broadcaster broadcasts on 1080p. Best you get is 1080i.</p>

1080i then..whatever, either way it's not 720.

JMGGIANTS
01-18-2012, 07:01 PM

I get 1080p...
</P>

So do I</P>

</P>

No, you don't. No American broadcaster broadcasts on 1080p. Best you get is 1080i.</P>

</P>

All I knew is I had 1080 but I just checked T.V. and yes indeed it is 1080i not p</P>

Giantsin04
01-18-2012, 07:09 PM
I don't mind fox's coverage. Yeah, there are annoying things about it, but at least it is a professional broadcast operation. The NFL network, now that is **** show operation. Literally amateur hour over there. Hopefully they don't get a chance to ruin anymore games than they already do.

JMGGIANTS
01-18-2012, 07:19 PM
NFL Network needs to get their Andrew Siciliani some ear reduction surgery. Poor guy, I have never seen ears that big on anyone.

fletch842
01-18-2012, 07:39 PM
personally, I can't stand Joe Buck, regardless of the sport. You think he's bad with football, try watching his baseball commentary. Troy is pretty good, sometimes his Cowboys loyalty peeps through, but not as bad as you might think from some on this thread.

All in all, I thought they called a pretty good game on this past Sunday, too bad the officiating was not up to snuff.

fansince69
01-18-2012, 07:45 PM
I understand Joe Buck. But do people really hate Aikman? I honestly think he's a good broadcaster.</p>

Aikman is darn good. Plays no bias and knows the game inside and out.</p>

agreed and fox pregame is great I like all those guys better than ANYONE on cbs

stormblue
01-18-2012, 07:49 PM
*NFL Network needs to get their Andrew Siciliani some ear reduction surgery.* Poor guy, I have never seen ears that big on anyone.

nice to see a Syracuse guy make it after 15 years
of paying his dues on am radio.

you're right though, even my wife says he has a radio face.

NYGTHE201
01-18-2012, 08:05 PM
First Post Here. Have you tried putting your TV on the SAP (Spanish Audio) It takes off the fox Commentaries on my TV and you can hear the field chatter only

GOBIGBLUE52
01-18-2012, 10:43 PM
You guys have to understand that they're national broadcasters, they're SUPPOSED to be unbiased. Yeah Buck can be snoozy boring, but he's shown some genuine emotion on Giants calls (the hail mary this past sunday, Burress' TD in the super bowl...). Plus, Pat Summerall was the same way and he's looked at as a god of play by play guys. Buck isn't terrible, but he isn't someone I'd want to have calling games every single week.

Aikman I never had any contempt for. Hell as far as I can remember Aikman has always thought highly of Eli Manning, back in 2005 or 2006 he was a bigger fan of Eli than half of the people on this board. Yeah sometimes there's a slight Cowboys fan there, but given he played for them for over 10 years of his life and had a lot of great moments it's perfectly understandable and I don't think anything less of him for it. Simms is the same way with the Giants.

giantfanatic
01-18-2012, 10:49 PM
Watch the game with sound off and listen to Papa and Banks on the radio. There is a little delay so you hear the radio call a few seconds before the snap. Kind of nice knowing what is going to happen.

When we are close to the end and winning, put Fox on and listen to the clowns blow smoke up our fanny about how great the Giants suddenly are.

NYGFaninILL
01-18-2012, 11:01 PM

Here's what you do.

I got the idea from a friend who would of rather listened to Ron Santos to watch the Cubs games.

You put your TV on mute, and put your radio to the Giants Radio Network. There will he a slight delay, because Light travels faster than sound, but its not too bad.