PDA

View Full Version : 49ers are 4-1 vs the Giants at home during the playoffs

REDx85xGOLD
01-18-2012, 07:50 PM
Looks to be a great game this coming sunday. If the Niners are able to make the Giants one dimensional like they did to the Saints, then the 49ers will have accomplished what they wanted in making Eli throw upwards to 60+ times which wont bode well especially with the rainy/showers coming to the Bay Area. I dont see Bradshaw and Jacobs being much of a factor against the #1 run D. The 49ers will run Gore and Hunter which will they will try and limit Eli from getting on the field. You all know the battle of the trenches is where games are won, and if the Giants cant establish some sort of run, expect the 49ers to continue rushing only 4 d lineman and keeping everything in front of them like they did against the Saints.

TroyArcher
01-18-2012, 07:54 PM
Looks to be a great game this coming sunday.* If the Niners are able to make the Giants one dimensional like they did to the Saints, then the 49ers will have accomplished what they wanted in making Eli throw upwards to 60+ times which wont bode well especially with the rainy/showers coming to the Bay Area.* I dont see Bradshaw and Jacobs being much of a factor against the #1 run D.* The 49ers will run Gore and Hunter which will they will try and limit Eli from getting on the field.* You all know the battle of the trenches is where games are won, and if the Giants cant establish some sort of run, expect the 49ers to continue rushing only 4 d lineman and keeping everything in front of them like they did against the Saints.

They did give up 32 points. I will take my chances with the Giants scoring 32 points this Sunday.

XxBigWhitxX
01-18-2012, 07:54 PM
Looks to be a great game this coming sunday.* If the Niners are able to make the Giants one dimensional like they did to the Saints, then the 49ers will have accomplished what they wanted in making Eli throw upwards to 60+ times which wont bode well especially with the rainy/showers coming to the Bay Area.* I dont see Bradshaw and Jacobs being much of a factor against the #1 run D.* The 49ers will run Gore and Hunter which will they will try and limit Eli from getting on the field.* You all know the battle of the trenches is where games are won, and if the Giants cant establish some sort of run, expect the 49ers to continue rushing only 4 d lineman and keeping everything in front of them like they did against the Saints.
And the Patriots were 21-1 at home after a loss...oops

The Packers were 15-1...oops

the Patriots were 18-0...oops

Eli had never won a home playoff game...oops

get what I'm saying here?

younggiant
01-18-2012, 08:04 PM
And the Patriots were 21-1 at home after a loss...oops

The Packers were 15-1...oops

the Patriots were 18-0...oops

Eli had never won a home playoff game...oops

get what I'm saying here?
Great post!

RoanokeFan
01-18-2012, 08:15 PM
Looks to be a great game this coming sunday. If the Niners are able to make the Giants one dimensional like they did to the Saints, then the 49ers will have accomplished what they wanted in making Eli throw upwards to 60+ times which wont bode well especially with the rainy/showers coming to the Bay Area. I dont see Bradshaw and Jacobs being much of a factor against the #1 run D. The 49ers will run Gore and Hunter which will they will try and limit Eli from getting on the field. You all know the battle of the trenches is where games are won, and if the Giants cant establish some sort of run, expect the 49ers to continue rushing only 4 d lineman and keeping everything in front of them like they did against the Saints.

GIANTS are 4 - 0 in NFC Conference Championship games

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/ny-giants-all-time-nfc-championship-team-named-daily-news-defense-article-1.1007334

bLuereverie
01-18-2012, 08:18 PM
FK. No point in watching. Joe Montana and Ronnie Lott are going to destroy the Giants.

Woe is me.

RoanokeFan
01-18-2012, 08:19 PM
FK. No point in watching. Joe Montana and Ronnie Lott are going to destroy the Giants.

Woe is me.

lol

Husky
01-18-2012, 08:49 PM
BUT 1-0 in NFC Championships.

TuckYou
01-18-2012, 09:10 PM

They did give up 32 points. I will take my chances with the Giants scoring 32 points this Sunday.

32 points with 5 turnovers... Not good defense there really, even if they are the Saints

FresnoGiant
01-18-2012, 09:32 PM
THESE 49ers aren't 4-1 against ANYBODY. This team has never been to the playoffs. Totally new team since their last playoff appearance. Ancient history in terms of NFL. Has no bearing on this game.

JJC7301
01-18-2012, 09:54 PM

I'd prefer the Giants to be able to run it, but I'd have no problem with Eli throwing 60 times -- just avoid the INTs and fumbles. The passing game is the strength of our offense these days anyway.

Stats? Well, Eli's 1-0 in NFC championship games and the Giants are 4-0 in all NFC championship games.

GiantSteve1x
01-18-2012, 09:55 PM
Hey, you guys beat the saints and the G-Men beat the packers......seems like a great time for a rematch! </P>

GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!</P>

REDx85xGOLD
01-18-2012, 10:00 PM

Lets not FORGET that the Giants did get smashed 49-24 by the very Saints that the Niners beat.

REDx85xGOLD
01-18-2012, 10:02 PM
THESE 49ers aren't 4-1 against ANYBODY. This team has never been to the playoffs. Totally new team since their last playoff appearance. Ancient history in terms of NFL. Has no bearing on this game.

49ers arent anybody? Come on now, show some respect where respect is due. Giants had to win the last week just to make it into the playoffs. Both teams have great D's, dline is comparable, but edge goes to the LB's and DB's of the Niners.

REDx85xGOLD
01-18-2012, 10:03 PM

32 points with 5 turnovers... Not good defense there really, even if they are the Saints

Please stop hating on the Niners D as if the Giants D did anything against the Saints, flash back, Saints roasted that ***** 49-24 if you have short term memory.

Roosevelt
01-18-2012, 10:06 PM

We had a great game during the reg season, and we were no where near the strength we are now. How about you?

ebick
01-18-2012, 10:06 PM
Lets not FORGET that the Giants did get smashed 49-24 by the very Saints that the Niners beat.
</P>

Rams beat the Saints and we beat the Rams.......just sayin'</P>

Won't deny that you guys may have matched up better against the Saints then us, but I think we match up just fine against you......</P>

REDx85xGOLD
01-18-2012, 10:17 PM

We had a great game during the reg season, and we were no where near the strength we are now. How about you?

both teams are fairly healthy and the Giants are a lot more healthier than the time the 49ers played them in week 10. I'd rather the 49ers face a healthy Giants team so that no excuses will be made if the 49ers win and vice versa.

REDx85xGOLD
01-18-2012, 10:19 PM
</p>

Rams beat the Saints and we beat the Rams.......just sayin'</p>

Won't deny that you guys may have matched up better against the Saints then us, but I think we match up just fine against you......</p>

With the sloppy muddy and wet field sunday, the Niners will have the edge. I'll tell you now and not being ****y, the NYG run game will not be a factor. I expect Eli to be slinging it no matter what.

Roosevelt
01-18-2012, 10:21 PM

both teams are fairly healthy and the Giants are a lot more healthier than the time the 49ers played them in week 10. I'd rather the 49ers face a healthy Giants team so that no excuses will be made if the 49ers win and vice versa.

That's cool. That's the way it ought to be. You guys are up and coming and we are young but have some SB experience on our side.

Here's to a good game with no injuries on either side, and let the best team represent the NFC.

bLuereverie
01-18-2012, 10:31 PM

49ers arent anybody? Come on now, show some respect where respect is due.* Giants had to win the last week just to make it into the playoffs.* Both teams have great D's, dline is comparable, but edge goes to the LB's and DB's of the Niners.

He's saying that 4-1 record in the title is irrelevant as that team that amassed that record won't be putting on pads this Sunday.

greenca190
01-18-2012, 10:37 PM
So much has been said this week about the Niners winning as a "team". I'm not totally impressed by that, and don't believe it.

Last week against the Saints was the first time this season Alex Smith was REALLY called upon to come out of his shell to lead the way and win the game for his team. You guys won a bunch of games this year, but it wasn't so much a "team" effort. More so, your defense and special teams made up for a lot of **** play on the offensive side of the ball.

The Giants haven't been playing like a team either until the Jets game. Much the opposite, Eli has been leading this team the entire year.

I don't think either side should be absolutely confident this week. I look at the AFC side, and I think that those fans should be CERTAIN about what aspects of their team are going to show up. Tom Brady will pass the ball. The Ravens D will stop the run. I think both the Giants and the niners are clueless as to who and what will show up in our game.

Exciting.

FresnoGiant
01-18-2012, 11:00 PM
///////////////////////////////
REDx85xGOLD:
FresnoGiant:
//////////////////////////////

49ers arent anybody? Come on now, show some respect where respect is due. Giants had to win the last week just to make it into the playoffs. Both teams have great D's, dline is comparable, but edge goes to the LB's and DB's of the Niners.
///////////////////////////////////

He's saying that 4-1 record in the title is irrelevant as that team that amassed that record won't be putting on pads this Sunday.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exactly my point. I am in no way downplaying the season the 49ers had this year. I am only saying that the previous 4-1 record in the Conf Champ Games doesn't factor into the odds on this game. By those standards, the Giants have a better chance of winning since they are 4-0 in NFC Title games. But, that is also not true. Those records have nthing to d with the current teams.

I never said the "49ers aren't anybody". Not making comparisons between our team and yours either. I have plenty of respect for what they have done this year.

Zaggs
01-18-2012, 11:05 PM

Uh, you obviously have not seen the Giants one dimensional. Its almost a preference. Because we have Eli. And the Giants BEELLEEEEEEVVVEEEE in Eli. Eli is just flat out better than Alex Smith. because eveything you said, the 49ers did that the first game. But guess what, the Giants should have won that game if Manningham catches 1 more pass. There were 4 plays that just a bit more attention on any one of them and the Giants win. That was without Bradshaw playing, Boley going down in the second quarter, Tuck playing hurt. Thats what 49ers fans are forgetting. They didn't blow out the Giants. One score was the difference and alot of San Fran's scoring were due to mental errors. Well the Giants aren't making those errors. We beat Atlanta, we beat the defending champions, and we're going to beat the 49ers and then we're taking the Lombardi trophy back to New York.

JJC7301
01-18-2012, 11:05 PM

We had a great game during the reg season, and we were no where near the strength we are now.* How about you?

both teams are fairly healthy and the Giants are a lot more healthier than the time the 49ers played them in week 10.* I'd rather the 49ers face a healthy Giants team so that no excuses will be made if the 49ers win and vice versa.

+1. No injuries, no excuses. We look forward to this game.

nygfan7387
01-18-2012, 11:13 PM

Let's get something straight. You guys play in the DEAD NFC WEST, 5 of your wins came from sub 500 teams in your division. And ohh you beat the Saints outside of the Superdome! What a great accomplishment, the Cleveland Browns, and the Saint Louis Rams did the same thing, because outside the Superdome the Saints are just an average team, and mind you the New Orleans Saints have never in their ENTIRE HISTORY won an "away" playoff game..So really what did you guys accomplish? Your team is just like the New York Jets, stellar defense, an OK QB with a couple offensive weapons, and like the Jets your team is going to get beat down on Sunday...

ninersoul
01-18-2012, 11:17 PM

Yes, we gave up 32 points to a high powered offense lead by Drew Brees that broke Dan Marino's record this regular season. The Giants' offense isn't as dangerous. Yall have a good offense and Eli can win big games, but yall offense sure isn't the Saints'.

I'm confident we can and WILL hold the Giants under 32 pts.

look@dafilm
01-18-2012, 11:26 PM

Let's get something straight. You guys play in the DEAD NFC WEST, 5 of your wins came from sub 500 teams in your division. And ohh you beat the Saints outside of the Superdome! What a great accomplishment, the Cleveland Browns, and the Saint Louis Rams did the same thing, because outside the Superdome the Saints are just an average team, and mind you the New Orleans Saints have never in their ENTIRE HISTORY won an "away" playoff game..So really what did you guys accomplish? Your team is just like the New York Jets, stellar defense, an OK QB with a couple offensive weapons, and like the Jets your team is going to get beat down on Sunday...

I didn't know the Jets were playing this weekend?... weird.

You do know the NFCW and the NFCE had the same exact overall record :) Just sayin, learn your facts.

REDx85xGOLD
01-18-2012, 11:35 PM

Uh, you obviously have not seen the Giants one dimensional. Its almost a preference. Because we have Eli. And the Giants BEELLEEEEEEVVVEEEE in Eli. Eli is just flat out better than Alex Smith. because eveything you said, the 49ers did that the first game. But guess what, the Giants should have won that game if Manningham catches 1 more pass. There were 4 plays that just a bit more attention on any one of them and the Giants win. That was without Bradshaw playing, Boley going down in the second quarter, Tuck playing hurt. Thats what 49ers fans are forgetting. They didn't blow out the Giants. One score was the difference and alot of San Fran's scoring were due to mental errors. Well the Giants aren't making those errors. We beat Atlanta, we beat the defending champions, and we're going to beat the 49ers and then we're taking the Lombardi trophy back to New York.

Lets not make an excuse about Bradshaw not playing in the first meeting
this year. If you know, with Bradshaw and Jacobs, the Giants were 32nd
in rushing offense this year, partner that up against the #1 rush D in
the league, that'll make the Giants one dimensional

Fastphilly
01-18-2012, 11:50 PM

Uh, you obviously have not seen the Giants one dimensional.* Its almost a preference.* Because we have Eli.* And the Giants BEELLEEEEEEVVVEEEE in Eli.* Eli is just flat out better than Alex Smith.* because eveything you said, the 49ers did that the first game.* But guess what, the Giants should have won that game if Manningham catches 1 more pass.* There were 4 plays that just a bit more attention on any one of them and the Giants win.* That was without Bradshaw playing, Boley going down in the second quarter, Tuck playing hurt.* Thats what 49ers fans are forgetting.* They didn't blow out the Giants.* One score was the difference and alot of San Fran's scoring were due to mental errors.* Well the Giants aren't making those errors.* We beat Atlanta, we beat the defending champions, and we're going to beat the 49ers and then we're taking the Lombardi trophy back to New York.

I have not heard anybody say that Smith is better than Alex...What I'd like to say is top tier defences tend to make good quarterback play down right horrible....So even though Manning's passing game looked good against the scrub defences you have faced in the last month I doubt that will carry over against a top notch defence.....I would like to add that the last good defence your team faced was in Week 15 against a Redskins team led by scrub journeyman Grossman and you guys got spanked....

Fastphilly
01-19-2012, 12:01 AM

What has your team done to make YOU feel so confident besides the usual homerism...You got swept by a bad Washington team Twice!! The second meeting a game you NEEDED for possible playoff contention and you blew it....You beat a Dallas team with a defence thats pathetic, a Matty "Melts In The Playoffs" Ice fraud Atlanta team, then put up passing numbers against the defence thats ranked dead last in the league with the aid of 8 dropped passes to wide open receivers and a flukish Hail Mary Pass..WOW what a great resume.

I know the Giants are "hot" , at least thats what they say in the media...Wasn't this Giants team hot when they were 6-2 and just beat Brady's Patriots? What happened in the next game? 'Nuff Said.

EliTE
01-19-2012, 12:04 AM
what happened in the next game? giants lost a close game despite having 2 scrub rookie linebackers playing most of the game. 9ers didn't score a TD until boley got hurt.

if manningham catches the TD it's a tie game, if the refs call willis for the obvious hold on ballard giants could have still tied it. bradshaw didn't play. surprise onside kick. surprise unbalanced pass happy offense by the 9ners caught the giants off guard. won't happen this time

Fastphilly
01-19-2012, 12:07 AM
what happened in the next game? giants lost a close game despite having 2 scrub rookie linebackers playing most of the game. 9ers didn't score a TD until boley got hurt.

if manningham catches the TD it's a tie game, if the refs call willis for the obvious hold on ballard giants could have still tied it. bradshaw didn't play. surprise onside kick. surprise unbalanced pass happy offense by the 9ners caught the giants off guard. won't happen this time

You didn't even have to worry about the run game since Gore was out and Alex still dumped on your secondary.

DVision
01-19-2012, 12:12 AM

Uh, you obviously have not seen the Giants one dimensional.* Its almost a preference.* Because we have Eli.* And the Giants BEELLEEEEEEVVVEEEE in Eli.* Eli is just flat out better than Alex Smith.* because eveything you said, the 49ers did that the first game.* But guess what, the Giants should have won that game if Manningham catches 1 more pass.* There were 4 plays that just a bit more attention on any one of them and the Giants win.* That was without Bradshaw playing, Boley going down in the second quarter, Tuck playing hurt.* Thats what 49ers fans are forgetting.* They didn't blow out the Giants.* One score was the difference and alot of San Fran's scoring were due to mental errors.* Well the Giants aren't making those errors.* We beat Atlanta, we beat the defending champions, and we're going to beat the 49ers and then we're taking the Lombardi trophy back to New York.

I have not heard anybody say that Smith is better than Alex...What I'd like to say is top tier defences tend to make good quarterback play down right horrible....So even though Manning's passing game looked good against the scrub defences you have faced in the last month I doubt that will carry over against a top notch defence.....I would like to add that the last good defence your team faced was in Week 15 against a Redskins team led by scrub journeyman Grossman and you guys got spanked....

Your pass D is not as good as the Redskins. Eli went for 300+ in the previous meeting and your powerful front 4 got a whole 1 sack and 3 qb pressures! Rodgers first INT was a great play on his part. The second was a miscue between Manning and Manningham. Neither of them were forced errors!

Lastly, to say the Jets D isn't good is asinine! They are ranked 5th (right behind the 49er's) and they don't have the luxury of playing the 19th, 28th, and 31st ranked offenses twice a year!

Every offense in the NFC East is ranked higher than every team in the West! (Yes! Even the 9er's) Including the lowly Redskins and Rex!

Fastphilly
01-19-2012, 12:21 AM

Your pass D is not as good as the Redskins. Eli went for 300+ in the previous meeting and your powerful front 4 got a whole 1 sack and 3 qb pressures! Rodgers first INT was a great play on his part. The second was a miscue between Manning and Manningham. Neither of them were forced errors!

Lastly, to say the Jets D isn't good is asinine! They are ranked 5th (right behind the 49er's) and they don't have the luxury of playing the 19th, 28th, and 31st ranked offenses twice a year!

Every offense in the NFC East is ranked higher than every team in the West! (Yes! Even the 9er's) Including the lowly Redskins and Rex!

Eli passed for over 300? Really? Try 23 of 40 for 257 yds and 3 interceptions. See for yourself: http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2011/12/18/2644937/giants-redskins-score-2011-nfl-results-week-15-rex-grossman-eli-manning

DVision
01-19-2012, 12:27 AM

Eli passed for over 300? Really? Try 23 of 40 for 257 yds and 3 interceptions. See for yourself: http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2011/12/18/2644937/giants-redskins-score-2011-nfl-results-week-15-rex-grossman-eli-manning

We're playing the 49er's right? I could swear the Redskins were on vacation already. Manning threw for 311 and 2 TD's against the 9er's in the previous meeting! Like I said before!

Fastphilly
01-19-2012, 12:35 AM

We're playing the 49er's right? I could swear the Redskins were on vacation already. Manning threw for 311 and 2 TD's against the 9er's in the previous meeting! Like I said before!

Yards are for stat rat fantasy fanboys..The fact is you were only able to get into the end zone twice!! You can move the ball all you want between the 20's, but your not getting in the endzone.

greenca190
01-19-2012, 12:42 AM

Yes, we gave up 32 points to a high powered offense lead by Drew Brees that broke Dan Marino's record this regular season. The Giants' offense isn't as dangerous. Yall have a good offense and Eli can win big games, but yall offense sure isn't the Saints'.

I'm confident we can and WILL hold the Giants under 32 pts.

I'm confident that we'll put up 31 as well.

Good luck putting up 32.