PDA

View Full Version : America's Game - The Final Four - Who ya got?

scoopscj
01-18-2012, 09:10 PM
So there are four teams left. From each team who do you think will represent the 3 on America's Game?

If the 49ers win it, I think it's Harbaugh, Alex Smith, and Frank Gore
If the Ravens win it, I think it's Ray Lewis, Harbaugh and Ray Rice
If the Patriots win it, I think it's Brady, Gronk, and .... no idea
If the Giants win, Manning, Rolle, and possibly Tuck.

What's your picks?

fourth&forever
01-18-2012, 09:27 PM
Eli, Boley, Nicks

scoopscj
01-18-2012, 09:33 PM
Eli, Boley, Nicks

LOL, not even going to try to give the other teams a shot? Heh I like your confidence. Wish I had it but I'm just so dang nervous. If they play like they've been playing... they have a great shot but they've laid some eggs this year too.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii12/scoopscj/th_SundayYUNO.png (http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii12/scoopscj/?action=view&current=SundayYUNO.png)

Scoops

Giants10Joe
01-18-2012, 09:41 PM
I haven't watched all of them, but I'm pretty sure they don't like to repeat players. That means Eli, Coughlin, Brady, Belichick, and Lewis are all out. I don't know about the other teams but I think if the Giants win they will go with JPP and Cruz. Those two have been getting more media attention then any other Giant for most of the season, played great all year, and make for great stories for the first part of the documentary (Cruz being undrafted and JPP having not played football until senior year of high school). I think for the third they would want a leader on the team, maybe someone who played in Superbowl XLII. That would mean Tuck, Osi, or Jacobs even though they all struggled with injuries or had off seasons this year. I could also see them going with Rolle. For the 49ers, I think you got it right (although I can also see them having Aldon Smith or Patrick Willis) and for the Ravens Ed Reed instead of Lewis, maybe Flaco instead of Rice. Maybe Welker for the Patriots.

gmen0820
01-18-2012, 09:59 PM
Great thread. Coughlin, Eli, JPP.

Coughlin and Eli are givens, JPP because he had been so good, but I can see Tuck or Rolle, Rolle especially.

Salsa80
01-18-2012, 10:51 PM
So there are four teams left.* From each team who do you think will represent the 3 on America's Game?

If the 49ers win it, I think it's Harbaugh, Alex Smith, and Frank Gore
If the Ravens win it, I think it's Ray Lewis, Harbaugh and Ray Rice
If the Patriots win it, I think it's Brady, Gronk, and .... no idea
If the Giants win, Manning, Rolle, and possibly Tuck.

What's your picks?

49er's- Smith, Davis, and Gore
Giants- Manning, JPP/Boley, Nicks
Pats- Brady, Gronk, Welker
Ravens-Rice, Lewis, Reed

GmenFan1980
01-18-2012, 11:47 PM
Niners- Harbaugh, Alex Smith, Vernon Davis(substitute- David Akers)
Ravens- Harbaugh, Flacco, Ray Rice(substitute- Ed Reed)
Patriots- Welker, Gronkowski, Some person on their defense(substitute- Ochocinco for no reason)
Giants- Cruz, Tuck, Rolle(substitute- JPP)

bleedblueVA
01-18-2012, 11:58 PM
Niners- Harbaugh, Patrick Willis, Alex Smith
Ravens- Terrell Suggs, Ray Lewis, Harbaugh
Patriots- Wes Welker, Tom Brady, Gronkowski
Giants- Cruuuuz, Eli, Brandon Jacobs

jjj45
01-18-2012, 11:58 PM
I was thinking about this to myself after we beat GB. Who would be our three guys in America's Game?

Just going to pick Giants. Don't care about the other teams.

I would say Cruz, but Eli has had an amazing season after he compared himself to Brady. What if he actually got to beat Brady again in the SB???

I'm thinking Grant. What a great story about the journeyman vet who finally won a championship with a special team. Plus Id love to hear all the cool stories he would have to tell.

And last, Fewell. Passionate guy. Ever heard him in the sound clips? He sounds like he wishes he was out there kickin' butt with the players. Plus he goes from almost getting fired, to having this defense playing the best in years.

So Eli/Cruz? - Grant - Fewell.

Overdrive92
01-19-2012, 12:00 AM
Don't they almost always have the head coach as 1 of the 3? So Coughlin would be a lock. The only coach who may not be a lock is Belichick because...he's Belichick.

The other 2 players would probably be Eli and Tuck IMO.

jjj45
01-19-2012, 12:12 AM
Don't they almost always have the head coach as 1 of the 3? So Coughlin would be a lock. The only coach who may not be a lock is Belichick because...he's Belichick.

The other 2 players would probably be Eli and Tuck IMO.Nope. The one year the Pats won it, they had Charlie Weiss instead of Bill.

TrueBlue10
01-19-2012, 12:21 AM
don't they never repeat guests on that show though? thus Eli and Coughlin couldn't be on.

so, I'm guessing Tuck, Cruz and JPP.

GMEN023
01-19-2012, 12:21 AM

The other 2 players would probably be Eli and Tuck IMO.Nope. The one year the Pats won it, they had Charlie Weiss instead of Bill.

Actually Belichick did do America's Game but it was the 2004 one. Weis did one of the others as did Brady. They usually don't do repeat players/coaches so Ill take that into account with my predictions. Recently they also try to do coach, offensive and defensive player to have some balance.
49ers- Harbaugh, Alex Smith, Patrick Willis
Ravens-Harbaugh, Flacco, Suggs
Patriots- Vince Wilfork, Welker, Gronkowski
Giants- Snee, Tuck, Roll (figured they would like to had some vets and leaders who were both on the 07 team and not. They could pick anyone and it would be good. Its tough to pick since Eli and Coughlin have already done one.

GmenFan1980
01-23-2012, 02:24 PM
Bump. Down to the Final two

Any Changes?

Patriots- Wilfork, Gronk, Welker

Giants- Cruz, Tuck, Rolle

Pksoze
01-23-2012, 02:44 PM
If we win Cruz,Rolle, and they could go with Fewell,JPP, or Tuck.

davecrazy
01-23-2012, 10:17 PM
Very rarely do they do the same player twice. The Cowboys and 49ners dynasty teams all had 3 different guys every episode.

So no Eli, no Coughlin.

Tuck, Cruz, Rolle

njsean
01-23-2012, 10:19 PM
Very rarely do they do the same player twice. The Cowboys and 49ners dynasty teams all had 3 different guys every episode.

So no Eli, no Coughlin.

Tuck, Cruz, Rolle

This. Terrible karma to talk about it, but I was thinking about it on the way to work this morning.

I was also think Tuck, Cruz, and Snee.

BluTri10
01-23-2012, 10:35 PM
Very good thread. So many good stories on this team.

Since there are no repeats allowed on America's Game...you have to consider the following players.

Cruz, Rolle, Tuck, Osi, Boley, Fewell, Nicks, Tynes, Kiwi

GmenFan1980
02-05-2012, 10:28 PM
ULTIMATE BUMP. WHO YA GOT?

Cruz, Tuck, and Rolle?

ALT

Nicks, Tuck, and Blackburn :D

Super Bowl Champs!!!!!!!!

M0rbid
02-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Add Steve Weatherford.

jjj45
02-06-2012, 02:58 AM
ULTIMATE BUMP. WHO YA GOT?

Cruz, Tuck, and Rolle?

ALT

Nicks, Tuck, and Blackburn :D

Super Bowl Champs!!!!!!!!I kinda hope it isnt rolle. i like him, but we see enough of the dude already. Give another defender a try.

It should really be Blackburn. sitting on the couch and then comes in and make huge plays to propel our SB victory. Although he hasnt played the whole season , the dudes been a stud.