PDA

View Full Version : I am shocked at the threads i am seeing.

Marvelousmik
01-18-2012, 09:14 PM
All of a sudden the majority of you are ****y again. What happened? You do know this 49ers team just came off of a big game vs the saints right? You do know that this same 49ers team beat us earlier on in the year, and you do know that alex smith played better than eli that game right?

You do know we got swept by the redskins this year, right? You do know we came off of a huge win vs the eagles in week 3 and got beat by TJ, and the seahawks right?

I am not trying to be a party pooper here or bring anyone's spirit down, but you need to cut the ****iness out for your own good. We are not invincible. Even if we outplay the 49ers and dont turn the ball over, we still have to worry about the 13th man. The officiating crew. They have been screwing us over lately and it will probably happen again this game.

We can very well get blown out this game if we dont come in with the right mentality. we are in the NFC companionship game in playoffs. Anything can happen so how could you just shrug off a 13-3 team that made it this far?

Just like that, one mistake and this game could be in the books. i dont want to look back in the year reflecting on how the season and postseason could have turned out. I dont wan't to turn off the game thinking about about how we could have won. i want this team to win the superbowl.

I want steve smith to regret signing with the eagles. When Eli said he feels hes in the same class as brady EVEYRONE LAUGHED including myself. Now how beautiful/sweet/crazy, would it be if he was to not only win the superbowl this year, but BEAT BRADY........ AGAIN, as he does it?

In order for all of this to happen the players must understand that this will not be an easy game and that they will have to keep working harder each week. No breaks. If you think we will just go in there this sunday and blow the 49ers out at home, dont even watch the game. Seriously. Don't even turn the game on. We cant let off of the gas or will we get smacked!.

respect all fear none.

Sundown
01-18-2012, 09:17 PM
You act like the fans are going to be the ones going on the field Sunday. The players are handling their business and that's all that matters.

Giantsin04
01-18-2012, 09:20 PM
I like your Passion but dude, relax. Your not one the team. It doesn't matter if some dude in his living room is ****y about the game. I literally think we are going to kick the **** out the 9ers, doesn't change what's going to happen.

Youngb
01-18-2012, 09:22 PM
Hey it's cool for fans to be ****y, but if players were starting these threads it would be shocking. You should see some of the guys over 9er forums, but like here, most of the fans realize that this is a game that will most likely be decided by one play.

What we have here is two solid teams that are good in all facets of the game. The two most complete teams left in the playoffs are facing each other on Sunday and it is going to be a battle. I'm rooting for my Niners, but if we lose, I will be hopping on your bandwagon for a couple weeks.

Marvelousmik
01-18-2012, 09:22 PM
You act like the fans are going to be the ones going on the field Sunday. The players are handling their business and that's all that matters.

I guess you could say i believe in karma. No matter what it is, usually the person, team, player, fan, or what ever it is, who is the ****iness is the one who loses. I'm sure i am not the only one who realizes this.

Think about all of the experiences you had in life. If you look back i am sure you would understand what i mean. I bet all the saints fans probably felt the same way before last week.

Giantz4Life
01-18-2012, 09:25 PM
There's no way the players are taking this game lightly. You don't overlook a team that went 13-3, and boasted one of the top defenses all season, especially under Tom Coughlin. He will have these guys prepared and ready to go.

As for the fans being ****y, why shouldn't we feel confident? We are BALLIN' right now. We are arguably the hottest team in the NFL right now and we're playing very good balanced football.

Next stop on the Revenge Tour: SAN FRAN.

ALL ABOARD THE BIG BLUE EXPRESS!

scf424
01-18-2012, 09:26 PM
The 49ers fans are acting the same way, so it evens out.

scoopscj
The Niners scare the crap out of me. Great D.... Great running game.... Sloppy field and home field advantage give them a serious edge. I feel better about the beating the Niners than I would have if we played the Saints though.

No ****y here. ... Just a sick, nervous stomach, sweaty palms, and a racing heart beat here. Sunday can't get here fast enough.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii12/scoopscj/th_SundayYUNO.png (http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii12/scoopscj/?action=view&current=SundayYUNO.png)

Scoops

mattpl908
I know where your coming from...this is the hardest team the giants will face

Raffi
01-18-2012, 09:28 PM
All of a sudden the majority of you are ****y again. What happened? You do know this 49ers team just came off of a big game vs the saints right? You do know that this same 49ers team beat us earlier on in the year, and you do know that alex smith played better than eli that game right?

While I don't condone trash talking, there's nothing wrong with being a little ****y, c'mon, we're all excited, same as the 9ers fans.

The outcome of the game has already been set and nothing will change it, not unless fire and brimstone starts to fall from the sky, and cats and dogs start living together.....then, I'd say we've got a problem.

Marvelousmik
01-18-2012, 09:32 PM
As for the fans being ****y, why shouldn't we feel confident? We are BALLIN' right now. We are arguably the hottest team in the NFL right now and we're playing very good balanced football.

This reminds me of 2 teams that are now gone. drew brees comes off of a record breaking season, plays lights out vs the lions and lose to the 49ers.

aaron rodgers gets mvp as the packers go 15-1, and then lose to us.

anything. can happen

chizz
01-18-2012, 09:36 PM
i think the boards are better when people are confident . Great change from earlier in the yesr when there was a thread on every player and coach that should be cut , fired , or traded

egyptian420
01-18-2012, 09:42 PM
The Niners scare the crap out of me. Great D.... Great running game.... Sloppy field and home field advantage give them a serious edge. I feel better about the beating the Niners than I would have if we played the Saints though.

No ****y here. ... Just a sick, nervous stomach, sweaty palms, and a racing heart beat here. Sunday can't get here fast enough.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii12/scoopscj/th_SundayYUNO.png (http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii12/scoopscj/?action=view&current=SundayYUNO.png)

Scoops

+1

gianthole

This reminds me of 2 teams that are now gone. drew brees comes off of a record breaking season, plays lights out vs the lions and lose to the 49ers.

anything. can happen

What exactly is your point dude! Go hang out at 9rs forum and cry there! They are 100x's more ****y than anyone on this forum.

brad
Fans being ****y or confident has no bearing on the team... I agree that the 49'ers should not be taken lightly... by the Giants. Fortunately, we are just fans. I still look at this game very tentatively, but agree with chizz... the boards are much better now that everyone is so much more positive.

JJC7301
01-18-2012, 09:45 PM
I like your Passion but dude, relax. Your not one the team. It doesn't matter if some dude in his living room is ****y about the game. I literally think we are going to kick the **** out the 9ers, doesn't change what's going to happen.
+1. Plus, there's a lot of threads concerning the upcoming game, and trust me, there are plenty of realistic fans. I like our chances, but as the week goes on get more and more wary because of the weather conditions. Traditionally, we're built for a potential rushing slug-fest in the mud, but the 49ers are built better than we are this time IMO.

JJC7301
01-18-2012, 09:47 PM
I know where your coming from...this is the hardest team the giants will face
+1. Whoever wins this game will win the SB IMO. I'm actually more worried about this game than the GB game. Nothing against GB, but it just "smelled" like victory coming our way. SF has been consistent, they're hungry to get to the top of the mountain, they're motivated and they're feeling great after that awesome win over N.O.

Harooni
01-18-2012, 09:50 PM
thats true we dont play, but the OC is tring to save the board erupting if we dont beat the 49ers by 28 points like many stated we will.

Drez
01-18-2012, 09:51 PM
There's no way the players are taking this game lightly. You don't overlook a team that went 13-3, and boasted one of the top defenses all season, especially under Tom Coughlin. He will have these guys prepared and ready to go.

Next stop on the Revenge Tour: SAN FRAN.

ALL ABOARD THE BIG BLUE EXPRESS!

</P>

For real. The players aren't taking the game lightly. Hell, I believe it was Tuck that tweeted on the flight home that he was already looking at film on the Niners.</P>

bflo23
01-18-2012, 09:51 PM
@Marvelousmik

Don't confuse confidence for ****iness. I like the confidence being shown by the players and fans. I like the talking by the players. "You do know this 49ers team just came off of a big game vs the saints right?"... I do remember that 49ers win over the Saints. I clearly remember the Saints having a severe case of fumblitis, 5 turnovers by the Saints and nearly 500 passing yards for Brees. I wasn't impressed by the 49ers and I don't see 5 turnovers by the Giants. "You do know that this same 49ers team beat us earlier on in the year"... Yea but the Giants had a hobbled Tuck, no Osi, no Bradshaw and those players matter. The Giants team of the past 4 games is lot different than the the mid season Giants. And the Giants still dominated in time of possession (10 more minutes), almost 100 more total yards, held Gore to 0 rushing yards, was 7-14 in 3rd conv and Eli had more comp, more passing yards, more td passes than Smith so I can't say that Smith "outplayed" Eli. There are plenty of reasons why Giants and Giant fans should have confidence.

ashleymarie
01-18-2012, 09:54 PM
Being postive is better than doom and gloom.

Giantz4Life
01-18-2012, 09:55 PM

anything. can happen

You're right anything can happen...that's why we love the game.

To be honest though...Green Bay was never balanced and neither were the Saints. Two extremely high powered offenses that masked their defensive troubles by putting up tons of points and forcing teams to shoot it out with them. You saw in both games against good defenses when the offense didn't score or convert the defense was nowhere to be found to bail them out.

This will be our toughest challenge yet. Battle of two very balanced football teams.

Drez
01-18-2012, 09:57 PM
thats true we dont play, but the OC is tring to save the board erupting if we dont beat the 49ers by 28 points like many stated we will.
</P>

No, he's just using this as an excuse to infuse the boards with his negative attitude, something that he hasn't been afforded the opportunity to do lately. He's also setting himself up for the, "I told you so," moment in the event of a Giants loss.</P>

These boards, save for the normal hysteria, will not erupt if we lose so long as we play well. I think most around here are just elated that we've made it this far... considering all the trials and tribulations we've faced over the course of this season.</P>

chasjay
01-18-2012, 09:58 PM
Mm - I agree that none of us should think that a win is guaranteed - hell, they've already beaten us once this season - But, the players are not the ones starting the threads you are seeing or making the posts that are making you nervous. You're all over the place here. Steve Smith has nothing to do with this and your mention of him is the first I've thought of him in weeks. Most of us never laughed at Eli's putting himself into the upper tier of NFL QB's.

I am confident we can win - make that, will win - but also very aware that SF can beat us again if we don't protect the ball and protect our goal line.

I've run out of things to say except - Go Giants!!

FlyingTruck
01-18-2012, 10:00 PM
You do know that it doesn't matter what we do as fans? Because in no shape, way or form will it affect the players or the game.

Drez
01-18-2012, 10:03 PM
You do know that it doesn't matter what we do as fans? Because in no shape, way or form will it affect the players or the game.</P>

And if the players are on here starting/reading threads, we're in big ****ing trouble to begin with!!!! lol</P>

gumby742
01-18-2012, 10:08 PM
You do know that it doesn't matter what we do as fans? Because in no shape, way or form will it affect the players or the game.

Yet a good number of us have our game day superstitions. =)

I do agree with the op though.

Down-lifer
01-18-2012, 10:12 PM

I guess you could say i believe in karma. No matter what it is, usually the person, team, player, fan, or what ever it is, who is the ****iness is the one who loses. I'm sure i am not the only one who realizes this.

Think about all of the experiences you had in life. If you look back i am sure you would understand what i mean. I bet all the saints fans probably felt the same way before last week.
So being confident is being ****y now? I'm confident that the Giants WILL win on Sunday! That is all. I think that confident fans and a confident team (make no mistake about it the Giants are VERY confident) is the key to winning in the playoffs. Thats my Karma.
I love the feeling and atmosphere of this team right now. I don't find them, or us fans to be ****y, just confident.

EliTE
01-18-2012, 10:24 PM
i stopped reading after you said alex smith played better than eli in that game.

JMFP2
01-18-2012, 11:25 PM

You do know we got swept by the redskins this year, right? You do know we came off of a huge win vs the eagles in week 3 and got beat by TJ, and the seahawks right?

I am not trying to be a party pooper here or bring anyone's spirit down, but you need to cut the ****iness out for your own good. We are not invincible. Even if we outplay the 49ers and dont turn the ball over, we still have to worry about the 13th man. The officiating crew. They have been screwing us over lately and it will probably happen again this game.

We can very well get blown out this game if we dont come in with the right mentality. we are in the NFC companionship game in playoffs. Anything can happen so how could you just shrug off a 13-3 team that made it this far?

Just like that, one mistake and this game could be in the books. i dont want to look back in the year reflecting on how the season and postseason could have turned out. I dont wan't to turn off the game thinking about about how we could have won. i want this team to win the superbowl.

I want steve smith to regret signing with the eagles. When Eli said he feels hes in the same class as brady EVEYRONE LAUGHED including myself. Now how beautiful/sweet/crazy, would it be if he was to not only win the superbowl this year, but BEAT BRADY........ AGAIN, as he does it?

In order for all of this to happen the players must understand that this will not be an easy game and that they will have to keep working harder each week. No breaks. If you think we will just go in there this sunday and blow the 49ers out at home, dont even watch the game. Seriously. Don't even turn the game on. We cant let off of the gas or will we get smacked!.

respect all fear none.
</P>

</P>

I doubt the Giants are going to take the 49ers lightly.....after all, the 49ers beat them.</P>

I think the Giants have a good shot, but there's no way I'm feeling overconfident....this is going to be a damn tough game, and the Giants are going to have to come out fired up.</P>

Winner goes to the Super Bowl.....that's all the motivation needed.</P>

</P>

nygfan7387
01-18-2012, 11:42 PM
If the Niners played in the AFC East, they would look exactly like the Jets. Stellar Defense, a so-so offense...We can beat these guys, we had them last time, and this time it's going to be completely different..

GiantWarfare
01-18-2012, 11:46 PM
The Niners scare the crap out of me.* Great D.... Great running game.... Sloppy field and home field advantage give them a serious edge.* I feel better about the beating the Niners than I would have if we played the Saints though.*

No ****y here. ... Just a sick, nervous stomach, sweaty palms, and a racing heart beat here.* Sunday can't get here fast enough.

************************************************** *** http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii12/scoopscj/th_SundayYUNO.png (http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii12/scoopscj/?action=view&current=SundayYUNO.png)

Scoops

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing009.gif at the "YUNO" guy...

But yea I'm w/ you bro...

Def concerned about the Niners defense...

FBomb
01-18-2012, 11:49 PM
You act like the fans are going to be the ones going on the field Sunday. The players are handling their business and that's all that matters.</P>

Exactly.</P>

nybeatmaker
01-18-2012, 11:59 PM
"You do know we got swept by the redskins this year, right? You do know
we came off of a huge win vs the eagles in week 3 and got beat by TJ,
and the seahawks right?"

Okay....You do know that we swept the Cowboys this year, right?
You do know we blew out the Falcons, right?
You do know we basically blew out GREEN BAY right?

It's the teams job to be focused....and our job to be ****y

Jakemall
01-19-2012, 12:21 AM

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii12/scoopscj/th_SundayYUNO.png (http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii12/scoopscj/?action=view¤t=SundayYUNO.png)

Scoops

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing009.gif at the "YUNO" guy... But yea I'm w/ you bro... Def concerned about the Niners defense...</P>

</P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt"><FONT face=Calibri>As a niners fan, I don’t know what I was more worried about..Playing an amazing but one dimensional offense in the Packers at GB or the Giants who are finally firing on all 8 cylinders.</FONT></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p><FONT face=Calibri></FONT></o:p></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt"><FONT face=Calibri>It has the makings of an amazing game. Eli and your WRs are NO JOKE. Almost like Rogers and Brees, Eli seems to be able to score whenever he needs to now. You put 20 points on us last time and it very easily could have been more. Considering we usually give up 10 at home, that’s significant. Your defense has only improved by having your LB core back in tact as well. Dunno about the injury in the GB to your DE?</FONT></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt"><FONT face=Calibri>Still while your team is a lot better, we’ve have Gore back for this game and we didn’t have him the last time we met. I’m expecting another brutal game by two teams who are playing hungry. I’m grateful we’re at home… we’ll need every advantage we can get.</FONT></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt"><o:p><FONT face=Calibri></FONT></o:p></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt"><FONT face=Calibri>Here’s to a good game…and hopefully a 9er victory [:D]</FONT></P>

</P>

whakka
01-19-2012, 12:30 AM
imho the saints defense made alex smith and the niners offense look better than it is. they had to bring in backs to get pressure. also the niners defense gave up 472 yards, 32 pts, and had a +4 turnover margin and still struggled to close it out. sorry but i think the giants go in and smash. 31-13 giants.

edit: canty is a dt, and he is fine. and it isnt only our lb that is healthy. giants are going to get more pressure on smith with four than the saints did all day long with their backs blitzing.

Jakemall
01-19-2012, 12:38 AM
I hope the Giants under estimate the 9ers as much as you seem to be doing. 9ers play calling gets very conservative when we have the lead...it's when we're behind we open it up. The saints found that out the hard way.</P>

As for the turnover margin...have you looked at our margin for the season? That's what our D does. </P>

bubblesmcgee
01-19-2012, 12:46 AM
i stopped reading after you said alex smith played better than eli in that game.

He doesnt like eli. His sig a while back called out anyone who supported eli as a blind homer or something like that...

jjj45
01-19-2012, 12:48 AM

respect all fear none.
All I know is that I had the word "right" shoved pretentiously in my face a few times.

Jakemall
01-19-2012, 12:56 AM
i stopped reading after you said alex smith played better than eli in that game. He doesnt like eli. His sig a while back called out anyone who supported eli as a blind homer or something like that...</P>

</P>

If you go by QB ratings, he did. Eli had 84.5 and Alex had 85.7.</P>