PDA

View Full Version : New York Rangers 2011-2012

Pages : 1 [2] 3

bandwgn86
04-17-2012, 04:40 PM
PS Andy MacDonald looks like a 12 year old, he has to be the smallest NHLer in the league.

Haha thats gotta go to Nathan Gerbe from Buffalo.
<a href="http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/4436">
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/4436</a>
wow 5'-5".. next year when Buffalo meets Boston i gotta see Chara stand next to this guy lol

slipknottin
04-17-2012, 08:04 PM
wow 5'-5".. next year when Buffalo meets Boston i gotta see Chara stand next to this guy lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJGgkoo0tsA&feature=fvst

like 7-9 seconds in he is next to Tyler Meyers who is 6'8. lol and again like :46 in.

Gmen2005
04-17-2012, 11:39 PM
I hope they can pull out a win tomorrow. That'd be massive. If Hank is back to his midseason groove, I think we have a good chance.

Could really use a goal or two from Gaborik.

Kase-1
04-17-2012, 11:40 PM
BRIAN F'N BOYLE!!!!!

This guy has been a BEAST for us, doing all the little things great and the big things even better

http://cbsnewyork.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/brian-boyle1.jpg?w=300

slipknottin
04-17-2012, 11:46 PM
NHL Wankers are at it again with the suspensions that they seemingly pull out of a hat, or base on how good a player is.

James Neal with two blows to the head in a game gets 1 game, why? 40 goals.

Asham gets 4 games, yet I dont see how going right after a guy, getting him up high with the stick then punching him after he is down is signficantly different than what Carkner did.

The Neal thing in particular annoyed me. Shanny said they decided one game because "Giroux suffered no apparent injuries". How the HELL do they know that? What if Giroux starts showing concussion related symptoms in a week or two from now?

The NHL is so far behind with the head injury things. Theyve been stomping their feet saying we dont know enough about it. There is plenty of evidence on head injuries. NFL for all the complaints they get are taking substantial steps to cut down on it. NHL just goes willy nilly here and there.

They are going to be completely owned by lawsuits.

THE_New_York_Giants
04-18-2012, 12:03 AM
NHL Wankers are at it again with the suspensions that they seemingly pull out of a hat, or base on how good a player is.

Asham gets 4 games, yet I dont see how going right after a guy, getting him up high with the stick then punching him after he is down is signficantly different than what Carkner did.

The Neal thing in particular annoyed me. Shanny said they decided one game because "Giroux suffered no apparent injuries". How the HELL do they know that? What if Giroux starts showing concussion related symptoms in a week or two from now?

The NHL is so far behind with the head injury things. Theyve been stomping their feet saying we dont know enough about it. There is plenty of evidence on head injuries. NFL for all the complaints they get are taking substantial steps to cut down on it. NHL just goes willy nilly here and there.

They are going to be completely owned by lawsuits.\
good for them. TBH, I hope hockey doesn't change. Much better sport to watch and play with the violence. Most exciting game on earth.

slipknottin
04-18-2012, 12:04 AM
good for them. TBH, I hope hockey doesn't change. Much better sport to watch and play with the violence. Most exciting game on earth.

Very immature attitude.

A sport that doesnt protect its players wont be a sport for long. Class-action lawsuits can completely dismantle the NHL.

THE_New_York_Giants
04-18-2012, 12:12 AM

Very immature attitude.

A sport that doesnt protect its players wont be a sport for long. Class-action lawsuits can completely dismantle the NHL.

People will still play hockey. Newsflash, bro. Highschool, juniors, college, peewee, etc. hockey and football have almost the same rules as their pro counter parts (although in about half of the hockey leagues there isn't fighting but ironically they still have a high injury rate.) The best part of being two of the highest grossing corporations in the world is that they probably will not have to pay anybody anything. It's mostly fodder from 1100 broke *** retirees who can't get a job now and professional sports was the only way to get paid in their lifetimes. So yeah, soon every high school in America will get sued too and soon after that, the high school chess team captain will be the coolest guy in school. Make people be accountable for their actions. If they want to play in a league where there is a 25% chance that your brain is going to get scrambled, that is your choice. Have them sign a contract in the beginning and get it notarized by the supreme court or something in the beginning waiving all liability from the sport. Your solution is to send a law suit against a league in which you chose to play in. That's the beauty of being an independent contractor (like all athletes are). You want precedence on this subject, go look at similar lawsuits with the WWE, WCW, WWF, and TNA. Life expectancies of wrestlers is far lower than professional athletes and so far they haven't gotten **** from lawsuits. Make the players accountable for being professional athletes and don't condone a generation of whiners and crybabies with a sense of entitlement.

slipknottin
04-18-2012, 12:16 AM
Have them sign a contract in the beginning and get it notarized by the supreme court or something in the beginning waiving all liability from the sport.

You cant waive that right. Those liability wavers that some sports places have you sign that say they are not responsible if anything happens to you? Those dont stand up in court.

You really need to educate yourself on this issue if you think its just whiners and crybabies who dont have jobs.

Its the same as cigarette companies. Once they know enough about CTE, then it is the leagues responsibility to work to fix it. If they ignore the consequences then they are setting themselves up for massive lawsuits.

Gmen2005
04-18-2012, 12:18 AM
Shanahan needs to resign immediately after this season. He's in over his head.

THE_New_York_Giants
04-18-2012, 12:19 AM
Have them sign a contract in the beginning and get it notarized by the supreme court or something in the beginning waiving all liability from the sport.

You cant waive that right. Those liability wavers that some sports places have you sign that say they are not responsible if anything happens to you? Those dont stand up in court.

You really need to educate yourself on this issue if you think its just whiners and crybabies who dont have jobs. I'm looking and that's what I'm seeing. Go look at similar WWE lawsuits. Go on. Big corporations are untouchable. You think the American government will forcefully put down 2 of it's most popular past times? I don't. IMHO, NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB are almost immune from this.

Kase-1
04-18-2012, 12:20 AM
Shanahan needs to resign immediately after this season. He's in over his head.
He was one of my favorite players as a kid, but I dont agree with his playoff suspensions at all

Kase-1
04-18-2012, 12:22 AM

Very immature attitude.

A sport that doesnt protect its players wont be a sport for long. Class-action lawsuits can completely dismantle the NHL.So in your eyes football and hockey are gonna be 'a sport for long' ????

slipknottin
04-18-2012, 12:25 AM
I'm looking and that's what I'm seeing. Go look at similar WWE lawsuits. Go on. Big corporations are untouchable. You think the American government will forcefully put down 2 of it's most popular past times? I don't. IMHO, NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB are almost immune from this.

Then why is the NFL pushing for player safety? Because they want to? Lol. They are pushing it because they know they would be in trouble if they didnt protect themselves.

The goverment is not going to step in and defend the sports leagues from lawsuits.

The NFL isnt a corporation, secondly.

And third, did you not notice when the goverment dragged the MLB into court to force them on the steroid issue?

bandwgn86
04-18-2012, 12:26 AM

They are going to be completely owned by lawsuits.they are dragging their feet on head shots because of fighting they don't know how to go about creating rules that say no headshots but allow the players to take multiple head shots from fists.. And considering bow popular fighting is with its fans they don't want to mess around

bandwgn86
04-18-2012, 12:26 AM

Very immature attitude.

A sport that doesnt protect its players wont be a sport for long. Class-action lawsuits can completely dismantle the NHL.So in your eyes football and hockey are gonna be 'a sport for long' ????

curling's where it's at Kase

slipknottin
04-18-2012, 12:27 AM
So in your eyes football and hockey are gonna be 'a sport for long' ????

not if they dont make a clear effort to protect players. NFL is taking the initiative, NHL is stomping around and trying to avoid it, but being pushed in that direction. WWE I think is trying to completely avoid it, but just a matter of time before they get caught in the CTE issue, and the steroid one for that matter.

slipknottin
04-18-2012, 12:28 AM
]they are dragging their feet on head shots because of fighting they don't know how to go about creating rules that say no headshots but allow the players to take multiple head shots from fists.. And considering bow popular fighting is with its fans they don't want to mess around

I agree completely. Eventually legal issues are going to force fighting out of the game. And believe me, Im as much of a fan of fighting in hockey as anyone. But you look at what it does to the enforcers, Boogaard, etc. And you have to eventually come to the conclusion that it is causing tremendous harm to these players, there will be a point where the NHL can no longer defend that.

Kase-1
04-18-2012, 12:37 AM
So in your eyes football and hockey are gonna be 'a sport for long' ????

not if they dont make a clear effort to protect players. NFL is taking the initiative, NHL is stomping around and trying to avoid it, but being pushed in that direction. WWE I think is trying to completely avoid it, but just a matter of time before they get caught in the CTE issue, and the steroid one for that matter.Dont kid yourself no matter how many lawsuits are out there, the NHL, NFL, etc is not going anywhere. Theyre the only top level competition of their kinds in N. America, they may have to throw out millions to former players but we as fans pay millions to them each year. Its just gonna be a cycle

slipknottin
04-18-2012, 12:38 AM
Dont kid yourself no matter how many lawsuits are out there, the NHL, NFL, etc is not going anywhere.* \

its not a matter of them disappearing. Its a matter of them having such massive lawsuits that they are forced to change the game, or they simply make far less money.

bandwgn86
04-18-2012, 12:39 AM
]they are dragging their feet on head shots because of fighting they don't know how to go about creating rules that say no headshots but allow the players to take multiple head shots from fists.. And considering bow popular fighting is with its fans they don't want to mess around

I agree completely. Eventually legal issues are going to force fighting out of the game. And believe me, Im as much of a fan of fighting in hockey as anyone. But you look at what it does to the enforcers, Boogaard, etc. And you have to eventually come to the conclusion that it is causing tremendous harm to these players, there will be a point where the NHL can no longer defend that.id hate see that day but you are probably right. One big lawsuit and it's party's over

slipknottin
04-18-2012, 12:46 AM
id hate see that day but you are probably right. One big lawsuit and it's party's over

Unless they can find some way to minimize concussions during fights. Technology maybe? Force guys to wear helmets and have softer gloves they need to keep on? Though if you take out the concussions then you also inherently eliminate the pain, and therefore the victories. Maybe make a rule saying you can only punch each other below the neck? Odd but maybe effective.

bandwgn86
04-18-2012, 09:46 AM
Really pissed that the PHI/PIT was not on yesterday now I have to choose between that game and the NY/OTT game. Guess it will be Pitt/Phi since they are close to elimination and there will be blood if Phi gets out to a good lead

CGYgiant
04-18-2012, 11:42 AM
Really pissed that the PHI/PIT was not on yesterday now I have to choose between that game and the NY/OTT game. Guess it will be Pitt/Phi since they are close to elimination and there will be blood if Phi gets out to a good lead

yep, cant wait to see Crosby the cheap shot artist/little wuss whine to the refs all game. I hope someone lays him out good today.

;)

slipknottin
04-18-2012, 01:57 PM

At least we get to watch Vancouver riot tonight.

slipknottin
04-18-2012, 01:58 PM
yep, cant wait to see Crosby the cheap shot artist/little wuss whine to the refs all game. I hope someone lays him out good today.

;)

I hope if he starts picking fights again he actually fights the guy he started with, and doesnt somehow end up fighting Giroux again. Pretty embarrassing when you only fight guys substantially smaller than you.

bandwgn86
04-18-2012, 05:50 PM

;)
i'd argue with you but that last one we had a year or 2 ago didnt end very well lol

bandwgn86
04-18-2012, 05:58 PM

;)
I hope if he starts picking fights again he actually fights the guy he started with, and doesnt somehow end up fighting Giroux again. Pretty embarrassing when you only fight guys substantially smaller than you.is this the Hartnell thing? wasnt Hartnell the one egging Sid on, holding his stick? Sid didnt get a chance to fight Hartnell, Adams jumped on him Giroux jumped on Sid</P>

</P>

the hate isblinding the both of you lol</P>

slipknottin
04-18-2012, 06:02 PM
]is this the Hartnell thing? wasnt Hartnell the one egging Sid on, holding his stick? Sid didnt get a chance to fight Hartnell, Adams jumped on him Giroux jumped on Sid

Adams came rushing in so Sid didnt have to fight someone who would have pummeled him. Some point Sid is going to have to fight his own battles if he is going to keep starting scrums.

bandwgn86
04-18-2012, 06:13 PM
]is this the Hartnell thing? wasnt Hartnell the one egging Sid on, holding his stick? Sid didnt get a chance to fight Hartnell, Adams jumped on him Giroux jumped on Sid Adams came rushing in so Sid didnt have to fight someone who would have pummeled him. Some point Sid is going to have to fight his own battles if he is going to keep starting scrums.he didnt start antything.. and yes it would make sense Adams jumped in they tend to protect their superstars..especially ones coming off a long layoff for head trauma.

bandwgn86
04-18-2012, 06:15 PM
Alfredsson is still out tonight? </P>

</P>

slipknottin
04-18-2012, 06:22 PM
he didnt start antything.. and yes it would make sense Adams jumped in they tend to protect their superstars..especially ones coming off a long layoff for head trauma.

he had hartnell grabbed by the back of the jersey. He swept Voracek's glove away which started a scrum. He was absolutely an instigator during that game a couple times.

bandwgn86
04-18-2012, 06:41 PM
Really pissed that the PHI/PIT was not on yesterday now I have to choose between that game and the NY/OTT game. Guess it will be Pitt/Phi since they are close to elimination and there will be blood if Phi gets out to a good lead At least we get to watch Vancouver riot tonight.missed this post. lmao nice one

bandwgn86
04-18-2012, 06:53 PM
he didnt start antything.. and yes it would make sense Adams jumped in they tend to protect their superstars..especially ones coming off a long layoff for head trauma. he had hartnell grabbed by the back of the jersey. He swept Voracek's glove away which started a scrum. He was absolutely an instigator during that game a couple times.again he didnt start anything.. Girouxstarted everything,in the first period before the glove swat Giroux was barking at him than he jumped onSid when Sid and Timonen were in a tussle.. </P>

but sure go ahead blame Crosby.. its the cool thing to do right </P>

slipknottin
04-18-2012, 07:22 PM
Giroux*started everything,*in the first period before the glove swat Giroux was barking at him than he jumped on*Sid when Sid and Timonen were in a tussle.. </P>

but sure go ahead blame Crosby.. its the cool thing to do right </P>

Sid was barking back either way. He was talking about how he felt that the Pens played the game the right way too... despite getting two suspensions out of it and losing 8-5.

I give Philly a lot of credit, they completely have the Pens off their game. Malkin has been a no show. Crosby while he has some points has spent probably more minutes in the box than shots on net, and they have completely humiliated Fluery.

slipknottin
04-18-2012, 10:40 PM
I dont even know how to explain what is going on in this Pen-Flyers series. Lol.

This is arguably the worst playoff hockey by both teams I have ever seen. Neither has shown any defense the entire series.

bandwgn86
04-18-2012, 11:30 PM
Wow... Great game..

THE_New_York_Giants
04-18-2012, 11:30 PM
That was the Rangers' worst played game of the season. It's as if they tried their hardest to lose the game.

THE_New_York_Giants
04-18-2012, 11:31 PM
Wow... Great game..
I don't know what game you were watching, but it should have been 10-2 Sens. The Rangers didn't even try

bandwgn86
04-18-2012, 11:32 PM
I dont even know how to explain what is going on in this Pen-Flyers series. Lol.

This is arguably the worst playoff hockey by both teams I have ever seen. Neither has shown any defense the entire series.still have faith in Fleury. I think it goes to game 7

bandwgn86
04-18-2012, 11:33 PM
Wow... Great game..
I don't know what game you were watching, but it should have been 10-2 Sens. The Rangers didn't even tryremember im the guy going for Ottawa lol

slipknottin
04-18-2012, 11:35 PM
That was the Rangers' worst played game of the season. It's as if they tried their hardest to lose the game.

They had no forecheck the entire game, they finally play Rupp at the end and he has two shots.

So many Rangers have been complete no-shows this postseason. Stepan, Dubi(no show all season) Anisimov (who seems to fall down with any breeze), Fedetenko has been crap, Prust at least attempts to do things, but only manages to take penalties.

Really its been Gaborik, Richards, Cally, and Boyle. And a bunch of bums.

Kase-1
04-18-2012, 11:55 PM

They had no forecheck the entire game, they finally play Rupp at the end and he has two shots.

So many Rangers have been complete no-shows this postseason. Stepan, Dubi(no show all season) Anisimov (who seems to fall down with any breeze), Fedetenko has been crap, Prust at least attempts to do things, but only manages to take penalties.

Really its been Gaborik, Richards, Cally, and Boyle. And a bunch of bums.No love for Girardi, McD, or MDZ??

slipknottin
04-18-2012, 11:59 PM
]No love for Girardi, McD, or MDZ??

I was just talking about offense. The defense has been ok for the most part. Havent been as physical as I would like (staal excluded). But they have been steady at least.

Stralman has made a huge difference on the powerplay. Pretty unexpected.

Even Gaborik was getting on my nerves tonight, back to his coasting around the ice crap. Especially defensively. But I really wanted Gaborik traded to the Kings last offseason.

THE_New_York_Giants
04-19-2012, 12:19 AM
The top lines need to be
Gabs, Richie, Kreider (Hags when he comes back)

Rupp, Boyle, Cally

Prust, Dubi, Feds (Kreider when Hags comes back

inexorably
04-19-2012, 04:33 AM
meh... really disappointed in this game.

#1 Seed and playing like the #8 seed from last season.

Henrik let in some soft goals this game.

Defense was pretty good.

Offense is non-existent. Fore check was a joke.

Can't win a face off to save their lives

Dubinsky, Anisimov, Steppan... all look terrible out there or are invisible.

Gaborik and Richards not showing much either.

This team has played really good for like 10mins each game and thats about it.

Torts needs to give the 4th line players more than just 3-4 mins a game or the main lines will be gassed half way through the 2nd period.

Just bad, disappointing game all around for the most part. I mean we finally get the power play going and can't do anything else. This team has given up the lead twice now and lost in OT both times. This series should be over but nope... now its a best of 3.

Tonight was bad for offense for both the Rangers and the Yankees. What a ****ty night for sports.

dezzzR
04-19-2012, 12:05 PM
The last two games Ottawa seems to be in our zone more, especially 5 on 5. They had a lot of chances last night. So did the rangers but were unable to capitalize. Rangers become complacent and sit back with the lead and it always bites them in the ***. ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK!!! Ughhh, how do you blow a 2-0 lead?

slipknottin
04-19-2012, 12:14 PM
The last two games Ottawa seems to be in our zone more, especially 5 on 5.* They had a lot of chances last night. So did the rangers but were unable to capitalize. Rangers become complacent and sit back with the lead and it always bites them in the ***. ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK!!! Ughhh, how do you blow a 2-0 lead?

I dont think complacency is the problem. I think the rangers would have spent the entire night in their own zone even if they hadnt scored those two early PP goals. They have absolutely no forecheck, no puck posession in the opposing zone.

THE_New_York_Giants
04-19-2012, 03:10 PM
The last two games Ottawa seems to be in our zone more, especially 5 on 5.* They had a lot of chances last night. So did the rangers but were unable to capitalize. Rangers become complacent and sit back with the lead and it always bites them in the ***. ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK!!! Ughhh, how do you blow a 2-0 lead?

I dont think complacency is the problem. I think the rangers would have spent the entire night in their own zone even if they hadnt scored those two early PP goals. They have absolutely no forecheck, no puck posession in the opposing zone.
Their neutral zone possession IMO is the biggest problem. It is flat out dreadful.

slipknottin
04-19-2012, 03:13 PM
Their neutral zone possession IMO is the biggest problem. It is flat out dreadful.

I think strength on the puck, in all three zones, is the major issue.

bandwgn86
04-19-2012, 05:49 PM
i thought for sure my darkhorse was done with Alfredsson being out. hopefully he gets back in for Fridays game, get the win, and close out the series in Ottawa..

still have faith in SJ to win the series to much experience on that team to not win.. at least thats what i seem tosay every year they are in lol

i'd be surprised if the Caps win another game tbh

still dont care about CHI/PHX and NJ/FLA enough to make a prediction lol

Vancouver sure does play a different game when they have a goalie they seem to trust. the other sedin sister coming back just delays the inevitable, down to many and against a fantastic goalie.. feel bad for Bobby Lou he's likely done in Vancouver

Kase-1
04-19-2012, 07:00 PM
]No love for Girardi, McD, or MDZ??

I was just talking about offense. The defense has been ok for the most part. Havent been as physical as I would like (staal excluded). But they have been steady at least.

Stralman has made a huge difference on the powerplay. Pretty unexpected.

Even Gaborik was getting on my nerves tonight, back to his coasting around the ice crap. Especially defensively. But I really wanted Gaborik traded to the Kings last offseason.Gabo is damned good, but he's not one of my fav Rangers (like Cally, Prust, Girardi, Haggs, McD, and Boyle) I like my players much more physical.

The Defense is way too streaky for my liking, then again thats been our thing with the whole team this series

Gmen2005
04-20-2012, 01:42 AM
It seemed like Rupp and Boyle were the only ones who were able to control the puck. Sens almost seem too fast for the rangers. They looked exhausted late in the third.

Gmen2005
04-23-2012, 01:55 PM
Well, tonight may be it for the Rangers. Getting Hagelin back could be a huge boost, I wish Boyle was healthy. Hopefully they force a game 7

bandwgn86
04-23-2012, 08:06 PM
good luck tonight guys...

Kase-1
04-23-2012, 08:35 PM
good luck tonight guys...http://jimmyaquino.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c09fc53ef01156f1ee180970c-800wi

NYGRealityCheck
04-23-2012, 10:51 PM
rofl I don't even keep up with hockey, but they awarded a kicked-in goal to keep the game interesting. Looks like not even hockey is immune to blown replay calls.

good luck to the Rangers in Game 7...

slipknottin
04-23-2012, 11:01 PM
rofl I don't even keep up with hockey, but they awarded a kicked-in goal to keep the game interesting. Looks like not even hockey is immune to blown replay calls.

good luck to the Rangers in Game 7...

NFL kept crapping on the giants in the playoffs,

now the NHL trying to do the same to the rangers.

Bet Del Zotto gets suspended for his hit on Neal. Even though it was far less dirty than Neals hit on Boyle

Gmen2005
04-23-2012, 11:44 PM
Bringing it back to MSG!!! Hopefully they can finish this nightmare of a series off.

MikeIsaGiant
04-24-2012, 11:21 AM
YEAH BABY! GAME 7! LETS GO!

MSG will be crazy this Thursday.

I BELIEVE.

bandwgn86
04-24-2012, 02:37 PM
someone should pass King Henry a note with a PS we won!! on it

never heard of whining after a WIN before?!

Gmen2005
04-24-2012, 02:53 PM
http://i.imgur.com/2fKyD.gif

bandwgn86
04-24-2012, 02:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/2fKyD.gif they blew the Spezza interference call so they had to make it up to Ottawa

slipknottin
04-24-2012, 06:06 PM
someone should pass King Henry a note with a PS we won!! on it

never heard of whining after a WIN before?!

KING NO LIKE ALLOW GOAL

Michalek needs to be suspended for at least 2 games.

bleeding blue
04-24-2012, 06:28 PM
Regarding the Michalek incident.

He CLEARLY kicks Girardi and should be suspended the 2 games that Bobby Ryan was for almost the exact thing.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hockey/rangers/video-shows-ottawa-senators-milan-michalek-kick-ny-rangers-defenseman-dan-girardi-game-6-article-1.1066791?localLinksEnabled=false

(someone please hyperlink this)

Gmen2005
04-24-2012, 09:50 PM
<a href="http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hockey/rangers/video-shows-ottawa-senators-milan-michalek-kick-ny-rangers-defenseman-dan-girardi-game-6-article-1.1066791?localLinksEnabled=false%20">http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hockey/rangers/video-shows-ottawa-senators-milan-michalek-kick-ny-rangers-defenseman-dan-girardi-game-6-article-1.1066791?localLinksEnabled=false
</a>

slipknottin
04-24-2012, 10:37 PM
of course no suspension, lol.

Gmen2005
04-24-2012, 10:38 PM
of course no suspension, lol.
Hopefully the Rangers "suspend" the season of the Senators. HA I'm so clever [:$]

dezzzR
04-25-2012, 01:41 PM
The inconsistencies of what refs are calling and not calling is very scary and bad for hockey.

bandwgn86
04-25-2012, 02:59 PM
The inconsistencies of what refs are calling and not calling is very scary and bad for hockey.
i agree but no different than anyother leagues officials.. they are all **** across the board

NYGRealityCheck
04-25-2012, 11:32 PM
If the Rangers win Game 7, they'll face the Capitals who just knocked off the Bruins in OT.

Bruins and Patriots can now enjoy the offseason together in Boston.

aznNYG86
04-26-2012, 04:03 AM
Rangers better win this game. It would be really pathetic if #5 Philly got home ice for the rest of the eastern conference playoffs.

aznNYG86
04-26-2012, 04:03 AM
If the Rangers win Game 7, they'll face the Capitals who just knocked off the Bruins in OT.

Bruins and Patriots can now enjoy the offseason together in Boston.

Hopefully the Celtics can join them as well :)

bandwgn86
04-26-2012, 08:33 AM
Still in awe about Capitals.. It's crazy that a third string rookie goalie can shutdown Boston.

Merchant faked slashing him and he didn't even flinch, dudes a jedi.

MikeIsaGiant
04-26-2012, 10:29 AM
This game is going to be awesome. Going to watch it with a couple of buddies at a local bar.

SO PUMPED!!

**** Ottawa. Hopefully Neil will be thrown off his game tonight

slipknottin
04-26-2012, 12:21 PM
Still in awe about Capitals.. It's crazy that a third string rookie goalie can shutdown Boston.

boston doesnt really have great goal scorers, they just get contributions from everyone.

For comparison, Callahan had more goals than anyone on the Bruins this year, and I dont think any of us think of cally as a great goal scorer.

bandwgn86
04-26-2012, 02:16 PM

boston doesnt really have great goal scorers, they just get contributions from everyone.

For comparison, Callahan had more goals than anyone on the Bruins this year, and I dont think any of us think of cally as a great goal scorer.i dont think i know anyone that didnt pick Boston in a sweep or in 5.. Horton being out hurts them but Washington was playing with a rookie 3rd string goalie?!?!

bandwgn86
04-26-2012, 02:18 PM
only the NHL would schedule games on the same day the NFL has its draft.. duh!

why even try going up against that..

bandwgn86
04-26-2012, 08:10 PM
Hockey or Football Draft? that is the question..</P>

**** it imma watching the Jays get swept by the O's [:(]</P>

</P>

GmenFan1980
04-26-2012, 10:34 PM
grats to the rangers for advancing on lol

NYGRealityCheck
04-26-2012, 10:46 PM
Grats to the Rangers. Good game, good defense with all those blocked shots and saves from goalie.

Watching Game 7 Devils vs. Panthers and some dude named Mevlin Ingram dropping on the NFL draft board like everyone wants to avoid him... lol

aznNYG86
04-26-2012, 10:53 PM
Awesome! Does this mean Knicks and Rangers play their respective Game 1s on the same day (sat)?

Gmen2005
04-26-2012, 11:06 PM
I'll admit, I have a man crush on Chris Kreider. My God I knew he was going to be good but holy cow.

bandwgn86
04-26-2012, 11:12 PM
Good series win for you guys.

And a tip of the hat to Ottawa they brought it every game.

Gmen2005
04-26-2012, 11:26 PM
Good series win for you guys.

And a tip of the hat to Ottawa they brought it every game.

Karlsson is scary. That guy is going to be unstoppable in a few years.

ghwriter1976
04-26-2012, 11:31 PM
I'm hoping for Blues / Rangers in the Stanley Cup Finals. Since the Cardinals won the World Series and the Giants won the Super Bowl, this would be the "rubber match" for sports supremacy.
Also, since my wife & I moved from NYC to StL this past August, it'd make things very interesting...

Gmen2005
04-26-2012, 11:45 PM
Game 1 Saturday 3 PM EST
Capitals VS Rangers

aznNYG86
04-27-2012, 12:15 AM
Wow, serious? Knick and Rangers at SAME TIME? Who makes these damn schedules?

Gmen2005
04-27-2012, 12:19 AM

Apparently it's not confirmed yet, but a few people were saying it. We'll know tomorrow for sure.

giantyankee1976
04-27-2012, 12:21 AM
congrats to the Blueshirts !!!

MikeIsaGiant
04-27-2012, 12:23 AM
GET THE **** OUTTA HERE OTTAWA.

GO RANGERS!

WHAT DID I SAY

aznNYG86
04-27-2012, 12:27 AM

Apparently it's not confirmed yet, but a few people were saying it. We'll know tomorrow for sure.

Well the Knicks game should at least be on Sunday.

THE_New_York_Giants
04-27-2012, 12:37 AM
LONG LIVE THE KING!

Gmen2005
04-27-2012, 12:39 AM
http://youtu.be/VdJv9bi6Kcc

Amazing.

inexorably
04-27-2012, 01:46 AM
A very tough series and a well earned win by the Blueshirts.

Nice to see some secondary scoring from our defense when it was needed.

It wouldn't surprise me if this was the toughest series of the playoffs for the Rangers if they go deep and make it to the finals.

Really liked Torts attitude in the post game conference:

"Team should enjoy this win for about an hour before we get ready for round 2"

Moving on to the second round against Washington. Hopefully a few things happen:

1) Gaborik gets into a scoring groove because we need him to step up.
2) Blueshirts get some payback against the team that has eliminated them from their last two playoff appearances
3) Henrik continues to dominate. He needs to continue to be our best player.
4) Rangers pepper the **** out of this rookie goalie with shots. Need to crush Holtby's confidence in game 1 and shake him up for the rest of the series
5) Continue to play the gritty, tough, grind it out style that they have played all season and don't get complacent with a lead.. stay aggressive

So happy with the win tonight. Ottawa played way better than I thought they were capable and hopefully with such a hard fought round 1, the Rangers are ready for the grind to get to the finals.

Lets Go Rangers!!!

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 02:48 AM
I love the USA line.

Kreider gets better and better every game. Stepan seems much much more comfortable having two guys around him in Cally and Kreider who will do a lot of the board work for him, and get him in space.

NYG 5
04-27-2012, 10:14 AM
A very tough series and a well earned win by the Blueshirts.

Nice to see some secondary scoring from our defense when it was needed.

It wouldn't surprise me if this was the toughest series of the playoffs for the Rangers if they go deep and make it to the finals.

Really liked Torts attitude in the post game conference:

"Team should enjoy this win for about an hour before we get ready for round 2"

Moving on to the second round against Washington. Hopefully a few things happen:

1) Gaborik gets into a scoring groove because we need him to step up.
2) Blueshirts get some payback against the team that has eliminated them from their last two playoff appearances
3) Henrik continues to dominate. He needs to continue to be our best player.
4) Rangers pepper the **** out of this rookie goalie with shots. Need to crush Holtby's confidence in game 1 and shake him up for the rest of the series
5) Continue to play the gritty, tough, grind it out style that they have played all season and don't get complacent with a lead.. stay aggressive

So happy with the win tonight. Ottawa played way better than I thought they were capable and hopefully with such a hard fought round 1, the Rangers are ready for the grind to get to the finals.

Lets Go Rangers!!!

watching Gaborik disappear in the playoffs is like watching Jagr all over again. Richards hasn't shown up either.

need to stop being so inept on the power play too. on their last one, you would have thought ottowa had it, they were the ones assaulting for like 90 seconds.

passing game needs to be improved, too many headscratching passes that get intercepted.

but, overall, CLUTCH WIN

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 04:27 PM
Richards has 5 points in the playoffs, leads the team.

bandwgn86
04-27-2012, 06:58 PM

GO RANGERS!

WHAT DID I SAYyah yah you said it would be easy.. you were half right ;)

bandwgn86
04-27-2012, 06:59 PM
no more Canucklehead teams in playoffs.. no need to watch anymore :(

lucky i got my Jays to further depress me.

THE_New_York_Giants
04-28-2012, 06:43 PM
Chris Kreider... Holy **** this kid is going to be a monster.
Fedotenko's best game in 3 years.

inexorably
04-28-2012, 07:44 PM
Great win considering the quick turn around from the Game 7 on Thurs.

Kreider ... just wow... keep it up kid. All the praise he received and he is as good, even better, as advertised.

Anyone know why Dubinsky was out for this game? Haven't seen anything mentioned about it but I thought Eminger played well stepping in as a 7th defensemen and 4th line forward.

Lets Go Rangers!!!

MikeIsaGiant
04-30-2012, 11:39 AM

GO RANGERS!

WHAT DID I SAYyah yah you said it would be easy.. you were half right ;)

You are right; I did say it would be easy.

Unfortunately that wasn't the case. Ottawa was probably the toughest team to play against in the 1st round. I did not want to play them and I thought the Rangers would beat em easily.

That being said, thank god they are out. Washington seems like the better matchup.

:)

Gmen2005
05-01-2012, 12:30 PM
bad game. No other words

Bumm
05-01-2012, 10:50 PM
Yep. Always slacking off in game 2 it seems. Damn.

MikeIsaGiant
05-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Game 3 tonight. I think Birthday Brad will be the headlines tomorrow

Gmen2005
05-02-2012, 01:55 PM
Both game 2s had flukey goals. Let's hope this team stops giving up flukey goals.

Gmen2005
05-03-2012, 12:44 AM
Well this is exhausting.

THE_New_York_Giants
05-03-2012, 12:48 AM
Well this is exhausting.

they are trying to kill me.

THE_New_York_Giants
05-03-2012, 12:55 AM
Well this is exhausting.

THE RANGERS REFUSE TO SHOOT THE ****ING PUCK. SHOOT IT GOD DAMN IT. SHOOT THE MOTHER ****ING PUCK!

THE_New_York_Giants
05-03-2012, 01:16 AM
MARIAN MOTHER ****ING GABOOOOOOOOOOOOORIK!!!!!!!

dezzzR
05-03-2012, 12:30 PM
What a game, what a game......

NYGRealityCheck
05-03-2012, 05:38 PM
Stayed up late as well to watch that game. It was a great game from both teams and the Rangers played conservative with solid defense, but did more attacking in the 3rd OT and came out on top. We know football players get jacked up, but hockey players get jacked up as hard sometimes too.

Gmen2005
05-03-2012, 07:35 PM
I felt bad for Bickel....the Photoshop has already begun

http://s14.postimage.org/aidy1c99t/bickel_juryduty.jpg

Bumm
05-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Well this is exhausting.

THE RANGERS REFUSE TO SHOOT THE ****ING PUCK. SHOOT IT GOD DAMN IT. SHOOT THE MOTHER ****ING PUCK!

Just thankful they have the best goalie in hockey.

NYGRealityCheck
05-04-2012, 06:37 PM
just asking.. why isn't there a NJ Devils thread? They're in it too. We might be looking at a Devils vs. Rangers Eastern Conference Final... and watch out for the LA Kings... holy cow...they sure aren't playing like an 8th seeded team..

NYGRealityCheck
05-05-2012, 06:29 PM
Series tied 2-2. Rangers came out flat for the first period and gave up a goal. After some motivation/yelling, they got their act together to tie the game at 2-2, only to fall to a power play goal late in the third period. Looks like this may go to another Game 7....

NYGRealityCheck
05-07-2012, 08:34 PM
Game 5... any love for the Rangers out there?

bleeding blue
05-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Game 5... any love for the Rangers out there?
hell yeah! I'm more nervous for the Rangers right now than I was for the Giants.

Every shot is do or die, my stomach can't take it! LETS GO RANGERS!!!

NYGRealityCheck
05-07-2012, 11:01 PM
OMG RANGERS TIE THE GAME!!! last ditch effort charge at the net and they got it.

Bumm
05-07-2012, 11:06 PM
Yes!!

NYGRealityCheck
05-07-2012, 11:24 PM
RANGERS WIN!!!! in OT 3-2!!! Off the second power play continuation! HAHA!!! Stall with the gw goal!

That's what the Captials get for Ward's cheap shot near the end of the game being up 2-1. KARMA-ed!

aznNYG86
05-07-2012, 11:25 PM
Amazing comeback!

Gmen2005
05-07-2012, 11:36 PM
holy..****..That was insane.

THE_New_York_Giants
05-07-2012, 11:41 PM
I am crying because of that win.

Gmen2005
05-07-2012, 11:45 PM
Still gotta win 1 more!

THE_New_York_Giants
05-08-2012, 12:24 AM
Still gotta win 1 more!

you shoulda seen me in 94. I was bawling my eyes out like a little school girl.

THE_New_York_Giants
05-08-2012, 01:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLIujeHwg64
mother ****ing goosebumps every time.

THE_New_York_Giants
05-08-2012, 01:40 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MryQ4rdiY9c&feature=related

Richie's game tying goal with 6 secs left.

inexorably
05-08-2012, 02:00 AM
Just crazy... I can't put into words how awesome that win was....</P>

Tying the game up with 6.6 secs and then winning it on the second half of the double minor in OT.</P>

Was ready to turn the game off and go out for a walk because I was pissed... </P>

I really hope Wed. isn't a let down game and they can put the craps out and move on to the Eastern Conference Finals. </P>

Great win. Second OT win in this series. Just one more and then its time to move on.</P>

Lets Go Rangers!!!</P>

aznNYG86
05-08-2012, 04:25 AM
Glad to see PHX make it to the WCF. I'd like to see a Rangers-Coyotes SCF. That would be pretty interesting. Also, we don't need another friggin team in Canada already. Hope the Coyotes stay in Phoenix for a while.

NYG 5
05-08-2012, 09:16 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MryQ4rdiY9c&amp;feature=related

Richie's game tying goal with 6 secs left.

that was.... loud. wish giants stadium was still like that

Redeyejedi
05-08-2012, 09:46 AM
Im a Devil fan but watched the end of the game last night. Amazing how the series just completly turned on that 1 foolish penalty. The Rangers seem to have a mojo going for them. Hope the Devils and Rangers play in the Eastern Finals will be a great series</P>

MikeIsaGiant
05-08-2012, 11:15 AM
CRAZY GAME!!

dezzzR
05-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Anyone else notice Justin Tuck jumping up and down after the winning goal?

inexorably
05-08-2012, 01:30 PM
</P>

</P>

Yes... He's been at a few of the playoff games rocking the Lundqvist jersey. Love seeing that. Fellow NY athletes supporting the other franchises. He was sitting right behind the Rangers bench. </P>

Nice to see an LA vs Phoenix Western Conference Final. I live inLos Angeles so I'll be pulling for a Rangers/Kings Finals... because then I may be able to go to one of the games... but if the coyotes make it... that'd be fine too. Both teams have stellar goalies. </P>

Gmen2005
05-08-2012, 04:36 PM
our own Justin Tuck sporting a Lundqvist jersey going crazy after the game

http://s15.postimage.org/gwqbg5xxl/image.gif

NYGRealityCheck
05-08-2012, 06:18 PM
</P>

*</P>

Yes... He's been at a few of the playoff games rocking the Lundqvist jersey.* Love seeing that.* Fellow NY athletes supporting the other franchises.* He was sitting right behind the Rangers bench.* </P>

Nice to see an LA vs Phoenix Western Conference Final.* I live in*Los Angeles so I'll be pulling for a Rangers/Kings Finals... because then I may be able to go to one of the games... but if the coyotes make it... that'd be fine too.* Both teams have stellar goalies.* </P>

The No. 8th seeded Kings are scary. They trampled the No. 1 and No. 2 West teams like nothing. Now they'll face the No. 3 team in the West. I hope the Coyotes can put up a fight.

On the other side of the country, Rangers vs. Devils Eastern Final would be great.

bandwgn86
05-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Glad to see PHX make it to the WCF. I'd like to see a Rangers-Coyotes SCF. That would be pretty interesting. Also, we don't need another friggin team in Canada already. Hope the Coyotes stay in Phoenix for a while.
haha cuz we have soooooo many teams up here already?!?! gimmie a break guy

i want to see the Yotes win the SC.. it would be fun to see the little ice Nazi hand the Stanley Cup over to himself.

THE_New_York_Giants
05-08-2012, 11:55 PM
The Devils move on past Filthy.

NYGRealityCheck
05-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Are the Rangers planning to bring it back to the Garden for Game 7? They're just getting outplayed tonight.

DVision
05-09-2012, 11:13 PM
LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!enjoy it, you wont get past second round [:)]</P>

also, what happening with your team finacially? being hearing lots of rumors the franchise is not to stable.. yah know, my city has a nice arena that would like to*be home to*a NHL team..</P>

That's what you get for underestimating the Devils! The Rangers will be lucky if they make it to the finals[:)]

giantyankee1976
05-09-2012, 11:20 PM
bad night for NY sports, unless you're a Mets fan...

NYGRealityCheck
05-09-2012, 11:36 PM
bad night for NY sports, unless you're a Mets fan...

Tomorrow's another day.

Rangers still have a Game 7 at home.
Knicks getting bounced was expected.
Yankees, Mets- Baseball is a 162 game season. Any sports writer out there saying how doomed any baseball team is, early in May/April, is full of crap.
Ermm... the Red Bulls are a winning team. I doubt if there's a lot of people watching them including myself.

giantyankee1976
05-09-2012, 11:46 PM
LOL

good outlook.

(I just kind of hoped the Knicks would do a little more though [:(])

bleeding blue
05-09-2012, 11:52 PM
Let me put this in terms for those here who aren't die-hard Ranger fans...

Tortorella's line combinations tonight were like sitting Nicks and Cruz and inserting Jernigan and Barden.

We were outcoached tonight. Pathetic

bandwgn86
05-10-2012, 08:24 AM
LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!enjoy it, you wont get past second round [:)]</P>

also, what happening with your team finacially? being hearing lots of rumors the franchise is not to stable.. yah know, my city has a nice arena that would like to*be home to*a NHL team..</P>

That's what you get for underestimating the Devils! The Rangers will be lucky if they make it to the finals[:)]haha good thing I didn't put any cash down this year on my predictions.. They were horrible picks.

Gmen2005
05-10-2012, 04:23 PM
Awful game. Sad part was, right when Ovechkin scored that first goal I felt as if it were over. They just can't score. I'm just not confident right now.

bklyn1028
05-11-2012, 12:57 PM
Awful game. Sad part was, right when Ovechkin scored that first goal I felt as if it were over. They just can't score. I'm just not confident right now.

The caps showed up, the Rangers didn't, plain and simple. I'm looking at it like this:

An off night, Sat will tell the tale in the Garden. Hopefully they'll bring it to the ice on 7th ave. and lock it away for a "tunnel" series.

Gmen2005
05-11-2012, 04:12 PM

The caps showed up, the Rangers didn't, plain and simple. I'm looking at it like this:

An off night, Sat will tell the tale in the Garden. Hopefully they'll bring it to the ice on 7th ave. and lock it away for a "tunnel" series.
It'd be nice to have home ice advantage throughout the eastern conference finals if you know what I mean. [:P]

bklyn1028
05-12-2012, 02:31 PM

It'd be nice to have home ice advantage throughout the eastern conference finals if you know what I mean. [:P]

I most certainly do. Wish I could fly up there and watch the game tonite. Would love to see the Rangers/Devils series. If the Rangers pull it off tonite, that would boost their confidence level higher. Should give them the momentum to take out the Devils, although that will be ONE HELLUVA SERIES, above and beyond the Caps.

nycsportzfan
05-12-2012, 04:47 PM
Rangers VS Devils would be freaking awesome East Finals... I sure hope the rangers can make it happen.. I'd love to see a Devils VS Kings finals... East Coast VS West coast... </P>

</P>

i'm gonna say Brad Richards is the hero for Rangers tonight...</P>

Gmen2005
05-12-2012, 06:23 PM
just win boys!

NYGRealityCheck
05-12-2012, 09:22 PM
Rangers up 1-0 so far Game 7. They came to play today!

ShakeNBake
05-12-2012, 10:10 PM
Wow I don't know how the Caps didn't score in that stretch in the 2nd period with about 9min left. The Caps had it in the attacking zone for so long it was like a power play! We got through it but I was getting worried there for a moment.

NYGRealityCheck
05-12-2012, 11:10 PM
RANGERS WIN! 2-1. Credit the Rangers' goalie Lundqvist for making spetacular saves in that game. I think Rangers also got robbed of a short-handed goal from Boyle that could have made it 3-1.

Capitals proved to be a very tough opponent and it was an epic series with those OT games.

Devils vs. Rangers Eastern Conference Finals! Here we go!

GmenFan1980
05-12-2012, 11:28 PM
congrats again to the rangers for advancing...you guys are one odd #1 seeded team lol

Die-Hard
05-12-2012, 11:32 PM
Great game to watch!

Congrats Rangers!

slipknottin
05-13-2012, 12:02 AM
that series took probably 5 years off my life.

Game 3 with the triple OT, game 5 with the goal with 6.6 seconds(or whatever they changed it to) left then again right in OT.

Then this game.

What a series

THE_New_York_Giants
05-13-2012, 01:13 AM
AND KING HERIK THE TENDER RAISED THINE ROYAL SCEPTER AND LET FORTH A MIGHTY ROAR AND DECLARED "NONE SHALL DRINK FROM THE HOLY GRAIL, THOU SACRED CHALICE, BUT ME AND MINE COURT!" AND THE KING'S COURT ALL LET FORTH AN EQUALLY MIGHTY ROAR AND BELLOWED FROM THE PITS OF THINE CHESTS "LONG LIVE THE KING!". THE KING THEN ANNOUNCED TO HIS COURT "MANY BLESSINGS TO HE WHOM DRAWS THE BLOOD OF THINE SEWER DWELLERS FROM THE JERSEY OF NEW AND MAY WE SEND THOU DEMONS BACK TO THE HELLISH WASTELAND FROM WHICH THEY COMETH."

Gmen2005
05-13-2012, 03:19 AM
*edit*

too much beer haha

inexorably
05-13-2012, 03:35 AM
I'm so ****ing happy right now... and kind of drunk with joy.

Was at a bar watchin the game tonight and couldn't stop giving a countdown in the 3rd period every 30 seconds. When the final buzzer sounded I bought the bar a round of shots... and cheered like some crazy fool on LSD...

On to the ECF against the hated debbies...

**** fatso and New Jersey... time to bring the Cup back to broadway...

Lets Go Rangers!!!

LOVIN LIFE RIGHT NOW!!!
FEELIN LIKE WHEN THE GIANTS BEAT GREEN BAY IN THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR!!!

nycsportzfan
05-13-2012, 07:44 AM
Rangers VS Devils would be freaking awesome East Finals... I sure hope the rangers can make it happen.. I'd love to see a Devils VS Kings finals... East Coast VS West coast... </P>

</P>

i'm gonna say Brad Richards is the hero for Rangers tonight...</P> Brad Richards may not of been the hero, but he definetly got the rangers confidence up with that early goal in Period 1... Richards is nasty... Now, its gonna be NJ VS NY.. Its the only sport where i'm a NJ guy over NY... Been a Devils fan since 1994 or so... So, i'm going for the Devs, my friends.. I would love to see Brouder get another ring to end his brilliant HOF career...

dezzzR
05-14-2012, 11:34 AM
Tonight will be VIOLENT!![:D]

MikeIsaGiant
05-14-2012, 12:26 PM
Here we go! Devils are going to go down!!

bleeding blue
05-14-2012, 01:59 PM
LGR!! **** the Devils!!

nycsportzfan
05-14-2012, 02:45 PM
Here we go! Devils are going to go down!! Good luck scoring against my boy, Marty! Hes going out on top!!! U here me, on top!!!!! All hail!!!

buffyblue
05-14-2012, 02:48 PM
We Want The Cup!

Blue or Die.

DVision
05-14-2012, 03:14 PM
LET'S GO DEVIL'S!!!

Gmen2005
05-14-2012, 07:17 PM
http://th131.photobucket.com/albums/p316/sjonathan02/th_AndHereWeGo.gif

NYGRealityCheck
05-14-2012, 10:53 PM
Both goalies earning their paychecks tonight, 0-0 after 2 periods.

Rangers took control of the 3rd period and won the game 3-0 to take a 1-0 lead in the series.

After talking about Giraldi havng a rough night during the commentary after 2 periods, he scores the first Rangers goal early in the 3rd.

Kreider scores the 2nd goal on a break away.

Third goal was an empty netter as the Devils had to go desperate late in the game.

Gmen2005
05-15-2012, 12:55 AM
Awesome game. They cannot let up game 2, need to win again.

bandwgn86
05-15-2012, 06:43 AM
Nice win last night. Thank god for King Henry.

Kase-1
05-15-2012, 06:26 PM
What a netminder battle last night!!!

Having played Defense for most of my puck 'career' I LOVE seeing a fellow pointman like Danny G scoring on a long shot

And damn that kid Kreider is all over the place, what a sweet screen he laid on Maaaarrrttttyyy for that goal

Gmen2005
05-16-2012, 02:48 PM
Game two tonight. It'd be really nice if the Rangers could head back to New Jersey up 2-0. I'm sick of losing game twos.

bandwgn86
05-16-2012, 03:56 PM
so im thinking you Ranger fans (assuming you win)are hoping the Yotes somehow pull off the series win over LA?

the Kings are a scary team

slipknottin
05-16-2012, 05:04 PM
so im thinking you Ranger fans (assuming you win)are hoping the Yotes somehow pull off the series win over LA?

Nope. If you want to be the best you have to beat the best.

Gmen2005
05-16-2012, 05:04 PM

I'd rather face the Coyotes for sure. I wanted to see the blues go up against the kings though, thought it would have been a better matchup. Mike Smith is also pretty dumb.

NYGRealityCheck
05-16-2012, 05:52 PM

Nope. If you want to be the best you have to beat the best.

the best as in a No. 8th seeded team that's as hot as the Playoff 2011 Giants... Most dominant No. 8th seeded team in the history of the NHL we'll ever see for a while.

It's almost destined for both teams to cross paths in the Stanley Cup.

Kings (No.8th seed) would have had to go through ok who am i kidding crush the No. 1,2,3 seeded West teams, while the Rangers (No. 1 seed) would have had to go through the No. 8,7,6 seeded East teams.

bandwgn86
05-16-2012, 06:58 PM
so im thinking you Ranger fans (assuming you win)are hoping the Yotes somehow pull off the series win over LA? the Kings are a scary team Nope. If you want to be the best you have to beat the best.[Y]

bandwgn86
05-16-2012, 07:01 PM
so im thinking you Ranger fans (assuming you win)are hoping the Yotes somehow pull off the series win over LA? the Kings are a scary team

I'd rather face the Coyotes for sure. I wanted to see the blues go up against the kings though, thought it would have been a better matchup. Mike Smith is also pretty dumb.
i was suprised to see STL make it past first round tbh..they are a young team.. maybe it was more wanting to see SJ finally win one

slipknottin
05-16-2012, 08:37 PM
Kings (No.8th seed) would have had to go through ok who am i kidding crush the No. 1,2,3 seeded West teams, while the Rangers (No. 1 seed) would have had to go through the No. 8,7,6 seeded East teams.

Yea, if its kings vs. rangers final its either the easiest post season schedule ever or the most difficult ever (in terms of seeding)

NYGRealityCheck
05-16-2012, 10:31 PM
How many adults does it take to fix a penalty box dooor? lol Game was stalled because of it.

Rangers go up on the Devils 2-1 right after on the PP goal from Stralman with Kreider screening Brodeur.

Series tied 1-1 as Devils win 3-2.

logan9839
05-16-2012, 11:57 PM
Let's go Devils!

Gmen2005
05-17-2012, 12:33 AM
Lame. Oh well just need to win at least one at the rock.

RagTime Blue
05-17-2012, 03:07 AM
I'm not sure how I feel about Tortorella's post-game interviews.

In a way it's cool that he's not putting his players on blast to the media. Also, he doesn't want to give up any strategy. You can't call him dishonest.

But at the same time, the fans ultimately pay your salary, and you can't totally dismiss the media like that.

nycsportzfan
05-17-2012, 08:27 AM
My Dev's came through with big game 2 win on the road! This series is gonna be insane, the whole way through! Marty was on his game last night.... ALso, i love me some ilya kovlchuk!

Redeyejedi
05-17-2012, 10:27 AM
My Dev's came through with big game 2 win on the road!** This series is gonna be insane, the whole way through!** Marty was on his game last night....* ALso, i love me some ilya kovlchuk!Earning his cash 2 bad they wont be able to keep Parise because of his contract. He was the best player on the ice last night. Devils finally got the puck on net. Would love to see them take out some teeth when the Rangers drop to the ice. Dennis Potvin said the best way to stop shot blockers is aim for the face

Redeyejedi
05-17-2012, 10:45 AM
I'm not sure how I feel about Tortorella's post-game interviews.*

In a way it's cool that he's not putting his players on blast to the media.* Also, he doesn't want to give up any strategy.* You can't call him dishonest.

But at the same time, the fans ultimately pay your salary, and you can't totally dismiss the media like that.
Heres the strategy 5 skaters lock arms and stand in front of the net

gumby742
05-17-2012, 11:05 AM
Been a devil's fan forever - going back when Gretzky called them a Mickey Mouse hockey club. Let's go Devs! I'm very happy that we're finally selling out our games though.

dezzzR
05-17-2012, 11:29 AM
The Rangers, just like the Giants, have to do everything the hard way....

DVision
05-17-2012, 12:40 PM
The Rangers, just like the Giants, have to do everything the hard way....

The Devils have looked like the better team 5 out of 6 periods thus far! The Giants played their best throughout the playoffs. If the last 2 series and these 3 games so far are an indication of the best the Rangers have than they're gonna lose! GO DEVILS!

NYGRealityCheck
05-17-2012, 06:44 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about Tortorella's post-game interviews.*

In a way it's cool that he's not putting his players on blast to the media.* Also, he doesn't want to give up any strategy.* You can't call him dishonest.

Maybe he doesn't like the media and for good reasons. Obviously not much good is going to be said about a loss and the media is waiting to jump on the blaming and whatnot if he gives it to them.

That's what I liked about Coughlin. He doesn't fire back at the media for all those harsh "Fire Coughlin Now!" bull crap over a couple of losses. Just win the Superbowl, shut all those people up, and then regale on a fantastic season and the awesome players.

MikeIsaGiant
05-18-2012, 11:03 AM
Rangers will bounce back, im sure of it.

Honestly, the devils haven't really looked good at all.

The Rangers are just playing sloppy.

If the Rangers and Devils both play 100%, Rangers will win 90% of time, guaranteed

Gmen2005
05-18-2012, 02:26 PM

If the Rangers and Devils both play 100%, Rangers will win 90% of time, guaranteed
I just want to see some crisp passes, and the ability to clear the zone. Far too often goals come from the defense not being able to clear.

Redeyejedi
05-18-2012, 02:31 PM

If the Rangers and Devils both play 100%, Rangers will win 90% of time, guaranteedBecause of Lundquist but thats it. Devils have more skilled offensive players

nycsportzfan
05-18-2012, 11:07 PM
Rangers will bounce back, im sure of it. Honestly, the devils haven't really looked good at all. The Rangers are just playing sloppy. If the Rangers and Devils both play 100%, Rangers will win 90% of time, guaranteedBecause of Lundquist but thats it. Devils have more skilled offensive players Ilya and Parise are awesome...

Redeyejedi
05-19-2012, 04:10 PM
Pretty much exactly the same as Game 1 except the Devils dominated the first instead of the Second. The Devils had chances didnt score Lundquist was unbelievable and the Rangers cashed in twice in the 3rd.If u dont get to Lundquist early u wont get to him

Redeyejedi
05-19-2012, 04:12 PM
The biggest difference in this series is the far superior goal tending of the Rangers its the biggest advantage . Rangers werent even blocking shots Lundquist has been super Human. How many golden chances did Kovlachuck have.
Im a Devil fan but I dont think I ever saw Broduer play as well as Lundquist

Gmen2005
05-19-2012, 06:05 PM
Amazing game by Henrik. If they win the series, it will be because of him.

Roswell777
05-19-2012, 06:27 PM
To me, game 3 was a game 1 remix. Same first two goal scorers. Empty net third goal. Lundquist the difference.

Redeyejedi
05-19-2012, 07:02 PM
Amazing game by Henrik. If they win the series, it will be because of him.
He is Unreal. 1 of the best goalies Ive ever seen

Roswell777
05-20-2012, 08:19 AM
The Rangers have to show that they can handle prosperity as well as they handle adversity.

As crazy as that sounds.

Redeyejedi
05-20-2012, 10:03 AM
The Rangers have to show that they can handle prosperity as well as they handle adversity.

As crazy as that sounds.They dont need to handle anything if Lundquist plays like that. No 1 can beat them when he is playing at that level. The only place he seems a little vulnerable is high on the Glove side. Ive seen him have trouble tracking the puck when its shot there. U cant beat him low. If the Devils dont get 1 early the games over. He starts getting in a zone and its game. That being said Illya Kovlachuck had numerous chances to score goals and failed. If he is going to make dough like he does he has to be able to beat a goalie like him

Gmen2005
05-20-2012, 11:57 PM
Game 4 tomorrow @ the rock. 8 pm EST.

NYGRealityCheck
05-21-2012, 09:22 PM
Game 4 HERE WE GO!!!!

THE_New_York_Giants
05-22-2012, 01:24 AM
Best part of the night was Mike Rupp waking up the Rangers single handedly. That's what the Rangers were missing. A penalty called on a perfectly clean hit in which he destroyed Carter, knocks another guy down because why the **** not he's Mike mother ****ing Rupp? Then pushes Brodeur down and then a Rupp slam on Bernier. Hopefully the Rangers come out for blood. Sit Eminger's useless *** and have John Scott out and start a mother ****ing war.

DVision
05-22-2012, 01:27 PM
Best part of the night was Mike Rupp waking up the Rangers single handedly. That's what the Rangers were missing. A penalty called on a perfectly clean hit in which he destroyed Carter, knocks another guy down because why the **** not he's Mike mother ****ing Rupp? Then pushes Brodeur down and then a Rupp slam on Bernier. Hopefully the Rangers come out for blood. Sit Eminger's useless *** and have John Scott out and start a mother ****ing war.

The best part of the game was your goon throwing a cheap shot at Brodeur down 3-0? That's sad! And it says something about how badly the Rangers got outplayed! Marty has more points in the series than that bum! As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure he has more points in the playoffs than Rupp! Go Devils!!

MikeIsaGiant
05-22-2012, 01:50 PM
Rangers can't get anything done in game 4s it seems.

Bring it to MSG and hope for a win

bleeding blue
05-22-2012, 03:39 PM
The Rupp shove and slam on Brodeur/Bernier was hilarious. The only moment of the game where Ranger fans weren't yelling at the TV.

Also, I found it hilarious that as the "Marty's better" chants were going on he lets in a soft wrist shot from beyond the circles to Fedotenko. LOL

Gmen2005
05-22-2012, 05:14 PM
What a frustrating game. It's a shame Hagelin hit the post, could have changed the game entirely. this team better come out flying tomorrow, they can't afford to give up the first goal. Haven't won a game in the playoffs when the other team scores first.

NYGRealityCheck
05-23-2012, 07:17 PM
The LA Kings are now officially waiting for the winner of Rangers-Devils series after disposing of the Phoenix Coyotes.

nycsportzfan
05-23-2012, 08:35 PM
The Rupp shove and slam on Brodeur/Bernier was hilarious. The only moment of the game where Ranger fans weren't yelling at the TV. Also, I found it hilarious that as the "Marty's better" chants were going on he lets in a soft wrist shot from beyond the circles to Fedotenko. LOL marty's a first ballot HOF whos also a world champ...

Kase-1
05-23-2012, 09:09 PM
That Brandon Prust beard is epic!!!!

Redeyejedi
05-23-2012, 09:17 PM
U know whats epic its 2-0

ShakeNBake
05-23-2012, 09:27 PM
Lol I turn on the game and its already 2-0 with 15min left in the first

DVision
05-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Make that 3-0! Lol

Redeyejedi
05-23-2012, 09:33 PM
Can the Rangers score 3 goals? I mean with empty netters they can but have they scored 3 goals in the playoffs without them

Redeyejedi
05-23-2012, 09:38 PM
I think Brodeur should of stopped that

Redeyejedi
05-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Devils are going to lose this game. Brodeur sucks so bad

Redeyejedi
05-23-2012, 10:21 PM
The Rangers have dominated this game the last 15 minutes. Its only a matter of time. Henrik gave up 1 bad goal the other 2 were deflections. Rangers have played very well its just Henrik wasnt super human like usual

Redeyejedi
05-23-2012, 11:09 PM
Marty soft Goal Brodeur

ShakeNBake
05-23-2012, 11:09 PM
Make that 3-0! Lol

tied up!

Redeyejedi
05-23-2012, 11:12 PM
Make that 3-0! Lol

tied up!
This is the best game the Rangers have played. Henrik wasnt super human at the start but since then its been all Rangers. 35 minutes straight of total domination.

bandwgn86
05-23-2012, 11:13 PM
Devils are going to lose this game. Brodeur sucks so badthats not fair. Marty is top 3 goaltender of all time..and is the only reason NJ is this far.

bandwgn86
05-23-2012, 11:17 PM
Lol. Richards can't even score on the King

Redeyejedi
05-23-2012, 11:19 PM
Devils are going to lose this game. Brodeur sucks so badthats not fair. Marty is top 3 goaltender of all time..and is the only reason NJ is this far.He has been awful tonight. He lets in soft goals all the time.At this point of his career he is average

bandwgn86
05-23-2012, 11:21 PM
Devils are going to lose this game. Brodeur sucks so badthats not fair. Marty is top 3 goaltender of all time..and is the only reason NJ is this far.He has been awful tonight. He lets in soft goals all the time.At this point of his career he is averagethink he retires after the playoffs?

Redeyejedi
05-23-2012, 11:22 PM
Lol. Richards can't even score on the KingBest shot the Devils have had in 40 minutes

bandwgn86
05-23-2012, 11:31 PM
Wrut wrow

Nice goal.

Redeyejedi
05-23-2012, 11:37 PM
Wrut wrow

Nice goal. Yes the Devils Survive

Redeyejedi
05-23-2012, 11:45 PM
Devils are going to lose this game. Brodeur sucks so badthats not fair. Marty is top 3 goaltender of all time..and is the only reason NJ is this far.He has been awful tonight. He lets in soft goals all the time.At this point of his career he is averagethink he retires after the playoffs?If they win the Cup he will I bet. Devils could use that cap room to keep Parise

Gmen2005
05-24-2012, 12:37 AM
Bad goaltending from both goalies tonight. I'd say there is a 75% chance this is done on friday [:(]

bLuereverie
05-24-2012, 08:03 AM
Don't know if this is allowed here, but could someone pm me a link to stream these games?

I've been overseas here, scraping what I can from firstrowsports, but this new place has it blocked.

Redeyejedi
05-24-2012, 08:07 AM
Rangers played their best game of the series and lost. They dominated the game for 45 of the 60 minutes

DVision
05-24-2012, 12:34 PM
Rangers played their best game of the series and lost. They dominated the game for 45 of the 60 minutes

MikeIsaGiant
05-24-2012, 01:24 PM
Bad goaltending from both goalies tonight. I'd say there is a 75% chance this is done on friday [:(]

Your negativity bothers me.

Why is it 75%?

So many Ranger fans go to the Rock and we proved time and time again we can win there.

It was best out of 3 before last night and they won 1 of them.

It's so probable to win 2 straight games.

Don't give up hope

Gmen2005
05-24-2012, 01:27 PM

Your negativity bothers me.

Why is it 75%?

So many Ranger fans go to the Rock and we proved time and time again we can win there.

It was best out of 3 before last night and they won 1 of them.

It's so probable to win 2 straight games.

Don't give up hope

Yeah when I posted this I was pretty down, but I'm feeling more confident today. They never make it easy. So similar to the Giants haha

NYGRealityCheck
05-24-2012, 07:22 PM
The Rangers can play like a No. 1-ranked team that can come back to tie a game 3-3 from being down 0-3, but they can also play like a team that goes down 0-2 early in a game.

They need to have more consistency in their dominant play if they want to beat the Devils and to have any chance against the Kings.

MikeIsaGiant
05-25-2012, 10:27 AM
Henrik was god awful the last game. One goal was a dumb lucky one by the devils

Gmen2005
05-25-2012, 02:48 PM
Last time they were faced with elimination they stepped up. I expect nothing less than this again tonight. Amazing how a few days can completely change my feelings. I went from almost positive this series was over to feeling pretty confident right now.

Gmen2005
05-25-2012, 08:56 PM
here we go!

TheBookOfEli
05-25-2012, 10:12 PM
Freakin' Rangers man. I wanted to see another parade at the canyon of heroes :-(

And i thought James Dolan was only a curse to the Knicks.

Redeyejedi
05-25-2012, 10:42 PM
Freakin' Rangers man. I wanted to see another parade at the canyon of heroes :-(

And i thought James Dolan was only a curse to the Knicks.This series U cant take anything away from just 1 period should of learned that by now. The Momentum swings have been crazy.

Gmen2005
05-25-2012, 10:56 PM
Win the third.

bandwgn86
05-25-2012, 10:58 PM
3rd period... Good luck Rangers

bandwgn86
05-25-2012, 11:25 PM
NY may have a King but NJ has a G.O.A.T.

Redeyejedi
05-25-2012, 11:33 PM
NY may have a King but NJ has a G.O.A.T.He has been great with his stick tonight, Rangers start these periods hard. I think if they are going to win they will score real quick.

bandwgn86
05-25-2012, 11:47 PM
Omg wow

bandwgn86
05-25-2012, 11:49 PM
SC finals congrats devils fans..LA is gonna roll yah. ;)