PDA

View Full Version : New York Rangers 2011-2012

Pages : 1 2 [3]

bandwgn86
05-25-2012, 11:50 PM
Rangers should of pulled the trigger on Nash..

Gmen2005
05-25-2012, 11:54 PM
That hurt so much.

Redeyejedi
05-25-2012, 11:55 PM
SC finals congrats devils fans..LA is gonna roll yah. ;)We will see beating the Rangers is very sweet though. Disrespect of their fans toward the Devils franchise when they have been far superior over the last 20 years is a joke
Hey Rangers an idea get a real Forward. Gaborik isnt very good.

DVision
05-26-2012, 12:03 AM
I guess this thread might as well be closed [:)]..... Go Devils!!

bandwgn86
05-26-2012, 12:03 AM
SC finals congrats devils fans..LA is gonna roll yah. ;)We will see beating the Rangers is very sweet though. Disrespect of their fans toward the Devils franchise when they have been far superior over the last 20 years is a jokegood luck in the finals. TBH I never thought NJ would made it past the first round..

Gmen2005
05-26-2012, 12:10 AM
The Rangers did a lot better than I thought they would this season. Next year we'll get Sauer back and hopefully Kreider can keep up his offense. I love the future of this team, and I hope they can win a cup for Henrik because he deserves one more than anyone in the league right now. Overall I still love this team and will support them no matter what, and hats off to the Devils.

As of now though, I will root for the kings, and cannot wait until next year!

We'll be back. I promise.

Redeyejedi
05-26-2012, 12:10 AM
SC finals congrats devils fans..LA is gonna roll yah. ;)We will see beating the Rangers is very sweet though. Disrespect of their fans toward the Devils franchise when they have been far superior over the last 20 years is a jokegood luck in the finals. TBH I never thought NJ would made it past the first round..The Devils finished 7 points behind the Rangers, 2 behind the Flyers this year.This belief that the Devils were over matched is ridiculous

Sarcasman
05-26-2012, 12:16 AM
SC finals congrats devils fans..LA is gonna roll yah. ;)We will see beating the Rangers is very sweet though. Disrespect of their fans toward the Devils franchise when they have been far superior over the last 20 years is a joke
Hey Rangers an idea get a real Forward. Gaborik isnt very good.

Maybe they'll sign Bernier. Broadway could always use another good actress.

Sarcasman
05-26-2012, 12:18 AM
SC finals congrats devils fans..LA is gonna roll yah. ;)We will see beating the Rangers is very sweet though. Disrespect of their fans toward the Devils franchise when they have been far superior over the last 20 years is a jokegood luck in the finals. TBH I never thought NJ would made it past the first round..

Why not? They had a good season and they played it much smarter than the Rangers did. That moron Tortorella burned his team out trying to win a meaningless regular season, which cost him in the playoffs.

bandwgn86
05-26-2012, 12:19 AM
SC finals congrats devils fans..LA is gonna roll yah. ;)We will see beating the Rangers is very sweet though. Disrespect of their fans toward the Devils franchise when they have been far superior over the last 20 years is a jokegood luck in the finals. TBH I never thought NJ would made it past the first round..The Devils finished 7 points behind the Rangers, 2 behind the Flyers this year.This belief that the Devils were over matched is ridiculousnot worth discussing at this point. Besides i don't want to take anything away from Devils or their fans. Bring home the hardware Marty.

Sarcasman
05-26-2012, 12:21 AM
Rangers played their best game of the series and lost. They dominated the game for 45 of the 60 minutes

I don't know what game you were watching. If those kinds of mental errors and sloppy defense go down as their best game of the series than they should have been swept.

Sarcasman
05-26-2012, 12:25 AM
SC finals congrats devils fans..LA is gonna roll yah. ;)We will see beating the Rangers is very sweet though. Disrespect of their fans toward the Devils franchise when they have been far superior over the last 20 years is a jokegood luck in the finals. TBH I never thought NJ would made it past the first round..The Devils finished 7 points behind the Rangers, 2 behind the Flyers this year.This belief that the Devils were over matched is ridiculousnot worth discussing at this point. Besides i don't want to take anything away from Devils or their fans. Bring home the hardware Marty.

I agree with Jedi here. The regular season in hockey is meaningless since almost everybody gets into the playoffs. It's foolish to push a team too hard in the regular season in this sport. It's pointless.

Just as Tortorella

gumby742
05-26-2012, 12:26 AM
Suck it Ranger fans. Hahaha.

Sarcasman
05-26-2012, 12:32 AM

Your complex is showing. The Devils deserved to win that series, they completely outplayed the Rangers in pretty much every game.

Gmen2005
05-26-2012, 12:35 AM
Thanks for keeping it classy

bleeding blue
05-26-2012, 12:41 AM
Thank God for the Giants..

Rangers don't know how to win a ****ing cup. 1 cup in 72 years. That's pathetic

Sarcasman
05-26-2012, 12:42 AM

LOL It's puzzling. Some Devil fans still have that little brother complex even though they root for the best local hockey team over the last decade. Must be overcompensating for something

Redeyejedi
05-26-2012, 12:43 AM
Rangers played their best game of the series and lost. They dominated the game for 45 of the 60 minutes

I don't know what game you were watching. If those kinds of mental errors and sloppy defense go down as their best game of the series than they should have been swept.The Devils got dominated in Game 5 outside of the first 10 minutes.

Sarcasman
05-26-2012, 12:43 AM
Thank God for the Giants..

Rangers don't know how to win a ****ing cup. 1 cup in 72 years. That's pathetic

Poor coaching.

Gmen2005
05-26-2012, 12:44 AM

LOL It's puzzling. Some Devil fans still have that little brother complex even though they root for the best local hockey team over the last decade. Must be overcompensating for something
true, but it's pretty ****ty to kick someone when they're down. Especially when we're on the Giants board and we root for the same team.

Sarcasman
05-26-2012, 12:47 AM

I don't know what game you were watching. If those kinds of mental errors and sloppy defense go down as their best game of the series than they should have been swept.The Devils got dominated in Game 5 outside of the first 10 minutes.

That's ridiculous. But go on believing that mediocre center ice play and poor offensive zone play = domination if that makes you feel better.

Sarcasman
05-26-2012, 12:49 AM

true, but it's pretty ****ty to kick someone when they're down. Especially when we're on the Giants board and we root for the same team.

It's only the dopey ones...like Jets fans. Many Devils fans are cool, they're just happy for their team and they should be. They completely outplayed the Rangers in this series.

Gmen2005
05-26-2012, 12:53 AM

It's only the dopey ones...like Jets fans. Many Devils fans are cool, they're just happy for their team and they should be. They completely outplayed the Rangers in this series.
Yeah and it's pretty ****ty to kick someone when they're down. I have no problem with plenty of devils fans but there is no reason to come into a thread made for the rangers and act like a ****.

Sarcasman
05-26-2012, 01:01 AM

Yeah and it's pretty ****ty to kick someone when they're down. I have no problem with plenty of devils fans but there is no reason to come into a thread made for the rangers and act like a ****.

Well, there is if you're a dork. So there's that.

Ignore 'em, man. The dude can't even win well...that's gotta suck.

NYGRealityCheck
05-26-2012, 01:53 AM
Congrats to the Devils and thanks to the Rangers for a memorable playoff run. Maybe the Devils can put up a fight against the LA Kings.

Redeyejedi
05-26-2012, 02:20 AM

That's ridiculous. But go on believing that mediocre center ice play and poor offensive zone play = domination if that makes you feel better.First off Im a Devil fan and yes the Devils got out played in Game 5 for very long stretches. Im not such a Homer that I cant admit that. The Devils went 20 minutes with only 1 shot on goal, 16 shots for the game. From the 10 minute mark of the first to the 10 minute mark of the 3rd the Devils couldnt do anything.They got out hit and out shot. Not sure how u could say anything different. The 2nd period the puck didnt leave the Devils end

Gmen2005
05-26-2012, 02:47 AM

That's ridiculous. But go on believing that mediocre center ice play and poor offensive zone play = domination if that makes you feel better.First off Im a Devil fan and yes the Devils got out played in Game 5 for very long stretches. Im not such a Homer that I cant admit that. The Devils went 20 minutes with only 1 shot on goal, 16 shots for the game. From the 10 minute mark of the first to the 10 minute mark of the 3rd the Devils couldnt do anything.They got out hit and out shot. Not sure how u could say anything different. The 2nd period the puck didnt leave the Devils end
The Rangers did dominate game 5. 6 was devils in the first and than the rangers really took over. 1-4 was easily the devils. Just because you dominate doesn't mean you win though. I don't see why people get so defensive when people say a certain team dominated a game.

Martyr
05-26-2012, 03:26 AM
The better team won

nycsportzfan
05-26-2012, 07:17 AM
Rangers played their best game of the series and lost. They dominated the game for 45 of the 60 minutes I don't know what game you were watching. If those kinds of mental errors and sloppy defense go down as their best game of the series than they should have been swept.The Devils got dominated in Game 5 outside of the first 10 minutes. That's ridiculous. But go on believing that mediocre center ice play and poor offensive zone play = domination if that makes you feel better.First off Im a Devil fan and yes the Devils got out played in Game 5 for very long stretches. Im not such a Homer that I cant admit that. The Devils went 20 minutes with only 1 shot on goal, 16 shots for the game. From the 10 minute mark of the first to the 10 minute mark of the 3rd the Devils couldnt do anything.They got out hit and out shot. Not sure how u could say anything different. The 2nd period the puck didnt leave the Devils end I woulden't quite say dominated, but ur correct, that outside of that brilliant 1st period, the Rangers played better the rest of the game, for the most part... It kinda came down to overall skill, and the ability to rack up goals in a quick span of time, and make the rangers have to give everything they got just to get it back to tied, and then get em one more time when the rangers were spent from the comeback attempt... </P>

</P>

I love the devils, and i'm so proud of them... Ilya, T.Zajac, and Parise are the bomb diggity! Also, marty is the man, and hes gonna go out on top, as soon as the quick striking devs get up a few games real quick, and make the kings exert major energy in there comeback attempt, just like they did to Rangers...</P>

Bumm
05-26-2012, 08:23 AM
Yes the Rangers did outplay the Devils game 6, shame it came down to the Devils benefiting from cheap penalties. A game 7 finale would've been nice.

bandwgn86
05-26-2012, 10:52 AM
Found last night's game fairly boring tbh too sloppy between bluelines for both teams. Seems that way with every team now.. They need to make the ice larger so these guys have more space.

Sarcasman
05-26-2012, 12:35 PM

Because simply bouncing the puck around center ice and the offensive zone with none of it adding up to any real good scoring chances or even good shots is not domination.

You seem to be confusing relative levels of ineptitude with domination. Oooooh, there's another poor angle shot by a Ranger that hit a Devils defenseman 30 feet from the net! Wow those Rangers are dominating!

The only place I heard even a hint of this type of clueless analysis is from the idiots on NBC Sports in between periods. I hope that's not where you git it from, listening to the announcers is bad for your brain.

As far as being big enough to admit to an incorrect theory, that has noting to do with homerism. It's the opposite. "They played their best hockey and still lost" in what universe is that a compliment?

buffyblue
05-26-2012, 12:48 PM
Heartbreaking loss last night. NY Rangers played well but NJ Devils were just the better team this series. No way around it. Marty made the saves when he needed to and King Henrick didn't. NJ Devils capitalized on their opportunities and we didn't.

Congratulations to NJ Devils for winning a hard fought series and best of luck to them in dismantling LA Kings.

inexorably
05-26-2012, 02:26 PM
Disappointing and frustrating loss.

Not sure what the future holds for this team. People want to say its bright with all the youth we have but I'm not convinced that they're as good as advertised nor am I convinced that Tort's methods is the way to win. The team looked tired and run down throughout most of this series. You play 82 games in the regular season blocking shots and grinding it out and it takes a toll.

Also, not sure about our defense as well. How many odd man rushes did they give up because of bad decisions or mishandling the puck? I lost count to be honest. Our offense was lackluster with the stars not showing up when it mattered. Gaborik had one goal in the series, while Richards didn't have any.

Henrik was great for most of the playoffs but again, he looked beat down and tired in this series and, outside of the two shutouts, looked mediocre at best.

Also, sure they were the top seed of the East but they really didn't play like a top seed. Needing 7 games to beat both the 8th and 7th seeded teams left me doubting they could make it to the finals and left the team tired and beat up.

Anyway, we'll see what happens next season. Too early for me to be optimistic let alone positive about anything dealing with the Blueshirts after being eliminated by a team I ****ing hate. I hope the Kings win in 4.

Sarcasman
05-26-2012, 03:25 PM
Disappointing and frustrating loss.

Not sure what the future holds for this team. People want to say its bright with all the youth we have but I'm not convinced that they're as good as advertised nor am I convinced that Tort's methods is the way to win. The team looked tired and run down throughout most of this series. You play 82 games in the regular season blocking shots and grinding it out and it takes a toll.

Also, not sure about our defense as well. How many odd man rushes did they give up because of bad decisions or mishandling the puck? I lost count to be honest. Our offense was lackluster with the stars not showing up when it mattered.
Henrik was great for most of the playoffs but again, he looked beat down and tired in this series and, outside of the two shutouts, looked mediocre at best.

Also, sure they were the top seed of the East but they really didn't play like a top seed. Needing 7 games to beat both the 8th and 7th seeded teams left me doubting they could make it to the finals and left the team tired and beat up.

I don't know what you're talking about. I heard the Rangers were dominant!

Plus, I read it on the internet so that makes it true.

barran21
05-28-2012, 03:24 AM
When Tortorella opened his mouth after the game 3 win about the Devils coach, he inspired that team and they never won a game again, shut your mouth next time dummy learn from TC guy never opens his mouth always humble even if they other team was playing dirty...

MikeIsaGiant
05-29-2012, 03:17 PM
Heartbreaking loss last night. NY Rangers played well but NJ Devils were just the better team this series. No way around it. Marty made the saves when he needed to and King Henrick didn't. NJ Devils capitalized on their opportunities and we didn't.

Congratulations to NJ Devils for winning a hard fought series and best of luck to them in dismantling LA Kings.

How can you root for the Devils as a Ranger fan?

gumby742
05-30-2012, 10:12 AM
</P>

Addressing the previous posts:</P>

Haha. It's absolutely the little brother complex. Ranger fans are like Cowboy fans - just without the championships. The generalisation is that you guys are a smug bunch with nothing to show for it.</P>

That being said, if you follow hockey, you won't need to ask why Devil fans have a chip on their shoulder. Our team is successful, but as fans, we're the door mats of the NHL. We have problems selling out a single game, and when we play the rangers, it's practically a Ranger home game. If you make the playoffs for 17 straight years and win a bunch of cups, yet there are still rumors of the team going bankrupt and you have tickets selling issues, the fanbase is pretty terrible - maybe the worst in the NHL. So don't make it seem like cheering for the Devils is easy because we're a winner. Try it and you'll realize you get crapped on by every fan base in the NHL.</P>

Sorry, but I hate the Rangers almost as much as I do the Eagles - probably a lot a lot more. In general, I don't talk a lot of smack, but when it comes to the Rangers, i make an exception. That being said, this year's rangers is a lot more likable than years past. You guys actually tried building from within.</P>

gumby742
05-30-2012, 10:20 AM
Heartbreaking loss last night. NY Rangers played well but NJ Devils were just the better team this series. No way around it. Marty made the saves when he needed to and King Henrick didn't. NJ Devils capitalized on their opportunities and we didn't. Congratulations to NJ Devils for winning a hard fought series and best of luck to them in dismantling LA Kings. How can you root for the Devils as a Ranger fan?</P>

As a Devils fan I always wondered by Ranger fans hated us so much. Yes, success breeds hate, but in our case, I'd thought it'd be an exception because we have a lack of fanbase, can't sell out games, and it's possible that we might go bankrupt. I thought maybe we'd get a little pity. Haha.</P>

MikeIsaGiant
05-30-2012, 10:29 AM
Heartbreaking loss last night. NY Rangers played well but NJ Devils were just the better team this series. No way around it. Marty made the saves when he needed to and King Henrick didn't. NJ Devils capitalized on their opportunities and we didn't. Congratulations to NJ Devils for winning a hard fought series and best of luck to them in dismantling LA Kings. How can you root for the Devils as a Ranger fan?</P>

As a Devils fan I always wondered by Ranger fans hated us so much.* Yes, success breeds hate, but in our case, I'd thought it'd be an exception because we have a lack of fanbase, can't sell out games, and it's possible that we might go bankrupt.** I thought maybe we'd get a little pity.* Haha.</P>

Oh your post made it seem like you were a rangers fan at some point.

I misunderstood.

My apologies.

Yes, I do hate the Devils lol.

Our time will come though, it's only pure jealousy right now that I hate the Devils.

But then again, I look at the Devil's future and feel pity for them.

Kovalchuk's contract, Brodeur and Hedburg are old as ****.

Redeyejedi
05-31-2012, 09:58 AM

As a Devils fan I always wondered by Ranger fans hated us so much.* Yes, success breeds hate, but in our case, I'd thought it'd be an exception because we have a lack of fanbase, can't sell out games, and it's possible that we might go bankrupt.** I thought maybe we'd get a little pity.* Haha.</P>This is the 5th cup we have gone 2 since their last 1 . Thats a lot of winning.

Gmen2005
06-01-2012, 01:16 PM
Gaborik was playing with a torn rotators cuff. I think it happened in the Ottawa series, out 5-6 months.

MikeIsaGiant
06-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Gaborik was playing with a torn rotators cuff.* I think it happened in the Ottawa series, out 5-6 months.

Probably even before that. Gaborik hasn't been all there lately.

They have work to do this offseason. Can't go into the season without Gaborik and not acquire another goal scorer. Actually, we need one even if Gaborik is back before the season.

I wonder what they'll do, but there are a bunch of big names out there that can help.

Iginla/Parise/Nash/Weber.

Not saying we should acquire them, but they are open to discussion.

I highly doubt Iginla though, he loves it in Calgary even if they went 0-82

Gmen2005
06-01-2012, 06:20 PM
Gaborik was playing with a torn rotators cuff. I think it happened in the Ottawa series, out 5-6 months.

Probably even before that. Gaborik hasn't been all there lately.

They have work to do this offseason. Can't go into the season without Gaborik and not acquire another goal scorer. Actually, we need one even if Gaborik is back before the season.

I wonder what they'll do, but there are a bunch of big names out there that can help.

Iginla/Parise/Nash/Weber.

Not saying we should acquire them, but they are open to discussion.

I highly doubt Iginla though, he loves it in Calgary even if they went 0-82

Agreed, they need to get someone else. I guess the blessing in disguise is if he comes back 100% healthy, he'll have fresh legs going into the second half of the season.

bandwgn86
06-01-2012, 07:15 PM
1 game down, boring as all heckmind you. </P>

LA in six.. although i prayfor the Devils.. well Marty anyways </P>

Redeyejedi
06-01-2012, 08:11 PM
1 game down, boring as all heck*mind you. </P>

LA in six.. although i pray*for the Devils.. well Marty anyways *</P>Not an exciting game at all that 1st 1. Kings completly took the Devils off their game. Devils have been resilient I think they bounce back win game 2

bandwgn86
06-03-2012, 07:49 AM

LA in six.. although i pray*for the Devils.. well Marty anyways *</P>Not an exciting game at all that 1st 1. Kings completly took the Devils off their game. Devils have been resilient I think they bounce back win game 2feeling bad for Marty. He's making the big saves but unfortunately Quick has been excellent aswell.
Looks like LA for the sweep :). NJ will be walking into a buzzsaw when they get on the ice in LA.

Redeyejedi
06-03-2012, 10:32 AM

LA in six.. although i pray*for the Devils.. well Marty anyways *</P>Not an exciting game at all that 1st 1. Kings completly took the Devils off their game. Devils have been resilient I think they bounce back win game 2feeling bad for Marty. He's making the big saves but unfortunately Quick has been excellent aswell.
Looks like LA for the sweep :). NJ will be walking into a buzzsaw when they get on the ice in LA.Devils havent played bad its just Quick has been magnificent. Quick is clearly in the Devils heads.The worst thing u can do is start looking for the perfect shot.

MikeIsaGiant
06-04-2012, 11:50 AM
Devils got hot at the right time. Unfortunately, they've met the brick wall IMO.

Not going to be a sweep honestly, but the Kings most likely will take this. Kind of obvious now

bandwgn86
06-04-2012, 05:30 PM

Looks like LA for the sweep :). NJ will be walking into a buzzsaw when they get on the ice in LA.Devils havent played bad its just Quick has been magnificent. Quick is clearly in the Devils heads.The worst thing u can do is start looking for the perfect shot.Quick reminds me of Marty when he was in his prime.. so technically sound, always in the right position

Redeyejedi
06-04-2012, 05:42 PM
Devils got hot at the right time. Unfortunately, they've met the brick wall IMO.

Not going to be a sweep honestly, but the Kings most likely will take this. Kind of obvious nowDevils will be lucky to push this 6

Redeyejedi
06-04-2012, 05:47 PM

Looks like LA for the sweep :). NJ will be walking into a buzzsaw when they get on the ice in LA.Devils havent played bad its just Quick has been magnificent. Quick is clearly in the Devils heads.The worst thing u can do is start looking for the perfect shot.Quick reminds me of Marty when he was in his prime.. so technically sound, always in the right position Some of the saves he made were incredible. He was screened the pucks deflected and he gets to the right spot its crazy,Marty has been very good better then u can even ask from him. The Devils just have to keep shooting. The worst thing u can do is try to become to perfect. U start holding the puck and not getting shots even on goal. U never know 1 good bounce the flood gates could open its happens that way sometimes.

Redeyejedi
06-04-2012, 05:47 PM

Looks like LA for the sweep :). NJ will be walking into a buzzsaw when they get on the ice in LA.Devils havent played bad its just Quick has been magnificent. Quick is clearly in the Devils heads.The worst thing u can do is start looking for the perfect shot.Quick reminds me of Marty when he was in his prime.. so technically sound, always in the right position Some of the saves he made were incredible. He was screened the pucks deflected and he gets to the right spot its crazy,Marty has been very good better then u can even ask from him. The Devils just have to keep shooting. The worst thing u can do is try to become to perfect. U start holding the puck and not getting shots even on goal. U never know 1 good bounce the flood gates could open its happens that way sometimes.

bandwgn86
06-04-2012, 05:53 PM

Looks like LA for the sweep :). NJ will be walking into a buzzsaw when they get on the ice in LA.Devils havent played bad its just Quick has been magnificent. Quick is clearly in the Devils heads.The worst thing u can do is start looking for the perfect shot.Quick reminds me of Marty when he was in his prime.. so technically sound, always in the right position Some of the saves he made were incredible. He was screened the pucks deflected and he gets to the right spot its crazy,Marty has been very good better then u can even ask from him. The Devils just have to keep shooting. The worst thing u can do is try to become to perfect. U start holding the puck and not getting shots even on goal. U never know 1 good bounce the flood gates could open its happens that way sometimes.more bodies infront of Quick would be good.. not going to score many from 20feet out and Quick having a clear view.. they started to in 3rd period of Saturdays game but like you said he's been incredible

Redeyejedi
06-04-2012, 09:56 PM
How were the Kings the 8th seed I dont get it. They are way better then any team the Devils have faced

THE_New_York_Giants
06-04-2012, 10:02 PM
How were the Kings the 8th seed I dont get it. They are way better then any team the Devils have faced

A) they were the healthiest team in the playoffs

B) they made a bunch of great trades at the deadline that got them in the playoffs.

Redeyejedi
06-04-2012, 10:19 PM

A) they were the healthiest team in the playoffs

B) they made a bunch of great trades at the deadline that got them in the playoffs.I watch 2 teams the Devils and the Rangers outside of that I dont follow the NHL much

Devils are getting out hit bad. They did against the Rangers as well but not 2 this level

Redeyejedi
06-04-2012, 10:23 PM
Difference in this series Kings get players away from the Net Devils dont

bandwgn86
06-04-2012, 10:42 PM
How were the Kings the 8th seed I dont get it. They are way better then any team the Devils have faced8th seed in the western conference is like a 3rd seed in the east.. West has been strong for some time now..

That goal was BS whistle should have been blown.

THE_New_York_Giants
06-04-2012, 10:45 PM
How were the Kings the 8th seed I dont get it. They are way better then any team the Devils have faced8th seed in the western conference is like a 3rd seed in the east.. West has been strong for some time now..

East is exponentially better than the west bro.

Redeyejedi
06-04-2012, 10:46 PM
Absolutely gorgeous goal . 1 of the prettiest Ive seen in the playoffs. The Devils are spent. They are getting swept. The Kings have took their will

NYGRealityCheck
06-04-2012, 11:05 PM
That 5 on 3 from the Devils was pathetic. LA Kings were gonna score another playoff short-handed goal if the guy didn't get tripped.

Time for the Devils to get on their knees like the rest and bow down to the historic No. 8th seeded LA Kings.

bandwgn86
06-04-2012, 11:06 PM

East is exponentially better than the west bro.disagree. The east has weak goaltending and they play a softer game..

slipknottin
06-04-2012, 11:26 PM
East is better than the west.

LA is massively better than the Devils however.

bandwgn86
06-04-2012, 11:26 PM
One of the many reasons I don't like a best of series to crown a champ.. LA will be up 3-0 and instead of getting to celebrate the inevitable they have to wait..

THE_New_York_Giants
06-04-2012, 11:39 PM

East is exponentially better than the west bro.disagree. The east has weak goaltending and they play a softer game..

Have you watched hockey in the past 10 years? The Atlantic division is year in and year out the most physical division in the league, followed closely by the Northeast division. Those two divisions play the best hockey. Nobody wants to play for the west teams in the NHL outside of Detroit, Chicago, and the Canadian teams. The west is basically made up of the Canucks, Kings (this year), Red Wings, and Blackhawks. Everyone else out west is year in and year out irrelevant (That is after Roy retired from the Avs in which case it was Colorado in and LA out). The East has the Penguins, Flyers, Rangers, Devils who beat the living crap out of each other every time they play (probably why the Devils are getting owned, they had to play their 2 most hated rivals). Then you have Boston/Montreal/Toronto (which is basically the same as an NFC East rivalry, the teams may be sucking but they play each other extremely hard). The west plays a weak brand of hockey. Vancouver is nothing without both Sedins, Detroit is old, Chicago traded away their entire team. There were 2 points separating Phx and LA and they were both in the low 90's. All of the Atlantic division sans the Islanders had 100 points. The East can't beat the west because the East beat the living **** out of each other so all that's left is a pack of injured dogs taking on a pack of dogs that has yet to be challenged. It would basically be like the Staten Island Yankees (west) playing ball against the New York Yankees and all of the NYY (east) had 2 broken legs. That's what you are looking at.

slipknottin
06-04-2012, 11:39 PM
i cant believe this is only LAs 7th home game of the playoffs, lol!

MikeIsaGiant
06-05-2012, 10:19 AM

Have you watched hockey in the past 10 years? The Atlantic division is year in and year out the most physical division in the league, followed closely by the Northeast division. Those two divisions play the best hockey. Nobody wants to play for the west teams in the NHL outside of Detroit, Chicago, and the Canadian teams. The west is basically made up of the Canucks, Kings (this year), Red Wings, and Blackhawks. Everyone else out west is year in and year out irrelevant (That is after Roy retired from the Avs in which case it was Colorado in and LA out). The East has the Penguins, Flyers, Rangers, Devils who beat the living crap out of each other every time they play (probably why the Devils are getting owned, they had to play their 2 most hated rivals). Then you have Boston/Montreal/Toronto (which is basically the same as an NFC East rivalry, the teams may be sucking but they play each other extremely hard). The west plays a weak brand of hockey. Vancouver is nothing without both Sedins, Detroit is old, Chicago traded away their entire team. There were 2 points separating Phx and LA and they were both in the low 90's. All of the Atlantic division sans the Islanders had 100 points. The East can't beat the west because the East beat the living **** out of each other so all that's left is a pack of injured dogs taking on a pack of dogs that has yet to be challenged. It would basically be like the Staten Island Yankees (west) playing ball against the New York Yankees and all of the NYY (east) had 2 broken legs. That's what you are looking at.

THIS. The East is way better than the West. Not sure what anyone is smoking

Redeyejedi
06-05-2012, 10:33 AM
East is better than the west.

LA is massively better than the Devils however.2 bad the devils were better then the Rangers maybe the Rangers could of played them closer.
They should of scratched Kovlachuck he is hurt.He is killing the Devils power play.They should of pulled him from there before it was 2 late. The Devils had 6 power plays and the game was 1-0.The first 2 games went to OT. Its not like the Kings ran them out of the building. Had they just had some semblance of a PP they win 1 of those games in NJ.
U could just feel the Devils give up last night when the Kings scored that pretty goal.they just became resolved to the fact they werent going to be able to score 3 goals.Devils had chances but they kept shooting low right into Quick.Quick was great in the first 2 games but last night the Devils helped him out a lot. Lots of poor shots. Couple times Quick wasnt even looking and they just flat out missed or hit him with the puck

bandwgn86
06-05-2012, 02:53 PM

THIS. The East is way better than the West. Not sure what anyone is smokingwhat exactly are you this-ing too? that the Atlantic (which has 2 good goalies and 3 back up goalies) is a tough division and are you also this-ing to a division that has Toronto Montreal Ottawa and Buffalo is also a "tough" division.. Boston has no competition

Rivalries have nothin to with nothin

Christ, i'd bet if Edmonton ( a team of rookies) was in the Northeast they'd have atleast 90 points

Roswell777
06-05-2012, 03:37 PM

THIS. The East is way better than the West. Not sure what anyone is smokingwhat exactly are you this-ing too? that the Atlantic (which has 2 good goalies and 3 back up goalies) is a tough division and are you also this-ing to a division that has Toronto Montreal Ottawa and Buffalo is also a "tough" division.. Boston has no competition

Christ, i'd bet if Edmonton ( a team of rookies) was in the Northeast they'd have atleast 90 points

Just curious. Which of these three goalies do you consider a backup? Lundqvist, Brodeur or Fleury?

bandwgn86
06-05-2012, 04:50 PM

Just curious. Which of these three goalies do you consider a backup? Lundqvist, Brodeur or Fleury?im being a little harsh on Fleury even though he may be a back up now that Pit signed Vokoun soooo...

MikeIsaGiant
06-05-2012, 05:06 PM
4 out of the 5 teams in the Northeast are better than the Oilers.. point = moot.

I'll take an Eastern team before a Western team ANY DAY.

bandwgn86
06-05-2012, 05:25 PM
4 out of the 5 teams in the Northeast are better than the Oilers.. point = moot.

I'll take an Eastern team before a Western team ANY DAY.going by total points is kinda silly tbh. Edmonton would feast on the weak goaltending in the east

all the goalies are out West.. it isnt a coincidence that all the top scorers are on Eastern teams

slipknottin
06-05-2012, 05:32 PM
it isnt a coincidence that all the top scorers are on Eastern teams

Or the east has much better offensive players...

bandwgn86
06-05-2012, 05:47 PM
it isnt a coincidence that all the top scorers are on Eastern teams

Or the east has much better offensive players...

could very well be.. or maybe they get a little more hype and you dont get to watch to many west games?
would you say that west has the better goalies?

slipknottin
06-05-2012, 05:55 PM

overall I think the west has better defensive teams.

Individually no, dont think they have better goaltending, or at least not signficantly.

I mean any list of the top goalies in the league is going to be pretty closely split among east and west. Maybe slightly better in the west, but the west goalies arent playing the offensive teams either.

bandwgn86
06-05-2012, 06:06 PM

overall I think the west has better defensive teams.

Individually no, dont think they have better goaltending, or at least not signficantly.

I mean any list of the top goalies in the league is going to be pretty closely split among east and west. Maybe slightly better in the west, but the west goalies arent playing the offensive teams either.are you just going by this year or the last several years? the top scoring teams consistantly Vancouver Chicago Detroit San Jose.. after Washington Pittsburgh who is there in east? maybe Philly/Boston but i wouldnt put them over any team i mentioned in the west..

slipknottin
06-05-2012, 06:08 PM
the top scoring teams consistantly Vancouver Chicago Detroit San Jose..

kind of ends your better goaltending in the west argument, doesnt it.

I wasent going off scoring, was going off defense. LA, Nashville, Van, SJ, even Minnesota have pretty consistently been in the top defensively.

The west is made up of generally teams with great defenses who cant score, or high scoring teams who struggle in net. Vancouver is really the only exception. Which is why they have won the west the past two seasons.

Teams like Pittsburgh when Fleury actually shows up, or Boston, or even a team like the devils or rangers are much better balanced team than most of the west teams.

bandwgn86
06-05-2012, 06:38 PM

I wasent going off scoring, was going off defense. LA, Nashville, Van, SJ, even Minnesota have pretty consistently been in the top defensively.

The west is made up of generally teams with great defenses who cant score, or high scoring teams who struggle in net. Vancouver is really the only exception. Which is why they have won the west the past two seasons.

Teams like Pittsburgh when Fleury actually shows up, or Boston, or even a team like the devils or rangers are much better balanced team than most of the west teams.not really was just responding to you saying the west goalies dont face offensive teams..

thats where i would disagree Slip.. the balance and the depth is out west..

THE_New_York_Giants
06-05-2012, 06:54 PM

Teams like Pittsburgh when Fleury actually shows up, or Boston, or even a team like the devils or rangers are much better balanced team than most of the west teams.not really was just responding to you saying the west goalies dont face offensive teams..

The west year in and year out has one or 2 good teams. You can tell pretty much at the end of the season who will be in the stanley cup finals. It's been like that since the lockout. Before the lockout, the west was better but after it, the East has all of the talent. The west is just lucky that the East teams kick the **** out of each other before they have to play them.

bandwgn86
06-05-2012, 07:39 PM

The west year in and year out has one or 2 good teams. You can tell pretty much at the end of the season who will be in the stanley cup finals. .who'd you pick from the West? the 8th seed?

slipknottin
06-05-2012, 08:19 PM
who'd you pick from the West? the 8th seed?

Honestly, I thought the Kings were, at least on paper, the most talented team in the league.

But they struggled all season.

bandwgn86
06-05-2012, 11:18 PM

Honestly, I thought the Kings were, at least on paper, the most talented team in the league.

But they struggled all season.over Boston and Vancouver? Good call. To me it was Boston and they were playing that way up till Thomas vs Obama happened..

THE_New_York_Giants
06-06-2012, 12:23 AM

The west year in and year out has one or 2 good teams. You can tell pretty much at the end of the season who will be in the stanley cup finals. .who'd you pick from the West? the 8th seed?

LA actually. They were the hottest team. Let's look at the breakdown.

Luongo sucks in the playoffs and Daniel Sedin was hurt. That essentially knocked out the Canucks.
St.Louis has no offense, and San Jose lacks both offense and defense.
Phx... lol
Nashville suspended their 2 best players... they had a shot.
Detroit is old and beat up.
Chicago had no defense

LAK got healthy at the right time and made the right trades at the deadline. Nobody in the west has a great goalie outside of LA. The list goes on.

Roswell777
06-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Heard a crazy stat today.

The Kings have not trailed in any game of the entire playoffs. They are on an incredible roll.

MikeIsaGiant
06-06-2012, 01:12 PM
NO ONE, NO ONE, knew the Kings were going all the way... I don't care how much hockey one person knows.

It's like the Giants

THE_New_York_Giants
06-06-2012, 01:50 PM
NO ONE, NO ONE, knew the Kings were going all the way... I don't care how much hockey one person knows.

It's like the Giants
i knew the giants would go all the way after the regular season green bay game. Look at my posts on the boards.
i also knew that LA would go to the cup after game 2 of the 1st round, but I thought they'd beat the Casucks.

MikeIsaGiant
06-06-2012, 02:07 PM

It's like the Giants
i knew the giants would go all the way after the regular season green bay game.* Look at my posts on the boards.*
i also knew that LA would go to the cup after game 2 of the 1st round, but I thought they'd beat the Casucks.

Talking about earlier than that. Anyone can make that claim. Right near the trade deadline, no one can have made that claim

bandwgn86
06-06-2012, 02:24 PM

LA actually. They were the hottest team. Let's look at the breakdown.

Luongo sucks in the playoffs and Daniel Sedin was hurt. That essentially knocked out the Canucks.
St.Louis has no offense, and San Jose lacks both offense and defense.
Phx... lol
Nashville suspended their 2 best players... they had a shot.
Detroit is old and beat up.
Chicago had no defense

LAK got healthy at the right time and made the right trades at the deadline. Nobody in the west has a great goalie outside of LA. The list goes on.good call than.. i didnt think they'd get past STL or atleast as easy.. they made Elliot look like a AHL goalie

bandwgn86
06-06-2012, 02:27 PM

The Kings have not trailed in any game of the entire playoffs.* They are on an incredible roll.

thats incredible!

team Canada is wishing Quick was Canadian he's a monster

Roswell777
06-06-2012, 02:34 PM

The Kings have not trailed in any game of the entire playoffs. They are on an incredible roll.

thats incredible!

turns out that it is not true. they have trailed in both games that they lost. So my apologies for posting that earlier.

bandwgn86
06-06-2012, 02:36 PM

The Kings have not trailed in any game of the entire playoffs.* They are on an incredible roll.

thats incredible!

turns out that it is not true.* they have trailed in both games that they lost.* So my apologies for posting that earlier.

lol.. no worries.

i think they have a NHL record for playoff wins on the road?

Redeyejedi
06-06-2012, 03:35 PM

But they struggled all season.Ill take your word for it. Outside of the Devils and Rangers I dont watch much hockey. Those are the only teams i will watch if a game is on.
They certainly look outstanding to me. The Devils played well enough to win the first 2 games but they werent the better team and it was quite evident especially in Game 3.

bandwgn86
06-06-2012, 04:26 PM
game four
</P>

time to end thread i guess. </P>

good try Marty, enjoy retirement[:(] </P>

Redeyejedi
06-06-2012, 11:54 PM
Devils last 1 more game at least. Finally got more then a goal and they won the game. Just win the next game and pressure is on the Kings

THE_New_York_Giants
06-07-2012, 12:44 AM
Devils last 1 more game at least. Finally got more then a goal and they won the game. Just win the next game and pressure is on the Kings

That's cool. I'd prefer the Kings raise the cup in New Jersey anyways. The sound of LA celebrating makes my skin crawl just a bit.

THE_New_York_Giants
06-07-2012, 12:47 AM
game four
</p>

time to end thread i guess. </p>

good try Marty, enjoy retirement[:(] </p>

Marty is a loser. He doesn't deserve what he has. He goes and screws his wife's brother's wife and then marries her. Great guy right there. He is a class A dirtbag. Moral to the story, never get married kids

elisupporter10
06-07-2012, 03:53 AM
Call him a dirt bag, a jerk, a douch or whatever but Marty Brodeur is not a loser. 3 cups, 4 vezinas and most wins and shutouts does not make you a loser.

bandwgn86
06-07-2012, 08:21 AM
Call him a dirt bag, a jerk, a douch or whatever but Marty Brodeur is not a loser. 3 cups, 4 vezinas and most wins and shutouts does not make you a loser.yup top 3 g o a t.

Redeyejedi
06-07-2012, 08:58 AM
Frustrating if the Devils got 1 bounce in the first 2 OT games this series is completely different. EIther way Broduer has played fantastic. If the Devils had any PP at all they would be up 3-1 instead of down 3-1.

THE_New_York_Giants
06-07-2012, 09:52 AM
Call him a dirt bag, a jerk, a douch or whatever but Marty Brodeur is not a loser. 3 cups, 4 vezinas and most wins and shutouts does not make you a loser.yup top 3 g o a t. He's not a hockey loser.. he's a life loser. I wish someone would pull a Barnaby and rip off his mask and give him the beating he deserves.

THE_New_York_Giants
06-07-2012, 09:53 AM
Frustrating if the Devils got 1 bounce in the first 2 OT games this series is completely different. EIther way Broduer has played fantastic. If the Devils had any PP at all they would be up 3-1 instead of down 3-1.

And if half of the Rangers team wasn't injured, they would be raising the cup over their heads now. :)

Redeyejedi
06-07-2012, 10:01 AM

And if half of the Rangers team wasn't injured, they would be raising the cup over their heads now. :)
Actually if U had 1 decent forward u might be in the finals.

THE_New_York_Giants
06-07-2012, 10:13 AM

We have one in Gaborik who was playing with a torn rotator cuff and broken shoulder. We have another in Richards who was playing with a high ankle sprain. You won't see the sissies in the NFL do that. We can do these "if" statements all day. The Rangers got the **** kicked out of them for 2 rounds and still held in there for the Devils who didn't really get as much as a beating. Another "if" statement. If Bryzgalov didn't let in every shot he faced on a regular basis, the Flyers would have been in the ECF and not the Rangers. I knew there was no way in hell the Flyers would win because Bryzgalov has been swiss cheese all year. Here's another good if! If Wayne Gretzky had never played hockey, he'd just be another guy. And another good if! If the Saints had drafted LT first overall instead of the Giants, we would have had to wait even longer for a Superbowl.

DVision
06-07-2012, 12:41 PM

We have one in Gaborik who was playing with a torn rotator cuff and broken shoulder.* We have another in Richards who was playing with a high ankle sprain.* You won't see the sissies in the NFL do that.* We can do these "if" statements all day.* The Rangers got the **** kicked out of them for 2 rounds and still held in there for the Devils who didn't really get as much as a beating.* Another "if" statement.* If Bryzgalov didn't let in every shot he faced on a regular basis, the Flyers would have been in the ECF and not the Rangers.* I knew there was no way in hell the Flyers would win because Bryzgalov has been swiss cheese all year.* Here's another good if! If Wayne Gretzky had never played hockey, he'd just be another guy.* And another good if! If the Saints had drafted LT first overall instead of the Giants, we would have had to wait even longer for a Superbowl.

You act as if the Rangers were the only team dealing with injuries during the playoffs! lol. You knew Bryzgalov was swiss cheese, but did you guess that your precious "King" would turn to swiss in the middle of the ECF also?

THE_New_York_Giants
06-07-2012, 12:46 PM

We have one in Gaborik who was playing with a torn rotator cuff and broken shoulder. We have another in Richards who was playing with a high ankle sprain. You won't see the sissies in the NFL do that. We can do these "if" statements all day. The Rangers got the **** kicked out of them for 2 rounds and still held in there for the Devils who didn't really get as much as a beating. Another "if" statement. If Bryzgalov didn't let in every shot he faced on a regular basis, the Flyers would have been in the ECF and not the Rangers. I knew there was no way in hell the Flyers would win because Bryzgalov has been swiss cheese all year. Here's another good if! If Wayne Gretzky had never played hockey, he'd just be another guy. And another good if! If the Saints had drafted LT first overall instead of the Giants, we would have had to wait even longer for a Superbowl.

You act as if the Rangers were the only team dealing with injuries during the playoffs! lol You knew Bryzgalov was swiss cheese, but did you guess that your precious "King" would turn to swiss also?

I know for a fact they weren't. He made the statement 'if the devils had a few more bounces go their way' so i made a few "if" statements as well. He then said the Rangers didn't have a decent scorer and I let him know that Gaborik and Richards are both all-star scorers who happened to be injured during the playoff run. Injuries are a part of hockey. The healthiest team is often the one that wins the cup. The king didn't really turn into Swiss. Look at all of the goals he let in during the ECF. Maybe 3 were in the realm of softies. It's hard to stop those 2 on 1's. The defense was just completely gassed by the ECF. Henrik is a great goalie, but like Brodeur, part of his success relies on his defense. There is no debating that and there is no debating that Bryzgalov and Flower from ****sburgh just flat out suck. Hank had played 30 straight games, and 20 games in 32 nights. That is not easy on the body mate. With that said, the healthiest team wins championships. That's part of the reason why the Giants won last year and part of the reason why the Kings will win this year.

Redeyejedi
06-07-2012, 12:50 PM

We have one in Gaborik who was playing with a torn rotator cuff and broken shoulder.* We have another in Richards who was playing with a high ankle sprain.* You won't see the sissies in the NFL do that.* We can do these "if" statements all day.* The Rangers got the **** kicked out of them for 2 rounds and still held in there for the Devils who didn't really get as much as a beating.* Another "if" statement.* If Bryzgalov didn't let in every shot he faced on a regular basis, the Flyers would have been in the ECF and not the Rangers.* I knew there was no way in hell the Flyers would win because Bryzgalov has been swiss cheese all year.* Here's another good if! If Wayne Gretzky had never played hockey, he'd just be another guy.* And another good if! If the Saints had drafted LT first overall instead of the Giants, we would have had to wait even longer for a Superbowl.

You act as if the Rangers were the only team dealing with injuries during the playoffs! lol. You knew Bryzgalov was swiss cheese, but did you guess that your precious "King" would turn to swiss in the middle of the ECF also? He was average after Game 3

DVision
06-07-2012, 12:51 PM

You act as if the Rangers were the only team dealing with injuries during the playoffs! lol You knew Bryzgalov was swiss cheese, but did you guess that your precious "King" would turn to swiss also?

I know for a fact they weren't.* He made the statement 'if the devils had a few more bounces go their way' so i made a few "if" statements as well.* He then said the Rangers didn't have a decent scorer and I let him know that Gaborik and Richards are both all-star scorers who happened to be injured during the playoff run.* Injuries are a part of hockey.* The healthiest team is often the one that wins the cup.* The king didn't really turn into Swiss.* Look at all of the goals he let in during the ECF.* Maybe 3 were in the realm of softies.* It's hard to stop those 2 on 1's.* The defense was just completely gassed by the ECF.* Henrik is a great goalie, but like Brodeur,* part of his success relies on his defense.* There is no debating that and there is no debating that Bryzgalov and Flower from ****sburgh just flat out suck.*

I'm just talking trash now that my team didn't get swept [:)]! I haven't been able to talk hockey for a few days!

I see your point, but would have to argue that lack of depth hurt the Rangers. You need more playmaking forwards.

DVision
06-07-2012, 12:56 PM

You act as if the Rangers were the only team dealing with injuries during the playoffs! lol. You knew Bryzgalov was swiss cheese, but did you guess that your precious "King" would turn to swiss in the middle of the ECF also? He was average after Game 3

Yes he was giving up goals early! Lundqvist is good, but he can't hold Quicks jock! The kid is playing light's out!

Redeyejedi
06-07-2012, 12:57 PM

I know for a fact they weren't.* He made the statement 'if the devils had a few more bounces go their way' so i made a few "if" statements as well.* He then said the Rangers didn't have a decent scorer and I let him know that Gaborik and Richards are both all-star scorers who happened to be injured during the playoff run.* Injuries are a part of hockey.* The healthiest team is often the one that wins the cup.* The king didn't really turn into Swiss.* Look at all of the goals he let in during the ECF.* Maybe 3 were in the realm of softies.* It's hard to stop those 2 on 1's.* The defense was just completely gassed by the ECF.* Henrik is a great goalie, but like Brodeur,* part of his success relies on his defense.* There is no debating that and there is no debating that Bryzgalov and Flower from ****sburgh just flat out suck.* Hank had played 30 straight games, and 20 games in 32 nights.* That is not easy on the body mate.* With that said, the healthiest team wins championships.* That's part of the reason why the Giants won last year and part of the reason why the Kings will win this year.*
I said 1 Bounce not a few. Your the 1 taking my statements an completely exaggerating them into other situations

Redeyejedi
06-07-2012, 01:01 PM
Even if the Devils lose the Cup beating the Rangers in the ECF was a satisfying season.

NYG 5
06-07-2012, 01:06 PM
Even if the Devils lose the Cup beating the Rangers in the ECF was a satisfying season.

Red Sox fans say dumb **** like this

bleeding blue
06-07-2012, 01:07 PM

Yes he was giving up goals early! Lundqvist is good, but he can't hold Quicks jock! The kid is playing light's out!
The same thing Bruins fans said about Thomas after winning the cup last year, also what the Pens said about Fleury after '09...

Henrik Lundqvist has been the most consistent goalie since the lockout. Not taking anything away from Quick who has been unreal during these playoffs, but to say Hank can't hold Quick's jock is a joke. Hank's incredible year hasn't been something out of the ordinary, he's performed lights out in net for the blueshirts since coming into the league.

THE_New_York_Giants
06-07-2012, 01:14 PM

TBH, I'd rather win the cup than beat the Devils... Just like I'd rather win the superbowl than beat the Skins or cowboys or eagles. If the Giants went 10-6 and every loss was to the division and then we won the super bowl, I'd take that over 18-1 and losing the Superbowl after beating 2 division rivals to get there. There is 1 winner and 31 losers in hockey. If the Devils lose the cup, they are losers just like the Rangers.

THE_New_York_Giants
06-07-2012, 01:14 PM

I know for a fact they weren't. He made the statement 'if the devils had a few more bounces go their way' so i made a few "if" statements as well. He then said the Rangers didn't have a decent scorer and I let him know that Gaborik and Richards are both all-star scorers who happened to be injured during the playoff run. Injuries are a part of hockey. The healthiest team is often the one that wins the cup. The king didn't really turn into Swiss. Look at all of the goals he let in during the ECF. Maybe 3 were in the realm of softies. It's hard to stop those 2 on 1's. The defense was just completely gassed by the ECF. Henrik is a great goalie, but like Brodeur, part of his success relies on his defense. There is no debating that and there is no debating that Bryzgalov and Flower from ****sburgh just flat out suck. Hank had played 30 straight games, and 20 games in 32 nights. That is not easy on the body mate. With that said, the healthiest team wins championships. That's part of the reason why the Giants won last year and part of the reason why the Kings will win this year.
I said 1 Bounce not a few. Your the 1 taking my statements an completely exaggerating them into other situations

If Hitler hadn't invaded Russia, we would all be speaking German right now.

DVision
06-07-2012, 02:05 PM

The same thing Bruins fans said about Thomas after winning the cup last year, also what the Pens said about Fleury after '09...

Henrik Lundqvist has been the most consistent goalie since the lockout. Not taking anything away from Quick who has been unreal during these playoffs, but to say Hank can't hold Quick's jock is a joke. Hank's incredible year hasn't been something out of the ordinary, he's performed lights out in net for the blueshirts since coming into the league.

Except for when it counted! The last 3 games of your playoffs! Consistent means game in and game out, and he was very ordinary in games 4,5, and 6! The most important games of their season! Your right, Lundqvist can hold Quicks jock. He's got nothing else to do right now!

bleeding blue
06-07-2012, 02:10 PM

Except for when it counted! The last 3 games of your playoffs! Consistent means game in and game out, and he was very ordinary in games 4,5, and 6! The most important games of their season! Your right, Lundqvist can hold Quicks jock. He's got nothing else to do right now!
So let's discount all the other games Hank came up big like the two game 7s they played before the Devils. Tell me who holds the record for 7 straight 30+ win seasons? If that record doesn't epitomize consistency then nothing will. Also Hank's been nominated for the Vezina 3 previous times.

Your argument is weak and nothing but an irrational hate of Hank because you're a Devil fan.

Redeyejedi
06-07-2012, 04:02 PM

TBH, I'd rather win the cup than beat the Devils... Just like I'd rather win the superbowl than beat the Skins or cowboys or eagles.* If the Giants went 10-6 and every loss was to the division and then we won the super bowl, I'd take that over 18-1 and losing the Superbowl after beating 2 division rivals to get there.* There is 1 winner and 31 losers in hockey.* If the Devils lose the cup, they are losers just like the Rangers.
Of course Id rather win the cup but ending the Ranger season is a nice consolation prize.. Anyway the Devils will never be like the Rangers they are a far superior franchise in terms of winning. This is the 5th Stanley Cup FInals they have been 2 since your last , 5th

THE_New_York_Giants
06-07-2012, 04:10 PM

TBH, I'd rather win the cup than beat the Devils... Just like I'd rather win the superbowl than beat the Skins or cowboys or eagles. If the Giants went 10-6 and every loss was to the division and then we won the super bowl, I'd take that over 18-1 and losing the Superbowl after beating 2 division rivals to get there. There is 1 winner and 31 losers in hockey. If the Devils lose the cup, they are losers just like the Rangers.
Of course Id rather win the cup but ending the Ranger season is a nice consolation prize.. Anyway the Devils will never be like the Rangers they are a far superior franchise in terms of winning. This is the 5th Stanley Cup FInals they have been 2 since your last , 5th

There is no consolation to not winning the cup except for getting the 1st overall pick. Everyone else is a loser. Devils are equal as losers to the Rangers.

THE_New_York_Giants
06-07-2012, 04:15 PM

So let's discount all the other games Hank came up big like the two game 7s they played before the Devils. Tell me who holds the record for 7 straight 30+ win seasons? If that record doesn't epitomize consistency then nothing will. Also Hank's been nominated for the Vezina 3 previous times.

Your argument is weak and nothing but an irrational hate of Hank because you're a Devil fan. So a guy that plays 35 games straight in which the majority of his wins and losses come on one goal games because his offense can't bail him out... Games 5 and 6 were one goal games. The king can't play goalie AND score goals. Your argument doesn't make any sense. That is like saying Johan Santana is a bad pitcher because he doesnt get a lot of wins. (on that side note, I've never seen a pitcher with so many shut outs enter the 7th inning who's team consistantly doesnt score for him as much as it's happened to Johan.) The King's case is far less extreme than Johan, but comparable. How many times did the Rangers score more than 3 goals in the playoffs? How many posts did they hit in game 5? Lundqvist is not the reason they lost. The offense is the reason. Part of that is because they were hurt and a big part of it was coaching. Torts should have come out and said the loss was his fault because LeFrenchpuss out-coached him.

Lundqvist also won a gold medal for Sweden basically by himself. That Olympic goalie performance is second only to Hasek.

Redeyejedi
06-07-2012, 04:17 PM

TBH, I'd rather win the cup than beat the Devils... Just like I'd rather win the superbowl than beat the Skins or cowboys or eagles.* If the Giants went 10-6 and every loss was to the division and then we won the super bowl, I'd take that over 18-1 and losing the Superbowl after beating 2 division rivals to get there.* There is 1 winner and 31 losers in hockey.* If the Devils lose the cup, they are losers just like the Rangers.

There is no consolation to not winning the cup except for getting the 1st overall pick.* Everyone else is a loser.* Devils are equal as losers to the Rangers.*
Im sure thats what u would say if u had beat the Devils. I know it sux after talking up how great the Rangers were all year to lose to NJ but it happened

THE_New_York_Giants
06-07-2012, 04:22 PM

There is no consolation to not winning the cup except for getting the 1st overall pick. Everyone else is a loser. Devils are equal as losers to the Rangers.
Im sure thats what u would say if u had beat the Devils. I know it sux after talking up how great the Rangers were all year to lose to NJ but it happened

It is what I would say. Not winning the cup automatically makes my team a loser. If the Giants lost in the Superbowl, and beat the Eagles to get there would you say "oh well at least we beat the Eagles?" I sure as hell wouldnt. I'd rather not make the superbowl than lose in it. Same goes for the Stanley Cup. The most painful loss in my years as a fan was that loss to the Ravens and we smoked the Eagles and Vikings to get there. The cup run in 79 was painful too and we beat the Islanders AND flyers to get there and I was not satisfied as we lost to the Canadiens in the final. I'm also a Mavericks fan for basketball and in '06 when they beat the Spurs and then lost the Heat, there was no consolation in us beating the Spurs. It felt even worse losing to the Heat.

Look at Vancouver last year. Was it a consolation to them that they beat the Blackhawks finally? NO. They were so pissed that they lost that they burned down their god damn city. That's what being a fan does. You don't justify losing by saying "well at least we beat our rival". No you win the championship or else they laugh at you when you say "well we beat you" and they respond with "well do you have a ring to show for it?"

In high school football we beat our arch rivals to get to the state championship and lost. We didnt care that we had beaten our arch rivals after that. We were pissed/depressed that we lost the championship. Nothing could comfort me after that loss.

bleeding blue
06-07-2012, 04:37 PM
From my experience, devils fans have and will go to extreme lengths to discredit anything the rangers accomplish

THE_New_York_Giants
06-07-2012, 04:39 PM
From my experience, devils fans have and will go to extreme lengths to discredit anything the rangers accomplish
or to justify losing. Ranger fans don't justify losing by saying "well at least we beat the Capitals." or "at least we beat the Devils".

I'm a huge Rangers fan, however some of my favorite hockey players of all time were Devils. I loved Scott Stevens, Ken Danyeko and Claude Lemieux. They were the epitome of grit and toughness in a hockey player. I also give the Devils a lot of credit for their cup runs in the late 90's and early 2000's basing their team off of that grit and toughness. Some people called that boring hockey, I thought it was one of the most physical hockey teams I'd ever seen. They were actually fun to watch. I would probably cheer for the Devils if they weren't the Ranger's division rival. I'll cheer for them over ****tsburgh and filthadelphia any day.

BTW, I miss the Rangers/Islanders rivalry. That used to be so heated back in the day. Now it's just kinda shmeh.

bandwgn86
06-07-2012, 06:19 PM

I know for a fact they weren't.* He made the statement 'if the devils had a few more bounces go their way' so i made a few "if" statements as well.* He then said the Rangers didn't have a decent scorer and I let him know that Gaborik and Richards are both all-star scorers who happened to be injured during the playoff run.* Injuries are a part of hockey.* The healthiest team is often the one that wins the cup.* The king didn't really turn into Swiss.* Look at all of the goals he let in during the ECF.* Maybe 3 were in the realm of softies.* It's hard to stop those 2 on 1's.* The defense was just completely gassed by the ECF.* Henrik is a great goalie, but like Brodeur,* part of his success relies on his defense.* There is no debating that and there is no debating that Bryzgalov and Flower from ****sburgh just flat out suck.* Hank had played 30 straight games, and 20 games in 32 nights.* That is not easy on the body mate.* With that said, the healthiest team wins championships.* That's part of the reason why the Giants won last year and part of the reason why the Kings will win this year.*
actually, if the great one never played hockey he'd of been in MLB.. the Blue Jays were interested in him as a high school player, or a golfer. he's a scratch golfer

bandwgn86
06-07-2012, 06:30 PM
King Henry's playoff record
25-30

another goalie that chokes in the playoffs. rhymes with Boberto Kuongo
32-27

bandwgn86
06-07-2012, 06:42 PM
really need this SCF to be over by Saturday.. i'm anxious to see what happens with the Phoenix..err Quebec Coytoes

slipknottin
06-07-2012, 08:12 PM
i hate placing wins or loses on individual players, goalies, QBs, pitchers, whatever.

Not Henriks fault his team cant score goals very often.

THE_New_York_Giants
06-07-2012, 08:26 PM
25-30

32-27

Look at the teams they have played on respectively. Luongo's teams all score goals for him. The King's team's do not. Look at his playoff GAA and sv% compared to Luongo. Like Johan Santana, you can't go based on record. If you compare the GAA and SV%, you'll see they are pretty even, but if you evaluate it closer, you'll find that Luongo's stats are inflated by 2006 playoffs. After that year he cost his team 2 cups. Put the King on those teams and Vancouver has 2 Stanley cups.

Lundqvist's stats have gradually improved each post season and outside of his first playoffs which hold his stats down, they have been phenominal. If you actually add the games up individually instead of anually, Luongo's playoff stats are actually at a .898 sv % with a 2.84 GAA while Lundqvist is at .920 with a 2.13 GAA.

bandwgn86
06-07-2012, 08:31 PM
25-30

32-27

Look at the teams they have played on respectively.* Luongo's teams all score goals for him.* The King's team's do not.* Look at his playoff GAA and sv% compared to Luongo.* Like Johan Santana, you can't go based on record.* If you compare the GAA and SV%, you'll see they are pretty even, but if you evaluate it closer, you'll find that Luongo's stats are inflated by 2006 playoffs.* After that year he cost his team 2 cups.* Put the King on those teams and Vancouver has 2 Stanley cups.*
2.5plus GAA is not Dominik Hasek but it also tells me the whole Van team chokes, esp this year

bandwgn86
06-07-2012, 08:33 PM
i hate placing wins or loses on individual players, goalies, QBs, pitchers, whatever.

Not Henriks fault his team cant score goals very often.yah i agree i just thought id try tollin King Hank fans ;)

THE_New_York_Giants
06-07-2012, 08:37 PM
25-30

32-27

Look at the teams they have played on respectively. Luongo's teams all score goals for him. The King's team's do not. Look at his playoff GAA and sv% compared to Luongo. Like Johan Santana, you can't go based on record. If you compare the GAA and SV%, you'll see they are pretty even, but if you evaluate it closer, you'll find that Luongo's stats are inflated by 2006 playoffs. After that year he cost his team 2 cups. Put the King on those teams and Vancouver has 2 Stanley cups.
2.5plus GAA is not Dominik Hasek but it also tells me the whole Van team chokes, esp this year

Lundqvist's stats have gradually improved each post season and outside
of his first playoffs which hold his stats down, they have been
phenominal. If you actually add the playoff games up individually instead of
anually, Luongo's playoff stats are actually at a .898 sv % with a 2.84
GAA while Lundqvist is at .920 with a 2.13 GAA. Hank's stats are actually more comparable to Brodeur than Luongo. If your goalie is putting up those numbers in the playoffs and you lose, you can't blame that on goaltending.

bandwgn86
06-07-2012, 08:40 PM
25-30

32-27

Look at the teams they have played on respectively.* Luongo's teams all score goals for him.* The King's team's do not.* Look at his playoff GAA and sv% compared to Luongo.* Like Johan Santana, you can't go based on record.* If you compare the GAA and SV%, you'll see they are pretty even, but if you evaluate it closer, you'll find that Luongo's stats are inflated by 2006 playoffs.* After that year he cost his team 2 cups.* Put the King on those teams and Vancouver has 2 Stanley cups.*

phenominal.* If you actually add the playoff games up individually instead of
GAA while Lundqvist is at .920 with a 2.13 GAA.*
see my above post ;)

THE_New_York_Giants
06-07-2012, 08:52 PM
25-30

32-27

phenominal. If you actually add the playoff games up individually instead of
GAA while Lundqvist is at .920 with a 2.13 GAA.
see my above post ;)

I noticed ;) Just gotta prove it to the haters with the facts. Some dude made the same argument the other day as to why Santana was a bad pitcher because he doesn't have a lot of W's. I said "How can a guy with one of the best ERA's year in and year out suck?"

DVision
06-07-2012, 10:34 PM

Your argument is weak and nothing but an irrational hate of Hank because you're a Devil fan.* So a guy that plays 35 games straight in which the majority of his wins and losses come on one goal games because his offense can't bail him out...* Games 5 and 6 were one goal games.* The king can't play goalie AND score goals.* Your argument doesn't make any sense.* That is like saying Johan Santana is a bad pitcher because he doesnt get a lot of wins.* (on that side note, I've never seen a pitcher with so many shut outs enter the 7th inning who's team consistantly doesnt score for him as much as it's happened to Johan.)* The King's case is far less extreme than Johan, but comparable.* How many times did the Rangers score more than 3 goals in the playoffs?* How many posts did they hit in game 5?* Lundqvist is not the reason they lost.* The offense is the reason.* Part of that is because they were hurt and a big part of it was coaching.* Torts should have come out and said the loss was his fault because LeFrenchpuss out-coached him.*

Lundqvist also won a gold medal for Sweden basically by himself.* That Olympic goalie performance is second only to Hasek.

I love both you and bleedingblue's rundown on history an all, but the fact of the matter is that THIS SEASON Quick's GAA is slightly better than Lundqvist's and he doesn't have defenseman flopping all over the ice making saves for him. (He was better last season also) And THIS POSTSEASON Quick has been the best goaltender night in and night out! Consistently! Not surrendering more than 2 goals in any game yet!

Game 5 was a 2 goal game with the empty netter. Your boy gave up 4 goals on 16 shots and that's not his fault?

Of course Lundqvist is gonna have a better resume, he's been in the NHL longer! Quick's career is just starting and he's improved every year thus far!

THE_New_York_Giants
06-07-2012, 10:40 PM

Your argument is weak and nothing but an irrational hate of Hank because you're a Devil fan. So a guy that plays 35 games straight in which the majority of his wins and losses come on one goal games because his offense can't bail him out... Games 5 and 6 were one goal games. The king can't play goalie AND score goals. Your argument doesn't make any sense. That is like saying Johan Santana is a bad pitcher because he doesnt get a lot of wins. (on that side note, I've never seen a pitcher with so many shut outs enter the 7th inning who's team consistantly doesnt score for him as much as it's happened to Johan.) The King's case is far less extreme than Johan, but comparable. How many times did the Rangers score more than 3 goals in the playoffs? How many posts did they hit in game 5? Lundqvist is not the reason they lost. The offense is the reason. Part of that is because they were hurt and a big part of it was coaching. Torts should have come out and said the loss was his fault because LeFrenchpuss out-coached him.

Lundqvist also won a gold medal for Sweden basically by himself. That Olympic goalie performance is second only to Hasek.

I love both you and bleedingblue's rundown on history an all, but the fact of the matter is that THIS SEASON Quick's GAA is slightly better than Lundqvist's and he doesn't have defenseman flopping all over the ice making saves for him. (He was better last season also) And THIS POSTSEASON Quick has been the best goaltender night in and night out! Consistently! Not surrendering more than 2 goals in any games yet!

Game 5 was a 2 goal game. Your boy gave up 4 goals on 16 shots and that's not his fault?

Of course Lundqvist is gonna have a better resume, he's been in the NHL longer!

Quick was the best goaltender this post season. Game 5 was a one goal game. The last goal was an empty netter. That's not against the King. Actually, the Rangers defensemen scored about 6 goals on Lundqvist in the post season. Most notably Marc Staal against the Devils, MDZ had 2 own goals against the Senators, McDonagh had 2 key turnovers that led to goals as well. The defense did not play very well in the playoffs. Hank let in 4 goals on 16 shots, yet 2 of those goals were on 2-0 breakaways. How many breakaways did the Rangers give up during the Devils series? Is that the King's fault?

As far as having great defenses that bail them out all the time.... How about fatso back in the late 90's early 2000's. Neidermayer, Stevens, Daneyko, Rafalski, White. Before White and Rafalski they had Chambers and Driver. That was arguably the best defensive unit of all time and they bailed fatso out on a regular basis.

Don't be knocking a system that won your beloved dirtbag fatso brodeur cups and inflated his stats.

DVision
06-07-2012, 11:03 PM

Your argument is weak and nothing but an irrational hate of Hank because you're a Devil fan.* So a guy that plays 35 games straight in which the majority of his wins and losses come on one goal games because his offense can't bail him out...* Games 5 and 6 were one goal games.* The king can't play goalie AND score goals.* Your argument doesn't make any sense.* That is like saying Johan Santana is a bad pitcher because he doesnt get a lot of wins.* (on that side note, I've never seen a pitcher with so many shut outs enter the 7th inning who's team consistantly doesnt score for him as much as it's happened to Johan.)* The King's case is far less extreme than Johan, but comparable.* How many times did the Rangers score more than 3 goals in the playoffs?* How many posts did they hit in game 5?* Lundqvist is not the reason they lost.* The offense is the reason.* Part of that is because they were hurt and a big part of it was coaching.* Torts should have come out and said the loss was his fault because LeFrenchpuss out-coached him.*

Lundqvist also won a gold medal for Sweden basically by himself.* That Olympic goalie performance is second only to Hasek.

I love both you and bleedingblue's rundown on history an all, but the fact of the matter is that THIS SEASON Quick's GAA is slightly better than Lundqvist's and he doesn't have defenseman flopping all over the ice making saves for him. (He was better last season also) And THIS POSTSEASON Quick has been the best goaltender night in and night out! Consistently! Not surrendering more than 2 goals in any games yet!

Game 5 was a 2 goal game. Your boy gave up 4 goals on 16 shots and that's not his fault?

Quick was the best goaltender this post season.* Game 5 was a one goal game.* The last goal was an empty netter.* That's not against the King.* Actually, the Rangers defensemen scored about 6 goals on Lundqvist in the post season.* Most notably Marc Staal against the Devils, MDZ had 2 own goals against the Senators, McDonagh had 2 key turnovers that led to goals as well.* The defense did not play very well in the playoffs.* Hank let in 4 goals on 16 shots, yet 2 of those goals were on 2-0 breakaways.* How many breakaways did the Rangers give up during the Devils series?* Is that the King's fault?*

You have an excuse for everything! "Our players were hurt! Our coach sucks! We hit the post! We have no forwards! It was a 2 on 0"

Now your defensemen scored on Lundqvist?

There were zero 2 on 0 breakaway goals in game 5! ZERO! He gave up a soft goal to Gionta early, a Elias deflection that went off a skate, a wrister to Zajac, and the final one was to Carter on a pass from Gionta out the corner.

And again Quick's Regular season GAA and Save % is almost identical to Lundqvist's and he played more games. I'd argue he was the best goalie all season!

Who's knocking the system? I thought this was about the goaltender's? If Marty gave up 4 goals on 16 shots I'm pretty sure you'd say he had a bad game.

THE_New_York_Giants
06-07-2012, 11:17 PM

Quick was the best goaltender this post season. Game 5 was a one goal game. The last goal was an empty netter. That's not against the King. Actually, the Rangers defensemen scored about 6 goals on Lundqvist in the post season. Most notably Marc Staal against the Devils, MDZ had 2 own goals against the Senators, McDonagh had 2 key turnovers that led to goals as well. The defense did not play very well in the playoffs. Hank let in 4 goals on 16 shots, yet 2 of those goals were on 2-0 breakaways. How many breakaways did the Rangers give up during the Devils series? Is that the King's fault?

You have an excuse for everything! "Our players were hurt! Our coach sucks! We hit the post! We have no forwards! It was a 2 on 0"

There were zero 2 on 0 breakaway goals in game 5! ZERO! He gave up a soft goal to Gionta early, a Elias deflection that went off a skate, a wrister to Zajac, and the final one was to Carter on a pass from Gionta out the corner.

And again Quick's Regular season GAA and Save % is almost identical to Lundqvist's and he played more games. I'd argue he was the best goalie all season!

Who's knocking the system? I thought this was about the goaltender's? If Marty gave up 4 goals on 16 shots I'm pretty sure you'd say he had a bad game.

I have no excuses. The Rangers lost. The reasons why they lost were the following:
A) The team was beat up after 2 grueling, physical series. That is part of the game.
B) They couldn't hit the net. (I remember you posting earlier in the post season that the Rangers best friend was the post and they only got far because other teams were hitting it so much)
C) They gave up too many odd man rushes (which is on Tortorella as he was calling for the pinch). Almost every goal against the Rangers was an odd man rush due to a failed pinch. That is part of the game.

Hank had a bad game in game 5. He was solid every other game in the post season. I wouldnt trade him for any other goalie except a Hasek or Roy in their prime.
I know you didn't watch the previous Rangers series. Del Zotto had 2 own goals in the Ottawa series. McDonagh added another. They picked up another 2 own goals in the Caps series.
But it's okay. You won't get the grail this year so it's pointless to talk about. The King will get his cup with the Rangers eventually, and it will be worth the wait for me as a fan. I waited 27 years for the one in 94 and experienced heart break far worse than the Devils series. It made 1994 that much sweeter. The King will come back next year hungry, the Rangers great YOUNG defense will have another year under their belt, Kreider will have a whole offseason to improve his already fantastic game, and the Rangers will probably have brought in Parise, Erikson, or Ryan. We Rangers fans have a lot to look forward to. This is probably the last run the Devils will ever make. Once Brodeur is gone, 5 years down the road they'll be talking about relocation to Canada.

You know nothing about hockey DVision. Please don't comment on sports you only bandwagon like most Devils fans. I've probably been to more Devils home games this season then you have in your lifetime and I'm a Rangers fan. Same with half of the people who go to Devils games on a nightly basis just because it is basically free hockey.

bandwgn86
06-07-2012, 11:40 PM
Grrr.. Is there something wrong with moving a team to Canada? Youre using it like it's the ultimate insult..

elisupporter10
06-07-2012, 11:42 PM
You've confirmed to me that the Rangers have the most self righteous fan base in the NHL. You talk about your great winning tradition and how bad Devils hockey is and that this is the last run we'll ever make, yet this is the first time since 1997 that you've been to an Eastern Conference Championship. An original six team with all the money and fan support in the world and the team you rag on the most, my favorite team for the last 15 years, has had more cups in the last 2 decades than yours does in its entire existence. The Rangers are a joke.

THE_New_York_Giants
06-07-2012, 11:43 PM
Grrr.. Is there something wrong with moving a team to Canada? Youre using it like it's the ultimate insult..

Nope. If I owned the Devils, Panthers, Stars, Coyotes, or Islanders I'd ship the team up to Regina, Hamilton, Quebec, or Halifax as soon as I could. The team would actually sell out games and have real fans.

THE_New_York_Giants
06-07-2012, 11:46 PM
You've confirmed to me that the Rangers have the most self righteous fan base in the NHL. You talk about your great winning tradition and how bad Devils hockey is and that this is the last run we'll ever make, yet this is the first time since 1997 that you've been to an Eastern Conference Championship. An original six team with all the money and fan support in the world and the team you rag on the most, my favorite team for the last 15 years, has had more cups in the last 2 decades than yours does in its entire existence.

What winning tradition? That I had to wait 27 years for a cup and have had to wait another 18 years and counting? That doesn't sound like me talking about a "winning history". The Rangers are the Chicago Cubs of hockey. Your favorite team for the past 15 years will not be in New Jersey in 15 years because they will have been cellar dwellers for 15 years and unlike the Rangers or any of the other original 6 teams, they won't be able to sell a 50 percent capacity crowd let alone a capacity crowd because the Devils don't have real fans. They have bandwagon fans.
You're the one that is all butt hurt here. It's as if I shoved a cactus up your ***. You mad little boy?

bandwgn86
06-07-2012, 11:49 PM
You've confirmed to me that the Rangers have the most self righteous fan base in the NHL. You talk about your great winning tradition and how bad Devils hockey is and that this is the last run we'll ever make, yet this is the first time since 1997 that you've been to an Eastern Conference Championship. An original six team with all the money and fan support in the world and the team you rag on the most, my favorite team for the last 15 years, has had more cups in the last 2 decades than yours does in its entire existence. The Rangers are a joke.you should try talking with Maple Leafs fans.. Worst fans ever

THE_New_York_Giants
06-07-2012, 11:52 PM
You've confirmed to me that the Rangers have the most self righteous fan base in the NHL. You talk about your great winning tradition and how bad Devils hockey is and that this is the last run we'll ever make, yet this is the first time since 1997 that you've been to an Eastern Conference Championship. An original six team with all the money and fan support in the world and the team you rag on the most, my favorite team for the last 15 years, has had more cups in the last 2 decades than yours does in its entire existence. The Rangers are a joke.you should try talking with Maple Leafs fans.. Worst fans ever
+1
They are hysterical though. Devils "fans" are a close second just because they've never watched a hockey game in their lives and claim they know so much.

elisupporter10
06-07-2012, 11:52 PM
You've confirmed to me that the Rangers have the most self righteous fan base in the NHL. You talk about your great winning tradition and how bad Devils hockey is and that this is the last run we'll ever make, yet this is the first time since 1997 that you've been to an Eastern Conference Championship. An original six team with all the money and fan support in the world and the team you rag on the most, my favorite team for the last 15 years, has had more cups in the last 2 decades than yours does in its entire existence.

What winning tradition?* That I had to wait 27 years for a cup and have had to wait another 18 years and counting?* That doesn't sound like me talking about a "winning history".* The Rangers are the Chicago Cubs of hockey.* Your favorite team for the past 15 years will not be in New Jersey in 15 years because they will have been cellar dwellers for 15 years and unlike the Rangers or any of the other original 6 teams, they won't be able to sell a 50 percent capacity crowd let alone a capacity crowd.*
You're the one that is all butt hurt here.* It's *** if I shoved a cactus up your ***.* You mad little boy?

Hahaha, yeah okay buddy. Have fun on the golf course douchbag, I bet you a dollar the Winnipeg Jets win a cup before your choke goalie and midget ****** of a coach wins one.

bandwgn86
06-07-2012, 11:53 PM

Nope.* If I owned the Devils, Panthers, Stars, Coyotes, or Islanders I'd ship the team up to Regina, Hamilton, Quebec, or Halifax as soon as I could.* The team would actually sell out games and have real fans.
Regina and Halifax to small not enough corperations. As a Ranger fan,You'd want to see Isles move?

THE_New_York_Giants
06-07-2012, 11:58 PM

Nope. If I owned the Devils, Panthers, Stars, Coyotes, or Islanders I'd ship the team up to Regina, Hamilton, Quebec, or Halifax as soon as I could. The team would actually sell out games and have real fans.
Regina and Halifax to small not enough corperations. As a Ranger fan,You'd want to see Isles move?
No, I love that rivalry. And I love the Devils rivalry. The Isles are probably going to move though and personally I hope they just go to Brooklyn, though Kansas City seems likely. I would probably go to about 10 Isles games a year if they moved to Brooklyn and the Rangers/Isles rivalry would instantly intensify 10 fold.

Regina and Halifax would be a lot better for hockey than Phx and Florida.

THE_New_York_Giants
06-07-2012, 11:59 PM

What winning tradition? That I had to wait 27 years for a cup and have had to wait another 18 years and counting? That doesn't sound like me talking about a "winning history". The Rangers are the Chicago Cubs of hockey. Your favorite team for the past 15 years will not be in New Jersey in 15 years because they will have been cellar dwellers for 15 years and unlike the Rangers or any of the other original 6 teams, they won't be able to sell a 50 percent capacity crowd let alone a capacity crowd.
You're the one that is all butt hurt here. It's *** if I shoved a cactus up your ***. You mad little boy?

Hahaha, yeah okay buddy. Have fun on the golf course douchbag, I bet you a dollar the Winnipeg Jets win a cup before your choke goalie and midget ****** of a coach wins one.

My point is proven. All Devils fans are butt hurt for some reason.
Enjoy the "moral victory" of beating the Rangers since it's apparently just as sufficient as winning the cup. It's the last victory of any kind your franchise will have for many years.

bandwgn86
06-08-2012, 12:06 AM

Nope.* If I owned the Devils, Panthers, Stars, Coyotes, or Islanders I'd ship the team up to Regina, Hamilton, Quebec, or Halifax as soon as I could.* The team would actually sell out games and have real fans.
No, I love that rivalry.* And I love the Devils rivalry.* The Isles are probably going to move though and personally I hope they just go to Brooklyn, though Kansas City seems likely.* I would probably go to about 10 Isles games a year if they moved to Brooklyn and the Rangers/Isles rivalry would instantly intensify 10 fold.

* Regina and Halifax would be a lot better for hockey than Phx and Florida.*
if the Isles wanna come back home full circle to Hamilton I'd be fine with that
Hamilton Tigers to
New York Americans to
New York Islanders to....

At least it think the Amerks became the Isles..

THE_New_York_Giants
06-08-2012, 12:10 AM

No, I love that rivalry. And I love the Devils rivalry. The Isles are probably going to move though and personally I hope they just go to Brooklyn, though Kansas City seems likely. I would probably go to about 10 Isles games a year if they moved to Brooklyn and the Rangers/Isles rivalry would instantly intensify 10 fold.

Regina and Halifax would be a lot better for hockey than Phx and Florida.
Hamilton Tigers to
New York Americans to

The Isles were an expansion team that blocked the WHA from moving to Long Island in 1975. The Amerks folded in 1942.

DVision
06-08-2012, 12:17 PM

Quick was the best goaltender this post season.* Game 5 was a one goal game.* The last goal was an empty netter.* That's not against the King.* Actually, the Rangers defensemen scored about 6 goals on Lundqvist in the post season.* Most notably Marc Staal against the Devils, MDZ had 2 own goals against the Senators, McDonagh had 2 key turnovers that led to goals as well.* The defense did not play very well in the playoffs.* Hank let in 4 goals on 16 shots, yet 2 of those goals were on 2-0 breakaways.* How many breakaways did the Rangers give up during the Devils series?* Is that the King's fault?*

I have no excuses.* The Rangers lost.* The reasons why they lost were the following:
A) The team was beat up after 2 grueling, physical series.* That is part of the game.
B) They couldn't hit the net. (I remember you posting earlier in the post season that the Rangers best friend was the post and they only got far because other teams were hitting it so much)
C) They gave up too many odd man rushes (which is on Tortorella as he was calling for the pinch). Almost every goal against the Rangers was an odd man rush due to a failed pinch.* That is part of the game.

Hank had a bad game in game 5.* He was solid every other game in the post season.* I wouldnt trade him for any other goalie except a Hasek or Roy in their prime.
I know you didn't watch the previous Rangers series.* Del Zotto had 2 own goals in the Ottawa series. McDonagh added another.* They picked up another 2 own goals in the Caps series.*
But it's okay.* You won't get the grail this year so it's pointless to talk about.* The King will get his cup with the Rangers eventually, and it will be worth the wait for me as a fan.* I waited 27 years for the one in 94 and experienced heart break far worse than the Devils series.* It made 1994 that much sweeter.* The King will come back next year hungry, the Rangers great YOUNG defense will have another year under their belt, Kreider will have a whole offseason to improve his already fantastic game, and the Rangers will probably have brought in Parise, Erikson, or Ryan.* We Rangers fans have a lot to look forward to.* This is probably the last run the Devils will ever make.* Once Brodeur is gone, 5 years down the road they'll be talking about relocation to Canada.*

You know nothing about hockey DVision.* Please don't comment on sports you only bandwagon like most Devils fans.* I've probably been to more Devils home games this season then you have in your lifetime and I'm a Rangers fan.* Same with half of the people who go to Devils games on a nightly basis just because it is basically free hockey.

NEWSFLASH: Your A, B, C are what they call excuses!!

As far as me knowing nothing about hockey, well I've only played since I was was a child. I played for the Morristown Colonials then later for the youth Devils traveling team and played my HS hockey at Delbarton. Even after being shot and paralyzed I play sled hockey on occasion with the Freeze in Randolph. I go to plenty of Devils games and love my handicap seating right next to the cheerleaders! I learned in grade school that when you assume you make an @-s-s of u & me! I don't know about the me part, but your doing a good job on yourself!

Anyway, why should I explain myself to some guy making things up on the GMB? Since you got called on your BS excuses and your phantom 2 on 0's all the sudden you have to turn to personal insults with no basis. smh

Why do you keep going off topic? Do you have ADD? What does your defensemen scoring in the Ottawa series have to do with anything I said thus far? In fact what does your entire rant about us not winning this year, and "The King" coming back hungry, and 1994....have to do with anything I said?

I said Quick is better than Lundqvist! Period! that's my opinion. All of your ranting and personal insults is not gonna change that. No need for you to get all emotional about it! lol

By the way, all the "we're gonna be great! You'll see...." Is depressing! And for a team and fanbase that is constantly putting down the Devils you sure like our players!

It is also sad that you Rangers fans have to reminisce about 1994 in order to feel good! Both Rangers and Cowboys fans have that in common! ****y and still stuck in the '90s! smh

bandwgn86
06-08-2012, 02:33 PM

No, I love that rivalry.* And I love the Devils rivalry.* The Isles are probably going to move though and personally I hope they just go to Brooklyn, though Kansas City seems likely.* I would probably go to about 10 Isles games a year if they moved to Brooklyn and the Rangers/Isles rivalry would instantly intensify 10 fold.

* Regina and Halifax would be a lot better for hockey than Phx and Florida.*
Hamilton Tigers to
New York Americans to

The Isles were an expansion team that blocked the WHA from moving to Long Island in 1975.* The Amerks folded in 1942.*
ahh i see.. thanks for the info..

bandwgn86
06-08-2012, 02:37 PM
remember fellas were all Giants family here..

btw DV i love watchin sledge hockey.. i've seen some of the bruises and poke marks from the sticks.. tough mofos

bleeding blue
06-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Regarding DVision's comment about Rangers fans being stuck in the 90's...

That's BS, go to 20 games a year like me and talk to the die-hards. The '94 team was obviously a momentous time in our history but to say we are stuck and hang on to that one year is wrong. I will say that the Garden shows tons of replays of that season and MSG gave a thousand stats how this year reminded them so much of the 94 team.

I think '94 is being pushed on Rangers fans and the true die-hards want to live in the now and focus on this years team.

DVision
06-09-2012, 01:43 PM

That's BS, go to 20 games a year like me and talk to the die-hards. The '94 team was obviously a momentous time in our history but to say we are stuck and hang on to that one year is wrong. I will say that the Garden shows tons of replays of that season and MSG gave a thousand stats how this year reminded them so much of the 94 team.

I think '94 is being pushed on Rangers fans and the true die-hards want to live in the now and focus on this years team.

I shouldn't have spoke for all Rangers fans, but I was responding to The_New_York_Giants comment in which he mentioned how beating the Devils made '94 that much "sweeter" in his rant.

So either it's not BS or he's not a "die-hard fan" by your standards.

Also maybe not in this thread, but before and during the Devils - Rangers series it wasn't just the media referencing '94 constantly!

bleeding blue
06-09-2012, 02:26 PM

I shouldn't have spoke for all Rangers fans, but I was responding to The_New_York_Giants comment in which he mentioned how beating the Devils made '94 that much "sweeter" in his rant.

Also maybe not in this thread, but before and during the Devils - Rangers series it wasn't just the media referencing '94 constantly!
Winning the cup after knocking the Devils out definitely made that run more sweeter.
I think his point is more towards some Devils fans who are saying that "at least we knocked out the Rangers" in suffice of possibly losing in the Finals. That's a cowards way of looking at it, your goal is to win the cup, not just knock out your rivals; however if you DO win the cup, then knocking out your rivals makes it all that much better.

THE_New_York_Giants
06-09-2012, 04:11 PM

I don't recall nor am I reading me saying that beating the Devils made it that much sweeter. Putting words where there are none. 1994 was sweet because I had waited 27 years to see it. I could care less that we beat the Devils to do it.

Go back to cheering for the Devils and Jets buddy. This is a NYR thread. Go make a Devils thread to be a d*** in.

DVision
06-09-2012, 05:51 PM

I don't recall nor am I reading me saying that beating the Devils made it that much sweeter. Putting words where there are none. 1994 was sweet because I had waited 27 years to see it. I could care less that we beat the Devils to do it.

Go back to cheering for the Devils and Jets buddy. This is a NYR thread. Go make a Devils thread to be a d*** in.

Oh I see, now I'm a bandwagon Devils fan and a Jets fan? I can't be a Giants fan because I don't like the Rangers? Are you handing out the fan passes? Kinda pretentious of ya you think? smh

If I recall your the one who replied to my comment and had a conniption because I said Quick is better than your "King"!

Are you a mod? I'll comment wherever I want thank you! You could have easily ignored my initial comment. Like I said before that's my opinion!

And your calling me the d***! OK tough guy! lol

Redeyejedi
06-09-2012, 09:51 PM

Winning the cup after knocking the Devils out definitely made that run more sweeter.
I think his point is more towards some Devils fans who are saying that "at least we knocked out the Rangers" in suffice of possibly losing in the Finals. That's a cowards way of looking at it, your goal is to win the cup, not just knock out your rivals; however if you DO win the cup, then knocking out your rivals makes it all that much better.Of course u say that your team lost. I find it funny because all the **** Rangers fans talk about sweeping the devils after Game 1 how the Rangers were vastly superior . Nice to finish off the most undeserving 2 be smug franchise in the NHL

bandwgn86
06-10-2012, 09:56 AM
Nice win last night NJ

Marty's what now 4-0 in elimination games?

The Devils are sure making it hard to bet against them but LA takes the next one.

Quick looking a little shaky. Could be starting to choke..ala King Hank. ;)

Redeyejedi
06-10-2012, 10:14 AM
Nice win last night NJ

Marty's what now 4-0 in elimination games?

The Devils are sure making it hard to bet against them but LA takes the next one.

Quick looking a little shaky. Could be starting to choke..ala King Hank. ;)This is the best ive seen Broduer in years.
Parise and Kovlachuck have been stymied this whole finals. Kovlachuck scored on a empty netter and Parise on a freak deflection.Its all Broduer that have even forced a Game 6. Devils looked a little like the Rangers last night blocking all those shots

Sarcasman
06-11-2012, 08:33 PM

It's just a matter of getting hot at the right time.

Redeyejedi
06-11-2012, 09:53 PM
I want to stab Bernier in the face

Redeyejedi
06-11-2012, 09:58 PM
Bernier just took the worst penalty in NHL History. The Devils have stayed out of trouble the whole playoffs and it all came crashing down on 1 hit

NYGRealityCheck
06-11-2012, 10:04 PM
ROFL good night NJ Devils, 3-0 LA Kings on top first period.

Looks like they wanted to celebrate LA's first ever Stanley Cup in LA...

Nice try by the Devils btw...

Gmen2005
06-11-2012, 10:51 PM
Well, it looks like hockey is ending tonight. I'm excited for July 1st, and what free agency has to offer.

I'd love for the Rangers to go after Schultz.

THE_New_York_Giants
06-11-2012, 11:44 PM
Conn Smythe should go to the referees. This game was garbage. That coming from a Rangers fan.

THE_New_York_Giants
06-12-2012, 01:27 AM
Conn Smythe should go to the referees. This game was garbage. That coming from a Rangers fan.

Watching that celebration made me sick... I would rather the Devils win the cup than see a team get screwed over by the NHL like the Devils did. Absolutely sickening. This sport is almost as fixed as boxing though boxing is forever marred by that Manny Pacquiao loss

bandwgn86
06-12-2012, 08:10 AM
Sorry NJ fans..
You gave er a hell of a run..

Congrats LA

Redeyejedi
06-12-2012, 08:26 AM

Watching that celebration made me sick... I would rather the Devils win the cup than see a team get screwed over by the NHL like the Devils did. Absolutely sickening. This sport is almost as fixed as boxing though boxing is forever marred by that Manny Pacquiao lossWhy I agree .Bernier still didnt need to do that in Game 6 of the Finals. That was the worst time to take it 2. The Kings had come out with so much energy, Devils just needed to withstand that 1st period. I knew they were cooked as soon as the 5 minutes when up. Kings had great chances 5-5 early in that game. Soon as they had that advantage it was over. It was clear from the start the Kings were better then the Devils . Broduer played above himself for most of the series.

MikeIsaGiant
06-12-2012, 01:13 PM
Lol @ devils

THE_New_York_Giants
06-12-2012, 01:19 PM

Watching that celebration made me sick... I would rather the Devils win the cup than see a team get screwed over by the NHL like the Devils did. Absolutely sickening. This sport is almost as fixed as boxing though boxing is forever marred by that Manny Pacquiao lossWhy I agree .Bernier still didnt need to do that in Game 6 of the Finals. That was the worst time to take it 2. The Kings had come out with so much energy, Devils just needed to withstand that 1st period. I knew they were cooked as soon as the 5 minutes when up. Kings had great chances 5-5 early in that game. Soon as they had that advantage it was over. It was clear from the start the Kings were better then the Devils . Broduer played above himself for most of the series.
Stoll should have gotten the same penalty 3 seconds before Bernier did for his hit on Gionta. mother f***ing disgrace.