PDA

View Full Version : New York Rangers 2011-2012

Pages : [1] 2 3

Gmen2005
10-19-2011, 01:04 AM
I forgot to make this earlier this year. So far it's been a very slow start. Hopefully they can pick it up with a win in Vancouver.

Gmen2005
10-19-2011, 01:07 AM
What a goal by Rupp!

Gmen2005
10-19-2011, 03:36 PM
Awesome win. Henrik is the best goalie in the league.

Kase-1
10-19-2011, 03:40 PM
GREAT game by King Henrik, he really is the reason we were able to stop nearly 40 shots

McDonoguh was killin it last nite

And I have no idea what Doobie was thinking droppin em with Bielski last nite, all he did was hold on for dear life. C'mon Doob, hit up Jacobs and get a few boxing lessons, LOL

bandwgn86
10-19-2011, 03:53 PM
go Maple Leafs.. /sarcasm lol

i've adopted the Oilers as my temporary team to follow.. still chasin the dream of Hamilton getting a team :(

Kase-1
10-19-2011, 04:17 PM

i've adopted the Oilers as my temporary team to follow.. still chasin the dream of Hamilton getting a team :(What about Canada's newest team (to return home) The Winnipeg Jets??

You know my stance on Canada and the NHL, get the Nordiques back to Quebec then the next expansion teams should be in Canada and Northen Cities in the US. Other than a select few teams, the Sunbelt move hasnt worked for Bettman

bandwgn86
10-19-2011, 04:20 PM

i've adopted the Oilers as my temporary team to follow.. still chasin the dream of Hamilton getting a team :(What about Canada's newest team (to return home) The Winnipeg Jets??

You know my stance on Canada and the NHL, get the Nordiques back to Quebec then the next expansion teams should be in Canada and Northen Cities in the US.* Other than a select few teams, the Sunbelt move hasnt worked for Bettman
shoulda been Hamilton so i'm a little bitter over the Jets

hi Kase how was theee game?

Kase-1
10-19-2011, 04:25 PM

You know my stance on Canada and the NHL, get the Nordiques back to Quebec then the next expansion teams should be in Canada and Northen Cities in the US. Other than a select few teams, the Sunbelt move hasnt worked for Bettman

hi Kase how was theee game?I think Quebec deserves a team especially after their big stand at that Islanders game last year.

Oh man THEE game was outstanding, it was excellent hanging out with everyone and we couldnt have picked a more exciting game

bandwgn86
10-19-2011, 04:43 PM

You know my stance on Canada and the NHL, get the Nordiques back to Quebec then the next expansion teams should be in Canada and Northen Cities in the US.* Other than a select few teams, the Sunbelt move hasnt worked for Bettman

hi Kase how was theee game?I think Quebec deserves a team especially after their big stand at that Islanders game last year.

Oh man THEE game was outstanding, it was excellent hanging out with everyone and we couldnt have picked a more exciting game
what do you think about Houston as a market? i cant see that little nazi Bettman giving Canada 2 teams in a row.
wish i was at that game..

Kase-1
10-19-2011, 04:48 PM

what do you think about Houston as a market? i cant see that little nazi Bettman giving Canada 2 teams in a row.
wish i was at that game..I dont see it. I know its a big city with a large population but just look at how Atlanta and Phoenix did.

Then again I was wrong about LA being able to support 2 teams..... Bring back the Whalers!!!! (I loved their jersey's)

bandwgn86
10-19-2011, 04:50 PM

wish i was at that game..I dont see it.* I know its a big city with a large population but just look at how Atlanta and Phoenix did.*

Then again I was wrong about LA being able to support 2 teams..... Bring back the Whalers!!!! (I loved their jersey's)
lol.. heh whats going on with the Islanders?? they getting a new arena or are they next for relocation

Kase-1
10-19-2011, 04:52 PM
And I wont kid myself Bettman wont give Canada 2 teams in a row, he HATES the old tyme (Eddie Shore eh!!) fanbase

....Machine took my f'n quarter!!!

Kase-1
10-19-2011, 04:55 PM

wish i was at that game..I dont see it. I know its a big city with a large population but just look at how Atlanta and Phoenix did.

lol.. heh whats going on with the Islanders?? they getting a new arena or are they next for relocationIslanders arent getting a new arena in the county theyre in. If anything I could see them moving to Queens next to Citifield, begging to get in on the new arena in Brooklyn or even moving to Stamford or Bridgeport CT, one of those cities along I-95 in CT.

I just dont see them leaving the NY Metro area

bandwgn86
10-19-2011, 05:02 PM
hate to see Isle's leave but the fans gotta start showing up.. we'd take care of them up here ;)

Eddie Shore.. now theres a name i havent heard in a while.. Boston always gets the best defensemen lol

any mention of an Eddie usually is followed by Shack in these parts..

Kase-1
10-19-2011, 05:04 PM
hate to see Isle's leave but the fans gotta start showing up.. we'd take care of them up here ;)Id hate to see them leave cause I love the rivalry, but the only time their fans ever show up is when they play the Rangers and then again most of the people filling the seats are Rangers fans

bandwgn86
10-19-2011, 08:14 PM
hate to see Isle's leave but the fans gotta start showing up.. we'd take care of them up here ;)Id hate to see them leave cause I love the rivalry, but the only time their fans ever show up is when they play the Rangers and then again most of the people filling the seats are Rangers fans
wasnt to many rivalries in Hockey as intense imo..
hear Jerseys having some $$ problems aswell..
in 4 years Quebec will have built its brand new shiney empty arena just incase a team needs to move in a hurry...

Gmen2005
10-23-2011, 04:07 PM
bad loss last night. Time for the Rangers to wake up...

inexorably
10-29-2011, 07:40 PM
Same **** different year for this team.

Can't score on the power play...
Can't score hardly at all...

And when they do... like today against Ottawa... can't hold a lead.

Up 4-1 and let the sens score 3 goals in like 10 mins.

Looks like this season will be the same as last one.

Blueshirts will be looking to eek into the post season in the last few weeks to get the 8th spot in the East.

Pathetic.

Gmen2005
11-06-2011, 07:02 PM
Finally have power/internet [:)]

Good to see the Rangers playing well. Gotta beat the Jets tonight!

MikeIsaGiant
11-07-2011, 11:57 AM
Rangers with a 4 game winning streak, look like the New York Blues are doing work lately. Hopefully they keep the streak alive against Ottawa

Those looking to talk about rangers sports should message me, I am on a good forums where we talk about the rangers and many other stuff!

Gmen2005
11-18-2011, 01:07 AM
this team is getting hot!

inexorably
11-30-2011, 04:37 PM
Wow... 10-2 over the last 12 games.

Rangers are starting to make a believer out of me.

They look good. Only a quarter of the way through the season but hopefully they can keep up this intensity and hard work.

Great effort all around by everyone playing.

Beating the craps, cryers, and crybabies in their last three games... I'm impressed.

Kase-1
11-30-2011, 07:29 PM
Ducks winger Bobby Ryan said Tuesday he "wouldn't be surprised" if he were traded, possibly to the Rangers.</p>

Ryan told the Orange County Register (http://www.ocregister.com/sports/ryan-329230-ducks-team.html),
"If they feel like the Ducks are going to get better and I'm going to
get a chance to play somewhere else, I guess I would. But I'm certainly
not thinking about it day in and day out."</p>

Rangers general manager Glen Sather has been in touch with Ducks
counterpart Bob Murray regarding the availability of the 24-year-old
power winger.</p>

"At any time if we get offered a deal on any player that makes this
team better, we would have to take a long, hard look at that," Murray
told the newspaper.</p>

The Rangers, who toppled the Penguins 4-3 Tuesday night, have a
number of assets to send to the Ducks for Ryan, who will attract
considerable interest from big-time franchises throughout the league as
Anaheim (on streaks of 0-5, 0-6-1 and 1-10-3 in carrying a 6-13-4 record
into Wednesday’s match against Montreal) is seeking to replenish by
gaining a package of young, cap-friendly players in exchange for the
three-time 30-goal scorer.</p>

"In a perfect world, you get drafted and you stay with a team for
your career and you win (Stanley) Cups," Ryan told the newspaper. "At
the same time, it's the business side of things that all comes back to.
If they feel like it's got to be the right move for the team, then I'd
certainly welcome it."</p>

It is believed the Rangers consider Ryan Callahan, Derek Stepan, Marc
Staal (who has begun skating on his own), Dan Girardi, Ryan McDonagh
and Michael Sauer to be untouchables within the organization regarding
this particular scenario.</p>

Ryan, who has recorded 11 points (7-4) following last season’s
71-point performance (34-37), has been a part of the Ducks’ formidable
first-line that includes reigning Hart Trophy winner Corey Perry and
center Ryan Getzlaf. </p>

He is being moved to the third line for the game against the Canadiens.</p>

The 6-foot-2, 210-pound New Jersey native has three seasons following
this one remaining on a contract that carries a $5.1 million cap hit.
Ryan, a right-handed shot who can play either wing, is due to become an
unrestricted free agent following 2014-15 under the current collective
bargaining agreement that expires on Sept. 15, 2012.</p><div style="overflow: hidden; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-align: left; text-decoration: none; border: medium none;">
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/nhlblog/ducks_ryan_wouldn_be_surprised_by_DtHzgcWjJMFF2S2d 3vCpRJ#ixzz1fEapm7Gi

Anyone else excited????
</div>

Gmen2005
11-30-2011, 07:42 PM
I'd trade Dubi, a 1st and a few prospects for him. Sather has been known to fleece people in trades though.

Kase-1
11-30-2011, 07:52 PM
I'd trade Dubi, a 1st and a few prospects for him. Sather has been known to fleece people in trades though.
Uh oh, I just realized that him and King Henrik arent on that list, but I just assume Lundy is on the untouchable list

bandwgn86
11-30-2011, 08:01 PM
Ducks winger Bobby Ryan said Tuesday he "wouldn't be surprised" if he were traded, possibly to the Rangers.</P>

Anyone else excited????
</P>Leaf fans may say otherwise.. whats up Kase

Gmen2005
12-05-2011, 02:58 PM
This team is on fire right now.

MikeIsaGiant
12-05-2011, 11:27 PM
Getting a Henrik heritage and Brian Leetch throwback!!

bansaw
12-06-2011, 02:28 AM
BOOM

Leafs laying a *****slap

MikeIsaGiant
12-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Good game for the Leafs. Rangers played bad in the 1st period which led to the loss.

If you guys love the rangers, I have a very good website you would love to post on (forum)

Gmen2005
12-07-2011, 09:36 PM
Good game for the Leafs. Rangers played bad in the 1st period which led to the loss.

If you guys love the rangers, I have a very good website you would love to post on (forum)
definitely

Gmen2005
12-12-2011, 12:22 AM
at least this team has some heart.

inexorably
12-12-2011, 02:00 AM
Great win by the Blueshirts tonight against one of the top teams in the East.

This team looks really good.

They need to keep the intensity up and play this way in each game.

Lets Go Rangers!!!

Gmen2005
12-15-2011, 12:36 AM
WOW 24/7 was insane.

Absolutely love this series.

MikeIsaGiant
12-16-2011, 04:59 PM
24/7 was amazing, hey gmen did you sign up at the website?

Gmen2005
12-16-2011, 07:43 PM
Yeah, I did. Love the outline of the website, looking forward to some good chat.

MikeIsaGiant
12-18-2011, 09:13 PM
Yeah, I did. Love the outline of the website, looking forward to some good chat.

Let me know what your account username is

Gmen2005
01-02-2012, 02:43 AM
Winter classic tomorrow. 1st place in the division. This Rangers team is hungry.

bleeding blue
01-02-2012, 02:52 AM
Winter classic tomorrow. 1st place in the division. This Rangers team is hungry.

Rangers win IN Philly would cap off a great New Years weekend.

Let's Go Blueshirts!

Tomigooner
01-02-2012, 04:55 AM
Great sport day today.</P>

Giants won, when I come home I'll watch the game since it was on at 2.30am I couldn't watch it live.</P>

So I watch that, then Arsenal FC and finally Winter Classics.</P>

RagTime Blue
01-02-2012, 06:29 PM
I know the Rangers just took the lead in the third, but how badly does the NHL want a shootout?

bleeding blue
01-02-2012, 07:32 PM
I know the Rangers just took the lead in the third, but how badly does the NHL want a shootout?

After seeing some of those calls late in the third. The NHL REALLY wanted a shootout. The refs did everything in their power to give the Flyers the game. It Failed.

What a great 2 days it has been

Kase-1
01-02-2012, 07:39 PM
TERRIBLE job by their Philthy born n bred ref who they said actually played for the Little Flyers

NHL really did everything they could to push this game into a shootout. None the less, what a great game by our Rangers today

Gmen2005
01-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Thank God for Henrik

RagTime Blue
01-02-2012, 08:21 PM
Devils fan here. But Hockey fan too. Fantastic game on the big stage for both teams.

Games like this are an asset to the NHL (even though a shootout would've done even more).

Tomigooner
01-03-2012, 05:05 AM
Won against the ref and finish to the game, as much as it was shameful attempt to keep Flyers in the game, made it even sweeter in the end.</P>

Lundqvist and Rupp both were real heroes yesterday</P>

Gmen2005
01-10-2012, 04:04 PM
I love the way this team is playing right now. They're incredible.

inexorably
01-13-2012, 01:28 PM
2-4-1

Blueshirts record against Canadian teams in the Eastern Conference, not counting Winnipeg.

For some reason we cannot beat Montreal, Toronto, or Ottawa this season with any kind of consistency.

Rangers have 10 regulation losses on the season and almost half of them come from those three teams.

Should make bandwgn86 happy especially seeing as how the Rangers are playing Toronto tomorrow night and Montreal on Sunday.

Overall though, the team is playing really well. Big test will be on the 21st when we head to the bear's den in Boston and play the bruins. More than likely it will be for the top spot in the Eastern Conference.

MikeIsaGiant
01-18-2012, 05:56 PM
Went to the game against Nashville last night, sick game sick crowd. 3-0 we won.

I enjoyed it, me and my friends were loud as hell, Henrik was the standing ovation!

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/396521_2739440482443_1150329099_32343278_449000098 _n.jpg

bandwgn86
01-18-2012, 07:30 PM
2-4-1

Blueshirts record against Canadian teams in the Eastern Conference, not counting Winnipeg.

For some reason we cannot beat Montreal, Toronto, or Ottawa this season with any kind of consistency.

Rangers have 10 regulation losses on the season and almost half of them come from those three teams.

Should make bandwgn86 happy especially seeing as how the Rangers are playing Toronto tomorrow night and Montreal on Sunday.

Overall though, the team is playing really well. Big test will be on the 21st when we head to the bear's den in Boston and play the bruins. More than likely it will be for the top spot in the Eastern Conference.

only one you will have to worry about come playoff time is Ottawa.. the other 2 aint making the post season... </P>

lol @ Leaf Fans</P>

and to Montreal Fans..stay calm its only one year...dont burn your city down.. </P>

bleeding blue
01-21-2012, 05:46 PM
Huge win for the blueshirts today! (or as Ken Daneyko says the 'bluesh*ts')

Gabby with 2 big ones and Hank another solid game. I HATE the B's, they have a bunch of punks/rats/goons on their team. Marchand, Lucic, Chara, Ference, McQuaid..big win!

bandwgn86
01-27-2012, 08:55 AM
I know it's hard to think anything but football right now but what do you fellow puck heads think about the NHL all star game..specifically having the captians pick their team?

I think they should go a step further and let the fans pick..

Kase-1
01-27-2012, 11:01 AM
I know it's hard to think anything but football right now but what do you fellow puck heads think about the NHL all star game..specifically having the captians pick their team?

I think they should go a step further and let the fans pick..I wish they would work the NHL All-Star game around the Super Bowl. This weekend is when they should have the best NHL games, not 5 days off where we have no football OR hockey!!!!

Bettman Sucks!!!!

bandwgn86
01-27-2012, 12:55 PM
I know it's hard to think anything but football right now but what do you fellow puck heads think about the NHL all star game..specifically having the captians pick their team? I think they should go a step further and let the fans pick..I wish they would work the NHL All-Star game around the Super Bowl. This weekend is when they should have the best NHL games, not 5 days off where we have no football OR hockey!!!!

Bettman Sucks!!!!
i agree with everything especially the Bettman sucking part.. damn littleice Nazi</P>

also since in general the Allstar game is boring.. why not make that the outdoor classic.. </P>

THE_New_York_Giants
01-27-2012, 12:58 PM
I know it's hard to think anything but football right now but what do you fellow puck heads think about the NHL all star game..specifically having the captians pick their team? I think they should go a step further and let the fans pick..I wish they would work the NHL All-Star game around the Super Bowl. This weekend is when they should have the best NHL games, not 5 days off where we have no football OR hockey!!!!

Bettman Sucks!!!!
i agree with everything especially the Bettman sucking part.. damn littleice Nazi</p>

also since in general the Allstar game is boring.. why not make that the outdoor classic.. </p>
The fans shouldnt pick the All-Stars. If they did, Lundqvist wouldn't be in the ASG, and Lundqvist is, and has been the best goalie in the league. He is still the most underrated guy in the league IMO. He was 8th in All star voting among fans for goalies, which is an atrocity.

bandwgn86
01-27-2012, 02:13 PM

Bettman Sucks!!!!
i agree with everything especially the Bettman sucking part.. damn littleice Nazi</P>

also since in general the Allstar game is boring.. why not make that the outdoor classic.. </P>
The fans shouldnt pick the All-Stars. If they did, Lundqvist wouldn't be in the ASG, and Lundqvist is, and has been the best goalie in the league. He is still the most underrated guy in the league IMO. He was 8th in All star voting among fans for goalies, which is an atrocity.
no imeant fans pick the teams.. once all the selections are made who is going to the All Star game let the fans pick what team picks what player..

MikeIsaGiant
01-27-2012, 02:19 PM
I know it's hard to think anything but football right now but what do you fellow puck heads think about the NHL all star game..specifically having the captians pick their team? I think they should go a step further and let the fans pick..I wish they would work the NHL All-Star game around the Super Bowl.* This weekend is when they should have the best NHL games, not 5 days off where we have no football OR hockey!!!!

Bettman Sucks!!!!
i agree with everything especially the Bettman sucking part.. damn little*ice Nazi*</P>

The fans shouldnt pick the All-Stars.* If they did, Lundqvist wouldn't be in the ASG, and Lundqvist is, and has been the best goalie in the league.* He is still the most underrated guy in the league IMO.* He was 8th in All star voting among fans for goalies, which is an atrocity. **
no imeant fans pick the teams.. once all the selections are made who is going to the All Star game let the fans pick what team picks what player..

Why? I like this way, it's fine. Plus the NHL all-star game is horrible just like the pro bowl.

Middle of the season game, these players aren't allowed to even to touch other with their skates.

Watch the NHL skillss completition, I think it's tonight, it's awesome

Kase-1
01-27-2012, 02:25 PM

Bettman Sucks!!!!
i agree with everything especially the Bettman sucking part.. damn littleice Nazi</p>

also since in general the Allstar game is boring.. why not make that the outdoor classic.. </p>

Why? I like this way, it's fine. Plus the NHL all-star game is horrible just like the pro bowl.

Middle of the season game, these players aren't allowed to even to touch other with their skates.

Watch the NHL skillss completition, I think it's tonight, it's awesomeIm a fan of the skills competition as well

I would rather have the old east vs west format

bandwgn86
01-27-2012, 02:34 PM

Bettman Sucks!!!!

no imeant fans pick the teams.. once all the selections are made who is going to the All Star game let the fans pick what team picks what player..<FONT size=4> Why? I like this way, it's fine</FONT>. Plus the NHL all-star game is horrible just like the pro bowl. Middle of the season game, these players aren't allowed to even to touch other with their skates. Watch the NHL skillss completition, I think it's tonight, it's awesomewas just thinking about waysfor the NHL tomakemoney..fans text over their picks

inexorably
01-28-2012, 04:02 PM
Honestly... I'm not a huge fan of the All Star Game... I do like how they have team captains pick their teams. Having the fans pick the teams would definitely create more interest I would think but the game would still be a limited exhibition game... much like the NFL Pro Bowl.

I know the All Star Game is glamorous and exciting for some but to me hockey is about rough, gritty, painful play with a mix of nastiness and hatred at times.

Trying to make the game sexy and mass appealing... with skills competitions and the like... well, its just not my thing. I understand that the league needs to do these things to draw in viewers and support though.

Having said all that, I'll still watch it probably.

The Winter Classic game and the 24/7 HBO lead up to the game is way more exciting for me... and this year being the Blueshirts beating the cryers... was the best... of course I'm biased.

Gmen2005
01-29-2012, 03:56 PM
I was pretty disappointed with the all star events. Fastest skater format was pretty bad this year.

inexorably
02-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Great win against the cryers today... was a hard hitting, angry game and we came out on top.

Blueshirts did their part...

Big Blue needs to do their part in a few hours.

Lets Go Rangers!!!
Lets Go Giants!!!

Kase-1
02-06-2012, 03:06 AM
I think we need to play the Flyers every SB Sunday, back in 07 we played the flyers on SB sunday, beat them silly then our G-Men won the SB!!!!!

Gmen2005
02-06-2012, 03:34 AM
Could you guys imagine if the Rangers make a run these year? What a year for New York Sports. Yanks look good too

My mets....eh not so much [:D]

aznNYG86
02-06-2012, 04:34 AM
Yea if only the Knicks could pull off something this season but I seriously doubt it.

PhilaGiant83
02-06-2012, 09:14 AM
I loved yesterday's beating on the Cryers! It's a dream to see them go on a run like this....

bLuereverie
02-06-2012, 02:42 PM
Now the Giants season has ended triumphantly, the Rangers can resume my sports fix.

THE_New_York_Giants
02-06-2012, 05:15 PM
Now that we have the Lombardi, I'm hoping to watch Lundqvist take a drink of champagne from Lord Stanley's Cup in June.

Gmen2005
02-06-2012, 05:32 PM
Now that we have the Lombardi, I'm hoping to watch Lundqvist take a drink of champagne from Lord Stanley's Cup in June.
He deserves a cup so much.

MikeIsaGiant
02-07-2012, 12:28 AM
Paint this city blue baby, NYR for stanley cup 12!

THE_New_York_Giants
02-07-2012, 11:03 AM

He also deserves the Hart and the Vezina.

Gmen2005
02-09-2012, 08:09 PM

He also deserves the Hart and the Vezina.
Definitely.
Hopefully they can bounce back against the lightning.

THE_New_York_Giants
02-10-2012, 03:11 AM
great win today. That last goal was freaking sick. I jumped up and let go of my beer and had a mess to clean up lol.

Kase-1
02-10-2012, 10:41 AM
AMAZING game winner by Brad Richards last nite

I hate that The 2011 Super Bowl Champion NY Giants season is over, but Im happy that Puck Season can finally start

MikeIsaGiant
02-10-2012, 11:45 AM
Some awesome Ranger fans here....

For an awesome Ranger forum experience, join

blueshirtsbrotherhood.com

It's a cool place to talk about hockey

Kase-1
02-11-2012, 06:25 PM
AMAZING game vs the Philthy Flyers today, and every one of the last 7 wins we've had against them.

Our guys are extremely cohesive as a team and we're working like a well oiled machine... At least we got something to look foward to since the Giants season is over

Gmen2005
02-15-2012, 01:38 AM
Henrik better with the Vezina this year. Guy is flat out dominating in net.

bLuereverie
02-15-2012, 08:17 AM

I don't think it's close.

bandwgn86
02-17-2012, 01:12 AM
Giants win SB
Rangers playing very well
some dude name Lynn making headlines for the Knicks... its a NY kinda year

and if the Yanks somehow trade AJ thats almost parade worthy right there..

MikeIsaGiant
02-17-2012, 11:28 AM

I don't think it's close.

Some really good netminders out there that have helped out their teams a lot.

I think it's close, but Henrik should be the Vezina winner, he's been awesome.

7 Shutouts, damn

bgblucru5656
02-17-2012, 11:33 AM
isnt there a rangers message board page? lets stay on topic here please. giants football

bandwgn86
02-17-2012, 09:31 PM
isnt there a rangers message board page? lets stay on topic here please. giants football
lol... what does "general sports section" mean to you?

bLuereverie
02-18-2012, 10:28 AM
lol... what does "general sports section" mean to you?

I don't have the time to join 6 forums.

Gmen2005
02-18-2012, 10:34 PM
Can't decide if I want them to go for Nash. He'd be a big upgrade, but I like the chemistry with this team right now. I don't know if it's worth it.

Voldamort
02-18-2012, 10:47 PM
I forgot to make this earlier this year. So far it's been a very slow start. Hopefully they can pick it up with a win in Vancouver.
the Rangers will win the cup and Henrik will be the playoff MVP!!

slipknottin
02-19-2012, 02:58 AM
Can't decide if I want them to go for Nash. He'd be a big upgrade, but I like the chemistry with this team right now. I don't know if it's worth it.

Why do they need a big upgrade when they are the best team in the league?

Why screw with what they have working right now. And I would absolutely hate to see them part with some of their young talent like Kreider.

Besides, Nash's contract is like 7.5 mil a season for the next 6 years. That eliminates any chance the rangers would have of resigning any of the younger guys.

bandwgn86
02-23-2012, 04:44 PM
i'd be a little worried.. skill level theres not many like Nash but he's been hasnt been in a market like NY.. he seems like he's the kinda guy that doesnt like the bright lights and big media cities..</P>

but hard to pass up on the oportunity to get one of the leaguestop wingers.. esp if he can playon a linewith Gaby and Richards.. thats a killer line. </P>

Gmen2005
02-24-2012, 04:52 PM
Have to beat the islanders tonight.

bleeding blue
02-24-2012, 05:02 PM
Have to beat the islanders tonight.

expecting Dubi to score as he continually hears his name in trade rumors.

MikeIsaGiant
02-25-2012, 11:38 AM
This team obviously needs help. Nash or not Nash, we need a prolific scorer/guy on the left-wing.

I'd go for Nash if Dubinsky, Erixon/Miller, and a 1st round pick was the package.

Team is in a WIN NOW mode, getting Nash with this package won't necessarily hurt us future wise because we still have some nice prospects to bring up, especially Kreider

bleeding blue
02-25-2012, 01:58 PM
I keep wanting/expecting Dubi to break out and score some goals, he just can't.
And yeah this team needs offense badly, im all for nash

Voldamort
02-25-2012, 02:10 PM
I wish the trading deadline was over and this team could go back to playing hockey?Trade him don't trade him but, move on!They need to sign Kreider and let him play the last 15 games of the year! Sean Avery needs to be on this team right now they need a spark!Henrik can't do it all himself,they need some help from all! Dubi,Steph,Anes,Boyle and Richards have to start scoring!Torts needs to stop worring about the ref's and move on! Play some hockey starting tonight vs.the Sabres!!! Just win !!!

MikeIsaGiant
02-25-2012, 02:19 PM
I wish the trading deadline was over and this team could go back to playing hockey?Trade him don't trade him but, move on!They need to sign Kreider and let him play the last 15 games of the year! Sean Avery needs to be on this team right now they need a spark!Henrik can't do it all himself,they need some help from all! Dubi,Steph,Anes,Boyle and Richards have to start scoring!Torts needs to stop worring about the ref's and move on! Play some hockey starting tonight vs.the Sabres!!! Just win !!!

Everything you typed was "ifs" and oh god you're delusional if you want Avery back.

Anyway in the meantime.

Wolski traded to the Florida Panthers for 3rd round pick in 2013 and AHLer Mike Vernace.

Beast of a move

And this is PER Mckenzie on twitter, too lazy for link because I am still looking around sources for updates

THE_New_York_Giants
02-25-2012, 04:04 PM
Ideally they get Brown from LA and maybe reach for Selanne/Whitney. Then they would be set without Nash's awful contract

MikeIsaGiant
02-27-2012, 09:33 AM
Ideally they get Brown from LA and maybe reach for Selanne/Whitney. Then they would be set without Nash's awful contract

I believe Brown's contract is awful too?

If not, he's a good fit, but Selanne already said he's going nowhere. He will retire a Duck, if he doesn't I'd be really surprised

And i'd love whitney here

Gmen2005
02-27-2012, 04:57 PM
Didn't get Nash, but I'm totally fine with that. Apparently Sather offered a lot, and they still rejected it.

MikeIsaGiant
02-29-2012, 09:39 AM
Didn't get Nash, but I'm totally fine with that. Apparently Sather offered a lot, and they still rejected it.

Same, I thought the offer wasn't bad. The offer that Howson wanted was even worse and I think that's why Sather got out of the talks.

This team should be fine, but I don't think they'll win the Cup this year. next year looks more promising if we pick up a LW in the offseason

bandwgn86
02-29-2012, 05:57 PM
, but I don't think they'll win the Cup this year. next year looks more promising you are probably right.. im assuming Rangers were interested in Nash not only for skill but size as well</P>

Bruins and Flyers may grind you guys out with their size upfront.. plus they have more Canucks on their team so good luck...[:)]</P>

inexorably
03-02-2012, 11:10 PM
**** game against Tampa Bay...
team looked like a pile of ****

Henrik letting in 4 goals?
Out shot 30+ to 17 or some ****?

Terrible. This is the kind of crap that gets on my nerves.

This team struggles against other teams that are up to play them.
Doesn't matter if they're a playoff, non-playoff or worst team in the league. If the team playing the Rangers is ready and intense.. the Blueshirts struggle.

I guess I should be happy about getting a point in the game but no way should a top tier team get dominated like they did against a non playoff team.

slipknottin
03-02-2012, 11:11 PM
they looked tired to me.

You're awfully critical of a team in first place, who still got a point out of the game.

Gmen2005
03-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Great win today.

MikeIsaGiant
03-05-2012, 11:37 AM
Every game is tough.

You are awfully critical @inexorably.

They are in 1st place for a reason, and they might break a points record. Be happy. New York fans typically are never satisfied

Gmen2005
03-09-2012, 05:10 PM
Looks like this team is slumping a bit. They can fix it, they just have to stop with so many turnovers.

MikeIsaGiant
03-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Looks like this team is slumping a bit. They can fix it, they just have to stop with so many turnovers.

Better now than later!

Gmen2005
03-09-2012, 06:01 PM

Better now than later!
definitely. They'll figure it out. Torts won't let this go on. Hopefully they get a win tonight in Chicago.

inexorably
03-09-2012, 10:45 PM
I am critical of this team.

And I feel it is justified. I have been an fan of the Blueshirts for over 30 years and yes I am happy that they are playing the type of hockey I feel they are capable of... for the most part.

But when you see **** performances like the last two games against NJ and Ottawa... how can you not be critical?

I really like the general direction this team is heading but it drives me nuts to see how piss poor our power play is... we have been in the bottom five of the entire NHL on the power play this season... imagine if we were just average on the PP...

Also, Pittsburgh isn't goin away any time soon and at the start of the games tonight they are 6pts back.

So, yea, maybe I am critical of this team but I am like that with the Giants and the Yankees as well. Doesn't mean I'm not happy for the most part with what they have done but, being a fan of successful NY teams... Anything less than a championship is a failure in my opinion.

Of course, considering how mediocre the Rangers have been over the past decade, a deep playoff run would be a successful season in my opinion and would make for a bright future.

EDIT: pens 4pts back now... hard not to be critical after a third loss in regulation and blowing the game in the final 8 mins.

MikeIsaGiant
03-10-2012, 11:15 AM
Been playing like ****, I rather them slump now than come near playoff time. I am sure they'll get back , watch

Gmen2005
03-11-2012, 09:02 PM
Been playing like ****, I rather them slump now than come near playoff time. I am sure they'll get back , watch
Hope so. I think they may lose the number one seed though.

MikeIsaGiant
03-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Hope so. I think they may lose the number one seed though.

It's a possibility, I wouldn't doubt it.

Penguins are strong and on fire, but you'd think they'd slump eventually too.

As long as we're in the playoffs and around 1-3, maybe 4, i'm okay with it.

To go from 1 to 5 would be a huge disappointment.

ATo be honest, I rather be #2 than #1, but I also want to be deemed division winners as well, so I'd hope it isnt the penguins who pass us.

I feel if we take the #1 seed, we'll have a tough time playing the #8, especially since #8 teams always almost play on fire.

Plus Washington could very easily be the #8 seed which I am worried about playing in a 7 game series again.

Unless we get Winnipeg, we could definitely beat them in a 7 game series

MikeIsaGiant
03-14-2012, 03:39 PM
So went ot the game last night.

Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik line is AMAZING.

If torts doesn't keep this line-up, he's crazy

bandwgn86
03-14-2012, 04:17 PM
Sidney "Ranger Killer" Crosby back in the line up for Thursdays game.. 5 point night im guessin

Kase-1
03-14-2012, 06:37 PM
Sidney "Ranger Killer" Crosby back in the line up for Thursdays game.. 5 point night im guessinBickel is gonna look at him and that puss is gonna get another concussion

bandwgn86
03-15-2012, 02:43 PM
Sidney "Ranger Killer" Crosby back in the line up for Thursdays game.. 5 point night im guessinBickel is gonna look at him and that puss is gonna get another concussion
is this before or after he scores 3 goals? you missed him, admit it

inexorably
03-17-2012, 10:48 PM
2-5 in their last 7 games and it doesn't get any easier with New Jersey, Detroit, and barffalo coming up.

This team is ****ting the bed at the worst time.

Made that avs goalie look like goddamn Dominic Hasek in net.

Keep hearing how great our defense is but then they leave the rookie avs player alone in front of Henrik for the second goal and the first goal against the Blueshirts... some rookie made Bickel look stupid.

Not looking good heading into the final weeks of the season.

Gmen2005
03-20-2012, 09:04 PM
I love Zuc back on this team, really brought a spark back.

inexorably
03-21-2012, 11:28 PM
Two good wins against NJ and Detroit tonight.

Playoff atmosphere in both and thats how the Blueshirts need to keep playing if they want to take first in the conference and go deep in the playoffs.

Lets Go Rangers!

MikeIsaGiant
03-21-2012, 11:50 PM
2-5 in their last 7 games and it doesn't get any easier with New Jersey, Detroit, and barffalo coming up.

This team is ****ting the bed at the worst time.

Made that avs goalie look like goddamn Dominic Hasek in net.

Keep hearing how great our defense is but then they leave the rookie avs player alone in front of Henrik for the second goal and the first goal against the Blueshirts... some rookie made Bickel look stupid.

Not looking good heading into the final weeks of the season.

lol.

MikeIsaGiant
03-21-2012, 11:50 PM
I love Zuc back on this team, really brought a spark back.

I've always loved Zuccs, I hope they keep him up. Speedy guy and definitely makes nice passes

Gmen2005
04-03-2012, 06:37 PM
Can clinch the 1st seed tonight! Gotta get at least one point vs. the Flyers.

MikeIsaGiant
04-03-2012, 11:31 PM
too easy.

Gmen2005
04-04-2012, 12:44 AM
If the Canucks lose tonight, the rangers only need 2 points to clinch the Presidents' trophy.

MikeIsaGiant
04-08-2012, 10:36 PM
ottawa won't be a walk in the park

Gmen2005
04-09-2012, 03:59 PM
ottawa won't be a walk in the park

totally agree, but I'm happier about going up against them than playing a capitals team with a red hot Ovechkin. I think they can win the series in 6

bandwgn86
04-09-2012, 04:26 PM
and now Hockey begins</P>

looking forward to watching Pens/Flyers.. should be a bloodbath</P>

Boston should manhandle Washington</P>

you guys should beat Ottawa fairly easily</P>

Devils/Panthers? irrelevant.</P>

</P>

a 94 Stanley Cup rematch would be cool, one of my all time favourite games is the game 7 of that series.. still remember the sound of the puck hitting the Rangers post late in the 3rd period. </P>

Gmen2005
04-09-2012, 04:31 PM
and now Hockey begins</p>

looking forward to watching Pens/Flyers.. should be a bloodbath</p>

Boston should manhandle Washington</p>

you guys should beat Ottawa fairly easily</p>

Devils/Panthers? irrelevant.</p>

</p>

a 94 Stanley Cup rematch would be cool, one of my all time favourite games is the game 7 of that series.. still remember the sound of the puck hitting the Rangers post late in the 3rd period. </p>
I'd love a 94 rematch. I think the SCF will be the Pens and the Canucks though.

bandwgn86
04-09-2012, 05:57 PM

</P>

a 94 Stanley Cup rematch would be cool, one of my all time favourite games is the game 7 of that series.. still remember the sound of the puck hitting the Rangers post late in the 3rd period. </P>
whomever it be facing the Canucks, please let Vancouver win so they dont burn down their city again..

Gmen2005
04-09-2012, 07:47 PM
and now Hockey begins</p>

looking forward to watching Pens/Flyers.. should be a bloodbath</p>

Boston should manhandle Washington</p>

you guys should beat Ottawa fairly easily</p>

Devils/Panthers? irrelevant.</p>

</p>

a 94 Stanley Cup rematch would be cool, one of my all time favourite games is the game 7 of that series.. still remember the sound of the puck hitting the Rangers post late in the 3rd period. </p>
whomever it be facing the Canucks, please let Vancouver win so they dont burn down their city again..

haha could you imagine if was a 94 rematch and the rangers won in Vancouver? I would assume only half the rangers would make it back to NY.

MikeIsaGiant
04-10-2012, 11:01 AM
As much as I want, I cant believe Penguins will go that far only because the Philly series will be too difficult.
Win or lose, it will be hard for them. I think the Penguins will win game 7 of that series but they will be so battered by the end of that series.

I think we got Ottawa in game 5 or game 6. If they beat us, our season was an epic fail in my opinion.

Devils should steamroll the Panthers, and well Bruins will probably destroy thecapitals.

That defense will rip apart the Caps

As for the Western conference, I think Vancouver is down on my list for wgetting to the StanleyCup Finals.

I say Blues or Nashville

bandwgn86
04-10-2012, 03:13 PM
<FONT size=5>As much as I want, I cant believe Penguins will go that far only because the Philly series will be too difficult. Win or lose, it will be hard for them. I think the Penguins will win game 7 of that series but they will be so battered by the end of that series.</FONT> I think we got Ottawa in game 5 or game 6. If they beat us, our season was an epic fail in my opinion. Devils should steamroll the Panthers, and well Bruins will probably destroy thecapitals. That defense will rip apart the Caps As for the Western conference, I think Vancouver is down on my list for wgetting to the StanleyCup Finals. I say Blues or Nashvillei agree completely..Pens were my fav to win but this match up is a killer.. Boston will repeat imo..

bandwgn86
04-10-2012, 03:15 PM

</P>

haha could you imagine if was a 94 rematch and the rangers won in Vancouver? I would assume only half the rangers would make it back to NY.
losing a SC final twice in a row? in Vancouver? dont even want to think about the carnage

DVision
04-10-2012, 03:38 PM
LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!

bandwgn86
04-11-2012, 12:29 PM
I'm going tochange my pick andtake a big upset w/Ottawa FTW this series.. mostly cuz i'd like to see an all Canadian final but if there is a series that could be an upset,this one maybe it.</P>

Ottawa is 11-2-2 when playing at MSG.. interesting stat.. not that i put a lot of stock in regular season wins.. </P>

bandwgn86
04-11-2012, 12:34 PM
LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!enjoy it, you wont get past second round [:)]</P>

also, what happening with your team finacially? being hearing lots of rumors the franchise is not to stable.. yah know, my city has a nice arena that would like tobe home toa NHL team..</P>

MikeIsaGiant
04-11-2012, 12:58 PM
I'm going to*change my pick and*take a big upset w/Ottawa FTW this series.. mostly cuz i'd like to see an all Canadian final but if there is a series that could be an upset,this one maybe it.</P>

Ottawa is 11-2-2 when playing at MSG.. interesting stat.. not that i put a lot of stock in regular season wins.. </P>

Regular season wins don't mean anything in the post-season.

Ottawa shouldn't even be in the playoffs honestly. They are 1 and done. I don't see them getting past anyone.

Biggest upset in the East is obviously NJD over FLA, but it's predicted they'd win anyway.

bandwgn86
04-11-2012, 01:15 PM
I'm going tochange my pick andtake a big upset w/Ottawa FTW this series.. mostly cuz i'd like to see an all Canadian final but if there is a series that could be an upset,this one maybe it.</P>

Regular season wins don't mean anything in the post-season. Ottawa shouldn't even be in the playoffs honestly. They are 1 and done. I don't see them getting past anyone. Biggest upset in the East is obviously NJD over FLA, but it's predicted they'd win anyway.i agree about regular season wins.. </P>

not sure why Ottawa shouldnt be in playoffs(unless you mean 8 playoff spots is too many, than i'll agree again)</P>

and NJDover FLA is not a upset.. they (NJ)had almost 10 morewins and FLA is in a weak division</P>

Gmen2005
04-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Hate to say this but,

Lets go Flyers!

Kase-1
04-11-2012, 01:21 PM
I'm going tochange my pick andtake a big upset w/Ottawa FTW this series.. mostly cuz i'd like to see an all Canadian final but if there is a series that could be an upset,this one maybe it.</p>

Ottawa is 11-2-2 when playing at MSG.. interesting stat.. not that i put a lot of stock in regular season wins.. </p>[:@]

bandwgn86
04-11-2012, 01:26 PM

Ottawa is 11-2-2 when playing at MSG.. interesting stat.. not that i put a lot of stock in regular season wins.. </P>[:@][:D] go Sens

bandwgn86
04-11-2012, 01:28 PM
Hate to say this but,

Lets go Flyers!
i may pretend im sick so i can leave work early to see this game.. should be a great series. Pens win but there will be blood

Kase-1
04-11-2012, 01:36 PM
I'm going tochange my pick andtake a big upset w/Ottawa FTW this series.. mostly cuz i'd like to see an all Canadian final but if there is a series that could be an upset,this one maybe it.</p>

Ottawa is 11-2-2 when playing at MSG.. interesting stat.. not that i put a lot of stock in regular season wins.. </p>[:@][:D] go SensThe way the Rangers are playing they're gonna bring it to the sens and probably win out in 5

How did your Hamilton Bulldogs do this season, they in the playoffs??

Kase-1
04-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Hate to say this but,

Lets go Flyers!
i may pretend im sick so i can leave work early to see this game.. should be a great series. Pens win but there will be bloodI hate those 2 teams so much, I hope they bash each others brains out and get all their stars banged up for the next round

bandwgn86
04-11-2012, 01:45 PM

[:@][:D] go SensThe way the Rangers are playing they're gonna bring it to the sens and probably win out in 5

How did your Hamilton Bulldogs do this season, they in the playoffs??
very likely..</P>

dont really follow AHL tbh..but i hear they suck and missed the playoffs. Canadiens had a badseason so i imagine they stole alot of players from the 'Dogs throughout the year.. </P>

bandwgn86
04-11-2012, 01:46 PM
Hate to say this but,

Lets go Flyers!
i may pretend im sick so i can leave work early to see this game.. should be a great series. Pens win but there will be bloodI hate those 2 teams so much, I hope they bash each others brains out and get all their stars banged up for the next round
your scared of Sid vs Rangers.. dont blame yah [;)]

Kase-1
04-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Hate to say this but,

Lets go Flyers!
your scared of Sid vs Rangers.. dont blame yah [;)]He should be scared that Torts is gonna hop over the bench and whoop him, he hates cindy as much as I do if not more

MikeIsaGiant
04-11-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm going to*change my pick and*take a big upset w/Ottawa FTW this series.. mostly cuz i'd like to see an all Canadian final but if there is a series that could be an upset,this one maybe it.</P>

Regular season wins don't mean anything in the post-season. Ottawa shouldn't even be in the playoffs honestly. They are 1 and done. I don't see them getting past anyone. Biggest upset in the East is obviously NJD over FLA, but it's predicted they'd win anyway.i agree about regular season wins.. </P>

not sure why Ottawa shouldnt be in playoffs*(unless you mean 8 playoff spots is too many, than i'll agree again)*</P>

and NJD*over FLA is not a upset.. they (NJ)*had almost 10 more*wins and FLA is in a weak division</P>

Because Ottawa isn't as good as their record says they are.

Their goalies will be the demise of them. Henrik will out beat them every game.

bandwgn86
04-11-2012, 02:01 PM
Hate to say this but,

Lets go Flyers!
your scared of Sid vs Rangers.. dont blame yah [;)]He should be scared that Torts is gonna hop over the bench and whoop him, he hates cindy as much as I do if not more
this Cindy?
http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww219/bbobberson/97439467_10.jpg

MikeIsaGiant
04-11-2012, 02:04 PM
I'm sure NO Ranger fan is scared of Cindy.

What we're scared of is playing against the Penguins and the referees at the same time.

Sorry if you don't agree, but it's the truth. Torts and several other coaches know it. It's not a secret anymore that the referees always favor them

bandwgn86
04-11-2012, 02:05 PM

not sure why Ottawa shouldnt be in playoffs*(unless you mean 8 playoff spots is too many, than i'll agree again)*</P>

and NJD*over FLA is not a upset.. they (NJ)*had almost 10 more*wins and FLA is in a weak division</P>

Their goalies will be the demise of them. Henrik will out beat them every game.probably, but whom do you think should be 8th? Tampa/Winnipeg? certainly not Toronto/Montreal/Carolina or the Isle's

MikeIsaGiant
04-11-2012, 02:12 PM

Their goalies will be the demise of them. Henrik will out beat them every game.probably, but whom do you think should be 8th? Tampa/Winnipeg? certainly not Toronto/Montreal/Carolina or the Isle's

None of them, they all suck.

Tampa Bay still has problems with goaltending, Winnipeg was doing well thsi season until the end.

Ottawa is fit to be #8, but a good #8? Definitely not IMO.

They'll be like last year's Rangers, a #8 seed who seemed liek they could upset the #1 seed, but definitely couldnt pull it off in the end.

Ottawa will be tough for the Rangers, but the Rangers should close this in game 5 or 6

bandwgn86
04-11-2012, 02:12 PM

What we're scared of is playing against the Penguins and the referees at the same time.

Sorry if you don't agree, but it's the truth. Torts and several other coaches know it. It's not a secret anymore that the referees always favor themshould be scared, he brings it against the Rangers.. i believe he is a carreer +20 vs NY

bandwgn86
04-11-2012, 02:14 PM
alot of speed on The Sens.. major disadvantage is inexperience since they are a young team

Gmen2005
04-11-2012, 02:20 PM

Sorry if you don't agree, but it's the truth. Torts and several other coaches know it. It's not a secret anymore that the referees always favor themshould be scared, he brings it against the Rangers.. i believe he is a carreer +20 vs NY
I'm more afraid of Malkin. He seems to score every game vs the Rangers.

bandwgn86
04-11-2012, 02:28 PM
I'm sure NO Ranger fan is scared of Cindy. What we're scared of is playing against the Penguins and the referees at the same time. Sorry if you don't agree, but it's the truth. Torts and several other coaches know it. It's not a secret anymore that the referees always favor themshould be scared, he brings it against the Rangers.. i believe he is a carreer +20 vs NY
I'm more afraid of Malkin. He seems to score every game vs the Rangers.
</P>

Crosby 20g 37a in 40 games</P>

Malkin 18g 14a in 36 games</P>

</P>

seems they both own NY [;)]</P>

MikeIsaGiant
04-11-2012, 02:37 PM
Weird... because Henrik pretty much puts great statistics against the Penguins...

4 GP 2 wins, 2 losses against the Penguins in 2011-2012 with a SV % of .931

And in 2010, 5 GP, 4 wins and 1 loss, with a SV % of .926

Malkin and Crosby don't own anyone. Bunch of whiny puss faces anyway

And pretty much all of your statistics are before 2010 anyway, when the Rangers were awful.

He's been shaky

bandwgn86
04-11-2012, 02:43 PM
Weird... because Henrik pretty much puts great statistics against the Penguins... 4 GP 2 wins, 2 losses against the Penguins in 2011-2012 with a SV % of .931 And in 2010, 5 GP, 4 wins and 1 loss, with a SV % of .926 Malkin and Crosby don't own anyone. Bunch of whiny puss faces anyway And pretty much all of your statistics are before 2010 anyway, when the Rangers were awful. He's been shakynope they are current..Crosby's been out for a bit so that would explain Henrik being okay

MikeIsaGiant
04-11-2012, 02:48 PM
Weird... because Henrik pretty much puts great statistics against the Penguins... 4 GP 2 wins, 2 losses against the Penguins in 2011-2012 with a SV % of .931 And in 2010, 5 GP, 4 wins and 1 loss, with a SV % of .926 Malkin and Crosby don't own anyone. Bunch of whiny puss faces anyway And pretty much all of your statistics are before 2010 anyway, when the Rangers were awful. He's been shakynope they are current..Crosby's been out for a bit so that would explain Henrik being okay

In the past 2 years, with Crosby being out, he hasn't recorded much.

Being that, hockey is a team sport like many others. No one cares if Crosby and Malkin can "own" NY. What matters in the end is the W column correct?

Statistics wise, they are both strong.

I'm not afraid of the Penguins because of 2 specific players.

I'm afraid of them because of the blow hard jobs that the refs and the league give them.

The last game was ridiculous.

I'll be here when the Rangers beat em in the post

bandwgn86
04-11-2012, 02:53 PM
anyways, we can talk more Crosby if you meet up with the Pens. </P>

big question for me is Rangers scoring, goalper game (ranked 10th or 11th i believe). we know King Henry is a gamer will the offence show up?</P>

Ottawa is ranked top 5 in gpg.. </P>

Gmen2005
04-11-2012, 02:56 PM
anyways, we can talk more Crosby if you meet up with the Pens. </p>

big question for me is Rangers scoring, goalper game (ranked 10th or 11th i believe). we know King Henry is a gamer will the offence show up?</p>

Ottawa is ranked top 5 in gpg.. </p>
If Henrik goes back to his midseason form I think we'll be okay. Lately he hasn't been playing well though so I'm not as confident as I could be.

MikeIsaGiant
04-11-2012, 03:08 PM
The Rangers offense needs to be a little better, but the playoffs are a lot different.

You need grit, scoring comes from forechecking a lot and playing a lot more physical.

Rangers have this.

Also, if you haven't heard - Rangers signed Chris Kreider yesterday from BC. He's been practicing.

This should add some firepower in the offense.

Expect a whole different offense this postseason

bandwgn86
04-11-2012, 03:11 PM

big question for me is Rangers scoring, goalper game (ranked 10th or 11th i believe). we know King Henry is a gamer will the offence show up?</P>

If Henrik goes back to his midseason form I think we'll be okay. Lately he hasn't been playing well though so I'm not as confident as I could be.
on paperyou should win this... on paper..Ottawa is my dark horse this round, maybe even SJ over STL.. eventually SJ is going to win it all.

bandwgn86
04-11-2012, 03:14 PM
The Rangers offense needs to be a little better, but the playoffs are a lot different. You need grit, scoring comes from forechecking a lot and playing a lot more physical. Rangers have this. Also, if you haven't heard - Rangers signed Chris Kreider yesterday from BC. He's been practicing. This should add some firepower in the offense. Expect a whole different offense this postseasoni havent followed NYR to closely but they didnt seem like a gritty team, could be wrong but thats why i assumed they took a swing at Nash.. to get some needed size up front to match up with the Beanheads and Flyers

MikeIsaGiant
04-11-2012, 03:14 PM

big question for me is Rangers scoring, goal*per game (ranked 10th or 11th i believe). we know King Henry is a gamer will the offence show up?</P>

on paper*you should win this... on paper..Ottawa is my dark horse this round, maybe even SJ over STL.. eventually SJ is going to win it all.

What about the Coyotes? For some reason I think you're just a Rangers hater. Ottawa beat us 3 of 4 times. Things will change in the post

MikeIsaGiant
04-11-2012, 03:15 PM
The Rangers offense needs to be a little better, but the playoffs are a lot different. You need grit, scoring comes from forechecking a lot and playing a lot more physical. Rangers have this. Also, if you haven't heard - Rangers signed Chris Kreider yesterday from BC. He's been practicing. This should add some firepower in the offense. Expect a whole different offense this postseasoni havent followed NYR to closely but they didnt seem like a gritty team, could be wrong but thats why i assumed they took a swing at Nash.. to get some needed size up front to match up with the Beanheads and Flyers

Goes to show they have too much grit. Too much grit means they would want some goal scorers.

But everything has been doing well. MDZ has been on fire on the PP and so has Brad.

We will score

bandwgn86
04-11-2012, 03:27 PM

on paperyou should win this... on paper..Ottawa is my dark horse this round, maybe even SJ over STL.. eventually SJ is going to win it all. What about the Coyotes? For some reason I think you're just a Rangers hater. Ottawa beat us 3 of 4 times. Things will change in the postno hate at all.. </P>

i like PHX in 6-7. Smith is a great goalie. </P>

MikeIsaGiant
04-11-2012, 03:55 PM
This is exactly how I feel about this series.

Last year when the Rangers #8 played the #1 Capitals , the Rangers were so confident that they'd beat the capitals.

Look what happened? We got destroyed in every aspect.

This series #8 Ottawa is playing #1 Rangers and are claiming they can easily win this series. They seem too confident like we once were.

We owned the capitals dring the regular season and got destroyed in the post-season.
Ottawa beat us this regular season...

I think you see the point.

This won't be any dark horse IMO

DVision
04-11-2012, 04:02 PM

also, what happening with your team finacially? being hearing lots of rumors the franchise is not to stable.. yah know, my city has a nice arena that would like to*be home to*a NHL team..</P>

We'll see!! Marty is playing like it's 2003! [:)]

The Devils aren't having financial problems. They screwed the city of Newark out of some money due to the fact the last Mayor was corrupt and stupid.

bandwgn86
04-11-2012, 04:44 PM
This is exactly how I feel about this series. Last year when the Rangers #8 played the #1 Capitals , the Rangers were so confident that they'd beat the capitals. Look what happened? We got destroyed in every aspect. This series #8 Ottawa is playing #1 Rangers and are claiming they can easily win this series. They seem too confident like we once were. We owned the capitals dring the regular season and got destroyed in the post-season. Ottawa beat us this regular season... I think you see the point. This won't be any dark horse IMOi had Rangers over Caps last year, if i remember correctly. thought King Henry would be enough for the win.</P>

just saying, if im going to bet an underdog this year i'd take Ott over NYR</P>

</P>

bandwgn86
04-11-2012, 04:44 PM

also, what happening with your team finacially? being hearing lots of rumors the franchise is not to stable.. yah know, my city has a nice arena that would like tobe home toa NHL team..</P> We'll see!! Marty is playing like it's 2003! [:)] The Devils aren't having financial problems. They screwed the city of Newark out of some money due to the fact the last Mayor was corrupt and stupid.so no chance of them moving.. to say Canada? more specifically Hamilton? lol

MikeIsaGiant
04-11-2012, 05:16 PM
This is exactly how I feel about this series. Last year when the Rangers #8 played the #1 Capitals , the Rangers were so confident that they'd beat the capitals. Look what happened? We got destroyed in every aspect. This series #8 Ottawa is playing #1 Rangers and are claiming they can easily win this series. They seem too confident like we once were. We owned the capitals dring the regular season and got destroyed in the post-season. Ottawa beat us this regular season... I think you see the point. This won't be any dark horse IMOi had Rangers over Caps last year, if i remember correctly. thought King Henry would be enough for the win.</P>

**</P>

Fair enough. There really aren't many underdogs out there really.

I would have figured someone would pick the LA KINGS to upset the Canucks. It's possible but then again I believe the Nucks will get em

bandwgn86
04-11-2012, 05:33 PM

</P> Fair enough. There really aren't many underdogs out there really. I would have figured someone would pick the LA KINGS to upset the Canucks. It's possible but then again I believe the Nucks will get emthe Sharks.. Kings could D Sedin is out from what i am hearing.

slipknottin
04-11-2012, 07:37 PM
It's not a secret anymore that the referees always favor them

not the refs, the entire league. Look at the BS that team gets away with. At least the rangers play a clean physical game.

If Matt Cooke played for any other team in the league he would have already been banned for life. Imagine how the league would react if Orpik went knee to knee with Cindy. But Orpik who is a repeat offender didnt even get a suspension. Completely ridiculous.

bandwgn86
04-11-2012, 07:52 PM
It's not a secret anymore that the referees always favor them not the refs, the entire league. Look at the BS that team gets away with. At least the rangers play a clean physical game. If Matt Cooke played for any other team in the league he would have already been banned for life. Imagine how the league would react if Orpik went knee to knee with Cindy. But Orpik who is a repeat offender didnt even get a suspension. Completely ridiculous.found it funny Torts was whining about the Pens being whiney

slipknottin
04-11-2012, 07:54 PM
found it funny Torts was whining about the Pens being whiney

And what does the league do? Fine Torts and let Orpik off with no fine or suspension.

bandwgn86
04-11-2012, 08:11 PM
found it funny Torts was whining about the Pens being whiney And what does the league do? Fine Torts and let Orpik off with no fine or suspension.historically the leaguehas fined anyone making accusations that the refs are fixed/biased..</P>

i have high regard for Brendan Shanahan, he determined a fine/suspension was not needed and im ok with it.. clearly he saw something i didnt cuz it did look intentional..</P>

slipknottin
04-11-2012, 08:13 PM
clearly he saw something i didnt cuz it did look intentional..</P>

yea, he saw the penguins jersey.... Lets not forget Shanahan does have to answer to higher ups.

bandwgn86
04-11-2012, 08:30 PM
clearly he saw something i didnt cuz it did look intentional..

</P> yea, he saw the penguins jersey.... Lets not forget Shanahan does have to answer to higher ups.i dont think he is biased or swayed by the higher ups. he didnt think it was intentional. Torts should get over it.

bandwgn86
04-11-2012, 08:53 PM
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/06/report-no-supplemental-discipline-for-orpik-after-kneeing-stepan/</P>

</P>

“GMs had talk about hits like Orpik on Stepan at recent meetings in Fla.,” <FONT color=#4e6286>tweeted Sportsnet’s John Shannon</FONT> (https://twitter.com/#!/JSportsnet). “Shanahan told them call would be 5 [minute kneeing major] and a game with no supplemental [discipline]. League and Shanahan wanted to know if that was OK going down stretch and in playoffs.</P>

“Without dissent, GMs agreed that it was.”</P>

no suspensions for knees to knees, guess that why Rupp didnt get suspended for his hit on Staal. whom btw is a Pens player. </P>

MikeIsaGiant
04-12-2012, 10:40 AM
Torts was the mouth of many coaches in this league.

He wasn't whining, he was telling the truth.

Did you watch the post-game interview? Nothing he said deemed him whiny at all.

All he said was that the Penguins are a whiny organization. In which he said nothing wrong at all.

I'm glad the Flyers came back and won

MikeIsaGiant
04-12-2012, 10:41 AM
And the Sharks aren't upsetting anyone. Blues are way better

dezzzR
04-12-2012, 11:35 AM

All he said was that the Penguins are a whiny organization. In which he said nothing wrong at all.

I'm glad the<u> Flyers came back and won</u>What a game that was.

MikeIsaGiant
04-12-2012, 12:29 PM

For sure..

Anyway, updates on the Ranger game tonight are:

Steve Zipay ? @stevezipay
NYR will dress same lineup as against Caps. No Kreider, no surprise

Steve Z ? @Garts2point2
No Kreider tonight... Note: Same Lineup Tonight Against Ottawa

@KatieStrangESPN:

#NYR Brad Richards excited w/ return to playoffs: "This week, the feeling is back."

bandwgn86
04-12-2012, 05:15 PM

GO SENS

bandwgn86
04-12-2012, 05:16 PM

I'm glad the Flyers came back and wonI like Torts but he was whining

bandwgn86
04-12-2012, 10:44 PM
Good win tonight.. Ottawa took 2 periods to get over the playoff jitters.. Scoring the 2 goals will give them a lot of confidence.. They got this

bandwgn86
04-12-2012, 10:45 PM
How about Washington 3rd string goalie shutting down the B's so far.. Early story of the playoffs. Kids a gamer

inexorably
04-12-2012, 11:04 PM
Good win tonight.. Ottawa took 2 periods to get over the playoff jitters.. Scoring the 2 goals will give them a lot of confidence.. They got this

The sens were flying in the first half of the second period. The only thing that kept them off the scoreboard was Henrik. A crucial time out by Torts got the ship righted and the Rangers scored 3 goals and out shot Ottawa something like 15 - 4 throughout the rest of the second and the first part of the third.

The only reason the sens scored at all is because the Blueshirts started getting conservative in the final 8 mins or so. You could see it on the power plays they had... taking no chances at all. This is something they need to change. They need to have the killer instinct throughout all 60 mins.

Also, you really haven't watched the Blueshirts at all if you don't consider them a gritty team. They are the grittiest team in the NHL. They led the league in blocked shots and hits throughout the season. They are the definition of a grind it out team... don't know how you can call them anything else but a gritty, hard working team at their best when they're not playing the NHL equivalent of the Prevent Defense. And they have plenty of size to go up against any team in the NHL.

One win down... 15 more to go. I thought the Rangers played great for most of the game excluding the final 8 mins or so and the first half or so of the 2nd period. I thought it was appropriate that Callahan got the first playoff goal for the Blueshirts as he is the heart and soul of the team and was sorely missed last season during the playoffs.

On to game 2.

Lets Go Rangers!!!

bandwgn86
04-13-2012, 09:49 AM
Interesting.. I missed the first 2 periods and assumed they were nervous. So you are saying the first and most of the second Ottawa outplayed NY, I watched the third and That also was Ottawas period.
I feel more confident in my dark Horse pick now.

Going back to Wednesday, Did you guys see the offside that led to a score? Guess that reference is fired for not being biased to Bettmans team eh? ;)

dezzzR
04-13-2012, 11:18 AM
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1061061.1334295356%21/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/image.jpg
Very good game last night. Think they can play a bit better though. Missed a few good opportunities.

dezzzR
04-13-2012, 11:21 AM
Interesting.. I missed the first 2 periods and assumed they were nervous. So you are saying the first and most of the second Ottawa outplayed NY, I watched the third and That also was Ottawas period.

Going back to Wednesday, Did you guys see the offside that led to a score? Guess that reference is fired for not being biased to Bettmans team eh? ;)No, Otts were getting in shots, but from a long way out, all too easy for Henry. Rangers were more physical and in their face and were getting their shots in up close.

bandwgn86
04-13-2012, 03:06 PM

Going back to Wednesday, Did you guys see the offside that led to a score? Guess that reference is fired for not being biased to Bettmans team eh? ;)No, Otts were getting in shots, but from a long way out, all too easy for Henry. Rangers were more physical and in their face and were getting their shots in up close.
more defensive breakdowns from Ottawa than Rangers putting the work in imo.. we'll see what happens now Ottawa remembers King Hank can be scored on

inexorably
04-13-2012, 09:42 PM
The Rangers outplayed the sens for the majority of the game.

The sens controlled the tempo in the first 8 or so minutes of the second period and the last 8 mins of the game when the Rangers started playing conservative.

Torts took a timeout in the second period while the sens were controlling the tempo and then the Rangers dominated until they were ahead 4-0.

If this game is any indication of how this series will go... the sens only chance is if the Blueshirts get complacent. If they play like they can... this series could very well be a sweep.

THE_New_York_Giants
04-14-2012, 12:11 AM
The Penguins got their asses kicked today. The battle of the worst goalies. Who can suck more?

inexorably
04-14-2012, 01:55 AM
GO SENS

Looking to me like the LA Kings should be your dark horse. They are
looking like they're gonna make the canucks do a real good San Jose
impression. Win the Presidents and get taken out in the first round... which would be great.

bandwgn86
04-14-2012, 11:39 AM
The Penguins got their asses kicked today. The battle of the worst goalies. Who can suck more?horrible defence by both teams.. Not a good game at all.

bandwgn86
04-14-2012, 11:41 AM
GO SENS

Looking to me like the LA Kings should be your dark horse.* They are
looking like they're gonna make the canucks do a real good San Jose
impression.* Win the Presidents and get taken out in the first round... which would be great.
naw.. LA arguably has the better goalie plus Van is missing a Sedin not really an upset like Sens. Will be.

inexorably
04-14-2012, 11:26 PM
**** game... **** performance... ****ing pathetic effort by the Blueshirts.

Way to go in a ****ing shell with a one goal lead.

You would think... having much more experience being around hockey than myself, the players and coaches would understand a simple concept...

The more you allow the opposing team to spend time in your zone the more likely you will get scored on.

Like I said in an earlier post on this thread... the Rangers get complacent and play conservative they will lose.

They had a chance after Boyle's go ahead goal to keep the pressure on but nope.... you could see it.. they just started dumping the puck and trying to hold the one goal lead instead of trying to score... that is recipe for failure every time. Doesn't matter how good your goalie is.

Sad thing is... being a Rangers fan for as long as I have... I knew they were going to lose as soon as Ottawa tied it up.

Pivotal game will be Monday night. After tonight's game, I'm not sure what to expect. Really thought after the last half of the first game Tortorella would keep them aggressive and trying to score... Really disappointed with what I saw on the ice tonight.

THE_New_York_Giants
04-15-2012, 02:13 AM
Dubinski is coming out on Monday and he is going to be on fire. I would not be shocked if he gets a hatrick. Also, Scott will dress for Mitchell and Kreider will replace Hags if he is suspended. I expect Scott to go after Spezza and **** him up. At least that would be what I would do if I was Torts.

slipknottin
04-15-2012, 02:20 AM
I didnt think it was crappy effort. I thought Torts called a poor game. He tried to get the Gab-Richards line out there to do the tough stuff.

Did Rupp even play? Seemed like Torts was sacrificing toughness for scoring ability. Instead Gaborik got whacked around all game and they still lost.

If Ottawa is going to try to prove how tough they are, why not put the big guys on the ice and show them who is bigger?

And its pretty upsetting that Hags has a meeting with Shanny, almost guarantees he is getting suspended, despite this being completely out of character for Hags. I guess that gives Kreider an opening, but thats not the way I wanted him to come in. Hags is one of the best players on the team, he needs to be out there.

THE_New_York_Giants
04-15-2012, 02:24 AM
I didnt think it was crappy effort. I thought Torts called a poor game. He tried to get the Gab-Richards line out there to do the tough stuff.

Did Rupp even play? Seemed like Torts was sacrificing toughness for scoring ability. Instead Gaborik got whacked around all game and they still lost.

If Ottawa is going to try to prove how tough they are, why not put the big guys on the ice and show them who is bigger?

And its pretty upsetting that Hags has a meeting with Shanny, almost guarantees he is getting suspended, despite this being completely out of character for Hags. I guess that gives Kreider an opening, but thats not the way I wanted him to come in. Hags is one of the best players on the team, he needs to be out there.
I predict a lot of Scott, Rupper, Bickel, and Pruster on Monday. Time to raise hell.

bandwgn86
04-15-2012, 08:04 AM
I expected Pitt vs Pens to be a nasty series..this one is awesome..

Boyle gets KO'd,
tons of fights.. This ain't playoff hockey but I love it.

bandwgn86
04-15-2012, 08:07 AM
Could Alfredson sell that elbow to the head any more.

I'm expecting a suspension unfortunately.

slipknottin
04-15-2012, 12:43 PM
Im not sure Allfie sold it. He has a history of concussions, wouldnt be surprised if he suffered another one there.

Thats the major issue I have with the nhl fines and suspensions, they punish for the result more than the act. If Hags hit a guy with no concussion history who didnt go to the ice and just skated off, he would have got a 2 minute penalty and maybe a fine.

And they need to apply the same rules to everyone regardless of if they are a star or important to their team. Weber smashes a guys face into the wall and gets a slap on the wrist... Ovi is the only superstar who has got suspended, and he nearly killed a guy.

And is this the most wild start to the playoffs or is it just me? Pens getting tired in the 3rd period and the flyers destroying them 8-5? Blackhawks scoring in the final minute of the game to get to OT twice in a row? Webers head smash? Caps rookie goalie playing as well as Tim Thomas? Just a bunch of crazy.

inexorably
04-15-2012, 06:01 PM
Watched the Torts post game interview....

You can see it here if any are interested:
<a href="http://blueshirtsunited.com/videos/1206/tortorella-following-game-two">
http://blueshirtsunited.com/videos/1206/tortorella-following-game-two</a>

He didn't want to say anything about the refereeing in the game, including the ejections because he is probably tired of being hit in the wallet.

He did say that the team needs to stay aggressive which I agree with and hope happens Monday.

He feels that if Hagelin gets suspended then so should Phillips for the elbow he hit Callahan with.

I guess we'll see but being a Blueshirts fan... I'm not too optimistic.

slipknottin
04-15-2012, 09:48 PM
I'm done with the NHL after this season until they fix this BS.

You can't punish for result instead of act. Hags has never done anything like this. While Carkner has a clear history. Neither play was necessarily more dangerous than the other, while Carkner showed clear intent to hurt, hags was unintentional.

To suspend carkner for 1 game and hags for 3? Absolutely atrocious.

Gmen2005
04-15-2012, 10:04 PM
There is absolutely no consistency in this league. I figured he'd get one game, but three is far too many. Really a shame. Maybe we'll see Kreider tomorrow night.

THE_New_York_Giants
04-15-2012, 10:46 PM

You can't punish for result instead of act. Hags has never done anything like this. While Carkner has a clear history. Neither play was necessarily more dangerous than the other, while Carkner showed clear intent to hurt, hags was unintentional.

To suspend carkner for 1 game and hags for 3? Absolutely atrocious.

None of the Penguins will get a suspension today either. Shannahan and Bettman are both complete and total jokes. The NHL has the worst officials of any major sports league. That includes the league office. At least Goodell is consistent. Same with Stern and Selig.

bandwgn86
04-16-2012, 09:47 AM

To suspend carkner for 1 game and hags for 3? Absolutely atrocious.did you just say Hags elbow was unintentional?

slipknottin
04-16-2012, 11:52 AM

To suspend carkner for 1 game and hags for 3? Absolutely atrocious.did you just say Hags elbow was unintentional?

As far as Hags not going into the check planning on elbowing him and taking him out. Not premeditated.

inexorably
04-16-2012, 01:52 PM
Like I stated... I wasn't optimistic prior to the ruling on Hagelin and nice to see the powers that be in the NHL met my low opinion of them.

Really amazing... you have Weber slamming Zetterburg's head into the glass and he doesn't get a suspension at all.

And then you have Carkner... a noted goon in the NHL.. purposefully attacking Boyle with intent to injure and he gets a game suspension when he should have gotten 5 or more.

Then you have a Hagelin... a rookie... perhaps he did go for Alfredsson's head ... not sure there, split second decision heat of the moment... maybe he got his arms up to protect himself... maybe it was deliberate... nobody can say for sure but he has no history of such acts... 3 game suspension...

Then you have Phillips on the sens doing the same thing as Hagelin but to Callahan... but Ryan doesn't roll around on the ice like he'd been killed like Alfredsson... and he gets nothing.

Can't wait to see what the rulings are for the Pittsburgh bettmans / philthy game are going to be.

I think Scott maybe playing tonight instead of Kreider. This has turned into a vicious series between NY and Ottawa and the coaches my want some more size ... not sure but the Blueshirts need a rebound game tonight.

slipknottin
04-16-2012, 02:05 PM
Kreider is a big strong kid too. 6'3 230 or so.
He's not a fighter like Scott, but he can bring some physicality.

Gmen2005
04-16-2012, 02:13 PM

As far as Hags not going into the check planning on elbowing him and taking him out. Not premeditated.

Agreed, I do not think it was intentional at all. He is not a dirty player, and it was unfortunate. Granted I do have a bias.

Roswell777
04-16-2012, 02:21 PM
I'd be shocked if we didn't see Kreider tonight. While Scott is big, Sens have the last matchup on their home ice and can send out the Spezza line and those guys will skate around him like he's a traffic cone.

Still trying to figure out how, when the Rangers played the Devils and six guys squared off and Salvador was a third man in just to break up the Bickel fight, he was given a 10 min misconduct but when Dubinsky skates in to pull Carkner off of Boyle, he gets a game.

Really poor judgement by the refs. Carefully orchestrated, any team could use this to their advantage. Just send a clam opener like Carkner in to start a fight when a skilled line is on the ice and hope a third man in occurs.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Gmen2005
04-16-2012, 02:36 PM
Afredson may play tonight. Shanaban said on WFAN if he does he may reduce the suspension. Unreal.

He is punshing the outcome, not the action.

bandwgn86
04-16-2012, 03:12 PM
Afredson may play tonight. Shanaban said on WFAN if he does he may reduce the suspension. Unreal.

He is punshing the outcome, not the action.
i can understand that.. you target a player and knock him out for a period of time you should get a harsher penalty..

bandwgn86
04-16-2012, 03:15 PM

Agreed, I do not think it was intentional at all. He is not a dirty player, and it was unfortunate. Granted I do have a bias.
well he did lunge at him with his elbow up..

http://video.thescore.com/watch/hagelin-elbows-alfredsson#./la-1-van-0?&_suid=133459913054505589638545871312

CGYgiant
04-16-2012, 03:36 PM

http://video.thescore.com/watch/hagelin-elbows-alfredsson#./la-1-van-0?&amp;_suid=133459913054505589638545871312

he's almost as dirty as Cindy Crosby...haha

bandwgn86
04-16-2012, 03:40 PM
I'm done with the NHL after this season until they fix this BS. You can't punish for result instead of act. Hags has never done anything like this. While Carkner has a clear history. Neither play was necessarily more dangerous than the other, while Carkner showed clear intent to hurt, hags was unintentional. To suspend carkner for 1 game and hags for 3? Absolutely atrocious.did you just say Hags elbow was unintentional? As far as Hags not going into the check planning on elbowing him and taking him out. Not premeditated.

well he did lunge at him with his elbow up.. http://video.thescore.com/watch/hagelin-elbows-alfredsson#./la-1-van-0?&amp;_suid=133459913054505589638545871312

[;)].. how are you doing sir

inexorably
04-16-2012, 03:40 PM
Well, not sure really... Kreider would be nice to see but this series has taken a vicious edge to it.

Not sure if you want a kid just getting into the NHL to be out there for such.

But then again... trial by fire... this is the NHL playoffs kid... get used to it.

Still sucks that Hags is out... his speed was a weapon we used.

CGYgiant
04-16-2012, 03:42 PM
I'm done with the NHL after this season until they fix this BS. You can't punish for result instead of act. Hags has never done anything like this. While Carkner has a clear history. Neither play was necessarily more dangerous than the other, while Carkner showed clear intent to hurt, hags was unintentional. To suspend carkner for 1 game and hags for 3? Absolutely atrocious.did you just say Hags elbow was unintentional? As far as Hags not going into the check planning on elbowing him and taking him out. Not premeditated.

well he did lunge at him with his elbow up.. http://video.thescore.com/watch/hagelin-elbows-alfredsson#./la-1-van-0?&amp;_suid=133459913054505589638545871312

[;)].. how are you doing sir

lol, good. Haven't been on in awhile. What happaned to the hockey playoff thread? I guess this is it now haha

slipknottin
04-16-2012, 03:44 PM

Im not making excuses for the play. Just basing off how Hags has always played, hes never been a remotely dirty player at all. Hags said when Alfie's stick came up he put up his arms to protect his face, and thats why he elbowed him.

I just dont think there was any intent to injure or even hit him in the head at all. Of course Hags texted him after the game saying he hoped he was ok.

slipknottin
04-16-2012, 03:46 PM
]i can understand that.. you target a player and knock him out for a period of time you should get a harsher penalty..

I agree with the targeting, premediated stuff should be a harsher penalty.

But the result of the action cant be ruled against. What if Alfredsson got right back up and kept playing? Should Hags have got the same penalty or less severe?

What if in a couple weeks Alfredsson started feeling off, like what happened with Marc Staal, it was a month or two after he got hit in the head that he noticed he had concussion symptoms? Do they not suspend Hags up front then suspend him a month later when they realize what happened?

You just cant look at the result with head injuries. Have to go completely and solely on the action. If you want to say anyone who elbows a guy in the head gets 3 games, im completely fine with that. But when a guy smashes someones head into the boards and gets no suspension, or a guy sucker punches a guy in the head multiple times and gets 1 game... There has to be consistency.

You have the Byron Bitz hit to the head of Clifford, Clifford hasent returned to the series yet, but Bitz got two games? Whats the difference there? Clifford isnt a star player while Alfredsson is? Was the Bitz hit not as bad? Because to me that hit is worse, being that it was not only to the head but from behind too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6irIRUs1oEc

bandwgn86
04-16-2012, 03:51 PM
well he did lunge at him with his elbow up.. Im not making excuses for the play. Just basing off how Hags has always played, hes never been a remotely dirty player at all. Hags said when Alfie's stick came up he put up his arms to protect his face, and thats why he elbowed him. I just dont think there was any intent to injure or even hit him in the head at all. Of course Hags texted him after the game saying he hoped he was ok.</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA_UhGIX2pw</P>

</P>

Shanahan gives explanation</P>

slipknottin
04-16-2012, 03:53 PM
Shanahan gives explanation</P>

The explanation is correct, the length of the suspension is wrong.

bandwgn86
04-16-2012, 03:59 PM
]i can understand that.. you target a player and knock him out for a period of time you should get a harsher penalty.. I agree with the targeting, premediated stuff should be a harsher penalty. But the result of the action cant be ruled against. What if Alfredsson got right back up and kept playing? Should Hags have got the same penalty or less severe? What if in a couple weeks Alfredsson started feeling off, like what happened with Marc Staal, it was a month or two after he got hit in the head that he noticed he had concussion symptoms? Do they not suspend Hags up front then suspend him a month later when they realize what happened? You just cant look at the result with head injuries. Have to go completely and solely on the action. If you want to say anyone who elbows a guy in the head gets 3 games, im completely fine with that. But when a guy smashes someones head into the boards and gets no suspension, or a guy sucker punches a guy in the head multiple times and gets 1 game... There has to be consistency. You have the Byron Bitz hit to the head of Clifford, Clifford hasent returned to the series yet, but Bitz got two games? Whats the difference there? Clifford isnt a star player while Alfredsson is? Was the Bitz hit not as bad? Because to me that hit is worse, being that it was not only to the head but from behind too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6irIRUs1oEceveryone gets suspended at the end of the day though.. atleast thats consistant</P>

Bitz on Clifford was from the side if i remember correctly. i also seem to remember Clifford had his head down.. no elbows just a head hit. </P>

bandwgn86
04-16-2012, 04:01 PM
anyways should be a fantastic game tonight.. good luck Rangers. </P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

you'll need it [:D]</P>

slipknottin
04-16-2012, 04:05 PM
everyone gets suspended at the end of the day though.. atleast thats consistant

Except Shea Weber who broke Zetterbergs helmet by smashing him into the wall.

And how is this hit any different than what Hags did?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2py9pRx7l14

Guess its different because Callahan didnt get hurt?

bandwgn86
04-16-2012, 04:16 PM
everyone gets suspended at the end of the day though.. atleast thats consistant

Except Shea Weber who broke Zetterbergs helmet by smashing him into the wall.

And how is this hit any different than what Hags did?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2py9pRx7l14

Guess its different because Callahan didnt get hurt?i seen the hit.. not very good angles on that video.. to me it looked almost like every other hit along the boards. except Cal hits the breaks and instead of Phillips hitting him square to the body scrapes the front side including the head (which is lowered)

can we stop arguing please.. i hate sticking up for the NHL lol

ps Weber, i have no answer for..

slipknottin
04-16-2012, 04:30 PM
can we stop arguing please.. i hate sticking up for the NHL lol

lol, can do.

bandwgn86
04-16-2012, 04:43 PM
can we stop arguing please.. i hate sticking up for the NHL lol lol, can do.you pumped for tonights game? i need an excuse to leave work early today so i can get home in time to watch.

slipknottin
04-16-2012, 04:54 PM
you pumped for tonights game? i need an excuse to leave work early today so i can get home in time to watch.

excited to see how the rangers respond. I question the teams mindset right now though, because they really let the Sens push them around last game.

slipknottin
04-16-2012, 04:54 PM
DP. oops

Gmen2005
04-16-2012, 05:23 PM
you pumped for tonights game? i need an excuse to leave work early today so i can get home in time to watch.

excited to see how the rangers respond. I question the teams mindset right now though, because they really let the Sens push them around last game.
agreed, they need to come out flying tonight. No excuses.

GiantSteps13
04-16-2012, 05:28 PM
Have to be more physical tonight. I say boyle gives neil the old one two as soon as there in together. I do not like that guy.

bandwgn86
04-16-2012, 05:37 PM
i would love to see a NY LA finals.. its good to have a Canadian team when theres a smaller US market in the SC but a NY LA would probably get fantastic ratings

slipknottin
04-16-2012, 08:20 PM
Apparently Rupp is going to be on the first line with Richards and Gaborik. That should change things. Going to be tough for the Sens to get any shots on them with Rupp out there patrolling.

slipknottin
04-16-2012, 08:22 PM
i would love to see a NY LA finals.. its good to have a Canadian team when theres a smaller US market in the SC but a NY LA would probably get fantastic ratings

LA, Phoenix and Florida being in the tourney is great for hockey in general.

Nashville deserves to do something in the playoffs, thats a damn good team.

slipknottin
04-16-2012, 08:32 PM
Kreider making his debut, playing on a line with Stepan. Two of them were fantastic in worlds.

bandwgn86
04-16-2012, 10:04 PM
incredible pace.. King Henry is a machine.

bandwgn86
04-16-2012, 10:07 PM

LA, Phoenix and Florida being in the tourney is great for hockey in general.

Nashville deserves to do something in the playoffs, thats a damn good team.LA and FLA for sure.. PHX's has been a good enough team to build a fan base.. hasnt happened, time to move them

THE_New_York_Giants
04-16-2012, 10:09 PM
Rupp and Boyle need more minutes. This should be the top lines in the 3rd:
Kreider, Gabby, Richie
Rupp, Boyler, Cally
Dubi, Arty, Pruster

Rupp and Boyle are playing the best tonight.

THE_New_York_Giants
04-16-2012, 10:30 PM
Hank and Stralman saved the game, Boyle is on fire

THE_New_York_Giants
04-16-2012, 10:55 PM
LONG LIVE THE KING!!!!! HOLY **** THAT IS WHY HE'S THE BEST.

inexorably
04-16-2012, 11:11 PM
King Henrik won this game for the Blueshirts.

Offensively the Rangers were kind of inept this game.

Never seen a team not even get a shot off on odd man rushes so many times like the Rangers did tonight.

A win is a win though and we move on to Game 4 on Wed.

Hopefully they start burying some of those chances they get.

THE_New_York_Giants
04-16-2012, 11:19 PM
Boyle looked like Jagr today. Henrik is a GOD!!! And Stralman played his best game as a Ranger.

bandwgn86
04-16-2012, 11:48 PM
Boyle looked like Jagr today. .lol.. Old man Jagr..maybe

bandwgn86
04-16-2012, 11:49 PM
King Henrik won this game for the Blueshirts.

Offensively the Rangers were kind of inept this game.

Never seen a team not even get a shot off on odd man rushes so many times like the Rangers did tonight.

A win is a win though and we move on to Game 4 on Wed.

Hopefully they start burying some of those chances they get.

good win Blueshirts, hopefully Alfredson is back tomorrow.

slipknottin
04-17-2012, 01:15 AM
How good are the Blues? The more I watch them the more I think they are the best team in the playoffs.

They are just dismantling SJ.

I have always wondered about building a team, whether in the NHL its more effective to have a whole bunch of 20 goal scorers and quality and depth on defense in goal, than it is to have one or two 40+ goal scorers but lack of quality and depth elsewhere.

Rangers are going to find themselves in that situation soon with Gaborik and Richards getting huge paychecks, and its going to be difficult for them to retain a lot of their younger guys like Stepan and McDonagh

bandwgn86
04-17-2012, 08:33 AM
How good are the Blues? The more I watch them the more I think they are the best team in the playoffs.

I have always wondered about building a team, whether in the NHL its more effective to have a whole bunch of 20 goal scorers and quality and depth on defense in goal, than it is to have one or two 40+ goal scorers but lack of quality and depth elsewhere.

Rangers are going to find themselves in that situation soon with Gaborik and Richards getting huge paychecks, and its going to be difficult for them to retain a lot of their younger guys like Stepan and McDonaghits a good question, not one that I've thought before. I'm not much for thinking outside the box tbh lol
But I think fans need a superstar on their team.
PS Andy MacDonald looks like a 12 year old, he has to be the smallest NHLer in the league.

EazyEManning
04-17-2012, 09:30 AM
PS Andy MacDonald looks like a 12 year old, he has to be the smallest NHLer in the league.

Haha thats gotta go to Nathan Gerbe from Buffalo.
<a href="http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/4436">
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/4436</a>

MikeIsaGiant
04-17-2012, 02:28 PM

Rangers are going to find themselves in that situation soon with Gaborik and Richards getting huge paychecks, and its going to be difficult for them to retain a lot of their younger guys like Stepan and McDonagh

They are the same team as last year, but with a complete change of heart.

I still think Hagelin's suspension was complete bulll****.

You have to punish the act, not the outcome