PDA

View Full Version : If Eli is out due to illness , we can get to the superbowl in a Carr

Harooni
01-18-2012, 10:08 PM
http://media.nj.com/giants_impact/photo/9965979-large.jpg

who else thinks carr can manage the game?

YATittle1962
01-18-2012, 10:09 PM
rooni you know as well as I do that Eli would have to be bleeding from his eyes to sit out of this game

gmen0820
01-18-2012, 10:10 PM
Our chances would be significantly worse. Can't spin it any other way.

GmenFan1980
01-18-2012, 10:11 PM
Maybe, who knows.

If we do, would there be threads comparing david carr stats to Hostetler and arguments on who is the better back-up?

ShakeNBake
01-18-2012, 10:16 PM
I'm sure Eli will be fine for sunday, I just hope he doesn't get anyone else sick

TheEnigma
01-18-2012, 10:16 PM
Doubt this situation will even happen but if he did lead us to the Superbowl and wins it all, you know teams would be calling for Carr's services.

greenca190
01-18-2012, 10:17 PM
How much dirt do you think Carr and Baas have on these guys? Completely different coaching staff then when they were apart of the team. The question still begs to be asked.

JJC7301
01-18-2012, 10:18 PM

No way.

greenca190
01-18-2012, 10:18 PM
Doubt this situation will even happen but if he did lead us to the Superbowl and wins it all, you know teams would be calling for Carr's services.

I think there's a one percent chance he starts Sunday. But for him to start Sunday, win, and then Eli have the squirts for three straight weeks for Carr to start the Super Bowl?

I don't know if there's a percentage low enough for that.

greenca190
01-18-2012, 10:19 PM

No way.

I totally think he could. Absolutely no offense to Eli, but our wide receivers can yac it up.

Gmen2005
01-18-2012, 10:21 PM
I don't think we would have a chance with Carr.

TheEnigma
01-18-2012, 10:22 PM

I think there's a one percent chance he starts Sunday. But for him to start Sunday, win, and then Eli have the squirts for three straight weeks for Carr to start the Super Bowl?

I don't know if there's a percentage low enough for that.It would be a pretty epic story though.

jints10
01-18-2012, 10:23 PM
Could you imagine the vindication for Carr if he beat the 9ers in the Championship game?

I sincerely doubt Eli misses his first game for a stomach virus

ebick
01-18-2012, 10:24 PM
something we won't have to find out. the starting qb for the Giants on Sunday will be wearing #10

bLuereverie
01-18-2012, 10:24 PM
rooni you know as well as I do that Eli would have to be bleeding from his eyes to sit out of this game

Hardly. You line him up behind center crying crimson, no damn passrusher will even go near him. Instant win.

DEgiants89
01-18-2012, 10:25 PM

I don't know if there's a percentage low enough for that.It would be a pretty epic story though.

Jeff Hostetler pt 2. wow.

Harooni
01-18-2012, 10:29 PM
Our chances would be significantly worse. Can't spin it any other way.

well he might not have eli's finesse, However i think some screen passes maybe hit cruz in the flat let him get his YAC and some PA calls.

TheEnigma
01-18-2012, 10:31 PM

Jeff Hostetler pt 2. wow.Don't mind me, I feel sorry for Carr being drafted to the Texans which had no O-line to speak of at the time. I'd like him to have some bright spot in his career at a point but definitely not now.

Harooni
01-18-2012, 10:32 PM
something we won't have to find out. the starting qb for the Giants on Sunday will be wearing #10
ok, suppose Eli starts but then in the first series sharts. Carr would then come in.

DEgiants89
01-18-2012, 10:32 PM

Jeff Hostetler pt 2. wow.Don't mind me, I feel sorry for Carr being drafted to the Texans which had no O-line to speak of at the time. I'd like him to have some bright spot in his career at a point but definitely not now.

yeah true true, I felt bad about him too and what he had to do with that franchise but oh well, maybe he can get a ring....behind eli ;)

REDx85xGOLD
01-18-2012, 10:33 PM
knocking out Eli, probably not, but knocking out one of your rb's is more likely. niners knocked out 7 rb's already this year.

TheEnigma
01-18-2012, 10:36 PM
knocking out Eli, probably not, but knocking out one of your rb's is more likely.* niners knocked out 7 rb's already this year.
Bradshaw has the ankles of a 55 year old man. Wouldn't be that impressed by you guys if you take him out.

Harooni
01-18-2012, 10:38 PM
hell, BJ might take a 49er out

Harooni
01-18-2012, 10:42 PM
the question will be , gloves or mittens?

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2008/0314/nfl_g_carr2_580.jpg

JJC7301
01-18-2012, 11:00 PM

No way.

I totally think he could. Absolutely no offense to Eli, but our wide receivers can yac it up.
I like Carr as our back-up, but even Hostetler at least had some regular game experience leading up to the SB XXV run. Jumping in in the middle of the playoffs? Scary. Especially since we don't have the run game that we're used to.

JJC7301
01-18-2012, 11:02 PM
knocking out Eli, probably not, but knocking out one of your rb's is more likely.* niners knocked out 7 rb's already this year.
Bradshaw has the ankles of a 55 year old man. Wouldn't be that impressed by you guys if you take him out.
He actually has chronic foot problems. I believe that our run game has been negatively affected by our fairly new, and not as impressive, o-line.

This isn't Ryan Grant you're talking about here. Bradshaw has had plenty of good games against good D's in his career.

NY_Eli
01-18-2012, 11:03 PM
The media would stop comparing the team to '07 and start comparing it to '90

fizzlestick
01-18-2012, 11:05 PM
I feel like a great opportunity has been missed for an amazing cruz control line.

Harooni
01-18-2012, 11:06 PM
I like Carr as our back-up, but even Hostetler at least had some regular game experience leading up to the SB XXV run. Jumping in in the middle of the playoffs? Scary. Especially since we don't have the run game that we're used to.

well thats tc's fault we have been up and down 3 scores in some games and he never puts carr in.

now im not saying eli wont play but come on you have to have your backup ready.

ebick
01-18-2012, 11:10 PM
ok, suppose Eli starts but then in the first series sharts. Carr would then come in.
</P>

I predict he would stay out there and find a way to use it to his advantage.</P>

TheEnigma
01-18-2012, 11:12 PM
He actually has chronic foot problems. I believe that our run game has been negatively affected by our fairly new, and not as impressive, o-line.

This isn't Ryan Grant you're talking about here. Bradshaw has had plenty of good games against good D's in his career.Is it? Point still stands though that bragging about taking out our old and slightly dinged up RB's is like bragging about concussing Aaron Rodgers.

The issue with the running game has been having to deal with a new Center and lots of our veterns getting a year older and not being as great as they used to be. Snee and Kmac used to be the best right side tandem in the NFL and now they are subpar at best.

Harooni
01-18-2012, 11:33 PM
</p>

I predict he would stay out there and find a way to use it to his advantage.</p>
ok gross

lol

BornLegend
01-19-2012, 01:45 AM
Carr holds on to the ball too damn long. The only advantage he has over Eli is that he likes to scramble. Disadvantage... he also likes to fumble and get sacked. I would cry if Eli couldn't go. Can't play football with bubble guts. We need a new backup next year. Is that guy Perrilloux still on the practice squad? I wonder how he's progressing.

Eli TO Shockey
01-19-2012, 01:50 AM
funny rooni

Mohann
01-19-2012, 03:11 AM
hell, BJ might take a 49er out

Lol, really Harooni? You went there?

GMENAGAIN
01-19-2012, 06:23 AM
sigh . . . .

GameTime
01-19-2012, 07:32 AM

</P>

first off are you just being a wiseass???</P>

secondly...Carr with the limited time I have seen him play since leaving Houston he still sits in the pocket too much. He would get mauled and the Giants would lose. The team would also have almost 0 confidence if the game started to get ugly. </P>

</P>

Roosevelt
01-19-2012, 08:21 AM
I'm sure Eli will be fine for sunday, I just hope he doesn't get anyone else sick

^ This.

I also have confidence in Carr if he was forced into action. Much more so than whoever we had the last 2 years.

ryan12
01-19-2012, 08:45 AM
they will be pumping fluids into eli he will be fine

G-Man67
01-19-2012, 08:58 AM
while i know this is slightly in jest or worse ;)

im not at all worried about Eli for the game ... however i am worried about the illness affecting timing and the general routine of practice and drills

and possibly worse, will other players catch the "bug" later this week and have it affect their play in the game

barran21
01-19-2012, 09:01 AM
This is some lame fishing, Harooni is bored...

PS:GSE(grapefruit seed extract) Eli learn about it and go buy a damn bottle it will kill anything in your stomach within mins, even food poisoning...

GMENAGAIN
01-19-2012, 09:06 AM

^ This.

I also have confidence in Carr if he was forced into action. Much more so than whoever we had the last 2 years.
</P>

If Eli doesn't play, we lose . . . end of story.</P>

MattMeyerBud
01-19-2012, 09:15 AM

lol could u just wait til next year for ur Carr propaganda... we have enough visitors this week we have to deal with ha

EZ_E
01-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Speaking of Carr helping us...I wonder how much David Carr has been able to help run the scout team and get our defense prepared this week. Formerly being Alex Smith's backup, I'm sure he knows alot of his strengths, weaknesses, tendencies, etc..

jhamburg
01-19-2012, 11:09 AM
Crazy that this game is between two 1st overall picks, and even if Eli can't play it still will be!

ShakeNBake
01-19-2012, 11:41 AM

Just have him wear depends under his girdle

jhamburg
01-19-2012, 11:49 AM
This is some lame fishing, Harooni is bored...

PS:GSE(grapefruit seed extract)* Eli learn about it and go buy a damn bottle it will kill anything in your stomach within mins, even food poisoning...

I think I'll start a thread, Top 5 greatest giants RBs of all time:

Otis Anderson
Joe Morris
Frank Gifford
Rodney Hampton
Ron Johnson

Manning2Niks
01-19-2012, 12:06 PM
they will be pumping fluids into eli he will be fine

Ummmmm.....

Manning2Niks
01-19-2012, 12:17 PM
Crazy that this game is between two 1st overall picks, and even if Eli can't play it still will be!

I was actually thinking about that the other day in terms of 3 QB who were number 1 overall picks will be active on the same field for the same game. That's gotta be a first.

GMENAGAIN
01-19-2012, 02:15 PM
they will be pumping fluids into eli he will be fine</P>

Harooni is already first on line to help with this . . . . . . </P>