PDA

View Full Version : Does this 49ers team remind you of the 2000 ravens team that dominated us?

Sheli4life
01-19-2012, 12:42 AM
I like the way we are playing this right now and especially Sheli's amazing run as of late at the qb position. However I'm very worried the nfc championship game could be a repeat of our 2000 beatdown by the patriots. Look at what the 49ers did last week against the best offense in the history of the league. IF thye picked off drew brees a few times and forced 5 turnovers against such a disciplined saints team how can we ever expect the up and down sheli to do any better? Call me a hater but I still don't believe in sheli manning. I'm predicting a blowout by the 49ers.

I hope this team proves me wrong...

FDNY Fitzy
01-19-2012, 12:46 AM
That Ravens team gave up only 10 points a game the whole regular season. It was defensive dominance the likes of which is rarely ever seen.

Fastphilly
01-19-2012, 12:51 AM
That Ravens team gave up only 10 points a game the whole regular season. It was defensive dominance the likes of which is rarely ever seen.

49ers are giving up an average of 16 pts per game. They gave up 210pts in the regular season..Not too shabby

FDNY Fitzy
01-19-2012, 12:55 AM

49ers are giving up an average of 16 pts per game. They gave up 210pts in the regular season..Not too shabby

Oh, their D is great, don't get me wrong. I am just saying the Ravens of 2000 was on another level.

greenca190
01-19-2012, 12:56 AM

They gave up 32 last week; 20 when they played us last.

They are not playoff tested. We are. They have a rookie head coach. One that is not aware of how this playoff tournament plays out. Coughlin does.

I'm not saying we're going to walk away with this one. But I am saying we have the leadership to make this a win without thinking twice.

Fastphilly
01-19-2012, 01:02 AM

They are not playoff tested. We are. They have a rookie head coach. One that is not aware of how this playoff tournament plays out. Coughlin does.

I'm not saying we're going to walk away with this one. But I am saying we have the leadership to make this a win without thinking twice.

Gave up 32 pts against the best offence in recent memory..And half those pts came in the last four minutes with Drew Brees throwing 63 times..I'll take that. Don't give me that playoff tested junk, The Saints were two years removed from the Super Bowl, I'd say they were playoff tested...If you were so playoff tested then how come your team has been playoff dormant since 2008? Get outta here with that one.

FDNY Fitzy
01-19-2012, 01:05 AM
I think its a 50/50 game. Obviously we can debate the merits but what it will come down to is who shows up and wants it ore come this Sunday. I know i'm nervous and excited.

Concern for me is not the 9ers D so much a s the Giants offense and Tynes. A lot of our points have come on deep throws, and the 9ers will surely look to take that away. So can our run game and kicker earn us points? We are weak in the red zone. It remains to be seen.

Sheli4life
01-19-2012, 01:09 AM

has anyone ever been as dominate on run defense as the 49ers though? THey played a bunch of games this season without the best linebacker in the league and still gave up only 1 rushing td and that was on an extremely short field!

They only allowed 12 points per game and again that was with willis out for 5 games or so.

Not to mention the 49ers clearly have a better offense. After all that ravens team won a bunch of games soley on fgs and went like 3 games without a td...

JMFP2
01-19-2012, 01:11 AM
I like the way we are playing this right now and especially Sheli's amazing run as of late at the qb position. However I'm very worried the nfc championship game could be a repeat of our 2000 beatdown by the patriots. Look at what the 49ers did last week against the best offense in the history of the league. IF thye picked off drew brees a few times and forced 5 turnovers against such a disciplined saints team how can we ever expect the up and down sheli to do any better? Call me a hater but I still don't believe in sheli manning. I'm predicting a blowout by the 49ers.

</P>

If the Saints held on to the ball, they would have hung about 45 points on the 49ers.</P>

Fastphilly
01-19-2012, 01:14 AM
I think its a 50/50 game. Obviously we can debate the merits but what it will come down to is who shows up and wants it ore come this Sunday. I know i'm nervous and excited.

Concern for me is not the 9ers D so much a s the Giants offense and Tynes. A lot of our points have come on deep throws, and the 9ers will surely look to take that away. So can our run game and kicker earn us points? We are weak in the red zone. It remains to be seen.

Look I will be the first to admit that the 49ers offence doesn't shed fear in the eyes of their oppenents..It's pretty vanila...They just don't make many mistakes and have a defence to keep the game within a score late in the fourth so all it takes is a mistake by either team late in the game and somebody is packing their bags....Simple as that..There is no clear dominant team in this matchup..period. The AFC title game is another question...Brady should torch those old farts on defence.

JMFP2
01-19-2012, 01:17 AM

has anyone ever been as dominate on run defense as the 49ers though? THey played a bunch of games this season without the best linebacker in the league and still gave up only 1 rushing td and that was on an extremely short field!

They only allowed 12 points per game and again that was with willis out for 5 games or so.

Not to mention the 49ers clearly have a better offense. After all that ravens team won a bunch of games soley on fgs and went like 3 games without a td...
</P>

No comparison between the 49ers and Ravens.</P>

Fastphilly
01-19-2012, 01:19 AM

Look I will be the first to admit that the 49ers offence doesn't shed fear in the eyes of their oppenents..It's pretty vanila...They just don't make many mistakes and have a defence to keep the game within a score late in the fourth so all it takes is a mistake by either team late in the game and somebody is packing their bags....Simple as that..There is no clear dominant team in this matchup..period. The AFC title game is another question...Brady should torch those old farts on defence. .Also, to answer your question about the best way to get some throws on SF secondary is to go deep. They have been torched on some bombs downfield. The Cowboys OT game, Larry Fitzgerald, and the New Orleans TE last weekend..The latter of the two were the bad play of the defender not wrapping up the receiver and instead tried going for the pick

Sheli4life
01-19-2012, 01:22 AM

</p>

If the Saints held on to the ball, they would have hung about 45 points on the 49ers.</p>
no disrespect but we aren't the saints offense.

giantsfan420
01-19-2012, 01:24 AM
I like the way we are playing this right now and especially Sheli's amazing run as of late at the qb position.* However I'm very worried the nfc championship game could be a repeat of our 2000 beatdown by the patriots.* Look at what the 49ers did last week against the best offense in the history of the league.* IF thye picked off drew brees a few times and forced 5 turnovers against such a disciplined saints team how can we ever expect the up and down sheli to do any better?* Call me a hater but I still don't believe in sheli manning.* I'm predicting a blowout by the 49ers.*

first off, ur an obvious troll. we got no problems here when other fans come on here and are respectful no matter what there view may be.

second, the fact u said the patriots wooped us in 2000 makes it clear u arent a giants fan as it was the ravens who messed us up.

ANY giant fan knows that.

oh, and "sheli" is twice the qb of alex smith and mike vick.

u still arent sold on him yet?? well then ur just not only a troll, but a moron tard.

cant wait for sunday when we win and these 9er trolls disappear.

9ers fans have now tied the philly fans for most disrespectful and lame

FDNY Fitzy
01-19-2012, 01:24 AM
I like the way we are playing this right now and especially Sheli's amazing run as of late at the qb position.* However I'm very worried the nfc championship game could be a repeat of our 2000 beatdown by the patriots.* Look at what the 49ers did last week against the best offense in the history of the league.* IF thye picked off drew brees a few times and forced 5 turnovers against such a disciplined saints team how can we ever expect the up and down sheli to do any better?* Call me a hater but I still don't believe in sheli manning.* I'm predicting a blowout by the 49ers.*

</p>

If the Saints held on to the ball, they would have hung about 45 points on the 49ers.</p>
no disrespect but we aren't the saints offense.

If the Giants turn the ball over like the Saints did, I don'[t think anyone will question that the 9es will win.

TrueBlue10
01-19-2012, 01:27 AM

um, I don't toss around the term "troll" too often. But, this is one of the lamest attempts at (really obvious) trolling ever, right?

No current Giants fan could be so down on Eli, and he seems to know a lot about the 49ers for such a "Giants fan."

Not getting the team right in the midst of the post ("beatdown by the patriots") is just icing on the troll cake!

... gimme a break.

King-Cali
01-19-2012, 01:27 AM
Coughlin is an old fart, Harbaugh played in the league for 15 years. Giants only scored 20 because they had to go Aints style and throw it 50 times because they were down 14. Ohhhh, the Giants are on a 4 game win streak!!! BFD, guarantee niners injure 3 of the giants in the first qtr. And if you're ahead in the 4th, you should worry, Alex has come back in the 4th qtr to win 7 times this year.

I pity you guys. Also, Eli acts like he doesn't have a pair of balls.

FDNY Fitzy
01-19-2012, 01:29 AM
Coughlin is an old fart, Harbaugh played in the league for 15 years. Giants only scored 20 because they had to go Aints style and throw it 50 times because they were down 14. Ohhhh, the Giants are on a 4 game win streak!!! BFD, guarantee niners injure 3 of the giants in the first qtr. And if you're ahead in the 4th, you should worry, Alex has come back in the 4th qtr to win 7 times this year.

You do realize Eli set the NFL record for 4th quarter comeback wins this season...

TrueBlue10
01-19-2012, 01:30 AM

*sigh*... this thread is in real trouble =P

King-Cali
01-19-2012, 01:32 AM

You do realize Eli set the NFL record for 4th quarter comeback wins this season...

He won all nine games from behind? Because if he didn't get at least 6 during the regular season, he didn't. That's what Alex got regular season, plus the saints game last week.

King-Cali
01-19-2012, 01:33 AM

</P>

If the Saints held on to the ball, they would have hung about 45 points on the 49ers.</P>

Like they did to the Giants?

FDNY Fitzy
01-19-2012, 01:34 AM

He won all nine games from behind? Because if he didn't get at least 6 during the regular season, he didn't. That's what Alex got regular season, plus the saints game last week.

I guess it was 4th quarter touchdowns.

Caught me in a bad moment. Got stats mixed up. We have a lot of trolls today so im trying to keep stuff straight in my head while maintaining an even temperament.

Sheli4life
01-19-2012, 01:41 AM

first off, ur an obvious troll. we got no problems here when other fans come on here and are respectful no matter what there view may be.

second, the fact u said the patriots wooped us in 2000 makes it clear u arent a giants fan as it was the ravens who messed us up.

ANY giant fan knows that.

oh, and "sheli" is twice the qb of alex smith and mike vick.

u still arent sold on him yet?? well then ur just not only a troll, but a moron tard.

cant wait for sunday when we win and these 9er trolls disappear.

9ers fans have now tied the philly fans for most disrespectful and lame

I didn't say the 2000 patriots beat us did I? I mean the thread name has ravens in it so If I did it's a typo...

King-Cali
01-19-2012, 01:43 AM

I guess it was 4th quarter touchdowns.

Caught me in a bad moment. Got stats mixed up. We have a lot of trolls today so im trying to keep stuff straight in my head while maintaining an even temperament.

It's all good, Giants and Niners are two very well rounded teams, I'm just glad it's us and not Packers and Saints, with them only having one aspect of a good team. It will be a great game, just wanted to talk some s*it. Both of our teams should be proud of what we have accomplished so far.

JayDAche
01-19-2012, 01:45 AM

</P>

There's a lot of this
"IF" This... "IF" That...

For people who are tired of hearing the, IF THE PACKERS DIDN'T DROP PASSES...

Kind of hypocritical that you all keep pointing to the turnovers.

Simply put, they've been forcing turnovers all season, against everyone.
I wouldn't exactly call it a fluke.

JayDAche
01-19-2012, 01:48 AM

I find that hard to believe between Alex Smith and Tebow.

Sheli4life
01-19-2012, 01:48 AM

um, I don't toss around the term "troll" too often. But, this is one of the lamest attempts at (really obvious) trolling ever, right?

No current Giants fan could be so down on Eli, and he seems to know a lot about the 49ers for such a "Giants fan."

Not getting the team right in the midst of the post ("beatdown by the patriots") is just icing on the troll cake!

... gimme a break.

Come on man a troll? I joined because I'm excited that we can win another rematch again tom brady the king of hype with just one win against the 9ers. I've always disliked Sheli since he refused to play for the chargers. I wanted us to draft rivers and I still stand by this even after Eli had the best year of his career. Do you guys have a really bad memory about how eli played last year and in the past? Even in the superbowl season he thre way too many ints.

Look at his career int's minus his rookie year...

2005-17
2006-18

2007-20
2008-10
2009-14
2010-25
2011-16

Sorry but I think we would have a few more superbowls if Eli didn't throw so many damn ints...

FDNY Fitzy
01-19-2012, 01:51 AM

um, I don't toss around the term "troll" too often.* But, this is one of the lamest attempts at (really obvious) trolling ever, right?

... gimme a break.

Come on man a troll?* I joined because I'm excited that we can win another rematch again tom brady the king of hype with just one win against the 9ers.* I've always disliked Sheli since he refused to play for the chargers.* I wanted us to draft rivers and I still stand by this even after Eli had the best year of his career.* Do you guys have a really bad memory about how eli played last year and in the past?* Even in the superbowl season he thre way too many ints.

2005-17
2006-18

2007-20
2008-10
2009-14
2010-25
2011-16

Sorry but I think we would have a few more superbowls if Eli didn't throw so many damn ints...

Brett Favre, a multi super bowl QB and considered by many to be the best of all time, threw ovber 330 interceptions in 300 career games.

Eli has thrown 129 in 121 games.

Favre threw more picks per game than Eli has.

Sheli4life
01-19-2012, 01:53 AM

... gimme a break.

Come on man a troll? I joined because I'm excited that we can win another rematch again tom brady the king of hype with just one win against the 9ers. I've always disliked Sheli since he refused to play for the chargers. I wanted us to draft rivers and I still stand by this even after Eli had the best year of his career. Do you guys have a really bad memory about how eli played last year and in the past? Even in the superbowl season he thre way too many ints.

2005-17
2006-18

2007-20
2008-10
2009-14
2010-25
2011-16

Brett Favre, a multi super bowl QB and considered by many to be the best of all time, threw ovber 330 interceptions in 300 career games.

I wouldn't want farve on my team. He woulda had probably 4 or 5 superbowl rings except that he is a turnover machine. Look at his int vs the saints in the nfc championship game. He lost it 4 them. I don't wana see our qb compared to farve

FDNY Fitzy
01-19-2012, 01:57 AM

um, I don't toss around the term "troll" too often.* But, this is one of the lamest attempts at (really obvious) trolling ever, right?

... gimme a break.

Come on man a troll?* I joined because I'm excited that we can win another rematch again tom brady the king of hype with just one win against the 9ers.* I've always disliked Sheli since he refused to play for the chargers.* I wanted us to draft rivers and I still stand by this even after Eli had the best year of his career.* Do you guys have a really bad memory about how eli played last year and in the past?* Even in the superbowl season he thre way too many ints.

2005-17
2006-18

2007-20
2008-10
2009-14
2010-25
2011-16

I wouldn't want farve on my team. He woulda had probably 4 or 5 superbowl rings except that he is a turnover machine.* Look at his int vs the saints in the nfc championship game.* He lost it 4 them.* I don't wana see our qb compared to farve

You joined literally today. Your name, Avatar and signature are devoted to trashing our franchise QB who has carried this team all through the season, and is the best in franchise history. And now you have said that you wouldn't ant a prime Brett Favre on this team.

This tells e just about everything I need to know about you, good sir. You are either an idiot or an imbecile, and most certainly a troll.

Sheli4life
01-19-2012, 02:01 AM

... gimme a break.

2005-17
2006-18

2007-20
2008-10
2009-14
2010-25
2011-16

I wouldn't want farve on my team. He woulda had probably 4 or 5 superbowl rings except that he is a turnover machine. Look at his int vs the saints in the nfc championship game. He lost it 4 them. I don't wana see our qb compared to farve

You joined literally today. Your name, Avatar and signature are devoted to trashing our franchise QB who has carried this team all through the season, and is the best in franchise history. And now you have said that you wouldn't ant a prime Brett Favre on this team.

This tells e just about everything I need to know about you, good sir. You are either an idiot or an imbecile, and most certainly a troll.

I'm not a troll. I wouldn't have wanted prime brett farve. I would rather have prime peyton manning or prime drew brees. Those guys are far better qb's than brett far imo. Brett farve is admirable for his toughness and will to win but I still have never been a big fan.

I'll admit eli has had a good year but still, 16 ints is an awful lot. I would say our dline carried us as much as eli has.

NWKEffectElement
01-19-2012, 02:06 AM
Piss off troll.

Sheli4life
01-19-2012, 02:08 AM
Piss off troll.
I get called a troll because i don't like eli? Can you honestly tell me you weren't in the same boat last year?

TrueBlue10
01-19-2012, 02:50 AM
This has to be the most pathetic attempt at trolling I have ever seen... does he even understand the concept?

Sheli4life
01-19-2012, 02:52 AM
This has to be the most pathetic attempt at trolling I have ever seen... does he even understand the concept?

http://media.northjersey.com/images/giantsEli.jpg

TrueBlue10
01-19-2012, 02:55 AM

So you reply by posting the image where Willis broke his face on Eli's SB ring?

You're trolling wrong!!

Sheli4life
01-19-2012, 02:57 AM

You're trolling wrong!!

Eli looks like the one in pain to me!!

http://www.jumiah.com/images/brick_wall_sig.jpg

FDNY Fitzy
01-19-2012, 03:06 AM

You're trolling wrong!!

Eli has not missed a game due to injury in his NFL career. So whether or not he is in pain... I mean we could really give a ****. He never misses a game.

Sheli4life
01-19-2012, 03:07 AM

You're trolling wrong!!

Eli has not missed a game due to injury in his NFL career. So whether or not he is in pain... I mean we could really give a ****. He never misses a game.
wrong, eli has never missed a start because of injury.

That's probably more luck than anything. Here is a guy who is such a pansy he has his dad talk for him...

FDNY Fitzy
01-19-2012, 03:11 AM

You're trolling wrong!!

That's probably more luck than anything.* Here is a guy who is such a pansy he has his dad talk for him...

The 3rd longest streak for QB starts ever is luck.

Okay. I know San Frans are a bunch of smug liberal *******s who like the smell of their own farts, but really? Is your head that far up your own ***?

FDNY Fitzy
01-19-2012, 03:15 AM
San Francisco is responsible for electing Nancy Pelosi, and subjecting the rest of America to her,

That is about all I really need to say about that place.

JJC7301
01-19-2012, 03:18 AM

has anyone ever been as dominate on run defense as the 49ers though?* THey played a bunch of games this season without the best linebacker in the league and still gave up only 1 rushing td and that was on an extremely short field!

Not to mention the 49ers clearly have a better offense.* After all that ravens team won a bunch of games soley on fgs and went like 3 games without a td...
</P>

No comparison between the 49ers and Ravens.</P>
Win the SB, 49er fans. Then make comparisons to great defenses. Who knows -- maybe you'll wind up half as good as the '86 Giants D.

GameTime
01-19-2012, 07:35 AM

</P>

why cant you just come on the board and act like a mature football fan instead of a ****ehead...</P>

oh thats right......you cant help it. You're a scared little ****** who has to make fun of Eli because you know **** about football...</P>

Good job ******....</P>

</P>

hungrrrry
01-19-2012, 08:12 AM
The giants of 2000 couldn't score more than 20 points per game but just found ways to win that year...Mara even said it was the worse team to ever go to the super bowl....he said this because the media was saying it and he wanted to be antagonistic to the media.

This giants team has the best offense of the final four and as it is playing now, possibly the best defense.

Id say it is a lot different

FBomb
01-19-2012, 08:14 AM

</P>

Do you really think you're fooling anyone here, whiner fan?</P>

OX1
01-19-2012, 08:19 AM
That Ravens team gave up only 10 points a game the whole regular season. It was defensive dominance the likes of which is rarely ever seen. 49ers are giving up an average of 16 pts per game. They gave up 210pts in the regular season..Not too shabby</P>

Not to impressive when you look at the offenses they have played. The average for the year is 20th in terms of points. They played 3 games against top 10 offenses all year (in terms ofpoints, which is the only thing that matters). They played 10 games agaisnt offenses that were 23rd or worse in points this year.So yeah, it's easy to hold teams to low points when they don't ever put up points anyway. </P>

LT_was_good
01-19-2012, 08:37 AM
If we're comparing this 49ers team to Super Bowl winners, I'd say they're more like the 2002 Bucs.

miked1958
01-19-2012, 09:03 AM
The fact that we even gave this thread 4pages of posts irks me. Dont feed the Trolls

MattMeyerBud
01-19-2012, 09:06 AM

LoL, are u suggesting your defense is as good as the 2000 Ravens?

If you guarantee it, hook up your paypal account and put your money where ur mouth is troll. But we all know that you won't because you don't have any balls --- except in your mouth (i mean you ARE from San Fran)

Lol, Alex Smith is your QB and YOU pity us? Too bad your a coward using a fake email address so that once we whip your *** u can't be contacted. First time your relevent in 17 years, dont' worry we don't need your pity. You've only won 1 playoff game and all of a sudden your a dominant team?

You don't have a dome team who can only play one side of the ball coming to town, you have a team that relishes playing on the road, who can play both sides of the ball, and has a SIGNIFICANTLY better better offense than you and i'd say at the moment we have a push at defense.

ITs going to be an ugly ending for a pretty season funboy

barran21
01-19-2012, 09:08 AM

Gave up 32 pts against the best offence in recent memory..And half those pts came in the last four minutes with Drew Brees throwing 63 times..I'll take that. Don't give me that playoff tested junk, The Saints were two years removed from the Super Bowl, I'd say they were playoff tested...If you were so playoff tested then how come your team has been playoff dormant since 2008? Get outta here with that one.

lol lol lol, falling for the media BS, the Saints have a very good offense but the Packers were the best offense this season scoring second most points in NFL HISTORY...

MattMeyerBud
01-19-2012, 09:11 AM

lol lol lol, falling for the media BS, the Saints have a very good offense but the Packers were the best offense this season scoring second most points in NFL HISTORY...

and last time I checked the Saints numbers significantly drop when they aren't in a dome and we went INTO LAMBO. Not to mention the only two TDs the Pack scored was on a fumble that should of gone our way (per NFL apology) and a PHANTOM late hit on Osi

SweetZombieJesus
01-19-2012, 09:34 AM
I'm worried the worst stadium in the league will collapse from all the whiner fans heading to the exit in the 3rd quarter at once.

SweetZombieJesus
01-19-2012, 09:44 AM

That's probably more luck than anything. Here is a guy who is such a pansy he has his dad talk for him...

You realize he currently owns the NFL consecutive start streak, right?

You also realize we've never seen anyone other than him start for this team since midway through 2004? Hell you can probably count the number of times he's come out of a game on one hand and have fingers left over.

Try harder, you suck at this.