PDA

View Full Version : FYI 49ers are 16th in the league vs the pass & we ran well on them last time.

DragonSoul
01-19-2012, 02:35 AM
They may play hard, and fast. But they are not lights out. And it plays to our strengths.

Alex Smith = Game manager at best (had 2nd least amount of passing attempts in the NFL right behind 2nd year Tebow (Broncos))

If the saints had some semblance of defense they would have lost.

Seriously their defense gets the offense 4 turnovers before half and Alex put up 17 points, with some very short fields to boot.

Just like vs GB we hadn't had some key players. Might not be as close as people may think. Unless we are playing in torrential rain. And now they are saying its starting too look good.

Fastphilly
01-19-2012, 02:39 AM
They may play hard, and fast. But they are not lights out. And it plays to our strengths.

Alex Smith = Game manager at best (had 2nd least amount of passing attempts in the NFL right behind 2nd year Tebow (Broncos))

Seriously their defense gets the offense 4 turnovers before half and Alex put up 17 points, with some very short fields to boot.

Just like vs GB we hadn't had some key players. Might not be as close as people may think. Unless we are playing in torrential rain. And now they are saying its starting too look good.

49ers are 16th in pass defence in yards allowed, but are first in points allowed. When opposing offences get inside the 20 they kick field goals...

JayDAche
01-19-2012, 02:40 AM

Our D and O are both much improved from the first meeting IMO...

The Giants aren't the only team who have done some growing.

We are also 16th in the league vs the pass because teams can't run on us. So most end up going to the air a majority of the time.

Pakman
01-19-2012, 02:41 AM

49ers are 16th in pass defence in yards allowed, but are first in points allowed. When opposing offences get inside the 20 they kick field goals...

DAMN IT!

I hate this ..can Sunday just be here already!

DragonSoul
01-19-2012, 02:50 AM

We are also 16th in the league vs the pass because teams can't run on us. So most end up going to the air a majority of the time.Some of that is true, but we have passed for over 300 yards, 2 TDs, and ran for 93 yards w/o Bradshaw.

We were ahead till we lost bole, and right after we lost him, you guys attacked his rookie replacement (who hasn't played much since then) for a huge TD and lead. We have Boley back and a different Rookie lb who is better/faster and now more experienced. We also had Manningham drop a ball 4 a TD.

We shall see, but it should be fun.

scf424
01-19-2012, 02:52 AM

We are also 16th in the league vs the pass because teams can't run on us. So most end up going to the air a majority of the time.

Good thing the Giants can score from the 40 or 50 or the other 40, etc.

JayDAche
01-19-2012, 02:59 AM

Did you quote the right person?..

Because if you are posting this to me I'm not sure of it's relevance to what I said.

scf424
01-19-2012, 03:03 AM

Did you quote the right person?..

Because if you are posting this to me I'm not sure of it's relevance to what I said.

Yea I meant to quote Fastphilly but I had a brainfart and it wouldn't let me delete it.

DragonSoul
01-19-2012, 11:45 AM
Here is their schedule.

Seattle - Division game
Cowboys - The Tony Choke game
Bengals - Playoff team won 13-8 (talk about a sleeper)
Eagles - The Vick Choke game
Tampa Bay - Need I say more
Lions - Did not beat a team w/a winning record
Browns - Need I say more?
Skins - No Comment
NYG - We know what happened
Cards - Need I say more
Balt - They lost - Playoff team - Real defense
Rams - Need I say more?
Cards - Repeat
Pitt - They beat 20-3
Seattle - Repeat
Rams - Repeat

Playoffs - Saints - Great win, but no defense.

So they beat 4 Winning teams. Bengals, Pitt, Lions and Saints in the playoffs.

12-4 - Balt
12-4 - Pitt
9-7 - Giants
9-7 - Bengals
8-8 - Eagles
8-8 - Cowboys
5-11 - Skins
8-8 x 2 - Cards
7-9 x 2 - Seattle
2-14 x 2 - Rams
4-12 - Browns
10-6 - Lions
4-12 - Tampa Bay
13-3 NO

W/L record of team -
W = 136 and Loss = 132

TheCatchIII
01-19-2012, 12:59 PM
Pitt - They lost to another playoff team

We beat Pitt

G-Men Surg.
01-19-2012, 01:12 PM
The truth of the matter is that stats don't mean nothing at this point. The only thing that matter IMO is who's going to show up on sunday and who wants It more . That's it .

JJC7301
01-19-2012, 01:15 PM
Pitt - They lost to another playoff team We beat Pitt</P>

Yep, they beat Pitt 20-3 in SF. Big Ben through for 330 yards and no TDs.</P>

Double Davis if necessary and focus on the stopping the run.</P>

DragonSoul
01-19-2012, 01:50 PM
Pitt - They lost to another playoff team We beat Pitt</P>

Yep, they beat Pitt 20-3 in SF.* Big Ben through for 330 yards and no TDs.*</P>

Double Davis if necessary and focus on the stopping the run.</P>My bad, apparently I was dyslexic and I looked it over. Will correct it.

TheCatchIII
01-19-2012, 02:29 PM
I know excuses are like *******s but the schedule could not have been setup worse for us in that Balt game.

Travel to East Coast for a Thurs night game?

Play Sun, rest Mon, practive Tues, travel Wed.

That is pretty tough.

Anyways, still, we lossed.

OX1
01-19-2012, 02:43 PM

The opposing offenses were a very weak bunch on your sched, so you made teams that don't score, not score......... (cept detroit, will give you that one)

OX1
01-19-2012, 02:55 PM
Pitt - They lost to another playoff team We beat Pitt</p>

Yep, they beat Pitt 20-3 in SF. Big Ben through for 330 yards and no TDs.</p>

Double Davis if necessary and focus on the stopping the run.</p>

That was the game Ben needed walker, not a great guage of impressiveness on the niner D. Even if healthy, Pit was 22nd in points scored for the year (which kind of surprised me).

GMENAGAIN
01-19-2012, 03:03 PM
93 yards on 29 carries is running the ball well????

Zaggs
01-19-2012, 03:04 PM
93 yards on 29 carries is running the ball well????

For this team, this year, yes.

DragonSoul
01-19-2012, 03:14 PM
I know excuses are like *******s but the schedule could not have been setup worse for us in that Balt game.

Travel to East Coast for a Thurs night game?

Play Sun, rest Mon, practive Tues, travel Wed.

That is pretty tough.

Anyways, still, we lossed.Did you see our last 10 games? And the last 8 out of the last 10 we were not healthy.

Thats is partially why you see such a big change in the giants, especially on defense.

DragonSoul
01-19-2012, 03:18 PM
93 yards on 29 carries is running the ball well????It is approximately 3.23 a carry on average. Considering it is slightly below average, but it gets the job done, by making them respect the run and pass.

But its far from what we are use to or would like.

MA49fan
01-19-2012, 05:14 PM
93 yards on 29 carries is running the ball well????It is approximately 3.23 a carry on average. Considering it is slightly below average, but it gets the job done, by making them respect the run and pass.

But its far from what we are use to or would like.

You aren't "getting the job done" if you lose. Niners averaged 3.85 ypc in that game despite Gore's inability to get through an inury and posting a goose egg.

JayDAche
01-19-2012, 05:55 PM
Pitt - They lost to another playoff team We beat Pitt</p>

Yep, they beat Pitt 20-3 in SF.* Big Ben through for 330 yards and no TDs.*</p>

Double Davis if necessary and focus on the stopping the run.</p>

*That was the game Ben needed walker, not a great guage of impressiveness on the niner D. Even if healthy, Pit was 22nd in points scored for the year (which kind of surprised me).

I find it hard to believe that passing for 330 yds puts him in the category of needing a walker.