PDA

View Full Version : Irish Giants fan travelling over 5,000 miles for the game and ticketless

IrishGiant84
01-19-2012, 02:57 AM
Hi All

If this is the incorrect place to post this in the forums, please feel to remove it.

As the subject states, I am a huge G-men fan in my 20s from Dublin, Ireland travelling to San Francisco for the weekend for the game.

My first concern is going ticketless as I have never done this to a sporting event before,

My primary concern is the hostility and aggression that will be shown to me if I am by myself at the game in my Giants shirt. I have been to soccer matches all over Europe and to a number college and NFL games in America but have always been with someone from the home team.

My plan for this game was to get a ticket from a scalper on the day and go by myself. After reading about the treatment of Saints fans at the game, I'm having second thoughts about this.

Is there a group of Giants fans going together that might have a spare ticket that I could purchase?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Shane

JJC7301
01-19-2012, 03:05 AM
Hi All

If this is the incorrect place to post this in the forums, please feel to remove it.

As the subject states, I am a huge G-men fan in my 20s from Dublin, Ireland travelling to San Francisco for the weekend for the game.

My first concern is going ticketless as I have never done this to a sporting event before,

My primary concern is the hostility and aggression that will be shown to me if I am by myself at the game in my Giants shirt. I have been to soccer matches all over Europe and to a number college and NFL games in America but have always been with someone from the home team.

My plan for this game was to get a ticket from a scalper on the day and go by myself. After reading about the treatment of Saints fans at the game, I'm having second thoughts about this.

Is there a group of Giants fans going together that might have a spare ticket that I could purchase?

Thank you

Shane
Awesome! Wear the Giants shirt, but be weary. Seems like the 49er fans take their thuggery into the stadium with them. And please post here after the game to let us know how your experience was.

UK-Giantsfan
01-19-2012, 07:17 AM
having done it 5 times ....my only advice is GET YOUR TICKET BEFORE YOU FLY

Also , dont go alone to away games ........no problem with home games . make sure you go with some Giants fans who you know (or have some aquaintance with )

Good luck ...i wish i could go ....but i went to the Atlanta game on 8 Jan and im skint now

regards
UK

TrueBlue07
01-19-2012, 07:55 AM
I would get a ticket off stubhub. I read online someone was arrested for selling counterfeit tickets at the Saints/49ers game.

Everything I've heard about the people/atmosphere at Candlestick has been terrible. Thugs, degenerates, bandwagon fans. I wouldn't feel comfortable going alone unless you have very thick skin and take these animals getting within 1 inch of your face & not knocking someones teeth out

FIFTY6G-MAN
01-19-2012, 08:46 AM
Hi All If this is the incorrect place to post this in the forums, please feel to remove it. As the subject states, I am a huge G-men fan in my 20s from Dublin, Ireland travelling to San Francisco for the weekend for the game. My first concern is going ticketless as I have never done this to a sporting event before, My primary concern is the hostility and aggression that will be shown to me if I am by myself at the game in my Giants shirt. I have been to soccer matches all over Europe and to a number college and NFL games in America but have always been with someone from the home team. My plan for this game was to get a ticket from a scalper on the day and go by myself. After reading about the treatment of Saints fans at the game, I'm having second thoughts about this. Is there a group of Giants fans going together that might have a spare ticket that I could purchase? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated Thank you Shane

Wow what a bummer. Why would you waste your money to see the giants run into a brick wall?

DO NOT COME IN HERE AND TALK SMACK TO ONE OF OUR NY GIANTS MEMBERS WHO ARE ASKING A LEGIT QUESTION SHELIGIRL4LIFE!!! TAKE YOUR BUTT TO THE SMACK TALK FORUM FOR THAT!! Sorry Irishgiant84 about this troll, I wish i could hang with you at the game!! Good Luck on your search!

Rotor88
01-19-2012, 09:23 AM
try ticketexchange got mine from them ,
I will be at the game too hope to see a lot of Giant Fans out there....
Go Blue!

Razur
01-19-2012, 09:34 AM
Hi All

Thank you

Shane

Wow what a bummer.* Why would you waste your money to see the giants run into a brick wall?

http://www.jumiah.com/images/brick_wall_sig.jpg

On second thought it probably will be pretty entertaining!

Wear the Jersey proudly. Be aware though San Fransico fans are low life thugs, and do not represent the NFL's best in any way. Hope you have a good time. Go Giants!!!

IrishGiant84
01-19-2012, 09:35 AM
i was thinking of just going to Aces Bar in San Francisco, which is the NY Giants bar in the city.

Possibly meeting up with some fellow fans there in the hope of one of them having a spare ticket.

The more I read up on Candelstick, the more worried I am about going alone

Kase-1
01-19-2012, 09:50 AM
Being an Irishman you're tougher than the average fan. I wouldnt worry about the 'thuggery' that goes on in the 9ers preseason games. Those guys are either locked up by now and/or cant afford the $300 playoff tickets.

Im sure there will be tons of people smack talking but you'll be fine. My buddy who is a HUGE Giants fan makes the trip up from San Diego every time we play them and he's NEVER had an issue with their fans

Rotor88
01-19-2012, 10:04 AM
We'll be staying in the downtown area, 7 total, wish i had an extra ticket to sell ya...

sligoker
01-19-2012, 10:09 AM
My friend. Seriously, get a ticket before you go and DONT let on that you are a Giants fan. These San Francisco fans have a horrible reputation as being a small step above white trash. They are a violent bunch, although as individuals they are *******. I would hate to see anything happen to you.

Aces998
01-19-2012, 11:47 AM
Going alone would be pretty tough. We'll have 2 buses and a tailgate area set up in the parking lot Sunday. If you decide to go and find a ticket stop by. If you decide on Aces Bar get there early and I mean before 11 A.M. early. Its going to be nuts over there.

ToomerFORtheBomb
01-19-2012, 12:30 PM
i was thinking of just going to Aces Bar in San Francisco, which is the NY Giants bar in the city.

Possibly meeting up with some fellow fans there in the hope of one of them having a spare ticket.

The more I read up on Candelstick, the more worried I am about going alone

I would contact the Giants. They have a travel program. I remember hearing on the radio that they reserve a certain amount of tickets for away games. I don't want to get your hopes up because it's possible they are sold out but you may be able to get a ticket from them located within an entire section of Giant fans.

Rotor88
Hey Aces998, do you guys have a large group?

Reporter718
Hey Shane - I'm a reporter with the NY Post and we would love to do a story on your trek. Shoot me an email at saa631@yahoo.com. Thanks!

IrishGiant84
01-19-2012, 01:10 PM
ToomerFORtheBomb I know its a long shot but would have any contact details for who to contact within the Giants in relation to tickets?

I fly from Dublin tomorrow morning.....just over 5,800miles of flights and 18hours of travel to get there

ryan12
01-19-2012, 01:23 PM
Hi All

Thank you

Shane

im a 100% IRISH and i love the giants good luck on your trip you will find some giants fans that will want to party have a great time

Eli TO Shockey
01-19-2012, 02:42 PM
Much respect! I bought my tickets on eBay after negotiating with sellers for 2 days. Buying 1 ticket will be cheaper than buying A pair.I recommend u go on eBay and send emails offering lower prices for their tickets as its already Thursday and I'm sure they are starting to get desperate. That will get you a much better deal than stubhub or any other reseller. I will be more than happy to meet up as all my friends are niners fans and will be In a sea of red!! Let me know how if u need any more help.

Go blue!!!

Delvin_24
01-19-2012, 04:29 PM
ToomerFORtheBomb I know its a long shot but would have any contact details for who to contact within the Giants in relation to tickets? I fly from Dublin tomorrow morning.....just over 5,800miles of flights and 18hours of travel to get there</P>

49er fan and longtime STHhere with some insight...</P>

Tickets will be available on StubHub all the way up until about 2 hours prior to kickoff...these will be "Instant Download" tickets, so you can print on hotel's printer or internet cafe, etc. And trust me, prices will DROP A LOT by Sunday morning, especially singles.</P>

There's also Craigslist,but without the time to really vet whether you're getting scammed(orworse, beaten/robbed...it happens a lot), I wouldn't risk it. </P>

Under no circumstances would I consider a scalper...even if a ticket is NOT a counterfeit, it could be "real" but invalid.Here's what happens...season ticket holders get their hardcopy tickets, but then they mightconvert them over to "electronic delivery" because they're selling them, etc. Well they still have the hardcopy tix, but the moment they went into their 49ers account to transfer them, that invalidates the hardcopy ticket. You have no way of knowingthat until it gets scanned at the gate.</P>

SH is pretty safe from the scam standpoint, andthey do have a gurantee if you DO get scammed...of course doesn't help you standing there at the stadium with an invalid/fake ticket, but atleast you have some recourse. </P>

As for attending the game solo, I think the odds are that you'll be okay, but I honestly would not recommend it. Without question the 'Stick crowds have become infested with thugs and losers. It's still not as bad as some venues, but there's a bad element there that is only getting worse. Whether you're in a rental car or whatever, do not, I repeat, DO NOT go "sightseeing" anywhere near Candlestick. That stadium sits smack dabin the Hunter's Point area of SF...it's one of these areas where cops don't even like to go unless they really have to.</P>

Have fun and stay safe.</P>

ToomerFORtheBomb
01-19-2012, 05:00 PM
ToomerFORtheBomb I know its a long shot but would have any contact details for who to contact within the Giants in relation to tickets?

I fly from Dublin tomorrow morning.....just over 5,800miles of flights and 18hours of travel to get there

I would contact big blue travel.This way you can rest assured you'll be safe, you'll be with other Giant fans and will probably make some new friends...

According to their site bigbluetravel.com they are sold out but it wouldn't hurt to give them a try. Explain your story and maybe if you hook up with that reporter, they can find a spot for you. It would be good publicity for them.

Aces998
01-21-2012, 12:13 PM
We have 2 Buses 100 people total. They are Full at this point. Our catering and bar is only prepared to handle 100 but if you want to hang w/ Giants fans We'll be in the bus lot. It shouldn't be to difficult to find our group. We check our Facebook page more frequently than this if we can help w/ any questions. Good luck and have fun.

RobCarpenter
01-21-2012, 01:21 PM
I got a feeling this article is about the Giants Fans Bar in San Fran that Aces998 mentions:</P>

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/it_blue_bar_u20RcdZKPDdTIkcnG4uO5H</P>

If I were going to San Fran, I'd have to check this place out.</P>

</P>

</P>