PDA

View Full Version : According to Dez "The Cowboys are unbeatable"

Sundown
10-22-2011, 02:13 PM
Dez goes on to say the Cowboys beat themselves to lose their games AND made a comment the NFL is easier than college. Dude goes missing the 2nd half of games yet the NFL is easier? Dude has tons of talent but can't run a good route and bone headed diva to boot, what an idiot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuYsAPGnIjQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=apdVH63oTno

Ntegrase96
10-22-2011, 02:24 PM
Dez isn't smart, but I'd agree that two of the three games we lost were games we gave up.

Edit: I like his confidence but the comment shouldn't have made it out of the locker room.

Sundown
10-22-2011, 02:32 PM
Dez isn't smart, but I'd agree that two of the three games we lost were games we gave up.

I can't remember how the last couple games ended/lost, ints and bad play calling?

Dez goes purely on talent and doesn't work to hone his skills. He doesn't know the playbook or how to run a good route. Honestly he doesn't deserve to wear the 88. I couldn't stand Irvin but i respected how much he worked at his craft. Dez not so much. The new stadium isn't big enough to hold that big of an ego.

GiantWarfare
10-22-2011, 02:36 PM
Irvin is an all-time great. A hell of a player, a Cowboy legend but one thing's for sure...the next 88 isn't even a Cowboy.

Hakeem the Dream will soon make believers out of the naysayers and will open the eyes of those who still don't know.

End of story.

Ntegrase96
10-22-2011, 02:38 PM

I can't remember how the last couple games ended/lost, ints and bad play calling?

Dez goes purely on talent and doesn't work to hone his skills. He doesn't know the playbook or how to run a good route. Honestly he doesn't deserve to wear the 88. I couldn't stand Irvin but i respected how much he worked at his craft. Dez not so much. The new stadium isn't big enough to hold that big of an ego.

He's got a reputation for being lazy, but I'm not so sure how accurate that statement is. On game day nobody gives more effort the Bryant. If he's lazy, it's outside of the lines. He's a kid who needs a positive influence.

The first two games we've lost have were turnover implosions, the last one was because we were conservative due to the fact that we had implosions. Each game we lost we were leading in the fourth quarter... actually up until the final few minutes IIRC.

Sundown
10-22-2011, 02:44 PM

He's got a reputation for being lazy, but I'm not so sure how accurate that statement is. On game day nobody gives more effort the Bryant. If he's lazy, it's outside of the lines. He's a kid who needs a positive influence.

The first two games we've lost have were turnover implosions, the last one was because we were conservative due to the fact that we had implosions. Each game we lost we were leading in the fourth quarter... actually up until the final few minutes IIRC.

I just feel like a true playmaker shows up in the 4th. haven't seen him do that yet. He has a the energy in the world just he needs to apply to the game when it counts.

I know one things for sure and we can agree on the Rangers better put the smack down on them Cards!!!

Sundown
Irvin is an all-time great. A hell of a player, a Cowboy legend but one thing's for sure...the next 88 isn't even a Cowboy.

Hakeem the Dream will soon make believers out of the naysayers and will open the eyes of those who still don't know.

End of story.

QFT!!!!!!!!

Ntegrase96

End of story.

Nicks is very good. Comparing he and Bryant may not last too much longer. Nicks is fielding what I think is close to his ceiling for potential, whereas Bryant is nowhere near it.

There are indications that Dez doesn't know the playbook. Bryant's football IQ and injuries may keep him from reaching full potential. He's good enough to get by on skill alone but he could be so much better.

Ntegrase96
10-22-2011, 02:47 PM

I just feel like a true playmaker shows up in the 4th. haven't seen him do that yet. He has a the energy in the world just he needs to apply to the game when it counts.

I know one things for sure and we can agree on the Rangers better put the smack down on them Cards!!!

He's largely disappeared in the 2nd half but I can't say for certain why. Tony defers to his safety blankets Austin and Witten late in games, and I have no problem with that. Kitna relied more on Bryant and the numbers show.

And yes. The Rangers BETTER pull through! They just need key guys to start playing normally (Young and Hamilton) and I think they'll be fine.

Sundown
10-22-2011, 02:56 PM

End of story.

Nicks is very good. Comparing he and Bryant may not last too much longer. Nicks is fielding what I think is close to his ceiling for potential, whereas Bryant is nowhere near it.

There are indications that Dez doesn't know the playbook. Bryant's football IQ and injuries may keep him from reaching full potential. He's good enough to get by on skill alone but he could be so much better.

Your really think Nicks is getting close to his ceiling!? Nicks had almost a 1000yd season his rookie year and thats missing games. It takes 3rd year W/O to get that achievement. He's starting his 3rd year and he's 7th in the league in yds. I don't think he's close to his potential yet.

Dez has the talent in the world but i don't think he'll ever maximize it. He's too boneheaded and a result he'll never reach his ceiling. Nicks will have a better career than Dez

bleeding blue
10-22-2011, 03:19 PM

End of story.

Your really think Nicks is getting close to his ceiling!? Nicks had almost a 1000yd season his rookie year and thats missing games. It takes 3rd year W/O to get that achievement. He's starting his 3rd year and he's 7th in the league in yds. I don't think he's close to his potential yet.

Dez has the talent in the world but i don't think he'll ever maximize it. He's too boneheaded and a result he'll never reach his ceiling. Nicks will have a better career than Dez

Nicks will have a better career than Dez also because he has an ELIte Quarterback whereas Dez has a choke artist as a QB lol...

(partial sarcasm)

Ntegrase96
10-22-2011, 03:19 PM

End of story.

Nicks has 500 yards through 6 games-- I'd say that's pretty close to as good as he'll get. His first season in the league he was a natural, but a lot of the situations he played in were where the game was already decided (like New Orleans). Not that he's topping out and going to decline from here on out. But I don't think he'll get much more production than he's got now. He'll improve in certain areas, maybe a few less dropped passes but there's nothing I've ever seen from him where my jaw dropped like I with other top receivers like a Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, or Larry Fitzgerald. He's got decent speed, large/quick hands and great body control. That said, the things that make him good aren't things that we'll flee his body any time soon, or perhaps ever. The way things are shaping up, he will have a better career than Dez.

GiantWarfare
10-22-2011, 03:26 PM

End of story.

Well we all know the mental part is half the game. No matter how physically talented/gifted a player may be, if they lack the stuff between the ears to better themselves then its just "potential" wasted.

BTW I do agree, Dez may have a higher ceiling than Nicks based solely from an athletic standpoint but Nicks also has a ways to go before developing into the final product. Nicks is far from maximizing his potential. Trust me on that.

And lets not act like Nicks is a slouch athletically. Dez had a higher vert by only 2 inches and Nicks has shown to be plenty fast with pads on.

Both are physical. Both are talented. But Nicks has the clear edge until Dez proves me otherwise.

Gmen32
10-22-2011, 03:41 PM
Further proof that Dez's mother smoked crack while he was in the womb.

Ntegrase96
10-22-2011, 03:44 PM
Well we all know the mental part is half the game. No matter how physically talented/gifted a player may be, if they lack the stuff between the ears to better themselves then its just "potential" wasted.

BTW I do agree, Dez may have a higher ceiling than Nicks based solely from an athletic standpoint but Nicks also has a ways to go before developing into the final product. Nicks is far from maximizing his potential. Trust me on that.

And lets not act like Nicks is a slouch athletically. Dez had a higher vert by only 2 inches and Nicks has shown to be plenty fast with pads on.

Both are physical. Both are talented. But Nicks has the clear edge until Dez proves me otherwise.

I'm not saying he's a slouch. He's an athletically gifted for sure.

You've seen more giants games than I have... what exactly do you see to lead you to believe that Nicks is going to be so much better? He's already producing at high level. It's not like he makes many mistakes.

GiantWarfare
10-22-2011, 03:56 PM

You've seen more giants games than I have... what exactly do you see to lead you to believe that Nicks is going to be so much better? He's already producing at high level. It's not like he makes many mistakes.

Simply based off of experience. Not too many players instantly play at their ultimate best a couple years into the league.

Most players still have some difficulty grasping the ins and outs of college-to-pros.

Nicks has already surprised a lot of us, but this is not the best Nicks we will see, especially when defenses begin to account for him on a regular basis, it'll only better his game/knowledge.

You're right, his ceiling is obviously lower than Dez because he's already been playing at a high level but what I meant to say is that he's not a finished product by any means.

As for Dez....he has scary potential. He will def get better but I don't think he'll ever reach said potential and we all know why.

Ntegrase96
10-22-2011, 04:05 PM
Simply based off of experience. Not too many players instantly play at their ultimate best a couple years into the league.

Most players still have some difficulty grasping the ins and outs of college-to-pros.

Nicks has already surprised a lot of us, but this is not the best Nicks we will see, especially when defenses begin to account for him on a regular basis, it'll only better his game/knowledge.

You're right, his ceiling is obviously lower than Dez because he's already been playing at a high level but what I meant to say is that he's not a finished product by any means.

As for Dez....he has scary potential. But I don't think he'll ever reach it and we all know why.

Yeah, I don't think he's by any means a polished WR yet and he'll learn a few more tricks of the trade and have a better understanding of the playbook, but at the same time he's pretty much maxing out his physical potential already. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying he's tremendously under talented, I think he has a really good skill set and is underrated for sure-- he's top 10, no question, maybe the best WR in our division. He and Miles are close, but nicks has got more potential than Miles. Austin just has been in the league longer and is one of the most crisp route runners in the game. Nicks will get there, but already has better skills.

Sundown
10-22-2011, 04:38 PM

As for Dez....he has scary potential. But I don't think he'll ever reach it and we all know why.

Yeah, I don't think he's by any means a polished WR yet and he'll learn a few more tricks of the trade and have a better understanding of the playbook, but at the same time he's pretty much maxing out his physical potential already. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying he's tremendously under talented, I think he has a really good skill set and is underrated for sure-- he's top 10, no question, maybe the best WR in our division. He and Miles are close, but nicks has got more potential than Miles. Austin just has been in the league longer and is one of the most crisp route runners in the game. Nicks will get there, but already has better skills.

I think our only disconnect is the "spectacular" factor Nicks is far from flashy when it comes to catches and that is what i love about his game. He won't have a highlight reel like Dez will but his consistancy and game is "clean". I see Nicks having a Reggie Wayne like career, while Dez could have a Megatron like career if he knew what the hell he was doing.

GiantWarfare
10-22-2011, 04:51 PM

Agreed

cowboysblow
10-22-2011, 06:13 PM
This whole concept of "you didn't beat us, we beat ourselves" is such non-sense. Really any time ANY team loses a close game, they can say that. If you're a good enough team to be competitive, and not get blown out often, then this league is going to give you ample opportunity to "beat yourself" in the sense that your games are going to come down to executing in crunch-time, on particular plays, and on particular drives. Good teams DON'T beat themselves in those spots on a regular basis. Mediocre teams find ways, and are left complaining that they "beat themselves" when in fact, the other team executed when it mattered and you didn't. In other words, YOU WERE BEATEN.

jomo
10-22-2011, 06:34 PM
Dez goes on to say the Cowboys beat themselves to lose their games AND made a comment the NFL is easier than college. Dude goes missing the 2nd half of games yet the NFL is easier? Dude has tons of talent but can't run a good route and bone headed diva to boot, what an idiot! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuYsAPGnIjQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&amp;v=apdVH63oTnoDude's on one of my fantasy teams and hasn't produced jack! No one's taught him the fine art of keeping one's mouth shut until they deliver something.</P>

greenca190
10-22-2011, 11:16 PM

I think our only disconnect is the "spectacular" factor Nicks is far from flashy when it comes to catches and that is what i love about his game. He won't have a highlight reel like Dez will but his consistancy and game is "clean". I see Nicks having a Reggie Wayne like career, while Dez could have a Megatron like career if he knew what the hell he was doing.

I strongly disagree with this. I have no clue how Nicks contorts his body in such ways some times to grab back shoulder, over the top, or stray passes from Eli. Guy makes it look good.

NYfanatic
10-23-2011, 12:29 AM

Sorry Nt, but Nicks is better then Dez. There is a reason why the broncos took Thomas over Dez in the draft 2 years ago. They knew Dez was trouble and lazy. He is just proving it now. but still Nicks is better then dez and when their careers are all over Nicks will top dez in just about every category. While Nicks still hasnt reached his ceiling. Wait another 2 years and you got Nicks who will be in contention for top 5 Wr in the league. Cant say the same for dez.
P.S. - You sig is way to funny

~MOJORISIN~
10-23-2011, 08:58 AM
This whole concept of "you didn't beat us, we beat ourselves" is such non-sense. Really any time ANY team loses a close game, they can say that. If you're a good enough team to be competitive, and not get blown out often, then this league is going to give you ample opportunity to "beat yourself" in the sense that your games are going to come down to executing in crunch-time, on particular plays, and on particular drives. Good teams DON'T beat themselves in those spots on a regular basis. Mediocre teams find ways, and are left complaining that they "beat themselves" when in fact, the other team executed when it mattered and you didn't. In other words, YOU WERE BEATEN.So he's calling out his whole team by saying they beat themselves-1st the defense,as I coach my pop warner team I "preach"to my boys If we score-we might win...if they don't score we can't lose!Offensively-he is implying RHomo just can't get it done in clutch situations-unlike Eli.

Ntegrase96
10-23-2011, 11:05 AM

Sorry Nt, but Nicks is better then Dez. There is a reason why the broncos took Thomas over Dez in the draft 2 years ago. They knew Dez was trouble and lazy. He is just proving it now. but still Nicks is better then dez and when their careers are all over Nicks will top dez in just about every category. While Nicks still hasnt reached his ceiling. Wait another 2 years and you got Nicks who will be in contention for top 5 Wr in the league. Cant say the same for dez.
P.S. - You sig is way to funny

Never said Nicks wasn't better. Right now he is and he'll probably always be if Bryant doesn't get his head out of his *** (although I'm being a bit hard on him). He's picked up the playbook a lot quicker and had more production. However through their first 16 games of their careers, the stats are very comparable.

Nicks: 53 REC 903 yards 10 TDs
Bryant: 59 REC 810 yards 9 TDs

Not a huge discrepancy but Nicks leads.

I'm not making excuses for argument sake, but for my own. When trying to project how Bryant's career will pan out, I have to take into consideration he's yet to have a full offseason and he's been disrupted a lot by injuries. Optimism from my side tells me to give it a few more years. However he should have already picked up the playbook better and he's injury prone (luckily for us all injuries have been from punt or kick returns).

cowboysblow
10-23-2011, 11:08 AM
This whole concept of "you didn't beat us, we beat ourselves" is such non-sense. Really any time ANY team loses a close game, they can say that. If you're a good enough team to be competitive, and not get blown out often, then this league is going to give you ample opportunity to "beat yourself" in the sense that your games are going to come down to executing in crunch-time, on particular plays, and on particular drives. Good teams DON'T beat themselves in those spots on a regular basis. Mediocre teams find ways, and are left complaining that they "beat themselves" when in fact, the other team executed when it mattered and you didn't. In other words, YOU WERE BEATEN.So he's calling out his whole team by saying they beat themselves-1st the defense,as I coach my pop warner team I "preach"to my boys If we score-we might win...if they don't score we can't lose!Offensively-he is implying RHomo just can't get it done in clutch situations-unlike Eli.

Right, essentially he is calling out his team, but that's not really the vibe I get from his comments. The vibe I get is "these others teams didn't really deserve to beat us. We're better than them." Maybe I'm just sensitive to it because I detest that team, and I've been hearing that crap from Cowboy FANS for years now. No one ever beats them, they beat themselves. Well for a team that never gets legitimately "beaten", they've sure managed to accomplish a whole lot of nothing since Romo came on board.

Ntegrase96
10-23-2011, 11:31 AM

Right, essentially he is calling out his team, but that's not really the vibe I get from his comments. The vibe I get is "these others teams didn't really deserve to beat us. We're better than them." Maybe I'm just sensitive to it because I detest that team, and I've been hearing that crap from Cowboy FANS for years now. No one ever beats them, they beat themselves. Well for a team that never gets legitimately "beaten", they've sure managed to accomplish a whole lot of nothing since Romo came on board.

To be fair, outside of the Pats game, can you really disagree? Turnovers late in games allowed the Jets to get back in it, and the same story goes with the Lions game. Up 27-3 in the 3rd, we're throwing out passes in our own redzone. We shot ourselves in the foot quite a bit. Give credit to the Jets and Lions, but no way do either of those teams come out with a W if we play smarter football.

blueomaha
10-23-2011, 11:48 AM
This is the reason for their demise...the arrogance and overconfidense is the cowballs achilles heal...it does'nt matter who the players are or the uniform they put on, if you don't play well as a team and have a little luck, you will not reach your ultimate goal...

Ntegrase96
10-23-2011, 11:56 AM
This is the reason for their demise...the arrogance and overconfidense is the cowballs achilles heal...it does'nt matter who the players are or the uniform they put on, if you don't play well as a team and have a little luck, you will not reach your ultimate goal...

I don't think arrogance has been a factor this year. Last year it was. 2008 it was. Years when nothing is expected of us is when we do well, so to a certain degree you're right. Might've come from Wade Phillips territory, but we'll see what we do with expectations the next time (which if history continues its trend, we'll be preseason SB favorites for 2012).

cowboysblow
10-23-2011, 12:42 PM

To be fair, outside of the Pats game, can you really disagree? Turnovers late in games allowed the Jets to get back in it, and the same story goes with the Lions game. Up 27-3 in the 3rd, we're throwing out passes in our own redzone. We shot ourselves in the foot quite a bit. Give credit to the Jets and Lions, but no way do either of those teams come out with a W if we play smarter football.

The point is not so much that I 'disagree' per se, I guess I'm just tired of hearing it. I think I'd feel that way if I were a Cowboy fan as well. There are many teams throughout the league that can say that. That can say "we would have won this game if it wasn't for bad play calling, or this missed FG, or that bad decision by Romo.
I guess I'm from the "you are what your record says you are" school of thought. And this whole "we're better than our record" and "we beat ourselves as opposed to getting beaten"... hearing that stuff from (and about) the Cowboys? You can count on it on an annual basis, sure as the leaves will turn colors as fall from the trees.

Sarcasman
10-23-2011, 12:44 PM

Agreed. But the old cliche that the other team gets paid applies here as well.

It's not like the Cowboys could unilaterally decide to win the game or not. The other team makes plays too.

That said, I agree the Cowboys played a big role in those losses. And given how tight the NFC East is, I'm sure they wish they could have those games back.

Then again every team can say that. Just ask the Giants about the Seattle game....

SIMMS5611
10-23-2011, 01:25 PM
Dez Bryants initials are DB.

...and he is.

GiantWarfare
10-23-2011, 04:15 PM
Dez Bryants initials are DB.

...and he is.

defensive back?

I kid.....I kid...

Spytheweb
10-23-2011, 11:29 PM
Playing creampuffs like the Rams they are. Next week the Cowbillies turn back into a pumpkin at Philly and a week later vs. the Bills into pumpkin pie.

rEaS
10-30-2011, 11:04 PM
i wonder what "dez" has to say now that they got destroyed by the iggles..

unbeatable.. lol..

GiantWarfare
10-30-2011, 11:26 PM
Playing creampuffs like the Rams they are. <font size="4"><u>Next week the Cowbillies turn back into a pumpkin at Philly</u></font> and a week later vs. the Bills into pumpkin pie.

good call! lol

Sundown
10-30-2011, 11:26 PM
i wonder what "dez" has to say now that they got destroyed by the iggles..

unbeatable.. lol..

I forgot about this thread LOL!!!!

gmen0820
10-30-2011, 11:32 PM
Cut his tongue out and glue his head on straight and he will tear the league apart.

He's his own worst enemy.

syrup1964
11-01-2011, 06:08 PM
Did DB even play? They Eagles shut all of them down and as a team they had the ball for barely 18 minutes or something. Now we have a race and it does not bode well for us or the Cowboys,...Reid is scary good at this time of the year and that is just a fact.

Sarcasman
11-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Did DB even play? They Eagles shut all of them down and as a team they had the ball for barely 18 minutes or something. Now we have a race and it does not bode well for us or the Cowboys,...Reid is scary good at this time of the year and that is just a fact.

Actually he's great after a bye week.

Or we can go with what you said assuming you meant that his scary goodness ends abruptly when the playoffs start.

syrup1964
11-01-2011, 06:23 PM
That is true however maybe this time his plan might just work and that is what I am worried about. They just looked super efficient,..is all I am saying.

Sarcasman
11-01-2011, 08:03 PM
That is true however maybe this time his plan might just work and that is what I am worried about. They just looked super efficient,..is all I am saying.

What plan? Do you think he plans for his team to be inconsistent, poor in the first half of the season, finish strong and then exit early from the playoffs?

That would be a pretty ****ty plan.

cowboysblow
11-01-2011, 08:52 PM
LOL... once in a while, they beat themselves REALLY BADLY. I guess this past Sunday, they routed themselves. Occasionally elite, unbeatable teams do that.

rEaS
12-12-2011, 04:35 PM
im sorry, i had to re-bump this topic after last nights win.. i wonder if dez still thinks the same crazyness..

mother****er was doing cruz's salsa dance when he scored.. bet he wasn't dancing when the final whistle went off..

hate all of you cowterds.. the look on romo's and jerry jones face was PRICELESS..!

we own that dump

gmen46
12-12-2011, 06:06 PM
im sorry, i had to re-bump this topic after last nights win.. i wonder if dez still thinks the same crazyness..

mother****er was doing cruz's salsa dance when he scored.. bet he wasn't dancing when the final whistle went off..

hate all of you cowterds.. the look on romo's and jerry jones face was PRICELESS..!

we own that dump

Watching Jerry during our 3 games in the Best Little ***** House in Texas, otherwise known as "Jerry's Palace" or Dallas Stadium, is like watching the intro to "ABC's Wide World of Sports" back in the day.

"The thrill of victory. The agony of defeat".

All in each game. How great is that?

jhamburg
12-12-2011, 06:15 PM
Ouch, JPP could have at least bought you dinner before he had his way with you!

You guys are going to miss the good old days when you had the best pass rusher in the NFCE...

miked1958
12-13-2011, 09:54 AM
You guys may all call me CRAZY because I absolutely have no eveidence to prove this Statement. I think in the long run BARDEN will be better then both of them. LOL. YEP I said it. Barden. He was drafted as a Project just like JPP. JPP has had the time to put in Practice wise and to Hone his skills and work with coaches. HE is fast becoming one of the best DEs in the NFL. I dont think anyone will argue with that and the kid is really only in his 2nd season. </P>

Barden is a player that is very much like JPP in the sense that not many people new anything about him (JPP not even playing Football till late late late and barden playing at such a small school) and not many Teams wanted to waste draft picks on unproven players. With Barden he has really not had the time to do anything practice wise or on the field pretty much being injured since the we drafted him.</P>

So i base this strictly off of the very little i have seen from him. The Kid has the Size and build to be a monster. He has shown flashes in some of the games. He also when he has had a chance shown he knows what to do after the catch. It will be a long while before this all plays out but i think 5 or 6 seasons from now this kid will be an ELITE WR in this League. </P>

Notice i said in the NFL and not with the Giants. You never know what will happen in the future and if a guy suddenly becomes a BEAST and his contract runs out alot of times the team that has him cant afford to resign him. but we see</P>

miked1958
12-13-2011, 09:56 AM
although if he does CATCH FIRE like i think he will, i think he owes the GMEN for sticking with him and keeping him on the team through all his injuries and problems. Alot of us fans were calling for his head a long time ago...</P>

Same thing with Beckum. We all wanted him gone. We said he cant catch, cant stay on his feet. and on and on. Gmen stuck with him to. Same thing with DJ... Now all of the sudden they both are showing flashes of being good solid NFL Players</P>

G-Men Surg.
12-14-2011, 12:23 AM
Jean-Jacques Taylor
@jacquestaylor
Dallas Cowboys' December demons are back - ESPN Dallas es.pn/t9Vxpy
12 Dec via web

This team can only blame itself. It's too easy to say the Cowboys choked, because it implies they couldn't handle the pressure of holding a fourth-quarter lead against the Giants.

That's not what happened.

The Cowboys gave this one away. That's right, they gift-wrapped it and handed it over to the loudmouths from New York with a series of dumb mistakes and mind-numbing plays that gave the Giants no choice but to win the game.

Yep, this team and their mediatic press are full of it. Overrated and of course always excusing themselves of years and years of failure.
Loudmouths ???? LMAO ! Priceless !!!!

MattMeyerBud
12-14-2011, 09:42 AM
Jean-Jacques Taylor
@jacquestaylor
12 Dec via web

This team can only blame itself. It's too easy to say the Cowboys choked, because it implies they couldn't handle the pressure of holding a fourth-quarter lead against the Giants.

The Cowboys gave this one away. That's right, they gift-wrapped it and handed it over to the loudmouths from New York with a series of dumb mistakes and mind-numbing plays that gave the Giants no choice but to win the game.

Yep, this team and their mediatic press are full of it. Overrated and of course always excusing themselves of years and years of failure.

true

they handed our offense 37 points and eli 400 yards

Ntegrase96
12-14-2011, 11:01 AM
Jean-Jacques Taylor
@jacquestaylor
12 Dec via web

I disagree here. Other than the McBriar shanked punt, nothing was given to the Giants. Our defense hasn't come through in the clutch a lot this year. Seemed par for the course if you ask me.

Yes the Cowboys had a chance to ice the game and win it, but they didn't. That doesn't mean they gave it away.

JJT is the same idiot who said the Cowboys are in a rebuilding year yet ignored the fact that the Eagles made almost all the same 'rebuilding moves' and more, yet gave them a pass.

The Giants won this game. End of story.

Ntegrase96
12-14-2011, 11:06 AM
mother****er was doing cruz's salsa dance when he scored.. >

Possibly retaliation? Chris Canty did Demarcus Ware's sack celebration and pointed at the Dallas sideline...

gmen46
12-14-2011, 02:27 PM
mother****er was doing cruz's salsa dance when he scored.. >

Possibly retaliation? Chris Canty did Demarcus Ware's sack celebration and pointed at the Dallas sideline...

I agree. All's fair in love and war......and in mocking player celebrations. Happens all the time, from all teams.

RoanokeFan
12-14-2011, 02:39 PM

Edit: I like his confidence but the comment shouldn't have made it out of the locker room.

Most teams/players in similar situations would agree they should have won, but to claim to be "unbeatable"?

RoanokeFan
12-14-2011, 02:50 PM
Jean-Jacques Taylor
@jacquestaylor
12 Dec via web

I disagree here. Other than the McBriar shanked punt, nothing was given to the Giants. Our defense hasn't come through in the clutch a lot this year. Seemed par for the course if you ask me.

Yes the Cowboys had a chance to ice the game and win it, but they didn't. That doesn't mean they gave it away.

JJT is the same idiot who said the Cowboys are in a rebuilding year yet ignored the fact that the Eagles made almost all the same 'rebuilding moves' and more, yet gave them a pass.

I have to say, though, that's the way games should be played. Back and forth right to the end.

Rusty192
12-14-2011, 02:57 PM
mother****er was doing cruz's salsa dance when he scored.. &gt;

I agree. All's fair in love and war......and in mocking player celebrations. Happens all the time, from all teams.And it doesn't hurt to get the last laugh. Hee hee.

Ntegrase96
12-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Jean-Jacques Taylor
@jacquestaylor
12 Dec via web

I have to say, though, that's the way games should be played.* Back and forth right to the end.

Might just be me since I watch the Cowboys frequently (9 of our 13 games have featured last minute game winning drives), but it seems like that's happening a ton more nowadays than it did in the past.

jomo
12-14-2011, 07:23 PM
Jean-Jacques Taylor @jacquestaylor Dallas Cowboys' December demons are back - ESPN Dallas es.pn/t9Vxpy 12 Dec via web This team can only blame itself. It's too easy to say the Cowboys choked, because it implies they couldn't handle the pressure of holding a fourth-quarter lead against the Giants. That's not what happened. The Cowboys gave this one away. That's right, they gift-wrapped it and handed it over to the loudmouths from New York with a series of dumb mistakes and mind-numbing plays that gave the Giants no choice but to win the game. Yep, this team and their mediatic press are full of it. Overrated and of course always excusing themselves of years and years of failure. Loudmouths ???? LMAO ! Priceless !!!! I disagree here. Other than the McBriar shanked punt, nothing was given to the Giants. Our defense hasn't come through in the clutch a lot this year. Seemed par for the course if you ask me. Yes the Cowboys had a chance to ice the game and win it, but they didn't. That doesn't mean they gave it away. JJT is the same idiot who said the Cowboys are in a rebuilding year yet ignored the fact that the Eagles made almost all the same 'rebuilding moves' and more, yet gave them a pass. The Giants won this game. End of story.

I have to say, though, that's the way games should be played. Back and forth right to the end.
Might just be me since I watch the Cowboys frequently (9 of our 13 games have featured last minute game winning drives), but it seems like that's happening a ton more nowadays than it did in the past.It seems that way for sure. The premise of this discussion here seems to be that every time the Cowboys scored they earned it and the Gmen got lucky. That is silly. The Cowboys scored on several catastrophic breakdowns in the secondary (taking nothing away from Romo for capitalizing). However, the Giants moved the ball very effectively throughout the game.</P>

I don't know your D personnel well enough to know whether it is on them or the D coordinator.</P>

Ntegrase96
12-14-2011, 07:57 PM
Jean-Jacques Taylor @jacquestaylor Dallas Cowboys' December demons are back - ESPN Dallas es.pn/t9Vxpy 12 Dec via web This team can only blame itself. It's too easy to say the Cowboys choked, because it implies they couldn't handle the pressure of holding a fourth-quarter lead against the Giants. That's not what happened. The Cowboys gave this one away. That's right, they gift-wrapped it and handed it over to the loudmouths from New York with a series of dumb mistakes and mind-numbing plays that gave the Giants no choice but to win the game. Yep, this team and their mediatic press are full of it. Overrated and of course always excusing themselves of years and years of failure. Loudmouths ???? LMAO ! Priceless !!!! I disagree here. Other than the McBriar shanked punt, nothing was given to the Giants. Our defense hasn't come through in the clutch a lot this year. Seemed par for the course if you ask me. Yes the Cowboys had a chance to ice the game and win it, but they didn't. That doesn't mean they gave it away. JJT is the same idiot who said the Cowboys are in a rebuilding year yet ignored the fact that the Eagles made almost all the same 'rebuilding moves' and more, yet gave them a pass. The Giants won this game. End of story.

Might just be me since I watch the Cowboys frequently (9 of our 13 games have featured last minute game winning drives), but it seems like that's happening a ton more nowadays than it did in the past.It seems that way for sure. The premise of this discussion here seems to be that every time the Cowboys scored they earned it and the Gmen got lucky. That is silly. The Cowboys scored on several catastrophic breakdowns in the secondary (taking nothing away from Romo for capitalizing). However, the Giants moved the ball very effectively throughout the game.</p>

I don't know your D personnel well enough to know whether it is on them or the D coordinator.</p>

I didn't get that at all. This thread was started a long time ago when the D was playing lights out. I don't think any Cowboys fan feels that the Giants 'got lucky'. I've seen some pretty peeved about the officiating, but I don't think anyone blamed the officiating for the loss.

I'd say it's a combination of both. The only person in the secondary with 1st rate talent is Jenkins. Rob Ryan is kind of hanging them out to dry with some of his blitzes. Ware has been very average at home which is a big reason I think the Cowboys will have more of a complete game the 2nd time around vs you guys. This should be Spencer's last year. Far to inconsistent to be considered a threat.

Drez
12-14-2011, 10:33 PM

Might just be me since I watch the Cowboys frequently (9 of our 13 games have featured last minute game winning drives), but it seems like that's happening a ton more nowadays than it did in the past.</P>

Interesting stat I heard on Mike and Mike this morning. In Garret's 9 losses as HC, you guys have had the lead at some point in the 4th in 8 of them.</P>

G-Men Surg.
12-14-2011, 10:45 PM
Jean-Jacques Taylor
@jacquestaylor
12 Dec via web

true

they handed our offense 37 points and eli 400 yards

The only thing that got handed here was their butts to themselves. You got beat , plain and simple, move on , no excuses.

G-Men Surg.
12-14-2011, 10:55 PM
Jean-Jacques Taylor
@jacquestaylor
12 Dec via web

One thing is for sure this is setting up a great rematch in New year's day. Bearing a mealtdown by either one my gut feeling is
that all will be settled in week 17 !

Ntegrase96
12-14-2011, 11:56 PM
Jean-Jacques Taylor
@jacquestaylor
12 Dec via web

One thing is for sure this is setting up a great rematch in New year's day. Bearing a mealtdown by either one my gut feeling is
that all will be settled in week 17 !

If we lose to PHI it's over (unless you guys also lose to the Redskins).

But yes. I think it will come down to week 17.

Ntegrase96
12-15-2011, 12:07 AM

Might just be me since I watch the Cowboys frequently (9 of our 13 games have featured last minute game winning drives), but it seems like that's happening a ton more nowadays than it did in the past.</p>

Interesting stat I heard on Mike and Mike this morning. In Garret's 9 losses as HC, you guys have had the lead at some point in the 4th in 8 of them.</p>

It's baffling. Absolutely baffling. And not only that, it's a pain in the ***. Only three games this year have I felt 'comfortable' in the 4th quarter, and one of those was the blowout loss to Philly.

It's always something with the Cowboys. And it can't be pinpointed. The best thing I can say about the Cowboys are that they are an average team that's going to have close games and lose half of them. 15 of the 21 games Garrett has coached have been decided by less than 4 points or went to overtime.

If it's not Romo making a mistake, it's Garrett mismanaging, or the biggest reason-- the failing defense. And usually it's just one of those things and not a combined failing effort. Rarely will you get a complete and total effort.

And the team doesn't get a lot of lucky breaks either. This year we have had 3 OT games and haven't won a coin toss yet.

It's enough to kill the morale of the team. It's shocking that they still go out and compete.