PDA

View Full Version : MODS: Why are we letting classless 9ers fan run rampant in our domain?

NYG4lifeNYK
01-19-2012, 05:45 AM
These immature pathetic classless scum seem worse than Philly fans... I guess that Saints fan was being 100% truthful about his trip to candlestick.

DragonSoul
01-19-2012, 05:49 AM
Because they do not have mods at night or west coast time. Informed them many years ago that they should have a few mods who are night owls, who can take care of these issues, since the boards would then be covered 24 hour cycle.

calzonesays
01-19-2012, 05:49 AM
They have a lot of pent up aggression. They have been awful since 2003 and the punching bag of the worst division in football for quite some time. They are just making up for lost time, and they love to reference their 5 SBs...most of which occurred before they were even born.

Sheli4life
01-19-2012, 06:10 AM
These immature pathetic classless scum seem worse than Philly fans... I guess that Saints fan was being 100% truthful about his trip to candlestick.

I'm honestly surprised. I've never seen mods that took so long to ban trolls....

JJC7301
01-19-2012, 06:25 AM

I'm honestly surprised.* I've never seen mods that took so long to ban trolls....

It's not trolls per se, but the ones like yourself. They must be asleep. I put up a fake link to a phony article (a link that went nowhere) a few weeks ago and was banned for 1 week in the blink of an eye.

Giantz4Life
01-19-2012, 06:49 AM
They should make me a night mod ... I'm an insomniac so it'd be perfect for me.

This fool would be gone by now.

*Edit - the fool is gone.

rainierjef
01-19-2012, 08:56 AM
They should make me a night mod ... I'm an insomniac so it'd be perfect for me.

This fool would be gone by now.

*Edit - the fool is gone.

got my vote . sent a message to pat hanlon on twitter about the thread that was on here by that 49er fan and the crap he posted and he respond all i can say is Pat is the man!!!

TrueBlue07
01-19-2012, 08:58 AM
without a doubt we could use more mods around here.

also, shutting down new registrations during some playoff games is probably a good idea. Seems like every other teams board does it.

Gianthunter
01-19-2012, 10:17 AM
<FONT size=6>HELLO..</FONT><FONT size=4>HELLO....</FONT><FONT size=3>HELLO...</FONT><FONT size=1>HELLO???????[*-)][8-)]</FONT>

MattMeyerBud
01-19-2012, 10:20 AM

also, shutting down new registrations during some playoff games is probably a good idea. Seems like every other teams board does it.

only 9ers have done that, which is ironic because they are the level of trolls that can only be matched by philly...

i was in ATL and GBs boards. Still post in both. GB isn't as cool as i would of thought, but I do actually enjoy myself at ATLs boards. Alot of good talk

bottom line is we're not cowards. We'll keep a close eye the next couple of days and get rid of the scumbags - but this is what playoff football is about baby. Like I said in the announcement post - if u don't want to deal wtih it don't respond or read their threads. Plenty of other threads for everybody to enjoy

SweetZombieJesus
01-19-2012, 10:21 AM
What they should do is have a "probation" period for the first month or so where your comments aren't posted until they are approved by a moderator and you can't start threads. After you prove to be a good citizen you get full rights.

I hope the new boards support this.

giantsfan420
01-19-2012, 10:30 AM
MMB-dude posted pictures joking and mocking the 911 attack. did u happen to see that?

i think "just ignoring him" doesnt work in this instance.

i know there isnt anything we could really do, but surely u mods could track that guys IP address and report the person bc i will never forget/forgive that clown for what he posted and he honestly deserves horrible punishment that us winning on sunday wouldnt even be enough

MattMeyerBud
01-19-2012, 10:33 AM
MMB-dude posted pictures joking and mocking the 911 attack. did u happen to see that?

i know there isnt anything we could really do, but surely u mods could track that guys IP address and report the person bc i will never forget/forgive that clown for what he posted and he honestly deserves horrible punishment that us winning on sunday wouldnt even be enough

na that guy was obviously wayyy over the top. HE got an IP ban and I think we are seeing if we can do anything else to him

I obviously wasn't referring to him or suggesting to ignor something of that nature

Gianthunter
01-19-2012, 10:34 AM

only 9ers have done that, which is ironic because they are the level of trolls that can only be matched by philly...

i was in ATL and GBs boards. Still post in both. GB isn't as cool as i would of thought, but I do actually enjoy myself at ATLs boards. Alot of good talk

bottom line is we're not cowards. We'll keep a close eye the next couple of days and get rid of the scumbags - but this is what playoff football is about baby. Like I said in the announcement post - if u don't want to deal wtih it don't respond or read their threads. Plenty of other threads for everybody to enjoy
It is with a sense of irony that I read this.[:(]

TrueBlue07
01-19-2012, 10:39 AM

You are right &amp; I agree, especially with the bolded. Wasn't trying to take a shot at our mods. Just offering my opinion where it probably isn't needed. =]

Providence
01-19-2012, 10:40 AM

also, shutting down new registrations during some playoff games is probably a good idea.* Seems like every other teams board does it.

Lots of respect for you Meyerbud, but "this is what playoff football is about baby" doesn't cut it. That's an opinion of yours, not necessarily everyone else.

We are the fans of the Giants and we are the one's that traffic the site (thus seeing the adds that run on the site). If people have legitimate gripes with what trollers are doing more drastic actions should be taken. Moreover, it's worth looking at the behavior of our own fans that have responded to these trolls, some of the things they have said are just as bad, if not worse.

Bottom line, the boards are turning into crap. I've been here a long time and it's never been like this (even after we won it all in 2008 and a million bandwagons hopped on). It's hard to police stupid Giants fans saying stupid crap, I understand that. I am sure you more than anyone gets frustrated by that. However, I can't imagine it's as hard to ban some of the troll posters from posting. That seems like a step that could be easily taken and one that would begin the process of making the boards the best they can be.

Just my $0.02.

giantsfan420
01-19-2012, 10:43 AM

na that guy was obviously wayyy over the top.* HE got an IP ban and I think we are seeing if we can do anything else to him

I obviously wasn't referring to him or suggesting to ignor something of that nature

ok cool. at the least, couldnt some of the mods who have ties to the giants org. let them know about this/

for those with twitter, tweet the giants players about how 9er fan were mocking what happened on 911.

if some one has any contacts with sports writers, again let them know of what was done to mock 911.

there is no way this guy should get off the hook.

listen i am all for good fun and even trash talking that isnt respectful...but what that guy did is inexcusable. im no snitch or nothing, but i do know the gov't has law agencies directed at online bullying and hate crimes and that certainly falls under both. a kid i went to high school with pulled something like this and was raided by the fbi and had to go to court and if he wasnt rich he would have had to do some time but instead got 5 yr probation.

maybe this is something where u have the ip address and report it to that agency. i know that sounds lame and like a snitch, but honestly, i know people who died that day and may they rest in peace. that guy deserves to get bent over and sodomized

Zaggs
01-19-2012, 10:50 AM
Because we're not San Fran and dneying registrations from the opposite coast. Who cares. Just think of the crying they'll be doing on Monday.

Morehead State
01-19-2012, 10:52 AM
</P>

Because this is a message board and we (unlike the 49rs board) allow anyone who wan't to talk about our team or the team(s) we're playing.</P>

Talking trash with the fans of opposing teams is what its all about.</P>

We aren't afraid of a little smack talk....are we?</P>

Morehead State
01-19-2012, 10:55 AM

Lots of respect for you Meyerbud, but "this is what playoff football is about baby" doesn't cut it. That's an opinion of yours, not necessarily everyone else. We are the fans of the Giants and we are the one's that traffic the site (thus seeing the adds that run on the site). If people have legitimate gripes with what trollers are doing more drastic actions should be taken. Moreover, it's worth looking at the behavior of our own fans that have responded to these trolls, some of the things they have said are just as bad, if not worse. Bottom line, the boards are turning into crap. I've been here a long time and it's never been like this (even after we won it all in 2008 and a million bandwagons hopped on). It's hard to police stupid Giants fans saying stupid crap, I understand that. I am sure you more than anyone gets frustrated by that. However, I can't imagine it's as hard to ban some of the troll posters from posting. That seems like a step that could be easily taken and one that would begin the process of making the boards the best they can be. Just my $0.02.</P>

When did you get so soft Providence?</P>

</P>

burier
01-19-2012, 10:55 AM
"Because when the opposing team's fans post here it makes our tummy ache"

Thank God the Giants aren't as soft as some of the posters here.

MattMeyerBud
01-19-2012, 10:56 AM

Lots of respect for you Meyerbud, but "this is what playoff football is about baby" doesn't cut it. That's an opinion of yours, not necessarily everyone else.

We are the fans of the Giants and we are the one's that traffic the site (thus seeing the adds that run on the site). If people have legitimate gripes with what trollers are doing more drastic actions should be taken. Moreover, it's worth looking at the behavior of our own fans that have responded to these trolls, some of the things they have said are just as bad, if not worse.

Bottom line, the boards are turning into crap. I've been here a long time and it's never been like this (even after we won it all in 2008 and a million bandwagons hopped on). It's hard to police stupid Giants fans saying stupid crap, I understand that. I am sure you more than anyone gets frustrated by that. However, I can't imagine it's as hard to ban some of the troll posters from posting. That seems like a step that could be easily taken and one that would begin the process of making the boards the best they can be.

Just my $0.02.

anybody that is trolling into multiple threads or being obnoxious is being handled. For the most part i've seen these guys just start their own threads and stay to them. I've sent a couple of people wtih life time bans and the ones that are literally here to troll are sent packing. It is an open message board. Can't give people bans just for thinking SF is good, is going to win, or is there fav team.

If I were to take that liberty then i would of banned Moorehead a long time ago just because he disagrees wtih me ;)

MattMeyerBud
01-19-2012, 10:58 AM

na that guy was obviously wayyy over the top. HE got an IP ban and I think we are seeing if we can do anything else to him

ok cool. at the least, couldnt some of the mods who have ties to the giants org. let them know about this/

for those with twitter, tweet the giants players about how 9er fan were mocking what happened on 911.

if some one has any contacts with sports writers, again let them know of what was done to mock 911.

listen i am all for good fun and even trash talking that isnt respectful...but what that guy did is inexcusable. im no snitch or nothing, but i do know the gov't has law agencies directed at online bullying and hate crimes and that certainly falls under both. a kid i went to high school with pulled something like this and was raided by the fbi and had to go to court and if he wasnt rich he would have had to do some time but instead got 5 yr probation.

maybe this is something where u have the ip address and report it to that agency. i know that sounds lame and like a snitch, but honestly, i know people who died that day and may they rest in peace. that guy deserves to get bent over and sodomized

there is a weird connection. Don't know if uwere here a couple of years ago but some Seahawks fans were doing the same 9/11 jokes. I guess theres a disconnect of the reality of it when you live that far away. But again, we're tlaking about just some random internet *******. As gross as that was, lets not let a piece of **** like that get to us - because that was the exact reason he created the thread - to get to you

MattMeyerBud
01-19-2012, 10:59 AM
</p>

Because this is a message board and we (unlike the 49rs board) allow anyone who wan't to talk about our team or the team(s) we're playing.</p>

Talking trash with the fans of opposing teams is what its all about.</p>

We aren't afraid of a little smack talk....are we?</p>

i bask in chaos quite frankly

swimeasy
01-19-2012, 11:20 AM

there is a weird connection. Don't know if uwere here a couple of years ago but some Seahawks fans were doing the same 9/11 jokes. I guess theres a disconnect of the reality of it when you live that far away. But again, we're tlaking about just some random internet *******. As gross as that was, lets not let a piece of **** like that get to us - because that was the exact reason he created the thread - to get to you

Yes, as a long-time lurker, I remember that incident vividly and involved the owner of that web site. I believe it was reported to the Seahawk org and that site owner was forced to shut down his site if I remember it correctly. Personally not into trash talk, but do enjoy the varied perspectives that others have here. Having worked as a mod for a friend's web site, I don't envy the challenges and workload you have here and appreciate all you do to make this site available.

swimeasy
01-19-2012, 11:20 AM

Yes, as a long-time lurker, I remember that incident vividly and involved the owner of that web site. I believe it was reported to the Seahawk org and that site owner was forced to shut down his site if I remember it correctly. Personally not into trash talk, but do enjoy the varied perspectives that others have here. Having worked as a mod for a friend's web site, I don't envy the challenges and workload you have here and appreciate all you do to make this site available.

NYSPORTS
01-19-2012, 11:24 AM
It's a West Coast thing, they arrvied late in the season and will be gone by halftime.

MattMeyerBud
01-19-2012, 11:32 AM

yea wasn't the official seahawk site, was a fan site but they lost all of their advertizers and things of that nature.

Yea its good when you can have good football discussion. These 49er fans haven't been the best football minds. Alot of blind comments

Providence
01-19-2012, 01:26 PM

also, shutting down new registrations during some playoff games is probably a good idea.* Seems like every other teams board does it.

Lots of respect for you Meyerbud, but "this is what playoff football is about baby" doesn't cut it. That's an opinion of yours, not necessarily everyone else. We are the fans of the Giants and we are the one's that traffic the site (thus seeing the adds that run on the site). If people have legitimate gripes with what trollers are doing more drastic actions should be taken. Moreover, it's worth looking at the behavior of our own fans that have responded to these trolls, some of the things they have said are just as bad, if not worse. Bottom line, the boards are turning into crap. I've been here a long time and it's never been like this (even after we won it all in 2008 and a million bandwagons hopped on). It's hard to police stupid Giants fans saying stupid crap, I understand that. I am sure you more than anyone gets frustrated by that. However, I can't imagine it's as hard to ban some of the troll posters from posting. That seems like a step that could be easily taken and one that would begin the process of making the boards the best they can be. Just my $0.02.</P>

*</P>

I guess I'm getting old Morehead. You should know alot about that.

giantsfan420
01-19-2012, 01:31 PM
</P>

Because this is a message board and we (unlike the 49rs board) allow anyone who wan't to talk about our team or the team(s) we're playing.</P>

dont know if u saw it or not MS but last night real late, a 9er fan originally disguised as a troll but got called out, posted pictures of the 911 attack and made fun of ny bc of it.

that aint trash talking...thats deplorable and dispicable

Morehead State
01-19-2012, 01:59 PM
</P>

dont know if u saw it or not MS but last night real late, a 9er fan originally disguised as a troll but got called out, posted pictures of the 911 attack and made fun of ny bc of it. that aint trash talking...thats deplorable and dispicable</P>

Well if that is what you are referring to then I agree. I assume that guy was banned immediately. If not, you are right to object.</P>

MattMeyerBud
01-19-2012, 02:01 PM

Lots of respect for you Meyerbud, but "this is what playoff football is about baby" doesn't cut it. That's an opinion of yours, not necessarily everyone else. We are the fans of the Giants and we are the one's that traffic the site (thus seeing the adds that run on the site). If people have legitimate gripes with what trollers are doing more drastic actions should be taken. Moreover, it's worth looking at the behavior of our own fans that have responded to these trolls, some of the things they have said are just as bad, if not worse. Bottom line, the boards are turning into crap. I've been here a long time and it's never been like this (even after we won it all in 2008 and a million bandwagons hopped on). It's hard to police stupid Giants fans saying stupid crap, I understand that. I am sure you more than anyone gets frustrated by that. However, I can't imagine it's as hard to ban some of the troll posters from posting. That seems like a step that could be easily taken and one that would begin the process of making the boards the best they can be. Just my $0.02.</p>

When did you get so soft Providence?</p>

</p>

MS is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGEe_zpddNI

Providence
01-19-2012, 02:05 PM

Lots of respect for you Meyerbud, but "this is what playoff football is about baby" doesn't cut it. That's an opinion of yours, not necessarily everyone else. We are the fans of the Giants and we are the one's that traffic the site (thus seeing the adds that run on the site). If people have legitimate gripes with what trollers are doing more drastic actions should be taken. Moreover, it's worth looking at the behavior of our own fans that have responded to these trolls, some of the things they have said are just as bad, if not worse. Bottom line, the boards are turning into crap. I've been here a long time and it's never been like this (even after we won it all in 2008 and a million bandwagons hopped on). It's hard to police stupid Giants fans saying stupid crap, I understand that. I am sure you more than anyone gets frustrated by that. However, I can't imagine it's as hard to ban some of the troll posters from posting. That seems like a step that could be easily taken and one that would begin the process of making the boards the best they can be. Just my $0.02.</p>

*</p>

This actually made me laugh out loud. Hilarious.

TheCatchIII
01-19-2012, 02:18 PM
I actually haven't noticed a LOT of senseless trolling, but I am sure I have missed some.

Anyways, I joined here to learn more about your team and hopefully engage in some interesting debates/discussions about the game.

Cheers!

Morehead State
01-19-2012, 02:18 PM

</P>

This actually made me laugh out loud. Hilarious.</P>

The real Moorehead (aka Hakeem Nicks)</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bzwmzqvsDo&amp;feature=mfu_in_order&amp;list=UL</P>

DragonSoul
01-19-2012, 02:19 PM
I actually haven't noticed a LOT of senseless trolling, but I am sure I have missed some.

Anyways, I joined here to learn more about your team and hopefully engage in some interesting debates/discussions about the game.

Cheers!welcome

MattMeyerBud
01-19-2012, 02:20 PM

Cheers!

u had some guys in here last night talking **** about 9/11 and going completely overboard. Couple that with a couple of guys who are just coming in here and saying nothing but being ig'nant and this is the typical response you'd get.

Providence
01-19-2012, 02:21 PM

*</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bzwmzqvsDo&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL</P>

Oh cool, old out takes from the Gong show. When does the guy who spits wooden nickels come on?

Morehead State
01-19-2012, 02:29 PM

</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bzwmzqvsDo&amp;feature=mfu_in_order&amp;list=UL</P>

Oh cool, old out takes from the Gong show. When does the guy who spits wooden nickels come on?</P>

Confirming my view that most liberals are big fat meanos.</P>

</P>

Providence
01-19-2012, 03:39 PM

*</P>

Oh cool, old out takes from the Gong show. When does the guy who spits wooden nickels come on?</P>

*</P>

Morehead is allowed to bust balls but the minute you bust his he gets bent out of shape. A conservative that's a hypocrite....what a surprise.

DragonSoul
01-19-2012, 03:45 PM

*</P>

*</P>

Morehead is allowed to bust balls but the minute you bust his he gets bent out of shape. A conservative that's a hypocrite....what a surprise.Actually the Liberals seem to be the hypocrites. First they tell you to accept all others, but if they do not agree with you, then you are the devil reincarnate.

And I cannot believe you had me come to MS defense ffs.

Morehead State
01-19-2012, 03:47 PM

</P>

</P>

Morehead is allowed to bust balls but the minute you bust his he gets bent out of shape. A conservative that's a hypocrite....what a surprise.Actually the Liberals seem to be the hypocrites. First they tell you to accept all others, but if they do not agree with you, then you are the devil reincarnate. And I cannot believe you had me come to MS defense ffs.</P>

Why wouldn't you? Morehead is a lover of all God's creatures. Even Providence.</P>

MattMeyerBud
01-19-2012, 03:52 PM

</p>

This actually made me laugh out loud. Hilarious.</p>

The real Moorehead (aka Hakeem Nicks)</p>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bzwmzqvsDo&amp;feature=mfu_in_order&amp;list=UL</p>

Oh cool, old out takes from the Gong show. When does the guy who spits wooden nickels come on?</p>

Confirming my view that most liberals are big fat meanos.</p>

</p>

Morehead is allowed to bust balls but the minute you bust his he gets bent out of shape. A conservative that's a hypocrite....what a surprise.

thats why i love dealing with moorehead. Its like playing high stakes poker of wit with somebody that has an obvious tell. Once he does it, you know you push #allin

MattMeyerBud
01-19-2012, 03:53 PM

</p>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bzwmzqvsDo&amp;feature=mfu_in_order&amp;list=UL</p>

Oh cool, old out takes from the Gong show. When does the guy who spits wooden nickels come on?</p>

</p>

Morehead is allowed to bust balls but the minute you bust his he gets bent out of shape. A conservative that's a hypocrite....what a surprise.Actually the Liberals seem to be the hypocrites. First they tell you to accept all others, but if they do not agree with you, then you are the devil reincarnate. And I cannot believe you had me come to MS defense ffs.</p>

Why wouldn't you? Morehead is a lover of all God's creatures. Even Providence.</p>

lol funny stuff, but lets leave the politics out of it...

Mooreheads evil has nothing to do with his political affiliation... it has to do with being the son of satan

Morehead State
01-19-2012, 03:55 PM

</P>

</P>

Morehead is allowed to bust balls but the minute you bust his he gets bent out of shape. A conservative that's a hypocrite....what a surprise.Actually the Liberals seem to be the hypocrites. First they tell you to accept all others, but if they do not agree with you, then you are the devil reincarnate. And I cannot believe you had me come to MS defense ffs.</P>

Why wouldn't you? Morehead is a lover of all God's creatures. Even Providence.</P>

Mooreheads evil has nothing to do with his political affiliation... it has to do with being the son of satan
</P>

This from the only guy in America that doesn't think Eli is playing better this year.</P>

Hahahahahha!!!!</P>

And I may be (a little) evil, but I'm still not in your league.</P>

TheCatchIII
01-19-2012, 03:59 PM

Cheers!

u had some guys in here last night talking **** about 9/11 and going completely overboard. Couple that with a couple of guys who are just coming in here and saying nothing but being ig'nant and this is the typical response you'd get.

Well that is BS. I actually saw some guys making poor Katrina "jokes" as well for our last game.

Just understand every fan base has them, and also, with a team that has been in the ****ter for so long, you get bandwagoners jumping on....

Old school Niner fans I always thought were a classy bunch....at least what I have seen.

But one bad apple......

Bread
01-19-2012, 04:02 PM

Cheers!

Well that is BS.* I actually saw some guys making poor Katrina "jokes" as well for our last game.

Just understand every fan base has them, and also, with a team that has been in the ****ter for so long, you get bandwagoners jumping on....

Old school Niner fans I always thought were a classy bunch....at least what I have seen.

But one bad apple......

Alot more than one...welcome to my world

Providence
01-19-2012, 04:15 PM

*</P>

*</P>

Why wouldn't you?* Morehead is a lover of all God's creatures.* Even Providence.</P>

What about Brian Dawkins?

Mod_C
01-19-2012, 04:28 PM
If they are in TAGF, we move them to Smack Talk unless they are utterly classless and then we just ban them. It's happening, but they have a right to post here as long as they behave. If you have specific user names and threads to complain about, let me know.

One of our posters complained about not being able to sign onto the 49ers board. Everyone should be able to enjoy the ambiance and we'll do our best to ambulate them when they cross the line.

MattMeyerBud
01-19-2012, 04:29 PM

</p>

</p>

Morehead is allowed to bust balls but the minute you bust his he gets bent out of shape. A conservative that's a hypocrite....what a surprise.Actually the Liberals seem to be the hypocrites. First they tell you to accept all others, but if they do not agree with you, then you are the devil reincarnate. And I cannot believe you had me come to MS defense ffs.</p>

Why wouldn't you? Morehead is a lover of all God's creatures. Even Providence.</p>

</p>

This from the only guy in America that doesn't think Eli is playing better this year.</p>

Hahahahahha!!!!</p>

And I may be (a little) evil, but I'm still not in your league.</p>

all i know is that once I met Hakeem Nicks, the NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS have been on a 4 game winning streak and are 2 games away from being superbowl champions

FACTS

and ur just catching up to recognizing how great eli is, don't hate me cuz i always say it

JayDAche
01-19-2012, 04:34 PM
Sigh.... only takes a few immature punks to ruin the look of an entire community. Sad.

MattMeyerBud
01-19-2012, 04:55 PM

Cheers!

Well that is BS. I actually saw some guys making poor Katrina "jokes" as well for our last game.

But one bad apple......

yea and thats what the message i posted on top of the page in TAGF is about. Don't let one ****** bag represent the SF fans.

JMFP2
01-19-2012, 04:57 PM
My $0.02, as someone who has been here a while, and can remember when the boards were pretty wild (back in Current Events days):

Intelligent threads should stay here.

Trash talking threads should be in the trash talking section.

Posters who don't want to follow those rules should be tossed.

People trash Philly fans alot, but I'm on the EMB, and they handle their board very well. They have a "talk about the Eagles" forum for the serious diehards.....they have "around the NFL" for general fans. And they have a "rant and rave" for all the idiots.

Die-Hard
01-19-2012, 05:13 PM
Just pity that loser who posted the 9/11 jabs. He's obviously ignorant enough to think that 9/11 was only an attack on NY, when in reality, it was an attack on the United States. I was furious when I saw the post this morning, and I took it down and banned him immediately. Apologies for not catching him sooner, but we do have to sleep, and I for one can't stay up all night watching the boards. (No sarcasm is intended)

I'm personally looking into finding this piece of trash. Not that difficult to do.

Bread
01-19-2012, 05:17 PM
Just pity that loser who posted the 9/11 jabs. He's obviously ignorant enough to think that 9/11 was only an attack on NY, when in reality, it was an attack on the United States. I was furious when I saw the post this morning, and I took it down and banned him immediately. Apologies for not catching him sooner, but we do have to sleep, and I for one can't stay up all night watching the boards. (No sarcasm is intended)

I'm personally looking into finding this piece of trash. Not that difficult to do.
If you find him, what would you do?

Bigg Bluee
01-19-2012, 05:21 PM

Should have been here last night when he did it. It was surreal.

Die-Hard
01-19-2012, 05:28 PM

Make his information VERY public to a few million people

Not here on these boards, of course, but through other means. He'll wish he was never born

Drez
01-19-2012, 05:36 PM
and we'll do our best to ambulate them when they cross the line.

</P>

Awesome phrasing. Nice.</P>

giantsfan39
01-19-2012, 05:56 PM

What can be done to him? Posting something like that is way over the top.

giantsfan39
01-19-2012, 05:57 PM
Niners fans are wmps in general. No such thing as a man who roots for the ninesr. Only a bunch of wimps and losers.

Goldengirl
01-19-2012, 05:58 PM
We're just checkin out the opponets, got a lot of Giant fans on our board giving us crap, why should you be immune?

Goldengirl
01-19-2012, 06:04 PM
I have taken a beating because I was wearing a 49er jersey, by a man, or was a man. By the time I finished with him he was singing in a much higher voice. So never call us wimps. My defintion of a wimp is someone afraid to go see a game in enemy territory. Looks like your the whinners to me

MattMeyerBud
01-19-2012, 06:32 PM
We're just checkin out the opponets, got a lot of Giant fans on our board giving us crap, why should you be immune?

if the golden gate bridge went down and then giants fans went over and made jokes about it, i would expect u to respond the same way

as for **** talking, ur not exactly word smiths. Nobody cares about that, I personally find it funny by some attempts made

giantsfan420
01-19-2012, 06:40 PM

Make his information VERY public to a few million people

Not here on these boards, of course, but through other means. He'll wish he was never born

thank you. exactly how i feel.

if u did an ip ban, it should give u the IP address no? from there it should be very easy. i would get his IP address, figure out where that ip is located, get his personal info, then ask one of the posters here who took still pics of the thread to send it to u. then write up a short summary of what he did/said, send it into a newspaper or tweet it to the players or pat hanlon, and from there, he'll be famous for all the wrong reasons.

karma is going to be a cold b for him

Die-Hard
01-19-2012, 06:51 PM
Already have him tracked to San Diego, using AT+T/SBC

Have an email address as well. Only a matter of time...

giantsfan420
01-19-2012, 06:57 PM

WELL DONE! u should send him some sort of anonymous warning like "hey sheli4life, you thought we couldn't track you? ur going to be famous for all the wrong reasons. ENJOY THE STORM" or something cheesey like that.

u kick *** die-hard. i wished so badly i was a mod last night simply so i could track down that fool.

make sure whatever u do though, not to threaten any physical violence, sure u knew that, but just reminding u

Mod_C
01-19-2012, 06:57 PM

No immunity required, just take it to the Smack Talk section and rant to your heart's content, but keep it civil. Simple enough, no?

Gianthunter
01-19-2012, 07:16 PM

Sick-em DH[:@]

REDx85xGOLD
01-19-2012, 07:23 PM

I understand what he did was wrong and has no place in here, but you being part of a moderating team, you should be a little more mature and be the bigger person here, sounds more like you're trying to instigate it even more.

giantsfan420
01-19-2012, 07:26 PM

I understand what he did was wrong and has no place in here, but you being part of a moderating team, you should be a little more mature and be the bigger person here, sounds more like you're trying to instigate it even more.

get bent. he isnt instigating he was instigated.

now ur lil but buddy is going to get what hes got coming to him, much like ur teams got an *** wooping with their names on it come this sunday

JMGGIANTS
01-19-2012, 07:27 PM

</P>

an ignorant fool like yourself could never comprehend the emotional chord 9/11 strikes.</P>

ShakeNBake
01-19-2012, 07:30 PM

If you want to post crap like that you should expect consequences and retaliation. If you're too dense to understand that, its your problem. Seems like breathing in all that smog on the west coast has given the vast majority of you 9ers fans permanent brain damage.

Gianthunter
01-19-2012, 07:34 PM

The sad state of affairs isyou are totally clueless. Sad just ****ing sad.

DragonSoul
01-19-2012, 07:36 PM

Need to let Nilay know that he needs to add some night owl/west coaster(s) to become mods, so they can help out and actually have the forums covered fairly well through out the 24 hr cycle.

I mentioned that years ago, and that is when the 1st big group of new guys became mods like Tommy. But it still needs mods on at different times for those reasons.

I messaged MMB on Twitter hoping he may be around but he wasn't.

Die-Hard
01-19-2012, 07:38 PM

What that guy did was inexcusable, and the epitome of classless. I'm certainly not going to physically harm him, nor am I going to suggest that others physically harm him. However, what I <u>am</u> going to do is make him regret his idotic decision to make fun of a terrorist attack on the United States that just happened to go down in NYC, which he thought was quite comical. He hasn't begun to see how comical it's going to get for him.

No violence, of course, and nothing life-changing, but lets just call it a dose of badly needed humility...

REDx85xGOLD
01-19-2012, 07:45 PM
To you all that want to bash me and accuse me of defending the OP of that thread need to stop be ignorant just because the only thing he had in common with me was him being a Niner fan. He doesnt represent the 49er Faithful and 49er as a team, so stop with all the bashing of other Niner fans trying to have some football talk with the rest of the people on the MB. Little words I say, it gets twisted and makes me look like i'm making fun of 9/11.

Die-Hard
01-19-2012, 07:46 PM

Need to let Nilay know that he needs to add some night owl/west coaster(s) to become mods, so they can help out and actually have the forums covered fairly well through out the 24 hr cycle.

I mentioned that years ago, and that is when the 1st big group of new guys became mods like Tommy. But it still needs mods on at different times for those reasons.

We'll discuss that for sure. I think what happened in this case was that most SF fans are on the west coast, which is a 3 hour time difference for us on the east coast. By the time we're shutting down and going to bed, it's still early for them, judging by the time stamps on the offending posts that were removed. Can't blame all of them for a few bad apples, as all fan bases have them. I just want to find that guy and humiliate him for a bit.

NYG4lifeNYK
01-19-2012, 07:46 PM

No apology needed, no one expects you guys to be aware of everything every second. I just thought since it was going on for hours someone saw all the smack talk threads by 9ers fans &amp; was letting it slide.

Die-Hard
01-19-2012, 07:47 PM
To you all that want to bash me and accuse me of defending the OP of that thread need to stop be ignorant just because the only thing he had in common with me was him being a Niner fan. He doesnt represent the 49er Faithful and 49er as a team, so stop with all the bashing of other Niner fans trying to have some football talk with the rest of the people on the MB. Little words I say, it gets twisted and makes me look like i'm making fun of 9/11.

Not at all. I am not putting you, or any other decent Niners fans, in that category, and neither should anyone else that is reading this.

Gianthunter
01-19-2012, 07:48 PM
sounds more like you're trying to instigate it even more.
How is this twisted?

MattMeyerBud
01-19-2012, 07:50 PM

nobody is bashing you, you clearly can't/don't understand something like that unless you've seen it with your own eyes which most of us have.

Its a touchy subject and that guys a piece of ****. I would be ashamed it there was any OTHER type of reaction so some **** like that.

Nobody is suggesting you agree with him or are sticking up for him, but nobody is instigating him either. He provoked alot of emotions for a very serious subject matter. IF u get it, then great if not thats fine too but then you shouldn't comment on it.

DragonSoul
01-19-2012, 07:51 PM

We'll discuss that for sure. I think what happened in this case was that most SF fans are on the west coast, which is a 3 hour time difference for us on the east coast. By the time we're shutting down and going to bed, it's still early for them, judging by the time stamps on the offending posts that were removed. Can't blame all of them for a few bad apples, as all fan bases have them. I just want to find that guy and humiliate him for a bit.
completely agree, & understand. That was the reason for my suggestion, even years ago since I use to run a big site/mb years ago & knew what could happen @ all hours.

DragonSoul
01-19-2012, 07:52 PM

No apology needed, no one expects you guys to be aware of everything every second. I just thought since it was going on for hours someone saw all the smack talk threads by 9ers fans & was letting it slide.
I knew what it was. Just very bad timing.

NinerDieHard
01-19-2012, 08:13 PM
to put things simply mods can't just ban every person that happens to be a niner fan. it just doesn't work that way. thing is most fans invade forums to talk smack as football tends to be an emotional game that interests a lot of overconfident homers, i prefer to talk football and let my team prove me right. talking smack? a little but not very much and no personal attacks (that 9/11 story pisses me off cuz thats the reason my father enlisted and was sent overseas for a year every other year)

Voldamort
01-19-2012, 08:23 PM
F-frisco and there fans

Bread
01-19-2012, 08:27 PM

LOL! You are a true G, dude. Sick em. Karma is a biitch

billbird2111
01-19-2012, 08:30 PM
I am doing my level best to not be a classless 49er fan.

Did one of my bretheren says something wrong about 9/11?

Idiots come in all shapes and sizes. Some of them wear Niner jerseys. Please don't think we're all that way.

Giants_101
01-19-2012, 08:32 PM
In all honesty, it's been some of the worst and most hateful trash talk since Seahawks fans pulled out the 9/11 card a few years back.

Must be something with the NFC West...

REDx85xGOLD
01-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Let's not make it sound like other fans of other teams dont say things as well, you Giants fans included, you're not innocent by any mean.

Judico
01-19-2012, 08:37 PM
I don't care what in the hell team you support or where you are from...if you make jokes in any regard to 9/11 in anyway, you are disgusting. I hope that you never have to experience events and tragedies that so many had and still have endured.

This is nothing more than a game, plain and simple. To dishonor the victims and their families is completely reprehensible.

Gianthunter
01-19-2012, 08:39 PM
Let's not make it sound like other fans of other teams dont say things as well, you Giants fans included, you're not innocent by any mean.
<FONT size=6>Tap</FONT><FONT size=5> TAP</FONT><FONT size=3>TAP</FONT><FONT size=2>TAP</FONT><FONT size=1>TAP.</FONT>

JMGGIANTS
01-19-2012, 08:42 PM
</P>

What the freak is wrong with you? There were people just cutting you some slack and now you say this. You don't seem to get it? Like 9/11 is nothing to joke about...it is not the same as smack talk or idiotic fans posting on other teams forum. That is his point dude!! Are you that dense?</P>

REDx85xGOLD
01-19-2012, 08:45 PM
<font size="6">Tap</font><font size="5"> TAP</font><font size="3">TAP</font><font size="2">TAP</font><font size="1">TAP.</font>

Did the first dose of ativan not work for you, I usually give my elderly patients a little more dose when they still act up

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z143/JDMNINO/Ativan202.jpg

Mod_C
01-19-2012, 08:50 PM
<font size="6">Tap</font><font size="5"> TAP</font><font size="3">TAP</font><font size="2">TAP</font><font size="1">TAP.</font>

Did the first dose of ativan not work for you, I usually give my elderly patients a little more dose when they still act up

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z143/JDMNINO/Ativan202.jpg

This is not the Smack Talk Thread. That is where you can go to rant, rave, etc. This is the TAGF Thread where you can't talk smack. It's really a simple rule to follow. Can you?

Joe Morrison
01-19-2012, 09:00 PM
I don't know what the big deal is, the Niners belong in the same class with the Cowboys, living in the past, now they get a glimpse of the glory days and their all excited.</P>

Like we really care that the last title they one was two decades ago with Steve Young and their still harping on the pass from Montana's days, kind of like the Jets with Joe Willie.</P>

Let them enjoy it while they can, they will be gone after Sunday eating crow and waiting for next year!</P>

harrycarson
01-19-2012, 09:11 PM
cmon, even the 9ers fans know they have no shot Sunday so that is why they are having the only fun they can. No way they can beat the Giants Sunday, they have no experience compared to the Gmen. Gmen are the better team by far, BY FAR and they got nothing to be able to hang with the Giants. Classless idiots bug me but then again I think of where and how they must live, if one has no respect for ones self then how could they have respect for anything or anyone else.

Goldengirl
01-19-2012, 09:48 PM
I get crap everywhere I go from all of you, but thats good, I like being the underdog, cause when you succeed it makes the victory all the more sweet!!! Don't think we aren't prepared, and don't expect us to give up!!!
We want this way more than you do.
We hungry, are you?

FlyingTruck
01-19-2012, 09:50 PM
My buddy is a Ravens fan and he hangs out on the Ravens forum. They have a lot more active mods then we do.

Seriously make me a mod...I'll get work done ;)

Goldengirl
01-19-2012, 09:52 PM
BTW that wasn't the stomach flu Eli had on Wednesday, it was his anxiety acting up. Can you please return his bottle of Ativan, Thank you!

Die-Hard
01-19-2012, 10:24 PM
I get crap everywhere I go from all of you, but thats good, I like being the underdog, cause when you succeed it makes the victory all the more sweet!!! Don't think we aren't prepared, and don't expect us to give up!!!
We hungry, are you?

Not for nothing, but the Niners are favored by 2.5-3 points, which means they aren't the underdogs. In fact, most outlets that I've seen are picking SF to win this game

I like the Giants' chances.

calzonesays
01-19-2012, 10:49 PM
REDx85xGOLD has posted 72 times in the past 36 hours on this forum, and he's not even a Giants fan. That's a pretty unhealthy obsession.

Edit make that 73 times, he's still going @ it.

REDx85xGOLD
01-19-2012, 10:52 PM
REDx85xGOLD has posted 72 times in the past 36 hours on this forum, and he's not even a Giants fan. That's a pretty unhealthy obsession.

and your point is? like i said, i'm here to get into some NYG-Niner talk, if you cant handle that then shoo fly dont bother me.

JayDAche
01-19-2012, 10:53 PM
We hungry, are you?

Not for nothing, but the Niners are favored by 2.5-3 points, which means they aren't the underdogs. In fact, most outlets that I've seen are picking SF to win this game

Any links?..
Most I've seen have been picking the Giants lol.

JJC7301
01-19-2012, 11:01 PM
We hungry, are you?

Any links?..
Most of what I've been hearing and reading has been in favor of SF as well. Sorry no links -- don't feel like searching for it. And they should be favored -- 13-3; at home; just beat NO.

swimeasy
01-19-2012, 11:10 PM
We hungry, are you?

Any links?..

Yes Vegas odds favor SF as he said, not talking heads' opinions.

Weygand
01-20-2012, 12:56 AM

But one bad apple......

Funny because I was in Newpark Mall and one of the sports stores had these shirts prominently displayed in the entrance which read "49er Faithful" and I thought to myself that only a bandwagon fan would buy that. Talk about hoisting yourself by your own petard.

But you're right in that it's usually the bandwagoners that embarrass the majority of 9er fans ...I know a lot of longtime and recently suffering 9er fans and even with the conference title on the line I agree with them that there's enough for both teams to feel confident about and that it's going to be a very enjoyable game.

One of the nice things about being a 9-7 team....there is no bandwagon because everyone expects you to lose...and one thing bandwagoners do not have truck with is mediocrity or anything less than a first round bye

MattMeyerBud
01-20-2012, 10:31 AM
BTW that wasn't the stomach flu Eli had on Wednesday, it was his anxiety acting up. Can you please return his bottle of Ativan, Thank you!

Ativan jokes?

the funny part is i had no clue what the hell it was...

we use xanex for anxiety around here...

this is what I mean by the lack of trash talking skills by you guys...

your not funny or witty, TheCatchIII is alrite, but the rest of you really bring nothing to the table

MattMeyerBud
01-20-2012, 10:31 AM

haha i did that in Packers and Falcons boards though

MattMeyerBud
01-20-2012, 10:33 AM

and your point is? like i said, i'm here to get into some NYG-Niner talk, if you cant handle that then shoo fly dont bother me.

all i've seen u do is try to cowardly stick up for this 49ers fan to justify what he said about 9/11

u want to break balls, u want to trash talk, u want to have football talk - i can help u with all 3. Just be for real for 5 minutes about what the ******* said. The more u stick up and try to justify, the more u put urself in a group with him