PDA

View Full Version : NY Post Article: Niners: " Giants talking too much"

CTLadyBlue
01-19-2012, 08:36 AM
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/san_fran_we_will_do_the_talking_rHbdxfL9InaouYkLZZ MdfI

Is this guy serious?? Especially:

“[The Giants] have been that way all year long, so the things they’re doing right now don’t surprise us,” Whitner said of the trash talk. “Coach [Jim Harbaugh] even warned us that was going to happen, that they were going to talk. We knew it was coming, so we’re going to continue to go about it our way and let them go about theirs.”

Giants talking 'all year'? Really? And Harbaugh warned his team that we'd be like this?? Really, again??

Dude must be confusing us with the Jets

TrueBlue07
01-19-2012, 08:43 AM
the 49ers talk way too much about how much the giants talk

Pakman
01-19-2012, 08:45 AM
49ers don't like confident teams I guess.

guardplay320
01-19-2012, 08:54 AM
the 49ers talk way too much about how much the giants talk

The 49ers and their fans talk way too much about how the Giants talk. Their message board has very little content except whining about the Giants talking and whining about how they are being so disrespected by the media/East Coast Bias.

FBomb
01-19-2012, 09:38 AM
What the **** are they talking about? I haven't heard any talking.....except for several SF fans who are so scared they feel the need to come here and posts stupidity.

Strahan4gov
01-19-2012, 10:03 AM
The Giants and their class is unquestionable and is clearly lost on some people.

GameTime
01-19-2012, 10:13 AM
Harbaugh said in his presser yesterday that the Gianst are a class org and all good stuff.</P>

On the SF boards the fans are getting their panites in a bunch because of:</P>

Tuck saying they can win but didnt garauntee it. So Tuck is a ***** for NOT garaunteeing a win</P>

Rolle saying they "wont be denied"</P>

Cruz saying he is glad they are playing the Niners as opposed to the Saints</P>

those are just a few of the things they are getting all *****y about...</P>

I am on the boards over there trying to be classy but telling them that if they think that is trash talking then they are way too sensitive and dont really know what trash talking is....</P>

</P>

</P>

MattMeyerBud
01-19-2012, 10:17 AM
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/san_fran_we_will_do_the_talking_rHbdxfL9InaouYkLZZ MdfI

“[The Giants] have been that way all year long, so the things they’re doing right now don’t surprise us,” Whitner said of the trash talk. “Coach [Jim Harbaugh] even warned us that was going to happen, that they were going to talk. We knew it was coming, so we’re going to continue to go about it our way and let them go about theirs.”

Giants talking 'all year'? Really? And Harbaugh warned his team that we'd be like this?? Really, again??

ehhh

when the Giants do start feeling good they do start running their flaps

granted, no where near where the Jets do, but we do

GiantsYanks
01-19-2012, 10:19 AM

I tweeted this clown and asked him why he got toasted by Sproles and then Jimmy Graham 66 yard TD which almost cost them the game... I doubt he'll respond. He tried to go for the knockout on Graham and just straight whiffed.

buddy33
01-19-2012, 10:31 AM
People can twist things anyway they want. I think Cruz said that he thinks they match up better with the 49ers than they do with the Saints. Is that talking trash?

I do worry that they have this "the world is against mentality" and might rely on it by jut saying it instead of playing like it.

Other than that I don't think they are talking trash.

TrueBlue07
01-19-2012, 10:35 AM
there's a difference between saying "we feel when we play our best football we can't be beat" and someone like Rex saying "we are the best, and we're going to beat everyone". At least the Giants acknowledge they have work to do on their end before they puff their chests. The Jets talk comes off as "all we gotta do is show up &amp; the game is ours".

There has been no talk this week beyond Rolle telling the media the 9ers should be careful what they wish for. What else should he say when asked the Q about some 9ers players openly rooting for us last Sunday?

This is nothing more than a desperate team grasping for ways to motivate their squad. Whitner is in for a rude surprise if he thinks he can lay the wood on Bradshaw or Jacobs the way he did Sproles. He should give Pool, Woodson, or Landry a call and see how that worked out for them.

bLuereverie
01-19-2012, 10:37 AM
Cruz's statement is no different than Vernon saying they would prefer to play us at the stick.

I think the most audacious of statements have come from Boley's guarantee.

Even Rolle has been somewhat reserved. Wouldn't say anything about the SB.

Plenty of respect for the 49ers, it's just coinciding with personal confidence.

ru_gmen55
01-19-2012, 12:31 PM
Cruz's statement is no different than Vernon saying they would prefer to play us at the stick.

Yeah this is what I was going to say. Vernon Davis claims thatge literally prayed for the Giants to win. That's "passive-aggressive" trash talk if I ever heard it.

ru_gmen55

Yeah this is what I was going to say. Vernon Davis claims thatge literally prayed for the Giants to win. That's "passive-aggressive" trash talk if I ever heard it.

ru_gmen55

ru_gmen55

NYSPORTS
01-19-2012, 01:01 PM
I've notice the only Giants who talk are the ones that don't wear rings.

Than again, I don't believe any have a bigger ego than Harbaugh.

yoeddy
01-19-2012, 01:11 PM

Hopefully they are preparing for Mark Sanchez...

embeshAtYa
01-19-2012, 01:11 PM
for the kinda year we had, I wish it was the Saints in their stupid dome. That way I wouldn hav to hear anyone about seahawks, skins twice, ......... whatever. always gona be stupid excuses.

GreenZone
01-19-2012, 01:19 PM
Hopefully they are preparing for Mark Sanchez...

LOL. That's what it sounded like. Hey mistakes do happen!

The Giants should have hired Rex to run interference and do a bunch of trash talking for them.

All this talk about talk is 1) the media egging and begging for it because it stirs up emotions and is easier to write about than actually covering x's and o's..

2) It reminds me of political correctness and everyone waiting to be offended by what they hear. Some are so desperate to receive trash talking that they even now attribute a player saying "we're not going to be denied" with disparaging the opponent or being disrespected.

NYG4ME
01-19-2012, 01:22 PM
People confuse confidence with ****iness. Big Difference.

JJC7301
01-19-2012, 01:27 PM
I don't like trash talking, but I think the Giants have just sounded confident and the 49ers don't like it that the Giants aren't drinking their Kool-Aid. I wouldn't mind JPP giving another "100% chance" if he actually believes it like he did against GB.</P>

njsean
01-19-2012, 02:13 PM
Yawn.

When the game is over, only one board will matter - and it sure as heck ain't the bulletin.

Providence
01-19-2012, 02:18 PM
Let me get this straight...Jim Harbaugh, the guy who disrespected another NFL coach on his home field, warned his team about the Giants talking a lot?

Firenugget
01-19-2012, 02:19 PM

ehhh

when the Giants do start feeling good they do start running their flaps

granted, no where near where the Jets do, but we do

Who? When? I haven't heard a peep of trash talk about SF.

Thats what fans are for. [:D]

So allow me to say SF is as dangerous as Atlanta was and the outcome will be very similar. Book it.