PDA

View Full Version : 49ers Vs. Giants: Joe Biden Mistakenly Reps New York At San Francisco Rally

EZ_E
01-19-2012, 07:56 AM
http://bayarea.sbnation.com/san-francisco-49ers/2012/1/18/2717468/joe-biden-speech-mistake-49ers-vs-giants

You knew it was going to happen sooner or later.

With both San Francisco and New York representing professional sports teams named the 'Giants,' it's easy to get a bit tongue-tied when talking about the NFC Championship game this year. But while speaking at an event in the financial district in San Francisco, Vice President Joe Biden certainly picked the wrong time to exclaim: "the Giants are going all the way!" to those in attendance. Hopefully he's just a big baseball fan.

Biden was booed by some in the crowd when he made the ill-timed mixup according to some in attendance, while speaking at a President Obama re-election rally with his wife. Biden was quick to notice the mistake, saying that he was used to talking about the Black and Orange and quickly changed his tune to the 49ers.

At least this isn't the first time the Vice President has made a bit of a gaffe in public.

LT_was_good
01-19-2012, 08:40 AM
Oh man I hope Rush Limbaugh talks about this today. Hilarious.

EZ_E
01-19-2012, 10:38 AM
Not sure what was funnier, the actual error or the excuse for it.

Razur
01-19-2012, 11:06 AM

Who gives a ****e?? Geezus....

TrueBlue07
01-19-2012, 11:15 AM

Who gives a ****e?? Geezus....

You can always ignore it if it doesn't interest you.

I found it to be funny, so to answer your Q, the OP and at least I do.

Gianthunter
01-19-2012, 11:31 AM
This the problem with baby-ball fans. Can't even fathom there is a new No. 1 sport.

87Spider91
01-19-2012, 11:54 AM
I remember he was honoring a senator that was in a wheelchair and said, "Stand up, Chuck, let 'em see ya."

Giants10EM
01-19-2012, 11:59 AM
I remember he was honoring a senator that was in a wheelchair and said, "Stand up, Chuck, let 'em see ya."

ouch. thats a big one.

krygny
01-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Joe Biden - The principal reason President Obama doesn't receive any death threats.

JMGGIANTS
01-19-2012, 12:12 PM
Joe Biden's biggest character defect is his mouth. The one he puts his foot in all the time.

a50yrfan
01-19-2012, 12:30 PM
Joe Biden is senile but his boss is dangerous.

DragonSoul
01-19-2012, 12:39 PM
http://bayarea.sbnation.com/san-francisco-49ers/2012/1/18/2717468/joe-biden-speech-mistake-49ers-vs-giants

You knew it was going to happen sooner or later.

With both San Francisco and New York representing professional sports teams named the 'Giants,' it's easy to get a bit tongue-tied when talking about the NFC Championship game this year. But while speaking at an event in the financial district in San Francisco, Vice President Joe Biden certainly picked the wrong time to exclaim: "the Giants are going all the way!" to those in attendance. Hopefully he's just a big baseball fan.

Biden was booed by some in the crowd when he made the ill-timed mixup according to some in attendance, while speaking at a President Obama re-election rally with his wife. Biden was quick to notice the mistake, saying that he was used to talking about the Black and Orange and quickly changed his tune to the 49ers.

At least this isn't the first time the Vice President has made a bit of a gaffe in public.He should just change his name to Mr. Gaffe as that is all he does, and is good at.

jimsgints
01-19-2012, 12:59 PM
That's funny..

TroyArcher
01-19-2012, 01:59 PM
He really is an idiot. Hard to believe he isone step awayfrom being President.

87Spider91
01-19-2012, 02:19 PM
Oh man I hope Rush Limbaugh talks about this today.* Hilarious.

He just did ;)

BigBlueOnes
01-19-2012, 02:25 PM
Joe, what an idiot. Yes, that's funny. You have to Youtube the wheelchair video! It's hilarious. He asks some guy to stand and be recognized, and he says "Oh, my God, I'm sorry, that's right, you can't walk...we'll walk to you!!" or something like that. At work now, can't search it. IDIOT!!

Providence
01-19-2012, 02:36 PM
I'd rather have a VP that messes up talking about sports than messes up talking about the location of yellow cake uranium.

JMGGIANTS
01-19-2012, 02:42 PM
I'd rather have a VP that messes up talking about sports than messes up talking about the location of yellow cake uranium.</P>

I bet you also aprefer having a V.P.who seeks financial advice fromCorzine as well, LMAO. After all Biden referred to him as the most brilliant financial personhe knows.</P>

Morehead State
01-19-2012, 02:45 PM
I'd rather have a VP that messes up talking about sports than messes up talking about the location of yellow cake uranium.</P>

I bet you also aprefer having a V.P.who seeks financial advice fromCorzine as well, LMAO. After all Biden referred to him as the most brilliant financial personhe knows.</P>

</P>

Did he find that missing $1.2 Billion yet. Maybe in his other suit?</P>

We now know what the "MF" in MF Global stanads for.</P>

JMGGIANTS
01-19-2012, 02:48 PM

</P>

Did he find that missing $1.2 Billion yet. Maybe in his other suit?</P>

We now know what the "MF" in MF Global stanads for.</P>

</P>

LOL if you can't account for $1.2B I submit to you that everyone is a financial genius then. He is still trying to find that money though. Laughing about the MF. </P>

I know how to make a small fortune though. Give Dave Corzines a large fortune and he will make it a small fortune.</P>

Gianthunter
01-19-2012, 03:01 PM
Joes a piker compared to the Mangler-in-Chief...ladies and gentlemen big hand now forThe AmazingDubya

BigBlue D
01-19-2012, 03:20 PM
Now that's funny!! I wish there was a video.