PDA

View Full Version : 49ers Defense Had 5 Turnovers & Still Gave Up 32 Points

Pakman
01-19-2012, 08:09 AM
Just realized this..interesting

buddy33
01-19-2012, 08:26 AM
They still have a very good defense.

I like to look at the 1st time these teams met. The Giants had almost 400 yards of offense. I thought it was a mistake to throw the ball to Cruz after he just dropped one. They ran the same exact play after he had a drop and the defense wasn't fooled. That was one of the interceptions. The second came on a miscommunication and no so much a great defensive play. Then if course there was the on side kick. They like to use those trick plays.

If the Giants can move the ball the way they did the 1st time try played, cut out the turn overs, and not fall for any trick play they can win this game.

Pakman
01-19-2012, 08:47 AM
I'll never understand why they would run that same exact play twice.

Killa4luv
01-19-2012, 09:28 AM
5 turnovers and still had to win on a last second drive?
The means their offense can't get it done, and thats against the Saints D which sucks ***. I feel pretty good about our chances against the 49ers, whom I respect, but they are not a well balanced team. If we don't give them turnovers I dont see why we can't run away with it.

The question for us becomes, can we stop the run. Gore didn't run on us, but they other back was looking like Barry Sanders on us. We stop the run, or at least manage the run, and we'll be fine.

TuckYou
01-19-2012, 09:33 AM
I'll never understand why they would run that same exact play twice.</P>

That is how KillDrive was before 4 weeks ago... Thankfully he is now ThrillDrive and hopefully keeps it that way.</P>

MattMeyerBud
01-19-2012, 09:40 AM
Just realized this..interesting

hey pakman, check ur pm

buddy33
01-19-2012, 09:41 AM
Another thing to remember is they have Bradshaw back.

ElisStomach
01-19-2012, 09:42 AM
the saints, when playing their best, are the best offense in the league.

TrueBlue07
01-19-2012, 09:44 AM
I'll never understand why they would run that same exact play twice.</p>

That is how KillDrive was before 4 weeks ago... Thankfully he is now ThrillDrive and hopefully keeps it that way.</p>

You guys need to be fair. A LOT of GOOD OC's do this. When we had a good OL we would run the ball to the right, and if it was effective, we would turn around and run the same play to the left. No one complained about our running game a few years ago. Why? Because the players executed. KG is not perfect, but IMO he prepares his players well, stays consistent with at least attempting to keep a pass/run balance (as much as he can with our piss poor run blocking this year). Don't underestimate how important the balance is. That's one reason why in 07 &amp; 11 we were able to stifle the GB offense, McCarthy gives up on the run way too quickly.

All we can really ask of a good coach is to have the players prepared well, and have a game plan that accentuates their talents, and masks their short comings. Beyond that it is 100% on the player to execute.

GameTime
01-19-2012, 09:46 AM
Just realized this..interesting</P>

the Sainst game doesnt matter....</P>

The Niners lead the league in take aways and lead the league in NOT giving it up.</P>

They won the game........</P>

The Packers played like **** at times......so thats the Giants excuse for winning...</P>

it all comes down to Sunday...</P>

</P>

Zaggs
01-19-2012, 09:49 AM
The better way to put it. The 49ers were +4 in turnover differential and they still needed a last second score to win. Thats just sad.

BigBlue2010
01-19-2012, 09:51 AM
DON'T LOOK AT NUMBERS!

I mean, The 49ers D held the Saints to 14 through 3 quarters, 17 through 56 minutes. But now that you look at it that way, hell if we don't turn the ball over we should score 60!

buddy33
01-19-2012, 09:51 AM
The Packers offense played bad because the Giants defense made them look that way.

I agree nothing else matters as of now but like I said before, I do like to look at how these teams played earlier in the season and I like the Giants chances as long as they tighten a couple of things up.

Zaggs
01-19-2012, 09:52 AM
DON'T LOOK AT NUMBERS!

I mean, The 49ers D held the Saints to 14 through 3 quarters, 17 through 56 minutes. But now that you look at it that way, hell if we don't turn the ball over we should score 60!

I do see us beating them by more than 1 score.