PDA

View Full Version : Move over Eli, Tebow is here to take over your wrath.

DragonSoul
10-23-2011, 06:44 PM
As some may know I have felt Eli has taken a lot more criticism then he earned or should have received over the years. He definitely earned his fair share of criticism over the years.

Yet Tebow seems to taken that off Eli. I cannot believe all the stuff swirling around this kid.

He may or may not be a good/great QB in the future, but can we wait awhile and see what happens before we trash this kid?

Feel bad for the kid whether he works out or not. I am rooting for him to shut up all those elitist jerks. If he doesn't so be it. At least he gave it a shot, maybe they should give him a shot before crucifying him.

ny06
10-23-2011, 06:46 PM
I am <U>beyond sick</U> of the media frenzy for Tim Tebow. </P>

</P>

GameTime
10-23-2011, 06:47 PM
As some may know I have felt Eli has taken a lot more criticism then he earned or should have received over the years. He definitely earned his fair share of criticism over the years.

Yet Tebow seems to taken that off Eli. I cannot believe all the stuff swirling around this kid.

He may or may not be a good/great QB in the future, but can we wait awhile and see what happens before we trash this kid?

Feel bad for the kid whether he works out or not. I am rooting for him to shut up all those elitist jerks. If he doesn't so be it. At least he gave it a shot, maybe they should give him a shot before crucifying him.

</P>

I know right?....</P>

Would love to see him serve up some crow to these guys. Its unbelievable how some of the talkng heads are so sure this kid will suck. I hope Merril Hodge chokes on his crow. He talks like he has something personal with Tebow.....</P>

But......he wont take anything away from Eli. </P>

Eli will still get his no matter what. Tebow will just get added to the QB whipping post.....lol</P>

BurnerNYG
10-23-2011, 06:47 PM
Yeah the guy on NFL Network (I forget his name) wasn't cutting Tebow no slack.

GiantWarfare
10-23-2011, 06:51 PM

+1.

I've never seen a QB get so crucified, criticized, doubted before. Just sit back and see if he proves you right if you're so sure of his future as an effective starting QB.

Geez, the daily "Rip-on-Tebow" segment is getting so annoying...wasn't his fault McDaniels was so brash as to use a 1st round pick on him.

Just let him play, see what happens.

FBomb
10-23-2011, 06:53 PM

+1.

I've never seen a QB get so crucified, criticized, doubted before. Just sit back and see if he proves you right if you're so sure of his future as an effective starting QB.

Geez, the daily "Rip-on-Tebow" segment is getting so annoying...wasn't his fault McDaniels was so brash as to use a 1st round pick on him.

</P>

Really? Never?</P>

Wes
10-23-2011, 06:54 PM
well he won....and alot of it was because of him...down 15 and score 18 unanswered....</P>

the media cares about stats...wins are meaningless to the media if you arent the media statistical darlings</P>

</P>

DragonSoul
10-23-2011, 06:56 PM
It is fine if the analysts say there peace. Since that is what you are paid for. Yet there is a difference between sharing your opinion, and then beating a dead horse. Some of them need to give it a rest...

GiantWarfare
10-23-2011, 07:01 PM

+1.

</p>

Really? Never?</p>

Def not as much as Eli.

On BSPN there is literally a Tebow-bashing segment just about every day.

Eli's been ripped on for lack of leadership and inconsistency but Tebow is ripped for his throwing motion, his lack of pocket-presence, his accuracy, his run-first mentality, his tendency to take hits, his vision...basically everything except his leadership.

Considering that Eli is the QB of the biggest market in sports while Tebow is the QB of Denver, the hate that Tebow gets, in proportion, is more than Eli.

Eli was highly touted out of Ole Miss. Tebow despite being one of the best college players ever was ripped before the draft.

I myself dont think Tebow will be anything special but I'm willing to give him a chance to prove me wrong instead of stamping the papers before he plays one snap like its some sort of guarantee or something.

NYfanatic
10-23-2011, 07:14 PM
Lets say Eli had a career ending injury...
I would then take Tebow to be our starting Qb over anyone in the league (thats possible we arent getting brady or rodgers in a trade) Plus broncos would be stupid enough to trade him.

buddy33
10-23-2011, 07:25 PM
As long as he doesn't play the Giants I am pulling for Tebow. He has done nothing to deserve the hate he gets. It may not have been pretty, but I thought he was fun to watch today. He is an athlete and found a way to win today.

BurnerNYG
10-23-2011, 07:28 PM
I would then take Tebow to be our starting Qb over anyone in the league (thats possible we arent getting brady or rodgers in a trade) Plus broncos would be stupid enough to trade him.
You're crazy for this one... there's a long list of QB's I would take before Tebow.

Idkaname
10-23-2011, 07:32 PM

Don't lie to yourself the kid's trash

BParcells777
10-23-2011, 07:33 PM
I disagree........I think Tebow will be the next Fran Tarkenton

BParcells777
10-23-2011, 07:36 PM

Your probaly wayyyyyyy to young to remember Tarkenton......one of the greatest QBs of all time

NYfanatic
10-23-2011, 07:38 PM

Anti-Christ!
Lol

dave56dj
10-23-2011, 07:38 PM
Tebow had an awful day at QB - his throws were laughable at times. He used his strength - his legs and his big body, to muster a comeback against the worst team in the NFL. Not too mention some help from wideouts who made some incredible catches.

Taking Tebow other then any QB in the league, if eli went down with an injury, (other then Brady/ Rodgers) is about the worst statement i have ever heard.

Off the top of my head I would prefer
Rivers
Vick
Ryan
Peyton
Brees
Dalton
Big ben
Cam
Flacco
Freeman
Cutler
Hasselback
Shaub

And you could argue Sanchez/ Palmer/ Ponder and be right.

dave56dj
10-23-2011, 07:39 PM
I forgot stafford.

NYfanatic
10-23-2011, 07:40 PM
You're crazy for this one... there's a long list of QB's I would take before Tebow.
What Qb we could possibly get in a trade or FA (not in the draft next year) thats in the league is better then tebow? Henne? Campbell? Mcnabb? Ill take tebow.

NYfanatic
10-23-2011, 07:41 PM
Tebow had an awful day at QB - his throws were laughable at times. He used his strength - his legs and his big body, to muster a comeback against the worst team in the NFL. Not too mention some help from wideouts who made some incredible catches.

Taking Tebow other then any QB in the league, if eli went down with an injury, (other then Brady/ Rodgers) is about the worst statement i have ever heard.

Rivers
Vick
Ryan
Peyton
Brees
Dalton
Big ben
Cam
Flacco
Freeman
Cutler
Hasselback
Shaub

I said that possible to get in a trade. We aint getting none on that list. Plus Sanchez is so bad hes not even worthy of being on a list of potential good future qbs.

pjam84
10-23-2011, 07:41 PM
dude. did you see tebow play today? he was terrible. i would be holding my breath everytime he drops back to pass if i were a broncos fan.

rebelfan1966
10-23-2011, 07:42 PM
I wish the best for Tim Tebow. I think the guy has the heart of a champion, and listening to the talking heads on TV make fun of him starting is a shame.

I predict that he will make a lot of people eat crow soon.

Even though his own ownership and coaching staff seem to be stacking the deck against him.

I wonder if John Elway is worried Tebow will surpass him as the best bronco QB.

BurnerNYG
10-23-2011, 07:43 PM
What Qb we could possibly get in a trade or FA (not in the draft next year) thats in the league is better then tebow? Henne? Campbell? Mcnabb? Ill take tebow.
Ok that's what you meant. Honestly, I think Campbell is better, McNabb is washed up and Henne is trash.

pjam84
10-23-2011, 07:43 PM

wait. what!!!??????

NYfanatic
10-23-2011, 07:44 PM
I wish the best for Tim Tebow. I think the guy has the heart of a champion, and listening to the talking heads on TV make fun of him starting is a shame.

Even though his own ownership and coaching staff seem to be stacking the deck against him.

Already has in current popularity. Broncos fans like Tebow more then Elway right now.

NYfanatic
10-23-2011, 07:45 PM
Ok that's what you meant. Honestly, I think Campbell is better, McNabb is washed up and Henne is trash.
Campbell is a band aid not a franchise Qb. Game manger at best. Henne isnt that bad. Game manger as well. Just cursed with a bad fins team.

rebelfan1966
10-23-2011, 07:45 PM

Rivers
Vick
Ryan
Peyton
Brees
Dalton
Big ben
Cam
Flacco
Freeman
Cutler
Hasselback
Shaub

Keep in mind, he was thrown in there after the owners traded off his best weapon at WR. Also, don't forget that he did lead a heroic comeback.... and this is not the first time for him to do that. Give the guy a chance to settle in, learn the speed of the game, and I think he will make the Broncos a great QB.

pjam84
10-23-2011, 07:48 PM

Already has in current popularity. Broncos fans like Tebow more then Elway right now.

you've obviously never been to denver. john elway is god there. this statement is almost as ridiculous as your trading for tebow if eli went down comment.

BParcells777
10-23-2011, 07:51 PM
there is one black guy on ESPN who abuses Tebow daily on the morning shows........its hysterical to watch

what a Bozo this guy is......don't remember his name but he's a total tool

He is probably in his bathroom right now vomiting after Tebow comes back 15 pts down in 3 minutes

NYfanatic
10-23-2011, 07:53 PM

you've obviously never been to denver. john elway is god there. this statement is almost as ridiculous as your trading for tebow if eli went down comment.
Your obviously a tebow hater.(just one of many) I swear i see more tebow jerseys then elway does (which does make sense Elway isnt the qb anymore) but the fans want Tebow to succeed. The fans love tebow like they did elway.

BurnerNYG
10-23-2011, 07:53 PM
there is one black guy on ESPN who abuses Tebow daily on the morning shows........its hysterical to watch

He is probably in his bathroom right now vomiting after Tebow comes back 15 pts down in 3 minutesWhat black guy is that? I see a lot of white guys abusing Tebow and a lot of black guys defending him.

NYfanatic
10-23-2011, 07:54 PM

He is probably in his bathroom right now vomiting after Tebow comes back 15 pts down in 3 minutes
I know Merril Hodge has a deathwish for Tebow. he said Tebow is the worst qb he has ever seen. you Should of seen Adam Scheftners face.

ajd121
10-23-2011, 08:12 PM

If only Tebow had an all time great older brother...

dave56dj
10-23-2011, 08:56 PM
Look I get that Tebow is a 2nd year guy starting one of his first few games and that he will struggle - thats not the issue. My issue is he looked absolutely lost throwing the football - his mechanics were horrifying. I thought Ponder looked the best out of all the young guys playing today. At times flashed poise and presence in the pocket - made rookie mistakes but flashed some nice leadership.

To me Tebow is a nice athlete - and can certainly run the ball - like fellow lefty Steve Young (with more power) but I certainly dont see the ability to throw like Steve - his mechanics are way OFF. But he will probably get the year to prove otherwise. It should be mentioned that i think Tebow completed about 5 balls to receivers which means the outside is almost worthless with him at Q.

Axels15
10-24-2011, 09:43 AM
I don't know what to think about Tebow.

I obviously wasn't watching the game yesterday, but he had what, four completions in the first 57 minutes against the Dolphins... THE DOLPHINS?

I dunno, I feel like if he plays like that against any other team, they get blown out. Its still an impressive comeback though...

Morehead State
10-24-2011, 10:15 AM

</P>

I am definately rooting for him but I think he sucks.</P>

Morehead State
10-24-2011, 10:19 AM
there is one black guy on ESPN who abuses Tebow daily on the morning shows........its hysterical to watch what a Bozo this guy is......don't remember his name but he's a total tool He is probably in his bathroom right now vomiting after Tebow comes back 15 pts down in 3 minutes
I know Merril Hodge has a deathwish for Tebow. he said Tebow is the worst qb he has ever seen. you Should of seen Adam Scheftners face.
</P>

Hoge knows his stuff. He said of the 3 QB's coming out in the 06 draft (Lienhart, V Young and Cutler) the only one worth drafting in the 1st round was Cutler. He though both VY and Leaihart should have been late round picks.</P>

He said all this before that draft.</P>

Joe Morrison
10-24-2011, 10:27 AM
Tim Tebow has taken a huge amount of abuse since being drafted by the Bronco's.</P>

All he did was win in college, be a total professional all his life and bring that some professional attitude to the NFL.</P>

Everyone can be a critic, especailly those analyts on ESPN who are just jealous they never made it at the real level.</P>

I hope Tebow wins every game except against us in the Super Bowl.</P>

All his critics, I hope they have a big appetite for crow.</P>

rebelfan1966
10-24-2011, 10:36 AM
Deon and Michael were defending him last night on the NFL Highlights show. They said he may not look pretty, but all the players believe he will win the game in the 4th Qtr. That his play elevates the play around him.... and he has already got what many QBs never get, the ability to rally late.</P>

Deon used this analogy....</P>

"Tebow is the guy who goes to the fair and plays the game where you have to throw the ball through the hoop. He nevergets theball through the hoop, yet he leaves there with all the stuffed toy prizes."</P>

The bottom line is this... tebow is a winner. He is a winner on the field, and he is a winner off the field. Something in my gut tells me he will make it to the HOF someday. </P>

Morehead State
10-24-2011, 10:43 AM
Tim Tebow has taken a huge amount of abuse since being drafted by the Bronco's.</P>

All he did was win in college, be a total professional all his life and bring that some professional attitude to the NFL.</P>

Everyone can be a critic, especailly those analyts on ESPN who are just jealous they never made it at the real level.</P>

</P>

All Geno Tarretta did in college was win. College football aint the NFL.</P>

Tebow should have been drafted in the later rounds. McDaniels did Tebow no favor by trading up to get him and then picking him in the first round.</P>

He's a project with a lot on intangables. But you have to be able to play. I'm not sure he can in the NFL.</P>

It took a couple of great catches and an on-side kick for that comeback to happen against a horrible team.</P>

rebelfan1966
10-24-2011, 10:54 AM

</P>

Tebow should have been drafted in the later rounds. McDaniels did Tebow no favor by trading up to get him and then picking him in the first round.</P>

He's a project with a lot on intangables. But you have to be able to play. I'm not sure he can in the NFL.</P>

It took a couple of great catches and an on-side kick for that comeback to happen against a horrible team.</P>

</P>

Twas his first game as a starter.... plus.... when your QB does not have the ability to quit..... it inspires everyone around you to play harder..... hence the great catch on the 4 yard line and the on-side kick return. </P>

Also, when your QB should be sacked, yet he scrambles for a large gain to pick up the first down.... and runs over a line backer in the process..... that jacks everyone up.... including the fans. </P>

The guy has the "it" factor that you can't neatly group into a category with any other QB. </P>

Plus, he is deeply spiritual and just an all around great person off the field. He is the perfect person to have as the face of any franchise.</P>

I will say it again..... My BOLD PREDICTION..... Tebow will be a HOFer.</P>

Morehead State
10-24-2011, 11:09 AM

</P>

</P>

Twas his first game as a starter.... plus.... when your QB does not have the ability to quit..... it inspires everyone around you to play harder..... hence the great catch on the 4 yard line and the on-side kick return. </P>

Also, when your QB should be sacked, yet he scrambles for a large gain to pick up the first down.... and runs over a line backer in the process..... that jacks everyone up.... including the fans. </P>

The guy has the "it" factor that you can't neatly group into a category with any other QB. </P>

Plus, he is deeply spiritual and just an all around great person off the field. He is the perfect person to have as the face of any franchise.</P>

</P>

It was not his first start. </P>

His play was beyond horrible for the first 55 minutes of the game. Had they not have recovered an on side kick it would have gone down as one of the worst game a QB had ever played.</P>

I give him great credit for bringing his team back. But that won't work against a team that has actually won a game.</P>

GMENAGAIN
10-24-2011, 11:21 AM

</P>

</P>

</P>

His play was beyond horrible for the first 55 minutes of the game. Had they not have recovered an on side kick it would have gone down as one of the worst game a QB had ever played.</P>

I give him great credit for bringing his team back. But that won't work against a team that has actually won a game.</P>

</P>

Totally agree. He was putrid for 95% of the game and was able to bring his team back at the end against a winless team that was playing a prevent defense.</P>

If he does the same thing against a respectable team, I'll take notice. Until then . . . . not so much. </P>

MattMeyerBud
10-24-2011, 11:22 AM

wait until Luck pulls an Eli next year and dictates where he wants to go

Eli won't be the most hated man in the NFL anymore (behind Vick)

GMENAGAIN
10-24-2011, 11:23 AM
Deon and Michael were defending him last night on the NFL Highlights show. They said he may not look pretty, but all the players believe he will win the game in the 4th Qtr. That his play elevates the play around him.... and he has already got what many QBs never get, the ability to rally late.</P>

"Tebow is the guy who goes to the fair and plays the game where you have to throw the ball through the hoop. He nevergets theball through the hoop, yet he leaves there with all the stuffed toy prizes."</P>

The bottom line is this... tebow is a winner. He is a winner on the field, and he is a winner off the field. <FONT size=4>Something in my gut tells me he will make it to the HOF someday. </FONT></P>

</P>

Pretty sure that's just gas . . . . it'll pass. </P>

MattMeyerBud
10-24-2011, 11:26 AM
i agree that I hate that nobody ever gave this guy a chance... he does seem to have that winning DNA

but one game vs the Dolphins doesn't prove anything. And not even a good game to be honest

BUT, good for him.

Joe Morrison
10-24-2011, 11:53 AM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Win - all that matters in the scorecard - talk again next week when he wins again, - I am sure you will have a reason why he won't deserve that one either.</P>

</P>

rebelfan1966
10-24-2011, 01:44 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

What regular season game has he started? </P>

As for the game... it is a 60 minute game.... and all that counts is the "W" or "L" at the end of the game.</P>

This guy uplifts his team.... He plays inspired football, and his team follows his lead. </P>

Time will tell.... but until I see something to change my mind.... this guy is a winner. He will loose some games, but let him get in a groove and see what happens.</P>

</P>

Morehead State
10-24-2011, 01:55 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

As for the game... it is a 60 minute game.... and all that counts is the "W" or "L" at the end of the game.</P>

This guy uplifts his team.... He plays inspired football, and his team follows his lead. </P>

Time will tell.... but until I see something to change my mind.... this guy is a winner. He will loose some games, but let him get in a groove and see what happens.</P>

</P>

</P>

He started the last 3 games last year. Lost 2 of them.</P>

Yes he has intangables. But does he have the skill level? I just don't know.</P>

rebelfan1966
10-24-2011, 02:50 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Yes he has intangables. But does he have the skill level? I just don't know.</P>

</P>

</P>

Did not know about the last 3 games last season... but still, he is really just now getting his feet wet. Time will tell... I just have a hunch about this kid. I don't know if it is his deeply spiritual beliefs, or his enthusiasm, or the fire he displays on the field..... but I saw what he did in college, and I am convinced he will overcome any obstacles in the NFL to be great. </P>

Morehead State
10-24-2011, 02:58 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Did not know about the last 3 games last season... but still, he is really just now getting his feet wet. Time will tell... I just have a hunch about this kid. I don't know if it is his deeply spiritual beliefs, or his enthusiasm, or the fire he displays on the field..... but I saw what he did in college, and I am convinced he will overcome any obstacles in the NFL to be great. </P>

</P>

He was agreat college player but the NFL is a different place.</P>

If you say you like the kid because of his religious beliefs, thats perfectly understandable. But to say he's going to be a great player because of them makes no sense to me at all.</P>

Right now, I don't see the skills. And his throwing motion is going to get him killed. WAY too slow.</P>

Idkaname
10-24-2011, 06:57 PM
i agree that I hate that nobody ever gave this guy a chance... he does seem to have that winning DNA

but one game vs the Dolphins doesn't prove anything.* And not even a good game to be honest

BUT, good for him.

Give him a chance to further prove he is not an nfl qb? Why waste our time, thats like saying we didn't give sinorice moss long enough.

Morehead State
10-24-2011, 07:06 PM

but one game vs the Dolphins doesn't prove anything. And not even a good game to be honest

BUT, good for him.
Give him a chance to further prove he is not an nfl qb? Why waste our time, thats like saying we didn't give sinorice moss long enough.</P>

FYI.........Matt loved Sinorice Moss.</P>

bad example.</P>

rebelfan1966
10-24-2011, 11:00 PM

but one game vs the Dolphins doesn't prove anything.* And not even a good game to be honest

BUT, good for him.
Give him a chance to further prove he is not an nfl qb? Why waste our time, thats like saying we didn't give sinorice moss long enough.</P>

FYI.........Matt loved Sinorice Moss.</P>

bad example.</P>

I look fwd to watching his career unfold. Again, it may be just a hunch, but this kid has drive and work ethic like nobody else.

giantyankee1976
10-25-2011, 06:28 PM

[B] to you DragonSoul...

sadly what you posted is true, I like Tebow but the kid should have took the re-class to Tight End or Tail Back and called it a day.

GMENAGAIN
10-31-2011, 09:26 AM

The bottom line is this... tebow is a winner. He is a winner on the field, and he is a winner off the field. Something in my gut tells me he will make it to the HOF someday. </P>

</P>

HOF . . . . lol</P>

ny06
10-31-2011, 09:49 AM
I disagree........I think Tebow will be the next Fran Tarkenton</P>

More like Fran Drescher. </P>

GMENAGAIN
10-31-2011, 11:30 AM
I disagree........I think Tebow will be the next Fran Tarkenton</P>

More like Fran Drescher. </P>

</P>

Ha ha . . . if he's lucky!</P>

NYfanatic
10-31-2011, 02:44 PM
Skip Bayless was right on today when discussing him. He has no weapons and no oline. plus a terrible defense and coaching. He scored 3 points when he took the hurry up shotgun looks. Cruised down the field then the rest of the game they made him play in the I under center formation. He cant do that right now. then at the end again they let him play Shotgun and he scored another td and almost another one until lance ball fumbled. Tebow can be successful under a shotgun hurry up. his supporting cast is terrible but he is making them play better in the drives he knows he can play well in when there is the formations he likes. dont know why john fox wants tebow to play in the I so bad. seriously a smart guy will just let tebow pick what he wants to play in then let him run the offense. Maybe when tebow get more practice (yes its only his second year but people treat him like its his 4th or 5th) (rodgers had 3 years to sit +great qb to learn under tebow didnt + orton is no mentor) then tebow will get more comtoable after more successes in game time then he should be better in 2 years at playing in the I formations and 7 drop back passes and such.

Rusty192
10-31-2011, 02:55 PM
Skip Bayless was right on today when discussing him. He has no weapons and no oline. plus a terrible defense and coaching. He scored 3 points when he took the hurry up shotgun looks. Cruised down the field then the rest of the game they made him play in the I under center formation. He cant do that right now. then at the end again they let him play Shotgun and he scored another td and almost another one until lance ball fumbled. Tebow can be successful under a shotgun hurry up. his supporting cast is terrible but he is making them play better in the drives he knows he can play well in when there is the formations he likes. dont know why john fox wants tebow to play in the I so bad. seriously a smart guy will just let tebow pick what he wants to play in then let him run the offense. Maybe when tebow get more practice (yes its only his second year but people treat him like its his 4th or 5th) (rodgers had 3 years to sit +great qb to learn under tebow didnt + orton is no mentor) then tebow will get more comtoable after more successes in game time then he should be better in 2 years at playing in the I formations and 7 drop back passes and such.
Great post!

They need to play to his strengths. Isn't that what you should do for any player? lol Denver is clueless and also just needs more talent.

It's amazing how people are writing off this kid when he's only been starting in the league for a few months. Give him a chance for petes sake.

ny06
10-31-2011, 03:03 PM
</P>

Why do so many fans put the blame on his supporting cast? </P>

It was evident yesterday that he is not a good qb in the NFL. </P>

The Lions defenders must of been laughing half the game, the Broncos offense is pathetic, and Tebow is a big reason behind it. </P>

This is the NFL, the Broncos want to make the offense like Tebow had in FL? That is a recipe for disaster, there is a reason it's only run in college. The shotgun on every snap, little short passes to his runningbacks and tightends. The receivers are non-exsitent when Tebow is the qb.</P>

Every team will put 8-9 playersin the box, and dare him to be a pocket passer, and so far he is further behind rookie qb's this season. </P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

BurnerNYG
10-31-2011, 03:26 PM
Skip Bayless was right on today when discussing him. He has no weapons and no oline. plus a terrible defense and coaching. He scored 3 points when he took the hurry up shotgun looks. Cruised down the field then the rest of the game they made him play in the I under center formation. He cant do that right now. then at the end again they let him play Shotgun and he scored another td and almost another one until lance ball fumbled. Tebow can be successful under a shotgun hurry up. his supporting cast is terrible but he is making them play better in the drives he knows he can play well in when there is the formations he likes. dont know why john fox wants tebow to play in the I so bad. seriously a smart guy will just let tebow pick what he wants to play in then let him run the offense. Maybe when tebow get more practice (yes its only his second year but people treat him like its his 4th or 5th) (rodgers had 3 years to sit +great qb to learn under* tebow didnt + orton is no mentor) then tebow will get more comtoable after more successes in game time then he should be better in 2 years at playing in the I formations and 7 drop back passes and such.
</P>

Why do so many fans put the blame on his supporting cast? </P>

It was evident yesterday that he is not a good qb in the NFL. </P>

The Lions defenders must of been laughing half the game, the Broncos offense is pathetic, and Tebow is a big reason behind it. </P>

This is the NFL, the Broncos want to make the offense like Tebow had in FL? That is a recipe for disaster, there is a reason it's only run in college. The shotgun on every snap, little short passes to his runningbacks and tightends. The receivers are non-exsitent when Tebow is the qb.</P>

Every team will put 8-9 players*in the box, and dare him to be a pocket passer, and so far he is further behind rookie qb's this season. </P>

*</P>

*</P>

*</P>Waaaaay behind some rookies and it's not even close.

NYfanatic
10-31-2011, 04:31 PM
</p>

Why do so many fans put the blame on his supporting cast? </p>

It was evident yesterday that he is not a good qb in the NFL. </p>

The Lions defenders must of been laughing half the game, the Broncos offense is pathetic, and Tebow is a big reason behind it. </p>

This is the NFL, the Broncos want to make the offense like Tebow had in FL? That is a recipe for disaster, there is a reason it's only run in college. The shotgun on every snap, little short passes to his runningbacks and tightends. The receivers are non-exsitent when Tebow is the qb.</p>

Every team will put 8-9 playersin the box, and dare him to be a pocket passer, and so far he is further behind rookie qb's this season. </p>

</p>

</p>

</p>Waaaaay behind some rookies and it's not even close.
Tebow needed to wait 3 years and learn under a good team I think is what he really needed. But sadly he wont have that luxury. Maybe some other team (seahawks?) will get him the help he needs. But not the Broncos.

NYfanatic
10-31-2011, 04:41 PM
Truth is I think the NFL just plain sucks now, the whole landscape of the NFL just really gets me down.
I really want good guys like Tebow to succeed in this league ala (Jimmer in NBA)to make the NFL more family friendly. Thugs and Killers are succeeding in the NFL while the good guys are not. These are players kids look up to. Very bad. This is what the people want. People dont want goody guys to succeed. they want the bad boys to play well since its cool. Well I dont think it is. I hope the landscape will change 10 years from now but for now it wont. the media doesnt help as well. I do like the MLB better since its a much better atmosphere there (not in the 90s but today it much better) and I just like baseball more in general. I like the Giants because they dont hire troublemakers and get rid of them when they turn into one. but for now I dont care for much of the nfl anymore. But for one thing I am a catholic and I respect all of your beliefs anyone on this board has but for me the only thing that I know is that a lot of these players in the NFL wont be going Heaven thats for sure. (no bashing please)

NYfanatic
10-31-2011, 04:57 PM
I also wonder why people arent complaining of Blaine Gabbert. He has a worse Comp. % then Tebow. Plus a worse rating. what are Gabberts excuses? rookie mistakes? Tebow has less starts then Gabbert. So no go there. no team? Gabbert has Lewis and MJD much better then Tebows cast. Not an excuse there.

NYfanatic
10-31-2011, 05:42 PM
Great comment I just found:
Tim Tebow is an interesting study in human nature.
I greatly respect
him as a man. A great college QB that played in a great system with
great talent, but doesn't have the skill set to be a successful NFL QB.
On
one side are those that trash the guy because they can't stand the
publicity or displays of faith. They cheer guys with bad character or
criminal records, but loathe Tebow because he's a good guy and a vocal
Christian.
On the other side are die-hard defenders that refuse to
see reality. Anything he does, no matter how ugly or small, and it's
"See, I told you so. He's the man." They ignore the ugliness and
critical flaws and only see the few good things any knowledgeable fan
knows aren't sustainable.
When he fails then it's the bad O-line, bad coaching and play-calling, or he just had a bad day.
Somewhere
in the middle of all of that polarization is the real Tim Tebow. Not
Superman, not deserving of non-football-related derision either.
It would be nice to read stories and posters' comments about that guy, whoever he is.

DragonSoul
12-08-2011, 06:07 AM
And the kid keeps winning, got to love it.

Will say this though. He has to improve, because the other teams will adjust/adapt to you eventually. Just like all those running qbs. They 1st have the edge but eventually they get shut down, unless they take there game to the next level.

I hope Tebow does and he should get at least another year to see if he at least improves a bit. As long as he is making positive progress.

Seems a lot of people are supporting him now, well except his FO and most talking head ANALysts

giantyankee1976
12-08-2011, 07:22 AM
eventually reality will catch up but I am a Tebow supporter and wish him more W's

he is not a prototypical NFL QB. period.

eventually he'll be like a Kordell Stewart or some other "slash" type player. Antwan Randle El comes to mind...

But I wish him success, as a supporter of the "underdog."

bleedinblue27
12-08-2011, 08:00 AM

REALLY ??
Tebow will never throw for more then 200 yards in a game......in his lifetime!!
i'll give John Fox more credit for making the best of what he has...remember what they say!!
"you cant polish a turd"
John Fox is doing a darn good job!!

Rusty192
12-08-2011, 08:10 AM

REALLY ??
i'll give John Fox more credit for making the best of what he has...remember what they say!!
"you cant polish a turd"
John Fox is doing a darn good job!!You sound so stupid...

<h2>Tim Tebow throws for 202, 2 TDs as Broncos stun Vikes in 4th</h2>

<a href="http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=311204016">http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=311204016
</a>

Rusty192
12-08-2011, 08:12 AM
And the kid keeps winning, got to love it.

Will say this though. He has to improve, because the other teams will adjust/adapt to you eventually. Just like all those running qbs. They 1st have the edge but eventually they get shut down, unless they take there game to the next level.

I hope Tebow does and he should get at least another year to see if he at least improves a bit. As long as he is making positive progress.

Seems a lot of people are supporting him now, well except his FO and most talking head ANALystsYeah I think eventually teams will find a way to stop Tebow, just like they'll find a way to stop Cam Newton.

Redeyejedi
12-08-2011, 08:34 AM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

He was agreat college player but the NFL is a different place.</P>

If you say you like the kid because of his religious beliefs, thats perfectly understandable. But to say he's going to be a great player because of them makes no sense to me at all.</P>

Right now, I don't see the skills. And his throwing motion is going to get him killed. WAY too slow.</P>

</P>

The Worst throwing motion Ive ever seen get drafted.The Packers WR Randall Cobb has better throwing mechanics</P>

NYfanatic
12-09-2011, 05:20 PM

REALLY ??
"you cant polish a turd"
John Fox is doing a darn good job!!You sound so stupid...

<h2>Tim Tebow throws for 202, 2 TDs as Broncos stun Vikes in 4th</h2>

<a href="http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=311204016">http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=311204016
</a>

Tebow threw over 300 yards last year in the texans game.

appodictic
12-09-2011, 05:41 PM
Everyone keeps talking about replacing tebow because he has a 'bad arm'. What a joke he has bad receivers to. Winning is winning. Eli's best season was his super bowl season, not his last 4000 yard season and not this near 5000 yard season.

Winning!!

Garbloz
12-09-2011, 06:32 PM
no denying they put him in and started winning with the same players they were losing with.. seems to raise his whole teams morale. and seems to be a real good guy not acting. I root for him

jomo
12-09-2011, 06:39 PM

REALLY ?? Tebow will never throw for more then 200 yards in a game......in his lifetime!! i'll give John Fox more credit for making the best of what he has...remember what they say!! "you cant polish a turd" John Fox is doing a darn good job!!You sound so stupid...

<H2>Tim Tebow throws for 202, 2 TDs as Broncos stun Vikes in 4th</H2>

<A href="http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=311204016">http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=311204016
</A>

............he really meant 300 yards [;)] I love this story by the way and I really like the kid.

NYfanatic
12-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Threw for what 256 or so today? 18-24 in the 2nd half?

giantyankee1976
12-11-2011, 10:10 PM
Go Tebow !!!

LOL @ Lance Briggs, guess it "sucks" doesn't it? ***.

NYfanatic
12-11-2011, 10:40 PM
Go Tebow !!!

Urlacher said he was a good "running back"
LOL tebow is getting a lot of people mad across the league.

giantyankee1976
12-11-2011, 11:05 PM
Go Tebow !!!

Urlacher said he was a good "running back"
LOL tebow is getting a lot of people mad across the league.

don't get me wrong. Tim's no (conventional ) QB but I root him 'cause so many hate on him.

(Jaquan Williams looking like a wet behind the ears rookie tonight- I hate dallas)

DragonSoul
01-08-2012, 09:06 PM
Did you see Brady Quinn throw that 80 OT TD pass? Oh wait that was Tebow.

4 the idiots who said that Quinn would be starting by the 2nd half lmao.

DragonSoul
01-08-2012, 11:50 PM
RT @MarkHerzlich: "#Tebow is the most famous white Bronco since OJ's car"

-Toomor - Tebow Tebow Tebow He put up 316 passing yards vs the #1 pass defense.He is legit, What else does he need to do 4 respect?

Idkaname
01-09-2012, 09:26 AM

-Toomor - Tebow Tebow Tebow He put up 316 passing yards vs the #1 pass defense.He is legit, What else does he need to do 4 respect?
A couple slants and wide open recievers
#notimpressed

Itlan
01-09-2012, 09:34 AM

#notimpressedHe still hit the receivers in stride. That's like saying Eli isn't good, because all he does is put the ball where it needs to be.... what?

Idkaname
01-09-2012, 09:51 AM

#notimpressedHe still hit the receivers in stride. That's like saying Eli isn't good, because all he does is put the ball where it needs to be.... what?
Okay if that impressed you, good for you, but I sure wasn't

Itlan
01-09-2012, 10:06 AM

Okay if that impressed you, good for you, but I sure wasn'tAnd the TD to Eddie Royal? Was Royal wide open, or did he throw a slant on that one?

If you're not impressed, that's fine, but saying a couple of slants and wide open receivers? You're wrong lol.

lawl
01-09-2012, 01:23 PM
He completed less than 50% of his passes. When's the last time a QB did that, their team won the game, and they weren't the Denver broncos.

Trends like this do not last long.

CBlackburn57
01-09-2012, 03:55 PM
John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Tebow's passing yards tonight-316

Tebow's average yards per completion-31.6

Bronco's average yards per game over the regular season-316

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMK9FKMG3Nc

Morehead State
01-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Whats the message if he ends up with 666 total passing yards in the playoffs?

Itlan
01-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Whats the message if he ends up with 666 total passing yards in the playoffs?That he has been stringing along the faithful, and is, in fact, the anti-Christ, as I have long suspected.

jjj45
01-09-2012, 04:19 PM

#notimpressedSeriously IDK? Me thinks you just don't like Tebow.

DragonSoul
01-09-2012, 09:34 PM

Okay if that impressed you, good for you, but I sure wasn'tEnd of the game did they win or lose? He still needs to improve as do all qbs, but the ANALysts don't even want to give him a chance. He still hasn't started a full season.

DragonSoul
01-09-2012, 09:35 PM
He completed less than 50% of his passes. When's the last time a QB did that, their team won the game, and they weren't the Denver broncos.

Trends like this do not last long.Vick? and you are right, but they are winning in more then one way, and also read the above post from me.