PDA

View Full Version : The last time we made the run...........

FBomb
01-19-2012, 08:19 AM
....was there this many stupid posts byangry and scared fans of other teams?

Gimaniac
01-19-2012, 08:23 AM
No, no one feared us then.

They fear us now.

We beat the 18-0, 15-1, all on the road.

13-3 Pfft

bandwgn86
01-19-2012, 08:38 AM
....was there this many stupid posts by*angry and scared fans of other teams?I'd have to assume there were.. We did play the Cowpies afterall and I have read posts from their fans lol

Excluding the ntgrease (spelling?) dude, he is a great poster

Sundown
01-19-2012, 08:53 AM
Worst troll invasion I've seen since being on these boards.

miked1958
01-19-2012, 08:58 AM
Its all good. Let them.. They will all disappear after feb 5th...they we will have to search them out. lol

CTLadyBlue
01-19-2012, 09:02 AM
No, no one feared us then.

They fear us now.

We beat the 18-0, 15-1, all on the road.

13-3 Pfft

Last night hubby and I were at dinner and the table behind me was talking about the playoffs. Of course, my ears perked up (hubby is NOT a football nut like me). I heard one guy say to another:

"You think the Giants are gonna beat the Niners?"

"Did you see the Packers game, man? Why not"

"It's like these Giants just.....came out of nowhere."

Just like we did last time we made the run. We came out of nowhere. Same mid-season collapse (Redskins, Vikings) back then only to turn up the heat the last game of the season. Only difference is that the last game against the Pats in '07 we already had a playoff game locked up. This time we were playing for our playoff lives.

I like when we sneak up on people. I like that we're not high profile and have these high expectations. I think that puts too much pressure on teams. I think that was part of the Pats '07 demise. Trying to go perfect is something that teams shouldn't strive for. It's not the teams that come out of the gate strong and go 10-0 or 13-1 by the end of the year, it's the ones that wake up end of Nov/early Dec after using the first month or so to 'gel' with each other and play cohesive football while those dominant teams begin to either lose steam or crack under the constant media scrutiny to stay consistently dominant.

I remember after the Chiefs beat the Pack that Francesa began talking about what was going wrong with the Pack because they lost ONE GAME! The sky was falling because the Pack lost ONE GAME! To go from unstoppable to having problems after losing your first game in the medias eyes - no wonder these teams crack!

barran21
01-19-2012, 09:04 AM

nope, the internet is finally getting around to the rest of USA...

MattMeyerBud
01-19-2012, 09:18 AM

you know hte mantra "Act like you've been there before"

they haven't been "there" in a long time. Most of that fanbase doesn't know what to do wtih themselves

they will get a dose of reality this weekend

Gianthunter
01-19-2012, 09:31 AM
....was there this many stupid posts byangry and scared fans of other teams?There was tighter content control then.