PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else see Chase Blackburn interviewed in SNY last night?

BParcells777
01-19-2012, 10:49 AM
Great guy, very humble...........the perfect Coughlin type player.....knows how to answer a question like Eli does

The other team played great, we are just happy to be here........... LOL

jints10
01-19-2012, 10:54 AM
Didn't catch it but man he.is slow. He doesn't run he lumbers.

GameTime
01-19-2012, 11:27 AM
Didn't catch it but man he.is slow. He doesn't run he lumbers.</P>

and yet he still amnages to make a diference for the best...</P>

go figure. People used to say that Pierce made up for lack o speed with smarts. IMO....Blackburn is in the same mold and is equal to AP bringing that to the table.</P>

JJC7301
01-19-2012, 11:40 AM
Didn't catch it but man he.is slow. He doesn't run he lumbers.</P>

and yet he still amnages to make a diference for the best...</P>

go figure. People used to say that Pierce made up for lack o speed with smarts. IMO....Blackburn is in the same mold and is equal to AP bringing that to the table.</P>

</P>

He's been great. They should seriously think about bringing him back next year to compete with Goff for the starting MLB.</P>

FDNY Fitzy
01-19-2012, 11:42 AM
I'll tell you what... he is much better suited to the MLB role than Jones is.

I think you absolutely bring him back, remove someone like #55, I can't even remember his name any more.

Atomic1
01-19-2012, 11:48 AM
NFL Network had a microphone on him during the Packer game and what we learned is that he is a verbal leader on the field that also leads by his actions.

ryan12
01-19-2012, 11:53 AM

I think you absolutely bring him back, remove someone like #55, I can't even remember his name any more.

spencer paysinger who sucks

NYSPORTS
01-19-2012, 12:04 PM
He's there to help communicate from the middle and let Boley do his own thing.

TuckYou
01-19-2012, 12:33 PM
I think we have a bunch of guys that fit that mold though</P>

Off the top of my head:</P>

Chase Blackburn
Zack DeOssie
Jake Ballard
Mark Herzlich
Henry Hynoski
Jon Goff

Big smart slow white guys, with the exception of Goff. </P>

NYG4ME
01-19-2012, 12:37 PM
I think we have a bunch of guys that fit that mold though</p>

Off the top of my head:</p>

Chase Blackburn
Zack DeOssie
Jake Ballard
Mark Herzlich
Henry Hynoski
Jon Goff

Big smart slow white guys, with the exception of Goff. </p>

Put Bear Pascoe on there as well.. Snee, (he has to be) haha

NYG4ME
I think we have a bunch of guys that fit that mold though</p>

Off the top of my head:</p>

Chase Blackburn
Zack DeOssie
Jake Ballard
Mark Herzlich
Henry Hynoski
Jon Goff

Big smart slow white guys, with the exception of Goff. </p>

BParcells777
I dont see how he is such an effective pass defender if he is that slow....also 1st man down on Kick offs

I think its his huge size like Ballard that makes him appear slow......he claims he and Boley were both running full bore on the fumble recovery and surprised himself by keeping right with Boley

I'd rather have a MLBer that was smart and powerful than small and fast

Pakman
01-19-2012, 01:04 PM
I dont see how he is such an effective pass defender if he is that slow....also 1st man down on Kick offs

I think its his huge size like Ballard that makes him appear slow......he claims he and Boley were both running full bore on the fumble recovery and surprised himself by keeping right with Boley

I'd rather have a MLBer that was smart and powerful than small and fast

You know what I saw that and Boley was behind him.

To me it seemed like Boley was running full speed, but sometimes slow people can outrun you.

But I definitely noticed that.

Zaggs
01-19-2012, 01:07 PM

spencer paysinger who sucks

Cut the kid some slack. He is an undrafted rookie with no offseason work. Pretty sure no one expected the Giants to need him to play as much as he had

TuckYou
01-19-2012, 01:14 PM
I think we have a bunch of guys that fit that mold though</P>

Off the top of my head:</P>

Chase Blackburn
Zack DeOssie
Jake Ballard
Mark Herzlich
Henry Hynoski
Jon Goff

Big smart slow white guys, with the exception of Goff. </P>

</P>

true, Bear Pascoe andhow can I forget Dave Tollefson. These guys are blue collar, no big named, give 100% all the time, non stop motors. </P>

I cant include Snee cause he is a probowler making more money then all of these guys combined.</P>

BParcells777
01-19-2012, 01:41 PM
I saw one scouting report that rated Tollofson one of the top Giants players.
On any other DLine he'd be more noticed........he happens to be playing with 3 potential HOF players

We are loaded with talent......Its only recently Coughlin has gotten them all motivated

This will always be a problem with Tom......he's not too lovable

BUT He's effective

Blackburns re-arrival coincided with our dramatic turn around.......coincidence? not Likely

lawl
01-19-2012, 01:55 PM
Chase ran a 4.69 at his proday. Thats ok for a mlb

RedskinHater
01-19-2012, 02:00 PM
LOVE his fire! He's got to get rid of that paintbrush on his chin.[:D]

FDNY Fitzy
01-19-2012, 02:08 PM
Chase ran a 4.69 at his proday. Thats ok for a mlb

That is faster than Kiwi ran. Chase fits between Kiwi, who is all tackle and pass rush, and Boley who is pass rush and pass defense, with another good tackling player. It is actually a severely underrate LB crew. Only problem is neither Chase nor Kiwi can cover, so we use Rolle in the nickel a ton.

That being the case, with Grant gone soon they will want someone to try to replace that role.

Maybe Chad Jones can fit in somewhere/

BigBlue D
01-19-2012, 02:10 PM
NFL Network had a microphone on him during the Packer game and what we learned is that he is a verbal leader on the field that also leads by his actions.

My thoughts as well. If we don't end up keeping him next year, I wish the kid the best and I hope he gets a contract somewhere. He is too much of a leader and difference maker to be sitting on his couch like he was earlier this season.